• MSc, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• Signal Processing
• Adaptive filters
• Machine learning
• Umair bin Mansoor, Syed Muhammad Asad & Azzedine Zerguine, Stochastic Gradient Algorithm Based on an Improved Higher Order Exponentiated Error Cost Function, 48th IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, 2014
• Quasi-Newton Least Mean Fourth Adaptive Algorithm: Steady-State, Tracking and Transient Analysis, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller (June 16, 2010), ISBN-13: 978-3639262964
• MSc (Power Engineering), Technical University Munich, Germany
• BE (Electronics), NED University
• Linde AG, Engineering Division, Pullach, Germany
• Institute of Automatic Control, Technical University Munich (TUM), Germany
• Hamdard University, Karachi, Pakistan
• System Identification
• Linear Control Systems
• Non-Linear Control Systems
• Distributed Control Systems
• Model Predictive Control
• Electrical Machines (Control)
• Automatic Power Factor Correction Unit, International Conference on Computing, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, ICE Cube 2016, April 11-12, Quetta, Pakistan. ISBN 978-1-5090-1252-7
• Design of Smart Charge Controller for Wind Electric Conversion System, 8th International conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies SET 2009, 31st Aug to 3rd Sep 2009, Aachen, Germany. ISBN 978-3-9813246-1-7
• An off-grid Model Setup for Wind Electric Conversion System, TENCON 2009, November 23-26, Singapore. ISBN 978-1-4244-4547-9
• National Instruments LabVIEW based Pharmaceutical Medication Device with Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition System (SCADA), SoutheastCon 2009, March 5-8, Atlanta, GA, USA. ISBN 978-1-4244-3978-2
• GSM Based Security System Using LabVIEW,First International Conference on Computer, Control and Communication 2007 at Pakistan Navy Engineering College, NUST, Karachi during November 12-13, 2007
• Masters Thesis at Linde Engineering, Pullach, Germany in the department of Information Technology and Process Control
• Funding from NED University for presenting projects in Germany and USA at undergraduate level
• First prize winner in hardware competition at PAF-KIET (2008)
• MSc (Sustainable Electrical Power), Brunel University London, United Kingdom
• BS (Electronics), SSUET, KarachiFormerly:
• Senior Lecturer, DHA Suffa University
• Lecturer, Usman Institute of Technology
• Project Officer, Brunel University London
• Electrical Engineer, Pakistan International Container Terminal
• Power Quality, Renewable Energy
• Asif Gulraiz, Hammad Munami, Power Factor Correction for Non-Linear Loads, International Journal on Energy Conversion (IRECON). ISSN: 2281-5295, e-ISSN: 2281-5309.
• Distinction in Final Thesis (MSc), Brunel University London
• ME (Communication Systems and Networks), MUET
• BE (Telecommunications), MUET
• Assistant Manager, Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited (PTCL – Etisalat), Hyderabad
• Resident Engineer, Interactive Group of Companies Pvt Ltd, Army Data Center, Hyderabad
• Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
• Cooperative Communication Systems
• S Asad A, et al, Performance Evaluation Of Decode & Forward Cooperative Communication Protocols, International Journal Of Information Technology And Electrical Engineering , 1st Jan 2013, ISSN: 2225-7217
• Syed Asad Ali, et al, Bit Error rate Analysis of Amplify and Forward Cooperative Communication Protocol, IEEEP 26th Multi Topic Symposium 2011, Karachi Pakistan
• Gold Medal from IEEE on research paper
• Position Holder in BE
B.E. (Electrical Engg.) NED University
MS-PhD (Electrical Engg.) Hanyang University, South Korea
Electric Machine Design, Optimization and Analysis
1. Assistant Professor
Department of Electrical Engineering
DHA Suffa University, Pakistan [10.2022 ~ to-date]
2. Assistant Professor
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Ghulam Ishaq Khan (GIK) Institute, Pakistan [09.2020 ~ 09.2022]
3. Post-doctoral Researcher
Korea Electronics Technology Institute (KETI), South Korea [09.2019 ~ 08. 2020]
4. Trainee Engineer
Karachi Electric Co. Ltd. (K.E.) – Distribution Region I, Karachi, Pakistan [05.2012 ~ 05.2013]
1. Sunil Kumar, Wenliang Zhao, Zhentao S. Du, Thomas A. Lipo, and Byung-il Kwon, “Design of Ultra-High Speed Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Machine with Sinusoidal Back-EMF for Energy Storage Application” in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 51, no. 11, pp. 1-4, Nov. 2015.
2. Sunil Kumar, Thomas A. Lipo, and Byung-il Kwon, “A 32,000 r/min Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Machine for Energy Storage with Mechanical Stress Analysis” in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 1-4, July 2016.
3. Sunil Kumar, and Byung-il Kwon, “Design and Analysis of a Material Efficient Sinusoidal Consequent-Pole High-Speed Axial Flux Machine”, in Journal of IKEEE (KCI Indexed), vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 759-766, Sep-2018.
4. Se-Hyun Rhyu, Sunil Kumar, Salman Khaliq, Myung-Hwan Yoon, Jeong-Eui Yun, and Sang-Seon Lee, “Design Optimization for Pullout Torque Improvement of a Magnetic Coupling in Chemical Pump Application”, Journal of Magnetics (SCIE/SCOPUS Indexed), Vol. 26. No. 01, pp. 60-66, Mar-2021. https://doi.org/10.4283/JMAG.2021.26.1.060
1. Sunil Kumar, Wenliang Zhao, Zhentao S. Du, Thomas A. Lipo, and Byung-il Kwon “Design of Ultra-High Speed Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Machine with Sinusoidal Back-EMF” IEEE International Magnetics (INTERMAG) conference, Beijing, China, 11~15 May 2015.
2. Sunil Kumar, Thomas A. Lipo, and Byung-il Kwon “A 32,000 rev/min Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Machine for Energy Storage with Mechanical Stress Analysis” IEEE Joint MMM/INTERMAG conference, San Diego, CA, USA, 11~15 Jan 2016.
3. Sunil Kumar, Myeong-Hwan Yoon, Salman Khaliq, Se-Hyun Rhyu, “Magnetic Coupling PM Shape optimization for Pull-out Torque Improvement of a 50-hp Industrial Pump System” IEEE International Magnetics (INTERMAG) conference, Montreal, Canada, 2020.
4. Sunil Kumar, Wenliang Zhao, Thomas A. Lipo, and Byung-il Kwon “Optimal Design of Ultra-high speed Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Motor with Sinusoidal Back-EMF” KIEE Spring Conference, 25-April-2014.
5. Sunil Kumar, Wenliang Zhao, Thomas A. Lipo, and Byung-il Kwon, “Optimal Rotor Design of Ultra-high speed Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Motor for Cogging Torque and Torque Ripple Minimization” KIEE Summer Conference, 16-July-2014.
6. Sunil Kumar, Thomas A. Lipo, and Byung-il Kwon, “Analytical Design of Rotor Magnet Shape of an Ultra-High Speed Three-Phase Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Machine” KIEE Spring Conference, 17-April-2015.
7. Sunil Kumar, and Byung-il Kwon, “Rotordynamic Analysis of High-speed Axial-flux type Permanent Magnet Machine” KIEE Fall Conference, 21-Oct- 2016.
8. Sunil Kumar, and Byung-il Kwon, “Experimental Evaluation and Analysis of High-Speed Axial Flux PM Machine for Flywheel Energy Storage”, KIEE Summer conference, 14-July-2017.
9. Sunil Kumar, Hyeun-Myeong Yang, Byung-il Kwon, ‘Axial Force Control of a High-Speed Axial Flux PM Machine for Flywheel Energy Storage System’’. KIEE Summer conference, 12-July-2018.