How to Negotiate Successfully
- This course will enable you to identify the opportunities for successful negotiation more readily.
- You will be able to understand the importance of deciding what I need, as compared to what I want.
- You will recognize why a thorough preparation is essential before beginning the negotiation.
- You will learn the sequential nature of negotiation and why each step is important.
- You will be able to employ a variety of negotiation strategies and tactics to achieve your negotiation objectives.
- You will be able to enter confidently into a negotiation with a win/win philosophy.
The Course Contents will help you to:
- Learn the right attitude for negotiation.
- Recognize why it is important to learn the art of successful negotiation?
- Understand, what is negotiation?
- Learn the types of negotiation and its features.
- Understand the importance of planning and preparation in negotiation.
- Recognize why the creation of right atmosphere is important for a successful negotiation?
- Learn the art of choosing right time and place for negotiation.
- Understand how to trade concessions?
- Learn the importance of body language in negotiation.
- How to deal with difficult people.
- Close the negotiation successfully.
Who Should Attend?
All managers, supervisors and whoever is negotiating from all sections of the corporate and consumer sector interested in acquiring skills of successful negotiation. This will help them and their respective organizations to negotiate and close more agreements and contracts successfully.
Key designation include:
- Purchase Officers
- Purchase Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Relationship Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Finance Managers
Sohail Yaqoob is a dynamic marketing and human resources professional with over 36 years of corporate experience. He was also a resource trainer for British Council Management Development Center. He has taught at various business institute like IBA, Iqra University and presently he is teaching at Mohammad Ali Jinnah University. He has spent his last twenty years at senior management positions with the leading organizations of Pakistan like PIA, Al Meezan Investments, TCS Pakistan Limited, Gillette Pakistan, Service Industries and DHL Pakistan Limited. In his various assignments with National and Multinational firms, Sohail had the opportunity of leading and managing the team of more than 100 professionals.
In two different firms he had been declared as The Best Salesperson of the Year. He was also declared as The Best Salesperson of the Middle East Region of DHL in 1993. Sohail is also a certified trainer from Bahrain DHL Regional Office and has worked very closely with Regional trainers in implementing DHL standard training program in Pakistan.
Key Features of the Program:
- This course is designed to enable the participants to learn the traits of successful negotiation.
- You will be able to learn and appreciate the best possible outcome for your businesses.
- The clients and suppliers who are happy to do business with you.
- A reputation for being a tough negotiator while earning the respect of those with whom you negotiate.
- Recognize the limitations, which keep an individual from performing as an effective and efficient negotiator.
- You will learn and understand the types of negotiation and its key features.
- You will be able to enter into any kind of negotiation without fear and apprehensions.
- You will learn the art of closing deals successfully and with the best possible terms for your organizations.
- This course highlights the importance of preparation and planning in negotiation which directly controls the outcome of negotiation.
- You will be able to understand and appreciate the importance of bargaining and concessions.
- You will discover the art of maximizing your potential and benefit.
Duration of the Program:
18 Hours 3 Weekends