Frequently Asked Questions
What does Suffa mean?
The name “Suffa” is derived from that rectangular platform in Prophet’s mosque, where some of the companions of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) spent most of their time acquiring knowledge from him. It is meant to generate the same thirst for knowledge amongst the faculty and students of DHA Suffa University, enabling them to achieve the highest standards in teaching, learning and research.
Do you provide any transport facility?
The University provides privately run vans and buses for the transportation of students. The charges are reasonable. Comfort and punctuality of the service is ensured.
Do you have any uniform for students?
There is no uniform for the students. However, the University expects the students to dress in accordance with both the moral and the professional codes of the society.
What are the programs offered at DSU?
DSU is currently offering the following programs:
• BE (Mechanical)
• BE (Electrical)
• BE (Civil Engineering)
• BS (Computer Sciences)
• BS (Software Engineering)
• BS (Data Sciences)
• Bachelor’s of Business Administration (BBA)
• BS (Accounting and Finance)
• BS (English)
• BS (International Relations)
• BS (Psychology)
• ME (Mechanical Engineering)
• ME (Electrical Engineering)
• MS (Computer Science)
• MS (Management Sciences)
Master’s of Business Administration (MBA)
– Human Resource Management
– Supply Chain Management
• PhD Programs
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Computer Science
• Management Science
What will be the duration of the programs?
All Bachelor’s programs are of 4-years duration.
All Master’s programs are a minimum of 2-years duration.
All Doctorate programs are a minimum of 3-years duration.
Does DSU offer medical programs?
Does DSU offer Diploma courses?
No, there is no Diploma course offered by DSU.
Is there any quota?
No, admissions in DSU are strictly based on merit.
What documents are required with the application form?
Applicants are required to bring the following original documents for application processing:
• Matriculation / O-Level / Equivalent Marks Sheet / Statements and Certificates
• Intermediate / Equivalent / A-Level Marks Sheet / Statements and Certificates
• Applicants with O-Level / A-Level and Technical studies must submit equivalence from IBCC
• College Provisional Certificate
• A copy of CNIC and B-Form
• 3 passport-sized photographs with white background
• Admit Card / Statement of Entry is required, if awaiting result
• Valid test scores of NEDUET (current year), NTS NAT (IE/ICS) (current year) or SAT II (within two years) if appeared. Applicants Submitting NEDUET, NTS NAT (IE/ICS) or SAT II test scores shall be exempted from taking DSU’s entrance test. However, candidates who do not have good enough NEDUET, NTS NAT (IE/ICS) or SAT II scores will be advised to appear in the DSU Admissions Test for better chances of securing admission.
• Valid test scores of NTS (current year) or SAT I (within two years) if appeared. Applicants Submitting NTS or SAT I test scores shall be exempted from taking DSU’s entrance test. However, candidates who do not have good enough NTS or SAT I scores will be advised to appear in the DSU Admissions Test for better chances of securing admission.
Is there any admission test?
Yes, the DSU Entrance Test is held on the date notified by the Admissions Office.
DSU also accepts valid NTS test scores taken within the last one year. The NTS test can be taken at convenient dates in all major cities of Pakistan. Please visit the NTS website (www.nts.org.pk) for details. Candidates may also submit their SAT scores; a combined score of 1000 or more in SAT-I and at least 550 in SAT-II (Math Level II-C).
Applicants submitting their NAT/ SAT-I / II/ GAT test scores obtained within the last one year shall be exempted from taking DSU Entrance .Test.
Is there any application processing fee?
Candidates pay Rs. 1000/- as the basic application processing fee with their Admission Forms.
What is the criterion for Diploma students?
Candidates holding a 3-year Diploma from DAE (equivalent to Intermediate) are eligible for admission if their scores are equivalent or above 60%. Candidates must bring their IBCC Equivalence Certificate of DAE.
Diploma holders of 1 and 2 years are not eligible for admission.
What is the credit transfer policy from other universities?
The University will entertain students who want to transfer to DSU from other HEC recognized universities. This will only be possible if their cases are compliant with the University’s laid down rules for transfer of credits.
What is the last date for the submission of form?
As notified by the Admissions Office.
What is the procedure for taking admission in DSU for international students?
The foreign applicants have to go through the process as per HEC (Higher Education Commission Pakistan) rules and regulations. The Fee Structure for foreign students is different.
How do I apply for financial aid?
Students have to submit the complete fee at the time of admission, but for the subsequent semesters, the following scholarships/interest-free loan facilities are available for students:
1. Merit-based Scholarship
2. Need-based Scholarship
3. Interest-free Loan from Ihsan Trust
4. Facility to pay Semester Fee in 2-3 installments