Dr. Muhammad Mobeen Movania
Assistant Professor and HoD, Computer Science
HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
PhD (Computer Science), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
BS (Computer Science), Iqra University, Karachi
Post Doctoral Research Scientist, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), A-Star, Singapore
Research Officer, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Senior Programmer, Data Communication and Control (DCC), Karachi, Pakistan
• GPU based volume rendering, Biomedical imaging and visualization, Soft body simulations, Physically based animation, Physically based rendering, Cloth simulation, Augmented reality
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen, Simulating Soft Bodies using Strain Based Dynamics, Chapter 12 in Game Engine Gems 3, AK Peters/CRC Press, pp:xx, Expected 2016.
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen and Lin Feng, Realtime Volumetric Lighting for WebGL, WebGL Insights, AK Peters/CRC Press, pp:261-284, 2015.
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen, Introduction to Modern OpenGL in C plusplus, FIT 2014 Tutorial, Islamabad, 17-19 December 2014
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen and LIN Feng, Coupling between In Vivo Endomicroscopic Imaging and Visualization Computing, in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS 2014), Birmingham City University, Birmingham, UK, 2-4 July 2014.
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen, OpenGL Development Cookbook, Packt Publishing, pp:300, July 2013.
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen, FARBIZ Farzam, Depth Image Based Cloth Deformation for Virtual Tryon, ACM SIGGRAPH 2013 Posters, 2013
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen, CHIEW Wei Ming, LIN Feng, On-Site Volume Rendering with GPU-Enabled Devices, Wireless Personal Communications, Vol 1(2), 2013
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen and Lin Feng, Realtime Physically-based Deformation Using Transform Feedback, Chapter 17 in OpenGL Insights, AK Peters/CRC Press, pp:233-248, 2012
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen, LIN Feng et. al, Coupling between Meshless FEM Modeling and Rendering on GPU for Real-time Physically-based Volumetric Deformation, Journal of WSCG, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp:1-10, ISSN 1213-6972, Union Agency, 2012
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen and LIN Feng, A Novel GPU-based Deformation Pipeline, in ISRN Computer Graphics, Vol 2012(2012), Article ID 936315, p:8, DOI:10.5402/2012/936315, 2012
• Patricia SP Thong, Stephanus S. Tandjung, MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen et al., Toward Real-time Virtual Biopsy of Oral Lesions using Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy Interfaced with Embedded Computing, in Journal of Biomedical Optics, Vol. 17, No. 5, DOI:10.11171.JBO.17.5.056009 , 2011.
• Patricia SP Thong, Malini Olivo, Stephanus S Tandjung, MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen et. al, Review of Confocal Fluorescence Endomicroscopy for Cancer Detection, in IEEE Photonics Society (IPS) Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, Vol. 18, No. 4, , pp: 1355 – 1366, 2011.
• Patricia S. P. Thong, Malini Olivo, MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen et. al, Hypericin Fluorescence Imaging of Oral Cancer: From Endoscopy to Real-time 3-Dimensional Endomicroscopy, in Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics, Vol. 1(2), pp:139-143, 2011.
• Patricia S. P. Thong, Ramaswamy Bhuvaneswari, Malini Olivo, MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen, et. al, Toward 3-dimensional virtual biopsy of oral lesions through the development of a confocal endomicroscope interfaced with embedded computing, in proceedings of SPIE OSA Biomedical Optics, SPIE Vol. 8086, 80860W, Munich, Germany, 2011.
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen, et. al, GPU-based Surface Oriented Interslice Directional Interpolation for Volume Visualization, in proceedings of Isabel 2009, 2nd International Symposium on Applied Sciences in Biomedical and Communication Technologies, Bratislava, Slovak Republic, 2009.
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen, et. al, Automated Local Adaptive Thresholding for Real-time Feature Detection and Rendering of 3D Endomicroscopic Images on GPU, in proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Computer Graphics & Virtual Reality, CGVR 2009, July 13 – 16, 2009, Las Vegas Nevada, USA. CSREA Press 2009.
• MOVANIA Muhammad Mobeen, et. al, On-Demand Volumetric Feature Rendering through GPU Acceleration, in proceedings of the 3rd Asian Conference on Computer Aided Surgery, ACCASS 2007,Singapore, 1-2 December 2007
• Fully funded PhD scholarship from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
• Gold medalist for highest CGPA during undergraduate studies
• Proud recepient of scholarship during undergraduate studies
• Winner of the city level inter university quiz competition (Quiz ITIS 2005)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org