BS (Accounting & Finance)
Students are required to complete 120 credit hours in 4 years (8 semesters) from various relevant disciplines. The degree program meets the requirements of International Federation of Accountants Education guidelines and is constructed around the core certification requirements of Professional Accounting bodies such as ICAP, ICMAP, ACCA and CIMA.
As a mandatory part of this program students are also required to undertake a 6-week intership (6 credit hours) with an accounting firm during the summer semester. Salient features of the program are:
- University level courses to broaden knowledge, enhance skills and improve competencies of the students.
- To groom a well rounded personality of students; a series of personal effectiveness and development workshops will be held on campus throughout the year.
- Internships and attachments specific to the accounting careers path will help students to get better job placements.
- Extensive use of information technology to equip graduates with the latest analytical tools and techniques.
- Intermediate or an equivalent examination with minimum 50% marks; or
- A-level with minimum 3 passes in principal subjects (IBCC equivalence required); and
- At least 50% marks in DSU Entrance Test
- Will only be allowed for courses passed from the HEC recognized institutions e.g., Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP), Institute of Cost Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP) and others.
- May be granted where the original earned grade is C or better.
- May be granted to a maximum of 50% of the total credits in the program.
- All exemptions shall be governed by relevant HEC guidelines.
DHA Suffa University