• PhD (Physics), Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
• MPhil (Physics), Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
• MA (Educational Administration), University of the Punjab
• MSc (Physics), Islamia University, Bahawalpur
• Diploma in Foreign Language (Hindi), National University of Modern Languages
Strengths / Skills:
• Leadership and HR Management
• Guidance and Counseling Research and Development
• Educational Administration
• Teaching as Passion
• Budgeting and Finance Management
• Formulation of Policies and Standing Order Procedure
30 plus Research Publications in Top ranking International Journals with 100 plus Impact Factor
30 years plus of teaching, administrative and organizational experience
Engr. Prof. Dr. Ahmad Hussain
Professor & Dean (EAS) & Director ORIC
– HEC Approved Ph.D Supervisor
– Ph.D (Thermo-fluids), University Technology Malaysia, Johor, Malaysia, 2006
– M.Sc (Nuclear Engineering), Centre for Nuclear Studies, Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences, Islamabad, Pakistan, 1991
– B. E. (Mechanical), NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi., Pakistan, 1988
Dr. Hussain has bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi in 1989. After completing the Masters in Nuclear Engineering from Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan, he joined Karachi Institute of Power Engineering in 1991 which is an affiliated with PIEAS, Islamabad. Dr. Hussain was associated with this institute as a faculty member and researcher until 2010. In 2002, he was awarded Commonwealth Scholarship for Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering. During my Ph.D, he had designed and fabricated my combustion test rig and did a number of experiments on that rig for low grade coal combustion and gasification. During his stay in Malaysia, he was involved in a number of research projects for state owned giants like SIRIM Berhad and Tenaga Nasional Berhad. Dr Hussain moved to Saudi Arabia in December 2010 and have worked for King Abdul University at Jeddah Campus for about five years during which he acquired research funding for various research projects whose details will follow later in his resume. Dr. Hussain has recently got a US patent accepted a patent number has been issued. After his return to Pakistan in 2016, he joined as Tenure Track Professor at NED University, Karachi. Dr. Hussain has more than 2 years of post Ph.D experience and a total teaching experience of 27 years.
During his stay at King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, KSA, he worked as Advisor Research for two years. During this period he organized the research publications work at KAU which helped the University to climb up in QS Rankings. A number of grants were also secured during this period. Later on I was actively involved in the ABET accreditation process. Worked as Director, ORIC at SZABIST, Karachi. A number of startups were initiated our which were supported by private companies. Also handling a grant of about 81 Million Pak Rupees on Predictive Analytics Lab. SZABIST has won a TDF grant of 14 M to make documentaries Highlighting H.E.C/T.D.F Success Stories. This is the video documentary project. Currently working as Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Suffa University, Karachi
WORK EXPERIENCE ( Total Teaching/Administrative and Research Experience of 27 Years)
– DHA Suffa University, Karachi (August 2020 – to date) working as Professor
– SZABIST, Karachi (Mar. 2018 — July 2020) Working as Director, ORIC
– Hamdard University, Karachi (Nov 2017 – Feb 2018) – Professor
– NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi. (June 2016 – Oct 2017- 1.5 years) – TTS Professor
– King Abdulaziz University (QS Ranked 50 in Asia), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (2011-2015 – 5 years) Research Advisor/ Professor
– Karachi Institute of Power Engineering (KINPOE, PIEAS) (From 1991-2010- 19 years) – Head Mechanical
– Faculty Member University Technology Malaysia, Johor Bharu Malaysia (2006-2007) – Research Associate
– Member of the Accreditation Committee of the Pakistan Engineering Council to visit various engineering universities for zero visits or follow up visits and OBE accreditation visits.
– Member of the Expert Committee of HEC for Scientific and Engineering Journals – attended various meetings in Islamabad
– Registered as Professional Engineer with Pakistan Engineering Council, Islamabad, Pakistan (Life Member)
– Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
– Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), USA
– Member IASTED, Canada
27 YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL & ADMINSTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
Worked for about 20 years at Karachi Nuclear Power Complex which is first installed nuclear power plant of Pakistan. I was involved in addressing design related issues of the plant in addition to teaching professional courses related to Plant. Before coming to Saudi Arabia, I was working as Head, Mechanical at KINPOE/PIEAS.
1. Ph.D. Research Project on Circulating Fluidized Bed Coal Combutor
The purpose of this study is to investigate the hydrodynamic behavior and thermo chemical performance of biomass and coal blends in a Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB), which is an upcoming technology in Malaysia. Thermochemical studies for palm shell wastes and coal blends were done in a hot circulating fluidized-bed (CFB) test rig, installed at SIRIM Berhad, Shah Alam,
2. Consultation Work For SIRIM Berhad, Malaysia On Municipal Waste Combustion
A consultation work was done for SIRIM Berhad, Shah Alam on the project titled “Computer modelling of a municipal solid waste combustor for different fuel mixtures” from May-July 2004. Numerical simulations of the flow field inside the primary and secondary combustion chambers provided the temperature profiles and the concentration data at the nodal points of computational grids. Parametric study was also done to minimize the NOx emissions.
3. Consultation work for Tenaga Nasional Berhad, Malaysia on Combustion Simulation for Palm Olein Blended Fuel
Work related to experimental and combustion simulation was done for TNB from September 2004 – April 2005 on a project titled “Experimental and simulations studies of combustion test firing of blended palm olein-distillate oil in laboratory combustion test rig”. As far as the temperature distribution, flame structure and NOx emissions are concerned; it is not useful that the palm olein blending should be used in excess of 40%. For high blended fuel, the excessive soot particles may cause damage to turbine blades.
4. Consultation Work for SIRIM Berhad, Malaysia on Combustion Studies of Oil Palm Shell Waste
A joint research project is being initiated in June 2005 between Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, UTM and SIRIM Berhad, Shah Alam to investigate efficient combustion method for solid wastes in Malaysia. Circulating fluidized-bed technology is considered to be one of the most suitable techniques to thermally convert different fuels into useful energy. The purpose of the tests is to investigate the suitability of the selected fuels for energy production using CFBC while taking care of the flue gas emissions.
5. Quality Assurance Criteria For Managers In Energy Sector
This research was done to develop energy conservation culture in our society and also prepare manpower for designated posts such as energy officers, energy auditors and energy managers. The importance of energy management and conservation will help to withstand nation in upcoming competitive industrialized global environment. Certification methodology for energy officers, energy auditors and energy managers is designed particularly for Pakistani working environment along with the accreditation of institutes in private sector which will provide training and carry out official energy audits.
6. Nuclear Desalination
There is a grown interest in the area of nuclear desalination i.e., the production of freshwater via seawater desalination using nuclear energy using nuclear generating units. A number of countries are currently engaged in this activity. A nuclear desalination demonstration facility (4,500 m3/d MED coupled to a PHWR) in Karachi, Pakistan is currently working under testing phase. Techno-economic feasibilities are being done to make nuclear desalination a viable option is being done now which is important for coastal countries, which are suffering or will soon suffer serious water shortages.
The following funded projects were done during my stay at King Abdul Aziz University.
1- Energy Management Studies of Faculty of Engineering at King Abdul Aziz University, Rabigh, Saudi Arabia (SR 50,000 KAU Funded Project, Already Completed)
2-Pyrolysis and devolatization behavior of Palm dates wastes (KAU Funding available – SR 50,000, Completed)
3-Pyrolysis process development and surface chemical treatment of palm wastes based activated carbon to improve its adsorption capacity in industrial wastewater treatment process (KACST Funded Project – 2 Million SR)
4-Hydrodynamic and fluidization behavior in a Circulating Fluidized Bed Riser (KAU Funding Available – SR 50,000, Completed)
United States PATENT:
Iqbal Ahmed, Ahmad Hussain, Hani Hussain Sait (2017) HIGH PERFORMANCE MINI-PUMP FOR LIQUIDS, United States Patent Application Publication, Pub. No.: US 2017/0184122 A1; Pub. January, 2019
SELECTED IMPACT FACTOR JOURNALS PUBLICATIONS
1. Asifa Bashir, Farzana Hanif, Ghazala Yasmeen, Fazal Mabood, Ahmad Hussain, Naseem Abbas, Ammar Bin Yousaf, Muhammad Aamir, Suryyia Manzoor (2019) Polyaniline based magnesium nanoferrite composites as efficient photocatalysts for the photodegradation of Indigo Carmine in aqueous solutions, Desalination and Water Treatment, doi:10.5004/dwt.2019.24394, Accepted Article 7-6-2019,
Impact Factor = 1.383
2. Ahmad Hussain, Iqbal Ahmad, Mahrukh Zaidi (2019) The Importance of Seawater Intake and Its Treatment Techniques for RO Desalination Plant, Pakistan Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, PCSIR, Scientific Information Centre. Accepted Article in Press. (HEC – Y Category Journal) Accepted 5-3-2019
3. Ahmad Hussain, Faraz Junejo, Muhammad Nauman Qureshi, Afzal HAque (2019) Hydrodynamic and combustion behavior of low-grade coals in the riser of a circulating fluidized bed combustor, NUST Journal of Engineering Sciences, Accepted Article in Press. (HEC – X Category Journal) Accepted 10-3-2019
4. Lubna Khlaid, Ahmad Hussain (2019) From Theory to Practice: Classroom Application of Outcome-Based Education in SZABIST Schools at Larkana, Pakistan, 3rd International Social Sciences and Humanities Berlin Conference, Berlin, 02-05 May, 2019
5. Ahmad Hussain, Syed Murtuza Mehdi, Amjad Ali, Muhammad Adeel, Mohammed Hassan Jabal, Farid Nasir Ani (2018)Investigation of tribological characteristics of castor oil with mineral oil blends, First online 23 October(2018), Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences (JEAS), Vol 37 No 1 ( HEC Recognized X – Category Journal)
6. Farhad Ali, Ahmad Hussain, Yasmin Nergis,, Mughal Sharif, Sadaf Faryal Shah, Absar Ahmed Khan (2018) Impact of Eutrophication on Shallow Marine Water near Karachi , Coast, Pakistan, Proceedings of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences: Pakistan Academy of Sciences B. Life and Environmental Sciences 55 (2): 27–36 (HEC – Y Category Journal)
7. Shamoon Jamshed, Shafiq Rehman Qureshi, Aqueel Shah, Ahmad Hussain (2018) Investigation of Entropy Generation Rate and its Minimization in Helical Grooved Tubes, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology (Springer), Accepted Article. Impact Factor = 1.194
8. Maaz Akhtar, Sayyad Zahid Qamar, Syed Murtuza Mehdi, Ahmad Hussain (2018) Diffusion-based swelling in elastomers under low- and high-salinity brine, Journal of Elastomers & Plastics, 51 (1): 75-84, First Online 9 September 2018 (IF = 0.783)
9. Ahmad Hussain, Murtuza Mehdi, Maaz Akhtar, Farid Nasir Ani, Iqbal Ahmed (2018) Combustion Performance of Diesel Palm Olein Fuel: A Combined CFD and Experimental Approach, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Volume 43, Issue 3: pp 1291–1300 https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-017-2823-5 Impact Factor = 0.86
10. Ahmad Hussain, Syed Murtuza Mehdi, Amjad Ali, Muhammad Adeel, Mohammed Hassan Jabal, Farid Nasir Ani (2018) Investigation of tribological characteristics of castor oil with mineral oil blends, Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences (JEAS), Vol 37 No. 1 .(HEC Recognized X – Category Journal) https://journals.uetjournals.com/index.php/JEAS/article/view/2688
11. Farhad Ali, Ahmad Hussain, Yasmin Nergis, Mughal Sharif, Sadaf Faryal Shah (2018) Impact of Eutrophication on Shallow Marine Water near Karachi Coast, Pakistan, Proceedings of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences, 55 (2): 27–36 ( HEC Recognized X – Category Journal) http://www.paspk.org/proceedings/
12. Murtuza Mehdi, Maaz Akhtar, Ahmad Hussain, Muhammad Nauman, Dheya Shuja Alothmany, Iqbal Ahmed and Kyung-Hyun Choi (2017) Dip coated stretchable and bendable PEDOTPSS films on low modulus micro-bumpy PDMS substrate, Journal of Polymer Engineering, Published ahead of printing, https://doi.org/10.1515/polyeng-2017-0081
Impact Factor = 0.66
13. Ahmad Hussain, Murtuza Mehdi, Maaz Akhtar, Farid Nasir Ani, Iqbal Ahmed (2017) Combustion Performance of Diesel Palm Olein Fuel: A Combined CFD and Experimental Approach, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Accepted Article in Press.
Impact Factor = 0.86
14. Yasmin Nergis, Mughal Sharif, Ahmad Hussain, Jawad A Butt1 and Yusra Tahir (2017) Reed Bed Technology and Recharging on Groundwater: Mitigating the Climate Effect of Coastal Areas, Journal of Earth Science & Climatic Change 8:7, DOI: 10.4172/2157-7617.1000406 Impact Factor = 1.06
15. Ahmad Hussain, Shahid Ali, Iqbal Ahmed, Jolius Gimbun, Muhammad H. Albeirutty and Zulfiqar Ahmad Rehan (2016) Microwave Reinforced Transesterification of Rubber Seed Oil Using Waste Cement Clinker Catalyst, Current Nanoscience Volume 12 (E-pub ahead of print). Impact Factor = 1.096
16. Syed Murtuza Mehdi,Maaz Akhtar, Ahmad Hussain (2016) CFD Study of Liquid Sodium inside a Wavy Tube for Laminar Convectors: Effect of Reynolds Number, Wave Pitch and Wave Amplitude, Mathematical Problems in Engineering , Volume 2016, Article ID 6146195, 7 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/6146195
Impact Factor = 1.381
17. Syed Murtuza Mehd, Maaz Akhtar, Ahmad Hussain (2016) Electromechanical Response of Dip-coated Silver Films on Micro Bumpy Polymer Surface, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, doi:10.1007/s13369-016-2358-
Impact Factor = 0.4
18. Zainal Abidin Yusof, Iqbal Ahmed, Ahmad Hussain (2015) Thermal Evaluation of Diesel/Hydrogen Peroxide Fuel Blend, Chemical Engineering Technology 38, No. 12, 2170–2180. Impact Factor = 2.44
19. Ahmad Hussain, Fouad Abulaban, Syed Khubaib, Sajjad Mubin (2015) Steady state and transient thermalhydraulic analysis of PHWR using COBRA-3C/RERTR, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology – Transaction of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 39, No.M1, pp 233-242 Impact Factor = 0.53
20. Abdelkarim M. Hegab, Hani Hussain Sait Ahmad Hussain (2015) Impact of the Surface Morphology on the Combustion of Simulated Solid Rocket Motor, Mathematical Problems in Engineering Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Volume 2015, Article ID 485302, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/485302
Impact Factor = 1.381
21. Dheya Shujaa Al-Othmany, Ahmad Hussain, Essam Banoqitah (2015)High-Level Radioactive Waste Storage Feasibility for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, ISSN 1319-8025 Volume 40 Number 1:195-203, DOI 10.1007/s13369-014-1503-y Impact Factor = 0.4
22. Syed Waheed ul Hasan, Ahmad Hussain (2014) Date Palm Waste Gasification in Downdraft Gasifier and Simulation using ASPEN HYSYS Energy Conversion & Management 88:693-699 Impact Factor = 3.59
23. Mustafa Zaidi, Imran Amin, Ahmad Hussain, Nukman Yusoff (2014) Error assessment of laser cutting predictions by semi-supervised learning, Journal of Central South University (Springer) 221: 3736−3745 DOI: 10.1007/s11771-014-2357-x Impact Factor = 0.464
24. Fathi Djouider, Ahmad Hussain (2014) A laboratory study of the oxidation of non toxic Cr(III) to toxic Cr(VI) by OH. free radicals in simulated atmospheric water droplets conditions: Potential environmental impact Journal of Hazardous Materials (Elsevier) 276: 19-25 Impact Factor = 4.14
25. Abdullah Alshehri, Ahmad Hussain, Yousof Almubarak (2014) Energy Conversion Measures in the Industries of Saudi Arabia and Development of Methodology for Certification of Energy Personnel in the Kingdom, Energy Policy (Elsevier) 64: 203-208 Impact Factor = 3.382
26. Abdulkarim Hegab, Hani Hussain Sait, Ahmad Hussain, A.S. Said (2014) Numerical Modeling for the Combustion of Simulated Solid Rocket Motor Propellant, Computers and Fluids (Elsevier) 89: 29-37. Impact Factor = 1.830
27. Siti Nur Sakinah Jamaludin, S. Basri, Ahmad Hussain, Dheya Al-Othmany, F. Mustapha and Dewan Muhammad Nuruzzaman (2014) Three Dimensional Finite Element Modeling of Thermomechanical Problems in Functionally Graded Hydroxyapatite/Titanium Plate, Mathematical Problems in Engineering. Impact Factor = 1.380
28. Ahmad Hussain, Fouad Abolaban (2014) Nuclear Desalination: A Viable Option for Producing Fresh Water- Feasibility and Techno-Economic Studies, Life Science Journal 11(1): 301-307 Impact Factor = 0.167
29. Muhammad Yusuf, Abdelhamid Saoudi, Nazeeh Alothmany, Dheya Alothmany, Sameer Natto, Nurul Islam Molla, Noor Mail, Abdulraheem Abdulrahman Kinsara, Ahmad Hussain(2014) Characterization of the Optically Stimulated Luminescence nanoDot for CT Dosimetry, Life Science Journal 11. Impact Factor = 0.167
30. Ahmad Hussain, Iqbal Ahmed,Hani Hussain Sait, Mohamed Ismail Basayoni, Hegab, Abdelkarim Morsy Hegab, Syed Waheed, Farid Nasir Ani (2013) An Experimental and Simulation Study of Fluidization Behavior of Palm Biomass in a Circulating Fluidized Bed Riser, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 52: 17529−17537 DOI: 10.1021/ie401856b Impact Factor = 2.206
31. F. A. Abolaban, M. A. Najem, Ahmad Hussain, Majdi Alnowaimi, David Bradley (2013) Improving MVCBCT image quality using a Cu target with flattening filter-free LINAC, Life Sci J 2013;10(4):1624-1628]. (ISSN:1097-8135). ImpactFactor= 0.167
32. Mustafa Zaidi, Imran Amin, Ahmad Hussain, Nukman Yusoff (2013) Estimation of ANN Modelling of Laser Cutting with Missing Values, La Pensee 75 (10): 159-171.
Impact Factor = 0.06
33. Iqbal Ahmed, Ani Idris, Ahmad Hussain, Zainal A.M. Yusof, Muhammad Saad Khan (2013) Influence of Co-solvent Concentration on the Properties of Dope Solution and Performance of Polyethersulfone Membranes, Chemical Engineering & Technology (Wiley –VCH Verlag GmbH), 36 (10): 1-9 Impact Factor = 1.366
34. Skakaib, M., Iqbal, A., Rosli M. Yunus, Ani Idris, Hussain, A. (2013) Influence of Monosodium Glutamate Additive on Morphology and Permeability Characteristics of Polyamide Dialysis Membrane, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 128, Issue 5: 3346-3355 DOI: 10.1002/APP.38377 Impact Factor = 1.395
35. Hani H. Sait, Ahmad Hussain, Arshad Adam Salema, Farid Nasir Ani (2012) Pyrolysis and combustion kinetics of date palm biomass using thermogravimetric analysis, Journal of Bioresource Technology (Elsevier), 118: 382-389 Impact Factor = 4.75
36. Abdelkarim Morsy Hegab, Hani HussainSait, Ahmad Hussain, Ashraf Balabel, Mahdi Almutawa, Fathi Djouider. Modeling Of Microscale Solid Rocket Composite Propellant. Life Sci J 2013; 10(4): 523-531]. (ISSN:1097-8135). http://www.lifescienceite.com.
Impact Factor = 0.167
37. Mahdi AlMutawa, Ahmad Hussain, Abdekarim Morsy Hegab, Faheem Hassan Akhtar. Feasibility Studies of Solar Assisted Desalination Technology for the Coastal Areas of Rabigh Using Multi Effect Desalination Method and Its Lab-Scale Demonstration. Life Sci J 2013;10(3):2691-2697]. (ISSN: 1097-8135).http://www.lifesciencesite.com. Impact Factor = 0.167
38. Dheya O,Ashraf S, Ahmad H. Gamma Rays Transmission Densitometry of Distillation Columns and Development of a Computerized Expert System for Faulty Analysis, Life Sci J 2013;10(2):1613-1618]. (ISSN:1097-8135). http://www.lifesciencesite.com. 228 Impact Factor = 0.167
39. Iqbal, A., Hussain,A., I, Hasani, S.M.F., Shakaib, M., Yunus, R.M. (2012) Computational modeling for visualization of flow patterns in a membrane testing device, Journal of Separation and Purification Technology 90: 1-9 Impact Factor = 3.52
40. Iqbal Ahmed, Ahmad Hussain, Hani Hussain Sait (2017) High Performance Mini-Pump for Liquids, United States Patent Application Publication # US 2017/0184122 A1, Published 29 June 2017.
NON Impact Factor
41. Fareda Zeab , Uzma Ali , Ahmad Hussain (2016) A comparative study on mental health of working and non-working women in Pakistan: Stress, Journal of Research on Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol. 6 No. 5:8-14 Indexed in SCOPUS
42. Yasmin Nergis, Mughal Sahrif, Abdul Hameed Memon, Dheya AlOthmany, Khawar Naveed, Ahmad Hussain (2016) Ecosystem Approach And Hydrological Potential Study Of Port Qasim Industrial Coastal Zone Of Karachi Pakistan, Journal of Civil and Environmental Research, ISSN (Paper)2224-5790, ISSN (Online)2225-0514, Vol. 8 No. 2: 18-26 Indexed in SCOPUS
43. Yasmin Nergis, Mughal Sahrif, Ahmad Hussain, Khawar Naveed, Abdul Hameed Memon (2015) Ecosystem Approach and Hydrological Potential Study of Coastal area of Thatta Sindh, Pakistan, International Journal of Environmental Geology Vol:6(2): 52-55 HEC Recognized Journal (Y-category)
44. Amber Nasreen Anjum, Dheya Shujaa Al-Othmany, Ahmad Hussain (2015) Generalization of Motivational Factors in L2 Learners, Journal: International journal of Education & Practice Vol 6, No (30 ): 170-177 Indexed in SCOPUS
45. Ahmad Hussain, Naz Islam, Abdulraheem Abduklrahman Kinsara, Fouad Abolaban (2014) Need for a Safety Culture in the Nuclear Facilities of Saudi Arabia, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, Volume22 Issue12, Pages 1771-1781 Indexed in SCOPUS
46. Yasmin Nergis, Mughal Sharif, Afzal Farooq Choudhry, Ahmed Hussain, Jawad Abdullah Butt (2012) Impact of Industrial and Sewage Effluents on Karachi Coastal Water and Sediment Quality, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 11 (10): 1443-1454, ISSN 1990-9233 Indexed in SCOPUS
47. Sait, H., Hussain, A., Selim, A. (2012) Experimental investigation on freezing of water falling film on vertical bank of cold horizontal tubes, Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications – ASME Transaction, Vol. 4: 1-4 (Indexed in SCOPUS) Cited = 1
48. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, A. N. (2008). Gas-solid flow modelling in the riser of a circulating fluidised bed. International Journal of Modelling and Simulation, 28(1), IASTED, Acta Press. Calgary, CANADA Vol. 28 (1): 85- 90 Cited =3 Indexed in SCOPUS
49. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Sulaiman, N., Adnan, M. (2006). Combustion modeling of an industrial municipal waste combustor. International Journal of Environmental Studies, Taylor and Francis, 63(3): 313-329. Indexed in Scopus Cited =3
50. Hussain A., Ani, F.N, Darus, A.N., Mokhtar, H., Azam, S. and Mustafa, A. (2006) Thermochemical Behaviour of the Oil Palm Shell Waste in a Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustor (CFBC). Journal of Oil Palm Research., 18(1),:210-218 Imapact Factor =0.237
51. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Darus, A.N., Mustafa A. and Salema AA. (2005) Simulation studies of gas-solid in the riser of a circulating fluidized bed. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Fluidised Bed Combustion, 22-25 May, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Indexed in SCOPUS Cited =3
52. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N, Darus, A.N., Mokhtar, H. and Azam, S. (2006) Thermogravimetric and kinetic study on the pyrolytic process of oil palm solid waste. Journal of Industrial Technology., 15 (1): 87-99 . Indexed in SCOPUS
53. Soomro, A., Samo, S.R., Hussain, A. (2012) Fluidization in Cold Flow Circulating Fluidized Bed System, Energy, Environment and Sustainable System, SpringerLink, 161-173, DOI:10.1007/978-3-7091-0109-417
54. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, A.N. (2005) Flow modelling to investigate the effect of riser exit geometries on the riser hydrodynamics of a CFB. Journal of Mechanical Engineering. 34: 1-10.
55. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Darus, A. N. and Ahmad, Z. (2006). Thermogravimetric and thermochemical studies of Malaysian oil palm shell waste. Jurnal Teknologi A., 45 (A), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
56. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Darus, A.N., Adnan, M. F. and Mustafa, A. (2006). Hydrodynamic and fluidization behaviour in a circulating fluidized bed. International Journal of Mechanical and Materials Engineering 1(1):18-23.
57. Ahmad Hussain, Dheya AlOthmany ( 2013) Design of Thermal Loop of a Compact Reactor, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology Research Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 1-10: Published by European Centre for Research Training and Development, UK (www.ea-journals.org)
58. Ahmad Hussain, Dheya Al-Othmany (2013) Assessment of Aging of Zr-2.5Nb Pressure Tubes for Use in Heavy Water Reactor, Journal of Natural Sciences Research, Vol. 3, No. 2: 98-103
59. Ahmad Hussain, Dheya Al-Othmany (2013) Treatment and Conditioning of Spent Ion Exchange Resin from Nuclear Power Plant, Journal of Advances in Physics Theories and Applications, Vol. 15: 79-89
60. Hussain, A. (2012) CFD Modeling of Grate Furnace Designs for Municipal Solid Waste Combustion, Journal of Asian Transaction on Engineering, 2(3):41-50
61. Ahmad Hussain, Hani Hussain Sait (2012) CFD Modeling of the Dry Spent Fuel Storage of a Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor Mathematical Theory and Modeling, Vol.2, No.10: 11-20
62. M. Bassyouni, F. H. Akhtar, Hussain A. and A. Umer (2012) Biodiesel Production and Investigations on the Performance of Diesel Engine Using Jatropha Oil, Journal of Asian Transaction on Engineering, 2(3):77 – 88
63. Hussain, A., Akhtar, N. A (2011) Supervision and Evaluation Of Research Projects Of Graduate Students – Realities And Requirements, Journal of Quality and Technology Management, Vol. VIII, Issue 2: 123-137
64. Hussain, A., Nergis, Y. (2009) Quality Characterization and Magnitude of Pollution Implication in Textile Mills Effluents, Journal of Quality and Technology Management Vol. V(II): 27- 40
65. Sajjad Mubin, Ammad Hassan Khan and Ahmad Hussain (2008) Performance Optimization of Industrial Municipal Solid Waste Combustors – A Need of the Day to Convert Waste to Wealth, Journal of Pakistan Association for the Advancement of Science, 60 (12),1-10.
66. Hussain, A.,Velautham, S. (2008) Quality Assurance Criteria for Managers in Malaysian Energy Sector, Journal of Quality and Technology Management Vol. IV (II) 57-70
67. Hussain, A., Ani, F. N. (2007) Biomass Utilization for Green Environment: Co-combustion of Diesel Fuel and Producer Gas in Thermal Applications, Pakistan Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research,Vol. 50 (6):370-376 Indexed in SCOPUS
68. Nik, W.S., Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Darus, F.N., Ali, Noraaini, A. and Eric, T.H.B. (2006) CFD modelling of industrial furnace designs for minimising emissions. Journal of Solid State Science and Technology Letters. 13(2): 204-205.
69. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Darus, A.N., Mokhtar, H., Azam, S., Sulaiman, N., Mustafa, A. and Ahmed, J. (2005) Thermogravimetric and Thermochemical studies of oil palm shell waste. Journal of the Pakistan Institute of Chemical Engineers. Vol. XXXIII: 1-7.
70. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Darus, A.N., Mokhtar, H., Azam, S., Sarpin, Z. and Ahmed, J. (2005) Combustion studies of Malaysian oil palm shell waste in a circulating fluidised bed combustor – Influence of primary air and CFBC temperature on emissions. Journal of the Pakistan Institute of Chemical Engineers. Vol. XXXIII: 27-39.
71. Hussain, A. and Ani, F.N. (2004) CFD flow modelling of riser exit geometries of a circulating fluidized bed. Mehran University Journal of Science & Technology. 24(3), pp 181-190.
72. Hussain, A., Ani, F. N., Darus, A.N., Mustafa, A., Akhtar, N.A. and Ahmed, J. (2004) Hydrodynamic Modeling of gas solid flow in the riser of a circulating fluidised bed using CFD. Journal of the Pakistan Institute of Chemical Engineers. Vol. XXXII: 75-82.
73. Hussain, A., and Ani, F.N. (2004). The effect of riser exit geometer on the hydrodynamics of a circulating fluidized bed. Mehran University Journal of Science & Technology. 24(2):141-148.
74. Hussain, A., Ani, F. N., Akhtar, N.A., Darus, A.N., Adnan, M.F., Mustafa, A., and Ahmed, J. (2004) Combustion Modeling of Municipal Waste Combustor in Malaysia. Journal of the Pakistan Institute of Chemical Engineers. Vol. XXXII: 1-11.
International and National Conference Proceedings
75. Bilal Soomro, Ahmad Hussain (2016) Modelling and Simulation of diffuser augmented wind turbine, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development November 01-03. 2016, Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro, Pakistan.
76. Azam Usto, Ahmad Hussain (2016) Production of Biofuel by Hydrothermal Liquefaction of Date PalmSeeds, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development November 01-03. 2016, Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro, Pakistan
77. Abdullah Alshehri, Ahmad Hussain (2016) Need of Energy Conversion Measures in Saudi Arabia and Methodology for Certification of Energy Personnel, Proceedings of the 6th International Mechanical Engineering Congress (SIMEC-2016)-15-16 July,2016, Karachi, Pakistan.
78. M. Ihsan Ul Haq, S.M. Khubaib, Umair Khalique, Ahmad Hussain (2016) Review of clean coal technologies for mitigation of carbon footprint,” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Environmental Horizons, Karachi, 2016.
79. Umair Khalique, M. Ihsan Ul Haq, S.M. Khubaib, Ahmad Hussain (2016) Customized maintenance strategy to reduce the greenhouse gases emissions in domestic generators,” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Environmental Horizons, Karachi, 2016.
80. S.M. Khubaib, M. Ihsan Ul Haq, Umair Khalique, Ahmad Hussain (2016) Economic and payback period evaluation of replacement of conventional lighting system with LEDs paired with solar energy,” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Environmental Horizons, Karachi, 2016.
81. Mumtaz Ahmad, M. Ihsan ul Haq, Naveed Hussain, M. Tayyab Muneeb, Ahmad Hussain, Azeemuddin (2015) CFD analysis of a low head micro hydro kinetic turbine for northern areas of Pakistan, MDSRC – 2015 proceedings, 14-15 November, 2015 Wah/Pakistan
82. Ahmad Hussain, Majid Almotairi (2012) Effect of changing fuels on the combustion performance of an industrial boiler. Proceedings of the Winter Enrichment Program- Poster Competition, King Abdullah University, Thuwal, KSA, 21-28 January, Saudi Arabia.
83. Hani H. Sait, Ahmad Hussain (2012) Effects of Feeding Tubes Arrangement, Falling Film Behavior and Backsplash on Ice Formation around Horizontal Tubes Bundles, Proceedings of the International Conference on Nuclear & Renewable Energy Resources (NuRER) 2012, 20-23 May, Istanbul, Turkey.
84. Ahmad Hussain, Hani Sait, Afzal Haque, Sadiq Hussain (2012) Combustion Performance of Low Grade Duki Coal from Baluchistan, Proceedings of the UK-Pakistan Coal Conference, University of Leeds, 2-4 July, United Kingdom.
85. Abdullah, A.S., Hussain, A., Hani, H. S. (2012) THE EXISTENCE OF ENERGY MANAGERS IN AN INDUSTRY – A Need of the Time in the Energy Starved Environment- Proceedings of the HEFAT 2012, 16-18 July, Malta.
86. Sait, H. H, Hussain, A. (2011) Estimation Of Flow Accelerated Corrosion (FAC) in Feeder Pipes Using CFD Software FLUENT and its Low Temperature Experimental Determination, Proceedings of the Universiti Malaysia Terengganu 10th International Annual Symposium (UMTAS 2011), 11-13 July 2011., Malaysia.
87. Hussain, A., Ahmad, S. (2010) CFD Modeling of Dry Spent Fuel Storage of a Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor, Proceedings of the 7th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology, Organized by National Centre for Physics, Quaid-e-Azam University and CESAT, Islamabad., 11-14 January
88. Hussain, A. (2010) Next Generations of Nuclear Power Plants – Realities & Requirements, Proceedings of the Institution of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEEP) Symposium, Organized by IEEEP, Karachi Centre, 17-18 March.
89. Hussain, A. (2010) Role of Energy Mangers in Our industry and Energy Conservation Studies for a Typical Power Plant, Proceedings of the Third National Conference on Energy Resources of Pakistan, Organized by Quaid-e-Awam University, Nawabshah, 18-20 March
90. Hussain, A., Nik, W.S., Ani, F.N., Darus, F.N., Ali, Noraaini, A. and Eric, T.H.B. (2006) CFD modelling of industrial furnace designs for minimising emissions. Proceedings of the International Conference on Solid State Science and Technology (ICSSST), 4-6 September, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia.
91. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N, Darus, A.N., Mokhtar, H., Azam, S., Sulaiman, N. and Mustafa, A. (2006). An investigation into the thermochemical behaviour of the Malaysian oil palm shell wastes & coal blends and its combustion studies in a circulating fluidized bed. Proceedings of the International Conference on Agricultural Wastes, 21-22 March, Faculty of Environment Studies, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Malaysia.
92. Hussain, A. and Ani, F.N. (2006) Co-Combustion of Diesel Fuel Oil and Producer Gas from Biomass Gasification for Thermal Applications. Proceedings of the Pakistan Oil Gas and Energy Exhibition 2006 (POGEE 2006), 18-19 May, Karachi, Pakistan.
93. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, A.N. (2006) Pyrolysis Characteristics and Kinetics of Palm Shell Waste Mixtures with Mukah Balingian Coal. Proceedings of the International Conference on Energy and Environment (ICEE 2006), 28-30 August, Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Kajang, Malaysia.
94. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, F.N. (2006) Pyrolysis behaviour and kinetics of palm shell waste mixtures with low grade coal and its combustion studies in a circulating fluidised bed. Proceedings of the Seminar on Energy from Biomass 2006, Organised by Forest Research Institute of Malaysia (FRIM), 25-26 July, Kepong, Kuala Lumpur.
95. Hussain, A., Sani, W.N., Ani, F.N. and Wahid, M.K. (2006) An Investigation into the Thermogravimetric Analysis and Kinetic Parameters of the Sarawak Coal and its Blends with Oil Palm Shell Waste. Proceeding of the KUSTEM 5th Annual Seminar on Sustainability Science and Management, 2-3 May, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia.
96. Ani, F.N., Hussain, A., Yi, L.X. and Mohamed, A.F. (2006) Combustion of diesel fuel and producer gas in thermal applications. Proceedings of the National Conference & Expo 2006 – Waste to Wealth, 10-11 July, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
97. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Darus, A.N., Puad, M. and Katiravale, S. (2006) Thermogravimetric and Kinetic Studies of Sarawak Coals and its Blends with Oil Palm Shell Waste. Proceedings of the National Conference & Expo 2006 – Waste to Wealth, 10-11 July, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
98. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, A.N. (2006) Thermal Behaviour of Coal/Biomass Blends during Co-Pyrolysis. Proceedings of the 1st Regional Post Graduate Conference on Engineering and Science 2006 (RPCES 2006), 26-27 July, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor Bharu, Malaysia.
99. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, A.N. (2006) Investigation on Co-Combustion Characteristics of Palm Shell Waste and Coal in Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustor. Proceedings of the 1st Regional Post Graduate Conference on Engineering and Science 2006 (RPCES 2006), 26-27 July, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor Bharu, Malaysia.
100. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Mustafa, A., Mamat, Z.A., Zardi, Z. and Aziz, A. (2005) Combustion studies of blended fuel oil as an alternative fuel for industrial gas turbines (AFTUR) and controlling NOx and soot emissions. Proceedings of the3rd Pakistan’s Oil, Gas and Energy Exhibition (POGEE), 19-20 May, Karachi, Pakistan.
101. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Darus, A.N., Mustafa A. and Salema AA. (2005) Simulation studies of gas-solid in the riser of a circulating fluidized bed. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Fluidised Bed Combustion, 22-25 May, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
102. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, A.N. (2005) Fluidization characteristics of a circulating fluidized bed. Proceedings of the National Mechanical Engineering Conference (NAME ‘05), 18-20 May, University Teknologi Mara, Malaysia, 391-400
103. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, A.N. (2005) Hydrodynamics of a circulating fluidized bed. Proceedings of the International conference in recent advances in Mechanical and Materials Engineering (ICRAMME 2005), 30-31 May, University of Malaya, Malaysia.
104. Hussain A., Ani, F.N, Darus, A.N., Mokhtar, H., Azam, S., Sarpin, Z. and Mustafa, A. (2005) Experimental and numerical studies of fluidization in a circulating fluidized bed. Proceedings of the International Energy Conference, 5-7 August, Jakarta, Indonesia.
105. Hussain A., Ani, F.N, Darus, A.N., Mokhtar, H., Azam, S., Sarpin, Z. and Mustafa, A. (2005) Combustion studies of the palm shell waste powder in a circulating fluidized bed combustor (CFBC) – influence of primary air and CFBC temperature on emissions. Proceedings of the International Energy Conference, 5-7 August, Jakarta, Indonesia.
106. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Darus, A. N. and Mustafa, A. (2005). Experimental and computational studies of the hydrodynamics of the riser of a CFB, Proceedings of the Brunei International Conference on Engineering and Technology (BICET 2005), 15-18 August, Brunei Darussalam.
107. Azam, S., Hussain, A., Ani, F.N, Darus, A.N., Mokhtar, H., Sulaiman, N. and Mustafa, A. (2005) Utilization of oil palm shell waste in a circulating fluidized bed combustor (CFBC). Proceedings of the International Advanced Technology Congress, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 6-8 December, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
108. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, A.N. (2004) Flow modelling to investigate the effect of riser exit geometries on the riser hydrodynamics of a circulating fluidized bed. Proceedings of the International Conference on Scientific and Engineering Computation, June 30 – July 02 Singapore.
109. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, A.N. (2004). Turbulence modelling of a circulating fluidized bed. Proceedings of the 17th International symposium on Analytical Science: Trends, Challenges and Opportunities, 24-26 August, 2004, Kuantan, Malaysia.
110. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, A.N. (2004) Simulation of Gas-Solid Flow Behaviour in the Riser Section of a circulating Fluidized Bed using Computational Fluid Dynamics Software. Proceedings of the JGSEE and Kyoto University Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environment (SEE), 1-3 December, Thailand.
111. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N. and Darus, A.N. (2004) A computational study of the hydrodynamics of a circulating fluidized bed using CFD software FLUENT. Proceedings of the 7th Asia-Pacific International Symposium on Combustion and Energy Utilization (7th APISCEU), 15-17 December, Hong Kong.
112. Hussain, A. and Ani, F.N. (2004) A computational study of gas-solid flow in the riser of a circulating fluidized bed. Proceedings of the KUSTEM 3rd annual seminar: Role of Environment Sciences and Technology in Sustainable Development of Resources, 4-5 May, Terengganu, Malaysia.
113. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Adnan, M.F., Surjosatyo, A., Mustafa, A. and Nik, W.B. (2004) CFD modelling of an industrial municipal solid waste combustor. Proceedings of the Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers (SOMChE 2004), December 13-14, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
114. Hussain, A., Ani, F.N., Darus, A N., Mustafa, A. and Nik, W.B. (2004) Numerical study on the influence of various physical parameters over the gas solid two phase flow in the 3D riser of a circulating fluidized bed. Proceedings of the Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers (SOMChE 2004), December 13-14, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
115. Nik, W.B., Ani, F. N., Masjuki, H H., Hussain, A. and Bulat, K. H. (2004) Thermal stability of crop oil as energy transport media in hydraulic system. Proceedings of the Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers (SOMChE 2004), December 13-14, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
Prof. Dr Bashir Ahmad
Professor & Dean Management and Social Sciences
• HEC Approved Supervisor
• PhD (Management Sciences), UoK
• MBA (Marketing)
• MA (Economics)
• Languages: English, Arabic and Persian.
• Editor: Two Research Journals.
• Research Areas: Management, Marketing, Economics, HRM, Philosophy
• Member of Centre for Business and Economic Research (CBER), 79th College Road, Harrow, HA1 1BD, London, United Kingdom
• Member National Curriculum Review Committee, HEC, Pakistan
• Has been Head of a Business School, Principal of a Technology Institute, HoD Humanities and Social Science Department, Head of Management Sciences Department, Associate Dean of Management Sciences and Head of Campus of a University.
• Books Authored: 5 (Management: Evolution and Application in Our Environments, Organisational Performance Excellence and Quality Management: Dilemma of the Third World, Managing Constraints: Psycho Social Complexities of Pakistan, Management Evolution and Application in Underdeveloped and Developing Societies, 2nd edition and Belt and Road Initiative in Global Context (One Chapter)
• Research and Conference Papers: 89 (in all concerned areas of interest)
Engr. Prof. Dr. Johar Khurshid Farooqi
Professor (Mechanical Engineering) & Director QEC
• HEC Approved Supervisor
• Post-Doc (Materials Modelling) University of Manchester,UK, 2008
• PhD (Mechanical Engineering) University of Manchester,UK, 2007
• MS (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Dhahran,Saudi Arabia,1996
• Bari, Khan, Lowe, Farooqi – Measurement of Thermal Diffusivity for Alumina Borosilicate Glass Bearing TRISO Fuel Particles_Experiment and Modelling Correlation – Journal of Materials Science – v48 n14 pp4866 2013
• Ali, Buckthorpe, Cheyene, Farooqi, Mummery – Comparative Study of Predictive Finite Element Methods for Mechanical Properties in 2D Woven Carbon/Carbon Composites, Advanced Materials Science – v59 pp116 2009
• Farooqi, Sheikh – Finite Element Modelling of Thermal Transport in Ceramic Matrix Composite – Computational Materials Science – v37 n3 pp361 2006
• Ali, Farooqi, Buckthorpe, Cheyene, Mummery – Comparative Study of Predictive FE Methods for Mechanical Properties of Nuclear Composites – Journal of Nuclear Materials – n3 v383 pp247 2009
• Khan, Al-Sulaiman, Farooqi, Younas – Fatigue Life Predictions in Woven Carbon Fabric/Polyester Composites based on Modulus Degradation – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – n5 v20 pp377 2001
• Khan, Al-Sulaiman, Farooqi – Fatigue Damage Characterization in Plain-Weave Carbon-Carbon Fabric Reinforced Plastic Composites – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – n15 v17 pp1320 1998
• Mokheimer, Antar, Farooqi, Zubair – Analytical and Numerical Solution along with PC Spread-sheet Modeling for a Composite Fin – Heat and Mass Transfer – n4 v32 pp229 1997
Assistant Professor & HOD (Electrical Engineering)
• HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
• PhD (Systems Engineering) King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• MS (Systems Engineering) King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• BE (Industrial Electronics Engineering) IIEE-NEDUET, Karachi, Pakistan
• Industrial Applications of Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence (e.g., Soft Sensors, APC, NDT)
• Industrial Internet of Things (Industry 4.0)
• Cyber Physical Systems
• Green Desalination.
• Electric Vehicles
• Networked Sensing and Control
Previous Research Projects:
• New Control Methodologies for Systems of Systems Engineering, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Energy Efficiency in WSN-based pipeline leak detection, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Inferential Sensing Methods for Emission Monitoring from Industrial Boilers, Funded by NSTIP.
• Decentralized Networked Control Systems, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Design and Manufacturing of Solar Power Systems and Devices for Challenging Environments, Funded by KFUPM & MIT Collaboration.
• Estimation of Iron Quality of Direct Reduced Iron, Funded by KFUPM & SABIC Collaboration.
• Control Loop Performance Monitoring, Funded by KFUPM & Yokogawa Collaboration.
• Detection of Coating Disbondment using Inline Inspection of Oil & Gas Pipeline, ROSEN Group Germany.
• Acoustic Resonance Techniques for Inline Inspection of Oil & Gas Pipelines, ROSEN Group Germany.
Current Research Projects:
• Design and Development of Secure IoTAdapter based on RISC V technology to support Industry 4.0 transition in Pakistan.
• Design and Development of Electronic Propulsion System for Electric Vehicles.
• IoT based Smart Water Metering Solution Residential Units to address the issues of shared water.
• Design and Development of Artificial Hand from electromyography data for handicapped people.
Engr. Dr. Rizwan-ul-Hasan
Assistant Professor & Acting HOD (Computer Science)
• PhD in Computer Engineering; other higher education from South Eastern Oklahoma State University, United States. More than 20 years of university level teaching experience and more than 12 years of experience in the Computer Systems industry.
CEng. (Engineering Council UK), PE (PEC) and MIET (IET)
• Wireless Communication
• Regression Analysis
• PhD, Computer Engineering, Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi. Topic: Novel Algorithm for PAPR Reduction in Multi-Code CDMA
• M.S (by thesis), Computer Engineering, Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi. Topic: Computer Networking
• B.S Electronics (Minor: Computer Science), South Eastern Oklahoma State University, United States.
• BSc (Industrial Technology), MUET
1) S. Rizwan Hasan and Najeeb Siddiqui, “Algorithm for reducing PAPR of Multi-code CDMA using Reed Muller codes,” IET Electronics Letters, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 926-928, May 2016, http://digitallibrary.theiet.org/content/journals/10.1049/el.2016.0553 (HEC approved with Impact factor)
2) S.Rizwan ul Hasan, Najeeb Siddiqui, and Shakeel Ahmed, “Impact of reformed RM Encoded data on PAPR of Multicode CDMA under MSK”, SSURJ of Engineering and Technology, vol. 6, issue 1, pp. 23-26, 2016 (HEC approved Y-Category).
3) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, Shakil Ahmed, Ammar Abbas Power Optimization using efficient Codes, SURJ, ISSN 1813-1743, Vol. 43 Issue 1A, pp 51-56, June 2011 (HEC approved, Abstracted by Thompson Scientific).
4) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, Shakil Ahmed, “Performance Evaluation of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) in terms Power measurement and reduction”, SSU Res. J. of Engg. &tech, Vol. 1 Issue 1, pp 5-8, 2011.
5) Syed Rizwan ul Hasan, Shakil Ahmed and Ammar Abbas, “Effect of using different Codes for Power reduction” Proc. ICCET 2011, Khairpur, April 22- 23rd 2011 pp.197-202.
6) S.R. Hasan, S.Ahmed. and M. Imam, “PAPR as measure for OFDM with non-linearity” Proc. 7th. CIIT Workshop on Research – Computing, Lahore, June 23rd 2008. pp.114-117.
7) S.R.Hasan, “Effect of using RM code to control PAPR in MC-CDMA and OFDM”, Proc. of the 14th. IEEE International Multi-Topic conference, 2011, Dec. 22-24,2011, pp. 329-333, SSUET, Karachi Pakistan.
8) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, “Using Reed Muller Codes to optimize Peak to Average Power Ratio (PAPR) in Multi-Code Code Division Multiple Access (MC- CDMA)”, ICComE, Dec. 22nd. – 24th. 2010, pp. 11-16, University of Sistan & Baluchistan, Iran.
9) Ammar Abbas, Tauseef Mubeen and S. Rizwan-ul-Hasan, “Capacity analysis for voice and queue management differences in IEEE 802.11 and 802.11e WLAN standards”, in 2008 second International Conference on Electrical Engineering, March 25-26, Lahore Pakistan
10) Hafiz Muhammad Maaz Khan, S. Rizwanul Hasan, Ammar Ahmed, Ashar Khan, and Hafiz Muhammad Fahad,“AI Surveillance UGV”, Proceeding of ICISCT 2020 (IEEE Xplore ), February 8-9, University of Karachi, Pakistan. DOI: 10.1109/ICISCT49550.2020.9080025
• Project : AI surveillance unmanned ground vehicle (Approved from Ignite (2019), Ministry of IT
• Research Project “Using codes to optimize PAPR in Multi-code CDMA”, submitted to CED, SSUET August 5th. 2009.
• HEC-TDF “A prototype communication system to provide optimized (PAPR) for the 4G MC-CDMA, 2018 (did not submit due to unavailability of high configuration FPGA kit
Supervised MS completed students (five)
• Traffic Management in GPRS/GSM networks.
• Maximizing throughput by Power Control in CDMA system.
• QoS in Mobile and Ad Hoc Networks
• QoS support in GPRS core network using MPLS/DiffServ
• Policy based architecture of QoS in differentiated services
M.E. Structural Engineering, Mehran University of Eng. & Tech. (MUET), Jamshoro, Pakistan
B.E. Civil Engineering, Mehran University of Eng. & Tech. (MUET), Jamshoro, Pakistan
List of Reseach Publications of Dr. Abdullah Saand:
International / HEC Recognized (Impact Factor / W Category Journal Papers):
Keerio, M.A., Saand, A., Chaudhry, R., Bheel N, Bhatti N. K. & Sohu S., (2022), ‘The Effect of Local Metakaolin Developed from Natural Material Soorh on Selected Properties of Concrete/Mortar’, Silicon, Vol. 14, pp. 1807–1816. (IF = 2.941) https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-021-00993-w
Mukhtiar Ali Soomro, Dildar Ali Mangnejo, Abdullah Saand & Naeem Mangi, (2022), ‘3D numerical analysis of a masonry façade subjected to excavation- induced ground deformation’, International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 7, pp. 865-877, (IF = 1.740)https://doi.org/10.1080/19386362.2021.1937853
Mukhtiar Ali Soomro, Dildar Ali Mangnejo, Abdullah Saand & Yi Hong (2022), ‘Responses of a masonry façade to multi-propped deep excavation-induced ground deformations: 3D numerical parametric study’, European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering, Vol. 26, No.12, pp. 5983-6011. (IF = 2.516)https://doi.org/10.1080/19648189.2021.1926336
Mukhtiar Ali Soomro, Saleem Raza Samo, Abdullah Saand, Naeem Mangi & Dildar Ali Mangnejo (2022), ‘Numerical Parametric Study of Settlement and Load Transfer Mechanism of Pile Group Due to Twin Stacked Tunnelling with Different Construction Sequences’, European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 1064-1096, (IF = 2.516) https://doi.org/10.1080/19648189.2019.1695678
Zaffar, Suhail, Aneel Kumar, Naeem Aziz Memon, Rabinder Kumar & Abdullah Saand (2022), ‘Investigating Optimum Conditions for Developing Pozzolanic Ashes from Organic Wastes as Cement Replacing Materials’, Materials Vol. 15, No. 6, 2320, (IF = 3.748). https://doi.org/10.3390/ma15062320
Manthar Ali Keerio, Abdullah Saand, Aneel Kumar, Naraindas Bheel & Karam Ali, (2021), ‘Effect of local metakaolin developed from natural material Soorh and coal bottom ash on fresh, hardened properties and embodied carbon of self-compacting concrete’ Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Vol. 28, pp. 60000–60018. (IF = 4.223)https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-021-14960-w
Abdullah Saand, Karam Ali, Aneel Kumar, Naraindas Bheel & Manthar Ali Keerio, (2021) ‘Effect of metakaolin developed from natural material Soorh on fresh and hardened properties of self-compacting concrete’ Innovative Infrastructure Solutions, Vol. No. 6, Article number: 166 (IF = 1.965)https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-021-00534-9
Tariq Ali, Abdullah Saand, Daddan khan Bangwar, Abdul Salam Buller & Zaheer Ahmad (2021), ‘Mechanical and Durability Properties of Aerated Concrete Incorporating Rice Husk Ash (RHA) as Partial Replacement of Cement’, Crystals, Vol. 11, No. 6. pp. 1-13. (IF= 2.670)https://doi.org/10.3390/cryst11060604
Mukhtiar Ali Soomro, Abdullah Saand, Naeem Mangi, Dildar Ali Mangnejo, Hemu Karira & Kai Liu (2021), ‘Numerical modelling of effects of different multipropped excavation depths on adjacent single piles: comparison between floating and end-bearing pile responses’, European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering, Vol. 25, No. 14, pp. 2592-2622, (IF = 2.516), https://doi.org/10.1080/19648189.2019.1638312
Mukhtiar Ali Soomro, Dildar Ali Mangnejo, Abdullah Saand, Naeem Mangi & Muhammad Auchar Zardari (2021), ‘Influence of stress relief due to deep excavation on a brick masonry wall: 3D numerical predictions’, European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering, (IF = 2.516)https://doi.org/10.1080/19648189.2021.2004450
Saand, A., Zardari, M., Keerio, M., Shaikh, S., Bangwar, D. (2020). ‘Suitability of brick kiln waste as a stabilizer for clayey soils’, Scientia Iranica, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 2258-2263. (IF= 1.435) https://doi.org/10.24200/sci.2018.50198.1569
K. BANGWAR, Abdullah SAAND, M.A. KEERIO, M.A.ZARDARI, (2020), ‘A new approach to improve durability of rice husk ash blended concrete with re-dispersible polymer powder’, Scientia Iranica, Transactions: Civil Engineering (A), Vol. 27, No. 4. (IF = 1.435)https://dx.doi.org/10.24200/sci.2018.21079
K. BANGWAR, Abdullah SAAND, M.A. BHUTTO, M.A.ZARDARI, M.A. KEERIO (2019),‘Reducing the Effect of Carbonation and Corrosion in Rice Husk Ash Concrete by incorporating Polymer’, The journal Tehnički vjesnik/Technical Gazette, Vol. 26, No. 3 (IF = 0.686)https://doi.org/10.17559/TV-20170906095149
SAAND, M.A. Keerio, D.K. Bangwar and M.K. Samo (2016), ‘Development of Metakaolin as a Pozzolanic Material from Local Natural Material, Soorh’, Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering, Vol. 41, No.12, pp. 4937-4944. (IF = 0.865)
A. Lakho, M. A. Zardari, M. Memon and A. SAAND (2015), ‘Design and fabrication of mechanized system for casting and compacting laboratory-size clay beams’, Scientia Iranica, Transaction A: Civil Engineering, Elsevier, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 2046-2051. ISSN: 1026-3098 (IF = 1.025)
International / HEC Recognized Journal Papers (X/Y Category):
Imran Ali Channa & Abdullah Saand (2021), ‘Mechanical Behavior of Concrete Reinforced with Waste Aluminium Strips’, Civil Engineering Journal, Vol. 7, No. 07, pp. 1169-1182. http://dx.doi.org/10.28991/cej-2021-03091718 X – Category
Saand, Karam A. Jamali, M. A. Keerio, T. Ali, and N. Bhatti, (2019) “Effect of Metakaolin Developed from Local Soorh on Fresh Properties and Compressive Strength of Self-Compacted Concrete”, Engineering Technology & Applied Science Research (ETASR), Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 4901–490 http://doi.org/10.48084/etasr.3152 Y – Category
Saand, T. Ali, M. A. Keerio, and D.K. Bangwar, (2019) “Experimental study on the use of Rice Husk Ash as partial Cement replacement in Aerated Concrete”, Engineering Technology & Applied Science Research (ETASR), Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 4534-4537. Y – Category
K. Bhatti, S.R. Samo, A. Saand, M.A. Keerio and A. Ali (2018), ‘Ground water quality assessment of Daur, Taluka Shaheed Benazir Abad’, Engineering Technology & Applied Science Research (ETASR), Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 2785-2789. Y- Category
SAAND, M.A. Keerio and D.K. Bangwar (2017), ‘Effect of Metakaolin from Local Natural Material Soorh on Workability, Compressive Strength, Ultra pulse velocity and Drying shrinkage of Concrete’, Journal of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering (ACEE), Poland, Vol. 10, No.2, pp. 115-122. ISSN: 1899-0142 (ESC Index Thomson Reuters, Index Copernicus) https://doi.org/10.21307/acee-2017-025 Y – Category
SAAND, M.A. Keerio, R. Juj, S. Khoso and D.K. Bangwar (2017), ‘Utilization of Waste Glass a Partial Replacement of Fine Aggregate in Concrete’, Engineering, Science and Technology International Journal (ESTIRJ), Vol. 1, No.1, pp. 28-31. ISSN: (e) 2520-7393 (p) 2521-5027 (Index-ROAD, Library of Congress (USA))
SAAND, M.A. Keerio, and D.K. Bangwar (2017), ‘Effect of Soorh Metakaolin on Concrete Compressive Strength and Durability’, Engineering, Technology and Applied Science Research (ETASR), Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 2210-2214. ISSN: 2241-4487 (ESC Index Thomson Reuters, Index Copernicus)https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1118300 Y- Category
K. Bangwar, A. SAAND, M.A. Keerio, M.A. Soomro and N.K. Bhatti (2017), ‘Development of an Amorphous silica from Rice Husk Waste’, Engineering, Technology and Applied Science Research (ETASR), Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 2184-2188. ISSN: 2241-4487 (ESC Index Thomson Reuters, Index Copernicus) Y- Category
K. Bangwar, A. SAAND and M.A. Keerio (2017), ‘Effect of Methylcellulose Admixture on Durability Properties of Rice Husk Ash Polymer Modified Concrete: a new approach’, Engineering, Science and Technology International Journal (ESTIRJ), Vol. 1, No.1, pp. 38-42. ISSN: (e) 2520-7393 (p) 2521-5027 (Index-ROAD, Library of Congress (USA))
K. Bangwar, A. SAAND and M.A. Keerio (2017), ‘Rice Husk Ash as a Potential Supplementary Cementing Material’, Engineering, Science and Technology International Journal (ESTIRJ), Vol. 1, No.1, pp. 72-76. ISSN: (e) 2520-7393 (p) 2521-5027 (Index-ROAD, Library of Congress (USA))
A. Akhund, A. SAAND, U. Memon and S.J. Oad (2017), ‘Utilization of Soft drink Tins as Fiber Reinforcement in Concrete’, Engineering Science and Technology International Journal (ESTIRJ), Vol.1, No.2, June, pp. 47-52. ISSN: (e) 2520-7393 (p) 2521-5027 (Index-ROAD, Library of Congress (USA))
K. Bangwar, A. SAAND, M.A. Keerio, M.A. Soomro and A.N. Leghari (2017), ‘Replacement of Coarse Aggregate with Locally Available Brick Aggregate’, Engineering, Technology and Applied Science Research (ETASR), Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 2266-2267. ISSN: 2241-4487 (ESC Index Thomson Reuters, Index Copernicus) Y- Category
R. Samo, N.K. Bhatti, M.A.A. Beg, A. SAAND and M.A. Kerio (2017), ‘TemporalAnalysis of Temperature and Precipitation Trends in Shaheed Benazir Abad, Sindh, Pakistan’, Engineering, Technology and Applied Science Research (ETASR), Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 2171-2176. ISSN: 2241-4487 (ESC Index Thomson Reuters, Index Copernicus) Y- Category
SAAND, M. S. Afridi, M. A. Kerio and D. K. Bangwar (2016), ‘Mechanical Properties of Concrete Reinforced with Steel Fibers extracted from Waste Tyres’, Science International (Lahore), Vol.28, No.4, pp. 3877-3880. (Thomson Reuters – ISI Index)
SAAND, D. K. Bangwar and M. A. Kerio, M. K. Samo (2016), ‘Effect of Methyl cellulose on Mechanical Properties of Rice Husk Ash Polymer Modified Rice Husk Ash Concrete’, Science International (Lahore), Vol. 28, No.4, pp. 3873-3876. (Thomson Reuters – ISI Index)
SAAND, M. A. Kerio, S.H. Jakhrani and D. K. Bangwar (2016), ‘Development of cement replacement material / pozzolana from waste paper sludge’, Science International (Lahore), Vol. 28, No. 6, pp. 5277-5283. (Thomson Reuters – ISI Index)
K. Bangwar, A. SAAND and M.A. Keerio (2016), ‘Flexural Behaviour of Rice Husk Ash Polymer-modified Reinforced Concrete Beams’, Science International (Lahore), Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 4671-4675. (Thomson Reuters – ISI Index)
SAAND, D. K. Bangwar and M. A. Kerio (2015), ‘Development of Polymer Modified Rice Husk Ash Concrete (PMRHAC)’, Journal of Advanced Materials Research, Tans Tech Publications, Switzerland, Vol.1129, pp. 500-507. ISSN: 16628985, 10226680. (Index – Scopus, Ei Conpendex, CSA, ISI)
E. Ismail, M. Ismail and A. SAAND (2008), ‘Tensile Strength Behaviour of Concrete Modified with Ready-Mixed Polymer Modified Mortar’, Al-Azhar University Engineering Journal, JAUES, December, Vol 3, No. 10, pp. 766-772. (Index Copernicus Egypt).
SAAND A., M. Ismail, and S.R. Sumadi (2007), ‘Influence of Prepackaged Polymer-Modified Mortar (PPMM) as a Modifier on Strength of Concrete’. Journal of Applied Sciences. Vol. 7, No. 24, pp. 4023-4027. ISSN: (e)1812-5662 (p)1812-5654 (Scopus Indexed, ISI Index, CAS) Y- Categoy.
National / HEC Recognized Journal Papers (X/Y Category):
Bala Muhammad and SAAND (2015), ‘Performance optimization of Elastomeric Latexes in cement concrete production’, Journal of Science, Technology and Development, Pakistan Council of Science and Technology, Pakistan, Vol. 34, No.4, pp. 232-241. ISSN: 0254-6418.
Pirzada G.B., SAAND and N.A. Durrani (2000), ‘Minimum Cost Design of Rectangular Reinforced Concrete Sections Using System Simulation’, Quaid-e-Awam University Research Journal of Engineering Science & Technology, Nawabshah, Vol.1, No.1, January-June.
SAAND A., B.A. Memon and S.D. Jokhio (2000), ‘Quality Evaluation of Red Clay Bricks Available in the Vicinity of Nawabshah Region’, Quaid-e-Awam University Research Journal of Engineering Science & Technology, Nawabshah, Vol.1, No.2, July-December.
Samo S.R., H.B. Mari and SAAND (2000), ‘Prediction of the Cooling Energy Requirement in Buildings Using the Degree Days Method’. Mehran University Research Journal of Eng.: & Tech, Vol.19, No.2, April.
M.H. Talpur and A. SAAND (2000), ‘Reliability of Locally Manufactured Steel Bars as Reinforcing Material for RC Construction’, Journal of Eng. and Applied Sciences, Vol. 19, No. 2, NWFP University of Eng. & Tech., Peshawar, July-December
M.H. Talpur, A. SAAND and A.G. Memon (2000), ‘Further Reliability of Scrap Steel Bars as Reinforcing Material for RC Construction’. Quaid-e-Awam University Research Journal of Engineering Science & Technology, Nawabshah, Vol.1, No.2, July-December.
Pirzada G.B. and SAAND (1999), ‘Determination of Stochastic Characteristics of Concrete’, Mehran University Research Journal of Eng.: & Tech: Vol.18, No. 1, January.
Buller G.S., G.H. Wagan and SAAND (1999), ‘Evaluation of Conveyance Losses of Selected Lined Watercourse using Current Meter’. Mehran University Research Journal of Eng.: & Tech, Vol. 18, No. 1, January.
Wagan G.H., SAAND and G.S. Buller (1999), ‘Relation of Consumptive Use of Water to Certain Quantitative and Qualitative Characteristics of Cotton Crops’. Mehran University Research journal of Eng.: & Tech, Vol. 18, No. 1, January.
Wagan G.H., G.S. Buller and SAAND (1999), ‘Determination of Percolation Intensity (Ip) Coefficient of Rohri Canal from RD 631 to RD 640’. Mehran University Research Journal of Eng.: & Tech, Vol. 18, No. 3, July.
Wagan G.H., SAAND and G.S. Buller (1998), ‘Non-Cohesive Bank responds of River Indus to Water Waves at Moen-Jo-Daro R.D.16/3-23/0’. Mehran University Research Journal of Eng.: & Tech, Vol. 17, No. 2, April.
SAAND A., G.H. Wagan, and G.S. Buller (1997), ‘Evaluation of Conveyance Losses in 1 L Batho Unlined Watercourse’. Mehran University Research Journal of Eng., & Tech, Vol. 17, No. 1, January.
Pirzada G.B., M.M.H. Talpur and SAAND (1996), ‘Statistical Evaluation of the Strength of Reinforcing Steel Bars available in Local Market’. Mehran University Research Journal of Eng.: & Tech, Vol. 15, No. 1, January.
List of International Peer-review Conference Publications:
Abdullah SAAND, M. Ismail & S. R. Sumadi (2012). Prepackaged Polymer-Modified Mortar as Modifier to concrete: A New approach to Produce Polymer-Modified Concreter. In Proc. 7thAsian symposium on Polymers in Concrete (ASPIC 2012). Istanbul Technical Univ., Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 501-508, ISBN 978-975-561-4274.
Abdullah SAAND, M. Ismail, S. R. Sumadi & M. U. K. Afridi, (2007). Load carrying Capacity of Pre-damaged RC Beams Repaired with Polymer-Modified Mortar. In Proc. 12thInternational Congress on Polymers in Concrete (12th ICPIC). Chuncheon, Korea, 27-28 September.
U.K. Afridi, SAAND Abdullah, M. Ismail, and S. R. Sumadi, (2007). Successful Usage of Pre-packaged Polymer-modified Cementitious Material in Efficiency Improvement and Rehabilitation of water Retaining Structures. In Proc. 12thInternational Congress on Polymers in Concrete (12th ICPIC). Chuncheon, Korea, 27-28 September.
Abdullah SAAND, M. Ismail, S. R. Sumadi and M. U. K. Afridi, (2006). Strength behaviour of Polymer-Modified Concrete using Prepackaged Polymer-Modified Mortar as an Additive. In Proc.Fifth Asian Symposium on Polymers in Concrete (5thASPIC’2006). SERC, Chennai, India, 11-12 September.
U. K. Afridi, A. G. Abbasi, G. B. Khaskhaili & Abdullah SAAND,(2006). Polymer-Modified Cement Systems Proved Successful in Resisting Earth Quake Jolts. In Proc. Fifth Asian Symposium on Polymers in Concrete (5thASPIC’2006). SERC, Chennai, India, 11-12 September.
Abdullah SAAND, M. Ismail, S. R. Sumadi & M. U. K. Afridi, (2006). Behaviour of Pre-damaged Reinforced Concrete Beams Repaired With Polymer-Modified Mortar. In Proc10thEast Asia-Pacific Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction (EASEC-10). Bangkok, Thailand, 3-5 August.
Abdullah SAAND, M. Ismail, and S. R. Sumadi, (2006). Tensile Strength behaviour of Polymer-Modified Concrete made with PPMM as an Additive. In Proc. 2ndACF International Conference, Bali, Indonesia, 20-21 November.
Engr. Dr. Syed Fazal Abbas Baqueri
Assistant Professor & Hod (Civil)
• PhD (Transportation Sciences), Hasselt University, Belgium in 2018
• MS (Transportation Sciences), Hasselt University, Belgium in 2015
• BE (Civil Engineering), NED University, Karachi in 2011
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D., (2019). Activity-based model for medium-sized cities considering external activity-travel: Enhancing FEATHERS framework. Future Generation Computer Systems. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2019.01.055 Impact Factor: 4.64
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D., (2019). A Comprehensive Modeling Framework to Integrate External Trips in a Travel Demand Model. Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CP.1943-5487.0000817 Impact Factor: 2.30
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M. and Bellemans, T., (2018). Modeling External Trips: Review of Past Studies and Directions for Way Forward. Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems, 144(9). Available at: http://ascelibrary.org/doi/10.1061/JTEPBS.0000179. Impact Factor: 0.90
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Knapen, L., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D. (2018) ‘Modelling Distribution of External–Internal Trips and Its Intra-region and Inter-region Transferability’, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, accepted, doi: 10.1007/s13369-018-3482-x. Impact Factor: 1.09
Hussain I.; Khan M.A.; Baqueri S.F.A., Shah, S.A.R., Bashir, M.K., Khan, M.M., Khan, I.A., (2017). An Organizational-Based Model and Agent-Based Simulation for Co-Traveling at an Aggregate Level. Applied Sciences, 7(12), p.1221. Available at: http://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/7/12/1221. Impact Factor: 1.689
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., and Ali M. S., (2019) ‘Potential Of Integrated Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) System In Motorcycle Dominant Cities’, in 10th International Civil Engineering Conference Karachi, Pakistan
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Kochan, B. and Bellemans, T. (2018) ‘Modeling residents external activity-travel in an activity-based model using FEATHERS’, in hEART Conference, Athens, Greece
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Knapen, L. and Bellemans, T. (2017) ‘Modelling External-Internal Trips at Traffic Analysis Zones Using Open-Source Data’, in Young Researchers Seminar. Berlin, Germany
Baqueri, S.F.A., Lee W. D., Knapen L., Bellemans T., Janssens D., Wetz G., 2016. Estimating Incoming Cross-border Trips Through Land Use data Resources – A Case of Karachi City, The 7th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2016), Madrid, Spain
Baqueri, S.F.A., Ectors W., Ali M. S., Janssens D., 2016. Estimation of Value of Time for a Congested Network – A case study of the National Highway, Karachi, The 7th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2016) Madrid, Spain
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Baqueri S.F.A., 2015. Toll Estimation as a function of Time-Dependent Link Cost, vehicle category and distance– A Case Study for Karachi, The 14th International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Engineering, February 24-25, Tehran, Iran
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Noman S.M., Baqueri, S.F.A., 2013. Estimation of Traffic Congestion Cost-A Case Study of a Major Arterial in Karachi”, IEDC 2013, 4th International Symposium on Infrastructure Engineering on Developing Countries, December 26-28, Karachi, Pakistan (Elsevier Journal)
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Baqueri S.F.A., 2012. “Development of a Socio-Economic Zoning System of the Karachi Metropolis for Effective Transportation Planning”, AWAM international Conference of Civil Engineering (AICCE), August 2012, Malaysia
Dr Usman Ahmad
Associate Professor & HOD (Management Sciences)
• HEC Approved Supervisor
Usman Ahmad (PhD) earned his doctorate degree from School of Economics, Finance and Banking, Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) which is a AACSB accredited QS ranked university. He has diverse industrial experience at renowned Multinational Companies like British American Tobacco and Philips Malaysia.
In the field of research, he has worked on Malaysian Public Private Partnership (PPP) Projects. He conducted research on Risk, Risk Management and Critical Success Factors for Malaysian PPP projects. He has developed two constructs by using Mixed Method Research and conducted Risk Profiling for PPP projects. Prime Minister PPP Department Malaysia and Ministry of Works Malaysia awarded him Certificates of Appreciations for his research work.
PUBLICATION – ISI AND SCOPUS INDEX
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y. B., & Bakar, A. B. A. (2018). Malaysian Public Private Partnership. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, 22, 1-6
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y. B., & Bakar, A. B. A. (2018). Malaysian Public Private Partnership: Project Success Definition. International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 7(3.30), 33-37
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y., & Minai, M. S. (2018). Malaysian Public Private Partnerships: Risk Management in Build, Lease, Maintain and Transfer Projects. Cogent Business & Management, 5
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y., & & Bakar, A. B. A. (2018). Risk Management in the Malaysian Public Private Partnership Projects. Jurnal Pengurusan, 54
PUBLICATION – PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y., & Minai, M. S. (2017). Public private partnership in Malaysia: The differences in perceptions on the criticality of risk factors and allocation of risks between the private and public sectors. International Review of Management and Marketing, 7(2), 138-150
Dr. Razi Sultan Siddiqui
Assistant Professor & HOD (Humanities & Social Sciences)
Dr. Razi Sultan Siddqui, is a dynamic Corporate Trainer, Motivational Speaker, Entrepreneur, Consultant, Analyst and Senior Academician. He has a marvelous combination of educational qualification of psychology and business studies having the degrees of bachelor and master’s in Psychology and MBA and MS in Management Sciences. Backed by the vast experience of 22 years in academic and non-academic organizations at various positions. He is currently associated as an Assistant Professor with DHA Suffa University since its inception and has Excellence in Teaching Award 2012 in his credit.
He is also publishing in various journals of National and International repute including Psychological Science, Evolution and Human Behavior, Scientific Reports and International Journal of Psychology published by world renowned publishing organizations including SAGE, ELSVIER, Nature Research and Wiley-Blackwell publishers. Razi collaboratively conducts and participate in various research activities that provide insight to resolve individual, gender, family, organizational and community based issues. In 2016, he founded a consultancy firm that offer various forms of research-based support for educators and caregivers.
His primary interest relates to Organizational Psychology, Consumer Behavior, Educational Psychology, Health Psychology, Family Psychology, and Psychological Testing. His areas of interest in research are gender differences, perceived social support, psychological distress, depression, anxiety, stress, marital relations, self-esteem, suicide risk, emotional intelligence, job satisfaction, employees’ turnover. He has also experience of training to the managers of the pharmaceutical industry, teachers and students of various private and public institutions and organizations. Some of the training topics that he addresses in his workshops which include gender, individual differences, leadership, team building, conflict management, stress management and self-esteem.
He is active as a psychotherapist and provides counseling sessions. His strong passion in human research and behavioral study made him realize the reality to create a niche consistently.
• Ph.D. (Psychology) University of Karachi, Karachi
• MS (Management Sciences), SZABIST, Karachi
• MBA (Human Resources and Marketing), University of Sindh, Pakistan
• MSc (Industrial Psychology), University of Sindh, Pakistan
• BSc (Hons) Psychology, University of Sindh, Pakistan
1- Sorokowska, A., Saluja, S., Sorokowski, P., Frąckowiak, T., Karwowski, M., Aavik, T., Siddiqui, R.S., … & Croy, I. (2021). Affective Interpersonal Touch in Close Relationships: A Cross-Cultural Perspective. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 0146167220988373. (Impact Factor: 2.961)
2- Walter, K. V., Conroy-Beam, D., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Sorokowski, P., Siddiqui, R. S., … Zupančič, M. (2020). Sex Differences in Mate Preferences Across 45 Countries: A Large-Scale Replication. Psychological Science. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956797620904154(Impact Factor: 4.902)
3- Siddiqui, R. S., Jahangir, A. A., & Hassan, A. (2019). Gender Differences on Perceived Social Support and Psychological Distress among University Students. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies, 9(2), 210–223
4- Conroy-beam, D., Roney, J. R., Lukaszewski, A. W., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Siddiqui, R. S.,… Zupančič, M. (2019). Assortative mating and the evolution of desirability covariation. Evolution and Human Behavior,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.evolhumbehav.2019.06.003(Impact Factor: 2.959)
5- Conroy-Beam, D., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Sorokowski, P., Aavik, T., Siddiqui, R. S., … Zupančič, M. (2019). Contrasting Computational Models of Mate Preference Integration Across 45 Countries. Scientific Reports,9(1). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-52748-8(Impact Factor: 3.998)
6- Krys, K., Capaldi, C. A., van Tilburg, W., Lipp, O. V., Bond, M. H., Vauclair, M., Siddiqui, R. S., …, Ahmed, R. A., (2017) Catching up with wonderful women: The women-are-wonderful effect is smaller in more gender egalitarian societies. International Journal of Psychology.http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ijop.12420(Impact Factor: 1.867)
7- Rizwan, M., Malik, S., Malik, J. N., & Siddiqui, S. R. (2017) Urdu Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale: An Analysis of Reliability and Validity in Pakistan. Social Int J. 1(2): 00010. DOI: 10.15406/sij.2017.01.00010.
8- Rizwan, M., Siddiqui, R. S., & Ali. (2017). Suicide Risk Potential: A Comparison of Psychiatric Patients and Normal Controls in Pakistan. Psychol Behav Sci Int J. 6(2): 555685. DOI: 10.19080/PBSIJ.2017.06.555685.
9- Siddiqui, R. S., Hassan, A., & Syed, N. A., (2013) Impact of Emotional Intelligence on Employees Turnover Rate in FMCG Organizations Pakistan Journal of Commerce and Social Sciences ISSN: 1997-8553 Vol. 7, No. 2.
10- Siddiqui, R. S., & Hassan, A., (2012) Relationship between Job Satisfaction and Employee Turnover Intention Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies ISSN: 2219-6145 Vol. 2, Issue 1, 2012.
11- Siddiqui, R. S., Shah, I,. (2012) A Gender based Comparison Between Married and Unmarried Young Adults International Research Journal of Arts & Humanities ISSN: 1016-9342 Vol. 40, No. 40.
Dr. Muhammad Arif Hussain is a Professor in Basic Sciences Department at Suffa University, Karachi. He has completed B.Sc. (Honrs.) in Mathematics and M. Sc. in Applied Mathematics from University of Karachi, M. Sc. In Nuclear Engineering from Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Ph.D. in Mathematics from Federal Urdu University, Karachi. He has served Computer Division at Pakistan Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology (PINSTECH), Islamabad as scientist and senior scientist for more than ten years. He has also served as Principal scientist and Senior Head Academics at KANUPP Institute of Power Engineering, Karachi. In addition, he has also taught at undergraduate and graduate levels at several universities in Karachi. His research interests are Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Optimization Techniques, Stochastic Techniques and Stochastic Calculus, and Data Analysis. He has number of research papers to his credit and has supervised more than twenty five MS scholars and currently supervising one PhD scholar. He has about 30 years of teaching and research experience.
Dr. Kamran Khan
PhD, Business Administration
HEC Approved Supervisor – Management Science & Business Administration
Kamran Khan, Ph.D. has a work experience of around 11 years in industry and academia. His core area of expertise are business process reengineering, service delivery channels, customer satisfaction, policy-making & implementation, research, and change management, etc., especially in the service industry. He served in various positions i.e. Registrar, Director ORIC, and Associate Professor at a higher education institution of high repute. He led the online structure of a higher education institution during COVID-19 and executed the operations smoothly. He revamped several departments and especially the research department where hundreds of scholars of MS/M.Phil and PhD graduated. He also served as Editor of an HEC Recognized research journal and remained reviewer of several research journals of great repute. He remained the member of various statuary board including, Board of Governors, Academic Council, Advanced Studies and Research Board, Board of Faculty, Board of Studies etc.
Dr. Khan is an HEC approved Ph.D. supervisor in the area of management sciences & business administration. He received his Ph.D. degree from Iqra University, Karachi, in 2020. The area of focus of the degree was marketing with a concentration in consumer behavior. He’s a gold medalist in M.Phil. from KASB Institute of Technology. Dr. Khan has more than 28 publications to his credit which include journal articles, book chapters, and conference proceedings. Some of his projects are submitted in the top journals of the world for publications. Besides publications, he supervised more than 50 students of MBA, and MS/M.Phil. The summary of his research contributions is mentioned below:
1. Khan, K., Hameed, I., Akram, U., Hussainy. S.K. (2022). Do normative triggers and motivations influence the intention to purchase organic food? An application of the goal-framing theory. British Food Journal. The journal is categorized in W category of HEC.
2. Riaz, K., Hussainy. S.K., Khan, K. (2022). Nostalgia Advertising and Consumer Purchase Intention: An Empirical Study from Pakistan. Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 9(4). The journal is categorized in X category of HEC.
3. Khan, K., Riaz, K., Hussainy. S.K. (2021). An Investigation of the Relationship between Organizational Justice, Job Autonomy, Workplace Trust and Psychological Ownership: The Role of Ethical Leadership. Market Forces, 16(2), 109-132. The journal is categorized in Y category of HEC.
4. Salim, F., Khan, K., Hussainy, S.K., Riaz, K., Abro, L,A. (2021). What drives energy-efficient home appliances purchasing? Evidence from Pakistan. GISRAS – Journal of management & Islamic Finance, 1(2), (74-94). The journal is categorized in Y category of HEC.
5. Iqbal, H., Riaz, K., Khan, K., Hussainy, S.K. (2021). Impact of Workplace Spirituality on Employee Attitudes and Engagements. Pakistan Business Review, 23(1), 92-114. The journal is categorized in Y category of HEC.
6. Research paper accepted on the area “Factors influencing the sustainable consumer behavior concerning the recycling of plastic waste” is accepted in Environmental Quality Management. The journal is categorized in Scopus and Y category of HEC.
7. Khan, K., Hussainy, S.K., Hameed, I., Riaz, K. (2021). Too Much Choice and Consumer Decision Making; The Moderating Role of Consumer Involvement. JISR-MSSE 19(1). The journal is categorized in Y category by HEC.
8. Hameed, I., Hussain, H., & Khan, K. (2021). The role of green practices toward the green word-of-mouth using stimulus-organism-response model. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights. The journal is listed in ESCI and also recognized by HEC.
9. Khan, K., Hameed, I., & Hussainy, S. K. (2021). Antecedents and consequences of brand citizenship behavior in private higher education institutions. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, 1-22. The journal is listed in SSCI IF 2.35, The journal is also indexed in HEC W category.
10. Tariq, J., Khan, K., Hussainy, S.K., Tariq, S. (2020). Antecedents and Consequences of Student Loyalty in Higher Education. Journal of Independent Studies and Research-Management, Social Sciences and Economics, 18(2). The Journal is indexed in HEC Y category.
11. Hameed, I., & Khan, K. (2020). An extension of the goal-framing theory to predict consumer’s sustainable behavior for home appliances. Energy Efficiency, 1-15. Indexed in Web of Science, SSCI, and Scopus listed Journal published by Springer. HEC W category.
12. Khan, K., & Hameed, I. (2019). Determinants of sustainable consumption in high and low involvement product categories. Amazonia Investiga, 8(20), 503-515. Indexed in Web of Science and Y category of HEC.
13. Khan, MB., Hameed, 1., Khan, K. (2020). Kingdom of Saudi Arabia “Research, innovation and Entrepreneurship” is published by Taylor & Francis group.
14. Khan, K., & Hameed, I. (2019). Relationship between Consumer Motivations and Sustainable Consumer Behavior in a Developing Market. KASBIT Business Journal, 12, 161-191. HEC Y Category Journal.
15. Khan, K., & Hussainy, S. K. (2018, August). Nostalgic Advertising and Purchase Behavior. In International Conference on Management Science and Engineering Management (pp. 29-40). Springer, Cham.
16. Khan, K., & Hussainy, S. K. (2017). Dimensions of Customer Value Co-Creation Behavior in a Service Setting. Journal of Managerial Sciences, XI(3). HEC recognized.
17. Khan, K., & Hameed, I. (2017). The mediation of customer satisfaction and moderation of Price: Evidence from the generation Y users of cell phones. KASBIT Business Journal, 10. Indexed in HEC Y Category, EBSCO, GALE & LexisNexis.
18. Khan, K., Hussainy, S. K., & Iqbal, Y. (2017). Causes, effects, and remedies in conflict management. The South East Asian Journal of Management, 10(2), 152-172. (ECSI), EBSCO, DOAJ etc.
19. Khan, H., Hussainy, S. K., Khan, K., Khan, E., Sharif, M., & Tariq, S. (2017). The implications of cross-docking in the manufacturing sector of Pakistan. Int. J Sup. Chain. Mgt Vol, 6(3), 131. Indexed by SCOPUS. HEC Y category in 2018 ranking of HJRS.
20. Khan, H., Hussainy, S., Khan, A., Khan, K., Farooq, U., & Mir, M. (2017). Drivers of outsourcing and selection criteria of 3rd party logistics service providers. Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 10(4), 240-249. Indexed in ABDC Ranking and HEC Y category.
21. Khan, H., Hussainy, S. K., Khan, K., & Khan, A. (2017). The applications, advantages and challenges in the implementation of HRIS in Pakistani perspective. VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems, 47(1), 137-150. The Journal is Listed in WOS & SCOPUS. HEC X category.
22. Khan, K., Hussainy., S. K, Farooq, U. (2017). Corporate Governance and the firm Performance: A Management Perspective. European Journal of Business and Management, 9(13), 30-37. EBSCO, Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory etc. indexed Journal.
23. Khan, K., Farooq, U., Hussainy, S. K., Khan, E., Khan, H., Khan, Z. (2017). Entrepreneurial Legacy: Role of Family in Nurturing Entrepreneurial Ventures. European Journal of Business and Management, 9(4), 50-54. EBSCO, Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory etc. indexed Journal.
24. Akhter, S., Khan, K., Hussainy, S. K., Khan, E (2016). Measuring Copywriting Impact on Brand Identification. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (IJSRP), 6(12), 297-304.
25. Khan, K., Hussainy, S. K., Khan, A., & Khan, H. (2016). Billboard Advertising and Customer Attention: A Pakistani Perspective. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 6(3), 504.
26. Khan, K., Hussainy, S. K., & Khan, H. (2016). Factors Affecting Customer Satisfaction on B2B Portals; A study on Chinese Businesses using online Portals. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 6(2), 61-67.
27. Alvi, S., Laila, U., Khan, K., & Hussainy, K. (2016). Intention to Adopt M-Commerce over E-Commerce. KASBIT Business Journals (KBJ), 9(1), 154-175.
28. Khan, H., Mir, M. M., Khan, K., Reza, A., Khan, E., & Janjua, D. H. (2016). Analysis of electronic banking services & its issues in Pakistan. European Journal of Business and Management, 8(34), 1-8.
29. Khan, K., & Ahmed, I. (2015). Impact of Stock Prices on Macroeconomic Variables: Evidence from Pakistan. KASBIT Business Journal (KBJ), 8(1), 42-59.
Moreover, he has participated in 12 International and National Research Conferences.
Dr. Shama Siddiqui
• HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
• PhD (Computer Science) Institute of Business Administration, Karachi, Pakistan
• MS (Computer Science) Iqra University, Karachi
• M.Sc (Applied Physics) & B.Sc (Physics) University of Karachi
• Wireless Sensor Networks
• Design & Development of Mac Layer Protocols
• Performance optimization of sensor networks
• Internet of Things/Internet of Medical Things
• Body Area Networks
1. Khan, A., Siddiqui, S. & Ghani, S. (2020). FROG-MAC: A Fragmentation based MAC Scheme for Prioritized Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Wireless Personal Communications. 1-34. [I.F= 0.94]
2. Khan, A., Ghani, S., & Siddiqui, S. (2018). A Preemptive Priority-Based Data Fragmentation Scheme for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Sensors, 18(12), 4473.
3. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2018). A Taxonomy for MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks based on Traffic Prioritization. Wireless Personal Communications. 1-30.
4. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2018). PD-MAC: Design and Implementation of Polling Distribution-MAC for Improving Energy Efficiency of Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Wireless Information Networks. 25(2), 200-208.
6. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2017). ADP-MAC: An Adaptive and Dynamic Polling based MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Sensors Journal. 18(2), 860-874.
7. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2015). A Study on Channel Polling Mechanisms for the MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, 2015.
1. Khan, A. A, Siddiqui, S. & Ghani, S., (2020). Optimizing MAC Layer Performance for Wireless Sensor Networks in eHealth. IEEE Proceedings on International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications: Staying Smarter in a Smartening World”. COMPSAC 2020. Madrid, Spain.
2. Siddiqui, S. & Khan, A. A. (2019). Achieving Energy Efficiency for Bursty Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Proceedings on 22nd International Multi Topic Conference 2019 (IEEE INMIC 2019). Islamabad. Pakistan.
3. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2018). A Comparison Study on Dynamic Duty Cycle and Dynamic Channel Polling Approaches for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Proceedings on International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications: Staying Smarter in a Smartening World”. COMPSAC 2018. (pp. 790-793). Tokyo. Japan.
4. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2017). Investigating Dynamic Polling Intervals for Wireless Sensor Network Applications with Bursty Traffic. Proceedings of International Conference on Multi-sensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI 2017). (pp. 448-451). Daegu. South Korea.
5. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Design & Implementation of Distributed
Congestion Control Scheme for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of International Conference on Multi-sensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI 2017). (pp. 581-585). Daegu. South Korea.
6. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2017). DPR-MAC: A Dynamic Polling MAC for Disaster Management in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of Cyber-Enabled Distributed Computing and Knowledge Discovery (CyberC), 2017. (pp. 425-428). Nanjing, China.
7. Khan, A. A, Jamal, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Dynamic Duty-Cycle Control for Wireless Sensor Networks using Artificial Neural Network (ANN). Proceedings of Cyber-Enabled Distributed Computing and Knowledge Discovery (CyberC), 2017. (pp. 420-424). Nanjing, China.
8. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2017). Effect of Polling Interval Distributions on the Performance of MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. ACM Proceedings on International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (pp. 573-579). Springer, Cham. Turin, Italy.
9. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Contention Window Prioritization for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. ACM Proceedings on International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (pp. 676-685). Springer, Cham. Turin, Italy.
10. Siddiqui, S., Ghani. (2016), Towards Dynamic Polling: Survey and Analysis of Channel Polling Mechanisms for Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Proceedings on ICISE 2016, January 2016, Islamabad.
12. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2015). A Survey on Data Aggregation Mechanisms in Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Proceedings on ICICT 2015, December 2015, Karachi, Pakistan.
13. Wajid, A., Khan, A.A., Basit, A., Siddiqui, S., Salam, A. (2015), Achieving Energy Efficiency in Body Area Networks (BAN’s) through Avoiding Spatially Correlated Contention, IEEE Proceedings on ICICT 2015, December 2015, Karachi, Pakistan.
14. Siddiqui, S., & Ghani, S. (2013). Analytical Model for Delay Distribution of PRMAC. IEEE Proceedings on 11th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT), (pp. 1-6). December 2013. Islamabad, Pakistan.
15. Siddiqui, S., & Ghani, S. (2013). ES-MAC: Energy Efficient Sensor-MAC protocol for Wireless Sensor networks. IEEE Proceedings on 10th International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control (ICNSC) (pp. 28-33). Paris, France.
16. Siddiqui, S., Abbas, V. U., & Ali, M. A. (2010, September). Analysis and Simulation of Propagation Model for Wireless Communication of Bio-Sensors. IEEE Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Wireless Communications Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM), 2010 (pp. 1-4). Chengdu, China.
Disease predictions using ML and DL applications through medical imaging modalities
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science Salim Habib University, Karachi, August, 2018 –August 2022
Lecturer, Cadet College Petaro, Jamshoro, July 2011- August 2018
Dr. Huma Jamshed
• PhD (Computer Science: Algorithm to predictfuture of Internet Technologies), University of Karachi, Pakistan, 2019.
• ME (Computer Networks), NED University of Engineeringand Technology 2012
• BE (Computer Information and SystemEngineering), NED University of Engineering and Technology 2008
• Web Technologies
• Data Management System
• Big Data and Big Data Analytics
• Internet of Things
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Jamshed,H., Ali Khan, M. S., Khurram, M., Inayatullah, S. y Athar, S.(2019). Data Preprocessing: Apreliminary step for web data mining Citaciónsugerida: Data Preprocessing: A preliminary step for web datamining. 3C Tecnología. Glosasdeinnovaciónaplicadas a la pyme. Edición Especial,Mayo 2019, pp. 206–221. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.17993/3ctecno.2019.specialissue2.206–221
• M. Sadiq and H. Jamshedand S.Mustafa and S.Iqbal, “Data Extraction using Professional WebScraping”, Automatic Control and System Engineering ACSE, September 2018
• M. Sadiq Ali Khan, HumaJamshed,SumreenaBano and Muhammad Navaid Anwar, “Big Data Management in Connected Worldof Internet of Things”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, August 2017
• M. Sadiq Ali Khan*, Khaliq Khanzada and Huma Jamshed, “Realization of Aggregate Applications using DynamicBehaviour of Cellular Automata”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology,Vol 10 (3), DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2017/v10i3/110621, January 2017
• Sadiq Ali Khan,HumaJamshed,“Analysisof Formal Methods for Specification of E-Commerce Applications”, MehranUniversity Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, January 2016
• M.Sadiq Ali Khan and HumaJamshed,“Challengesin Handling Big Data”, International Journal of Application orInnovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM), December 2015
Associate Professor, HoD, HIMS ICT, Hamdard University View
• Data Engineering, e Business
• Intelligent Ubiquitous Computing and e Business Solution in International Journal of Information Management, IJIM Oxford, England, Vol.: 28, Issue: 6, April 2008
• IADIS International Conference Informatics 2010, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg Germany, Intellisense Sentinel , An Intelligent and Smart Hybrid Approach Towards Human Detection and Tracking, Short Paper
• Gold Medalist & Position Holder
Engr. Dr. Muhammad Nauman Qureshi
• HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
• Post Doc (Aerodynamics, Controls) Aerodynamics Research Lab, Poitiers, France
• PhD (ME, Turbulence) UJF, Grenoble France
• MPhil (ME, Energy Systems) ISAE, Toulouse, France
• MSc (Aeronautical Engineering) ISAE, Toulouse, France
• BE (Mechanical), NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
• HoD, Mechanical Engineering, DHA Suffa University (2017-2019)
• General Manager (Design), SUPARCO, Karachi (2000- 2016)
• Post-Doctoral Researcher, CNRS, Aerodynamics Research Laboratory, Poitiers, France (2009-10)
• Computer Aided Engineering
• CFD: Modeling & Simulation of Internal & External Flows (Multi-Phase, Combustion, Unsteady Fluid Dynamics)
• High Performance Computing
• Renewable Energy Systems
• Digital Signal Processing
1.Nauman M. Qureshi, Mickael Bourgoin, Christophe Baudet, Alain Cartellier, Yves Gagne, “Turbulent
Transport of Material Particles: An Experimental Study of Finite Size Effects”,
2. Nauman M. Qureshi, Unaiarrieta, Christophe Baudet, Alain Cartellier, Yves Gagne, Mickael
Bourgoin “Acceleration statistics of inertial particles in turbulent flow”, European Physical Journal B 66,
3. Nauman M. Qureshi, Unaiarrieta, Christophe Baudet, Christophe Baudet, Yves Gagne,:
Turbulent Transport of Finite- Sized Material Particle”, Journal of Physics: Conference
Series, Vol 318, 012005 (2011).
4. Abdul Majid, Muhammad Naeem Owais, Muhammad Nauman Qureshi, “Aerodynamic
Drag Computation of Lower Earth Orbit (LEO) Satellites”, Journal of Space Technology,
Vol. 8, No. 1, July 2018.
5. Syed Sheraz Ali, Nauman Qureshi, Shafiq ur Rehman “Performance Prediction of MEMS
based Resistojet Thruster through CFD”, Journal of Space Technology, 2017. For detailed profile, visit following link: Download
• EPSRC project, “Quiet Aerofoils of the Next Generation” (April 2016-August 2018)
• Developed an in-house 3-dimensional finite volume Navier-Stokes solver for compressible flow simulations with immersed boundary methods for City University of London, UK (Sep 2014 to Mar 2016)
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P.Comte. Statistical characteristics of an isothermal, supersonic boundary layer flow from DNS data. Flow Turbul. Combust. vol. 86(3-4), 369-397, 2011
• M. F. Shahab, P. Comte, G. Lehnasch and T. B. Gatski. Analysis of Boundary Layer Structure Downstream of a Shock Impingement. 9th International ERCOFTAC Symposium on Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Measurements, Thessaloniki, Greece, 2012
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P.Comte. Post-shock downstream evolution of turbulent boundary layer based on quadrant analysis, 20eme Congrés Français de Mécanique, Besançon, France, 2011
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. Influence of wall cooling on the statistics of a supersonic turbulent boundary layer flow. 8th International ERCOFTAC Symposium on Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Measurements, Marseille, France,
• M. F. Shahab , G. Lehnasch , T. B. Gatski, and P. Comte. Probing high-speed wall-bounded flows using DNS. 45th Symposium of Applied Aerodynamics, Marseille, France, 2010
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. DNS of a spatially developing, supersonic turbulent boundary layer flow over a cooled wall. 6th International Symposium on Turbulence, Heat and Mass Transfer, Rome, Italy, 2009
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. Statistical Characteristics of the Interaction of an Impinging Shock Wave and Turbulent Boundary Layer. Sixth International Symposium on Turbulent Shear Flow Phenomena, Seoul, Korea, 2009
• Gold Medalist, BE (mechanical), NEDUET
• Declared as Star Laureate 2005 in XVIth Star Awards 2005
• PhD (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
• MS (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
• BE (Mechanical Engineering) NUST, Pakistan
• Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, DHA Suffa University
• Cluster Head – Mechanics cluster
• Computational mechanics
• Homogenization methodologies
• Heterogeneous materials design
• Solar photovoltaic systems
• Evolutionary optimization
Research Projects (Ongoing and Completed) :
• Structural design of high-speed target drone Development of a photovoltaic powered reverseosmosis system
• Computational modeling and analysis of thermal barrier coatings
• Development of improved ceramic substrate material for power electronics applications
• Development of improved computational model for estimation of thermal conductivity of nanocomposites
• Siddiqui, Muhammad Usama and Abul Fazal M. Arif. 2016. Generalized Effective Medium Theory for Particulate Nanocomposite Materials. Materials 9(8):694. (Impact Factor: 2.94)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and Abul Fazal M. Arif. 2016. A Computational Approach for the Constitutive Modeling of Elastoplastic Behavior of Metal Matrix Composites. International Journal of Computational Methods 14(2): 1750058. (Impact Factor: 1.12)
• Siddiqui, Muhammad Usama, Abul Arif, and Salem Bashmal. 2016. Permeability-Selectivity Analysis of Microfiltration and Ultrafiltration Membranes: Effect of Pore Size and Shape Distribution and Membrane Stretching. Membranes 6(3):40. (Impact Factor: 2.12)
• M. U. Siddiqui, A. F. M. Arif, N. Saheb and M. S. Khan. 2017. Constitutive modeling of elastoplasticity in spark-plasma sintered metal-matrix nanocomposites. Materials Science and Engineering: A 689:176-188 (Impact Factor: 2.65)
• S. S. Akhtar, M. U. Siddiqui, Kabeer Raza, A. S. Hakeem, L. T. Kareem, A. F. M. Arif. 2017. Computational and experimental study on the effective properties of Alumina/Nickel Composite. Accepted in Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology (Impact Factor: 1.53)
• Nouari Saheb, Najam Ul Qadir, Muhammad Usama Siddiqui, Abul Fazal Muhammad Arif, Syed Sohail Akhtar and Nasser Al-Aqeeli. 2014. Characterization of Nanoreinforcement Dispersion in Inorganic Nanocomposites: A Review. Materials 7:4148-81. (Impact Factor: 2.94)
• S. S. Akhtar, L. T. Kareem, A. F. M. Arif, M. U. Siddiqui, A.S. Hakeem. Development of a Ceramic-based Composite for Direct Bonded Copper Substrate. Ceramics International 43(6):5236-5246 (Impact Factor: 2.76)
• Siddiqui, M. Usama, A. F. M. Arif, Leah Kelley, and Steven Dubowsky. 2012. Three-Dimensional Thermal Modeling of a Photovoltaic Module under Varying Conditions. Solar Energy 86(9):2620-31. (Impact Factor: 3.68)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2013. Electrical, Thermal and Structural Performance of a Cooled PV Module: Transient Analysis Using a Multiphysics Model. Applied Energy 112:300-312. (Impact Factor: 5.75)
• Siddiqui, M. U., A. F. M. Arif, A. M. Bilton, S. Dubowsky, and M. Elshafei. 2013. An Improved Electric Circuit Model for Photovoltaic Modules Based on Sensitivity Analysis. Solar Energy 90:29-42. (Impact Factor: 3.68)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and M. Abido. 2013. Parameter Estimation for Five- and Seven-Parameter Photovoltaic Electrical Models Using Evolutionary Algorithms. Applied Soft Computing 13(12):4608-21. (Impact Factor: 2.86)
• Hasan, Osama, A. F. M. Arif, and M. U. Siddiqui. 2013. Finite Element Modeling, Analysis, and Life Prediction of Photovoltaic Modules. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering 136(2):21022. (Impact Factor: 1.44)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2012. Effect of Changing Atmospheric and Operating Conditions on the Thermal Stresses in PV Modules. in ASME ESDA 2012 Vol. 2. Nantes France.
• Hasan, Osama, A. F. M. Arif, and M. U. Siddiqui. 2012. Finite Element Modeling and Analysis of Photovoltaic Modules. in Proceedings of the ASME 2012 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition. Housten, Texas.
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2014. Computational Homogenization of Metal Matrix Composites. in Proceedings of the 25th CANCAM. London, Ontario, Canada.
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2016. Estimation of Thermal Conductivity of Nanocomposites with Non-Uniformly Distributed Inclusions. in 24th International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ICTAM 2016). Montréal, Québec, Canada.
• Akhtar, S. S., A. Bin Ali, M. U. Siddiqui, A. F. M. Arif, and Amir Al-Ahmad. 2016. Development of Graphene-Filled Polymer Nanocomposites for Enhanced Thermal Conductivity. in 3rd International Conference on Structural Nano Composites (NANOSTRUC 2016). Aberdeen, Scotland.
• Akhtar, S. S., A. F. M. Arif, M. U. Siddiqui, H. K. R. Chishti, and L. T. Kareem. 2016. Computational Design and Development of Alumina-Nickel Droplet Composites. in Proceedings of the ASME 2016 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition. Phoenix, AZ, USA.
• Muhammad Usama Siddiqui, Abul Fazal Muhammad Arif and Syed M. Zubair. Heat Exchanger for Photovoltaic Panels. Patent number 20150280040.
Sobia Iqbal has recently accomplished her doctorate degree from the University of Karachi in Dec 2020. Besides being an active researcher, she has vast Academic and Industrial experience. She gained expert training experience by sharing her knowledge in many public and private organizations. Her believe in the art of Learn, De-learn, and Re-learn forces her to share the knowledge at grass root level, where the personalities develop.
She has been involved in Teaching, Training; Facilitating, Coaching, Mentoring and Consulting with the intention of dramatic progress in Personality Development, Productivity, and the Performance of the People. Fast-paced solutions, creative techniques, and innovative ideas coupled with her expertise in Administrative and Management capacities facilitated her as a fully dedicated and passionate individual.
• PhD (Human Resource Management) University of Karachi
• MPA (Human Resource Management) University of Karachi
• B.Com – University of Karachi
• Certified Train the Trainer – Pakistan Society of Training and Development (PSTD)
• Certified British Council facilitator
• Short-term Research Scholar, George Mason University (under PAK – US University Partnership Program)
• Principal and Project leader at Sindh Schooling System Welfare Foundation (Akhuwat) adopted Public School Korangi.
• Principal at Green Crescent Trust – Minaret School
• Visiting Faculty in at the University of Karachi and a number of other affiliated and private institutions.
• Human Resource Management
• Human Resource Information System
• Human Resource Diversity
• Recruitment and Selection
• Job Satisfaction
• Management and Administration
• Project Management
• Consumer Behaviour
PUBLICATIONS (HEC Recognized Journals and Scopus Index)
• Perception of organizational behaviour in context of organizational commitment among employees of private organizations in Karachi.
• The Influence Of Workforce Diversity On Performance Of Employee In Private Banking Sector Of Pakistan
Iqbal S.; Iraqi K. M; Rafi T. (2019); The Influence Of Workforce Diversity On Performance Of Employee In Private Banking Sector Of Pakistan; Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities; Vol 58(2); pg 171-184.
• The Islamic Banking Sector of Pakistan: The Impact of Leadership Opportunities, Gender Differences, Working Conditions And Employee Performance On Job Satisfaction Of Female Employees Of The Industry
Iqbal S.; Iraqi K. M. (2020); The Islamic Banking Sector of Pakistan: The Impact of Leadership Opportunities, Gender Differences, Working Conditions and Employee Performance on Job Satisfaction of Female Employees of the Industry; Journal of Gender Studies; Vol 20(2); pg 139-158.
• Online Education in Pakistan during Covid-19 Pandemic; Student’s Perspective
Iqbal S, Farooq S, Ahmed S.S, Rehman A (2021); Online Education in Pakistan during Covid-19 Pandemic; Student’s Perspective; Palarch’s Journal of Archaeology of Egypt/Egyptology; Vol. 18(1);pg 4218-4230
• International Conference of Managing Megacities (20-22 Sept, 2016)
“Determinant of frequent road accidents in megacities” (A Case study of Karachi) research was done under USA Exchange Student Partnership Program between George Mason University and University of Karachi
Selected for US Education Funding Program (phase II) as Research Trainer (2020-2021).
• Solely organized summits, conferences and a number of advanced certification courses at the University of Karachi.
• Selected as a Researcher and Event Organizer for the USA Partnership Program between George Mason University and the University of Karachi, Department of Public Administration and nominated for the US Pakistan Education Funded Partnership Program (phase II) as Research Trainer.
Assistant Professor (BS International Relations Program)
• Ph. D in International Relations from University of Karachi
• M.A in International Relations from University of Karachi
• Associate degree in Textile Technology from Textile Institute of Pakistan (T.I.P)
• Assistant Professor – BS IR Program (April 2022)
• Lecturer – BS IR Program (October 2021 – March 2022)
• Visiting Lecturer – The Smart College, Gulshan-e-Iqbal Campus (2016 – 2018)
• Visiting Lecturer– University of Karachi (Spring 2017 – Fall 2017)
• Lecturer – Dadabhoy Institute of Higher Education (2017 – 2019)
1. Soft Power: An Invasion to Pakistani Culture
2. Diminishing local Languages in the Era of Globalization: A Case Study of Pakistan
3. Water Crisis between Turkey, Syria, and Iraq and Its Implications
4. Women in Pakistan-social mobility, human development, and empowerment
5. Political Islam as Explained by Sayyid Qutb and Maulana Mawdudi a Comparison
6. Cultural Globalization In A Contest With The State And Nationalism
7. Structural cultural globalization: A threat to positive and sustainable peace
8. Communism, an incomplete unforgettable tale, a case study of Pakistan published in Pakistan Journal of International Affairs.
• Challenges of Women Empowerment and Human development in Pakistan’ presented in International Conference organized by the University of Karachi in Oct 2016.
• Structural globalization: a threat to positive and sustainable peace presented in an international conference in Nov 2017.
• Cultural Globalization and Nation States’ presented in International Conference organized by Benazir Bhutto University on 7th August 2018.
Supervision of Research Articles:
• Effect of Islamic culture and religion on the consumption of halal food among the younger generation of Pakistan by Rafia Alkasiri, Sharmeen Jawaid, Wajiha Farooq (Students Bahria University, Karachi) published in Asian Social Sciences Review.
• Attitude towards the cultural appropriation of fashion: a survey with the Pakistani population by Faryal Jabeen Haye, Hooriya Rais, Maheera Saleem, Zarnaaz Ishaq (Student Institute of Professional Psychology Bahria University) published in Asian Social Sciences Review.
Raazia Gul has recently completed her PhD in Management Science with specialization in Finance from Foundation University Islamabad, Pakistan. She has been working as a lecturer for more than 10 years at various universities and business schools across the country, which include NUST, Bahria University, Air University, SZABIST, TMUC, UCL among others. Ms. Gul has also been working as a freelance research analyst, copy editor and proofreader for more than a decade. Not only she has presented in various reputable conferences across the world, her work has also been published in many impact factor journals.
Her research interests include:
Big Data Analytics
Data-driven decision making
Publications in Journal
Gul, R., Ellahi, N., & Al-Faryan, M. A. S. (2021). The complementarities of big data and intellectual capital on sustainable value creation; collective intelligence approach. Annals of Operations Research, 1-17. (IF=4.8 & W-category)
Gul, R., Ellahi, N., Leong, K. & Qaiser Ali Malik. (2021). The complementarities of Digitalization and Productivity: Redefining Boundaries for Financial Sector. Technology Analysis and Technology Management. DOI. 10.1080/09537325.2021.2013463 (IF=2.8 & W-category)
Gul,R. & Ellahi, N. (2021). The nexus between data analytics and firm performance. Cogent Business and Management, 8 (1), 1923360. (X-category)
Ellahi, N., Kiani, A., Malik, Q., Raza, A., & Gul, R. (2021). Institutional governance and financial sector development: Panel evidence from Asian economies. Cogent Economics & Finance, 9(1), 1890367. (X-category)
Gul, R. & Ahsan, A. (2019). Big Data and Analytics: Case Study of Good Governance and Government Power. European Conference on Intangibles and Intellectual Capital, 128-XI. Italy.
Gul, R. & Malik, QA. (2018). The impact of Intellectual Capital on Financial Performance: Communication Sector Perspective – School of Economics conference, Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Gul, R. & Faisal, M. (2010). The comparison of financial performances of Multinational companies with Domestic companies; an empirical study (paper presented as a first author on 21-23rd July at Saicon International Conference 2010).
Gul, R. (2020). Data in Action: Impact of Data Driven Decision Making on Firm Performance. GARNET PhD Virtual Colloquium 2020, Monash University, Australia.
Mr. Muhammad Abu Huraira
• MSc (Marketing), Brunel University, UK
• MBA (Marketing), Greenwich University, Karachi
• Assistant PR Manager, Media Pulse Private Limited
• Brands, Advertising, Consumer Behavior
• MS (Computer Science), LUMS BS (Computer Science), FAST-NU, Karachi
• Assistant Professor, Computer Science, FAST-NU Software Engineer, Core Development Group, Avanza Solutions
• Big Data Analytics • Data Mining • Machine Learning • Human Computer Interaction
• Jemal H. Abawajy, Syed I. Jami, Zubair A. Shaikh, Syed Hammad Ahmed, A Framework for Scalable Distributed Provenance Storage System, Computer Standards & Interfaces (2012)
• Muhammad Shoaib Siddiqui and Syed Hammad Ahmed, Policy-based Network Management in a Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Network, in 15th International Multi Topic Conference (INMIC) 2012, Islamabad, Pakistan, December 2012 (published by IEEE)
• Tariq Mahmood, Syed Hammad Ahmed, and Saqib Mahmood, Optimal Dynamic Personalization in Conversational Recommender Systems, In Proceedings of the 2nd Malaysian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (MJCAI 2010), 26-30 July, Malaysia, Springer • Tariq Mahmood, Syed Hammad Ahmed, and Saqib Mahmood, Comparing Reward-based Optimal Behaviors in User-Adapted Recommender Systems, In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT 2010), July 9 -11, Chengdu, China. IEEE
• Received Best Teacher Award (University) – Spring 2013 • Received Best Teacher Award (Department) – Spring 2014, Spring 2013, Fall 2012
• MS (Mechatronics Engineering), GIST, Gwangju, South Korea
• BE (Mechanical), NED University
• Robot dynamics and control, structural optimization, structural mechanics, modal analysis, vibration.
• Jongsuh Lee, Syed Hassaan Hussain, Semyung Wang and Kyihwan Park, Enhanced method to reconstruct mode shapes of continuous scanning measurements using the Hilbert Huang transform and the modal analysis method, 2014, Review of Scientific Instruments (AIP). http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/rsi/85/9/10.1063/1.4894260.
• Jongsuh Lee, Syed Hassaan Hussain and Semyung Wang, Frequency response function of a moving sensor measurement, The 21st International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV), 13-17 July, 2014, Beijing/China.
• Fully funded masters degree scholarship from Government of South Korea.
• Recipient of Brain Korea, BK 21, graduate scholarship.
• Bachelors degree with distinction.
• MSc, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• Signal Processing
• Adaptive filters
• Machine learning
• Umair bin Mansoor, Syed Muhammad Asad & Azzedine Zerguine, Stochastic Gradient Algorithm Based on an Improved Higher Order Exponentiated Error Cost Function, 48th IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, 2014
• Quasi-Newton Least Mean Fourth Adaptive Algorithm: Steady-State, Tracking and Transient Analysis, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller (June 16, 2010), ISBN-13: 978-3639262964
• MSc (Power Engineering), Technical University Munich, Germany
• BE (Electronics), NED University
• Linde AG, Engineering Division, Pullach, Germany
• Institute of Automatic Control, Technical University Munich (TUM), Germany
• Hamdard University, Karachi, Pakistan
• System Identification
• Linear Control Systems
• Non-Linear Control Systems
• Distributed Control Systems
• Model Predictive Control
• Electrical Machines (Control)
• Automatic Power Factor Correction Unit, International Conference on Computing, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, ICE Cube 2016, April 11-12, Quetta, Pakistan. ISBN 978-1-5090-1252-7
• Design of Smart Charge Controller for Wind Electric Conversion System, 8th International conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies SET 2009, 31st Aug to 3rd Sep 2009, Aachen, Germany. ISBN 978-3-9813246-1-7
• An off-grid Model Setup for Wind Electric Conversion System, TENCON 2009, November 23-26, Singapore. ISBN 978-1-4244-4547-9
• National Instruments LabVIEW based Pharmaceutical Medication Device with Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition System (SCADA), SoutheastCon 2009, March 5-8, Atlanta, GA, USA. ISBN 978-1-4244-3978-2
• GSM Based Security System Using LabVIEW,First International Conference on Computer, Control and Communication 2007 at Pakistan Navy Engineering College, NUST, Karachi during November 12-13, 2007
• Masters Thesis at Linde Engineering, Pullach, Germany in the department of Information Technology and Process Control
• Funding from NED University for presenting projects in Germany and USA at undergraduate level
• First prize winner in hardware competition at PAF-KIET (2008)
• MSc (Engineering), University of Leeds, UK
• MBA (Marketing), PAF-KIET
Engr. Asif Gulraiz
• MSc (Sustainable Electrical Power), Brunel University London, United Kingdom
• BS (Electronics), SSUET, KarachiFormerly:
• Senior Lecturer, DHA Suffa University
• Lecturer, Usman Institute of Technology
• Project Officer, Brunel University London
• Electrical Engineer, Pakistan International Container Terminal
• Power Quality, Renewable Energy
• Asif Gulraiz, Hammad Munami, Power Factor Correction for Non-Linear Loads, International Journal on Energy Conversion (IRECON). ISSN: 2281-5295, e-ISSN: 2281-5309.
• Distinction in Final Thesis (MSc), Brunel University London
• MA (English Linguistics) from University of Karachi in 2007
• M.Phil (English Linguistics) from Hamdard University in 2016
Mr. Muhammad Ashhad Shahid
• PhD Scholar (Mathematics), 2021, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
• M.S in Applied Mathematics NED University of Engineering and Technology
• Signal processing
• Bio informatics
• Fluid Dynamics
• Assistant Professor at NUCES-FAST
• Lecturer at DHA Suffa University August 2015 to April 2017
• Lecturer (contract) at NED University of Engineering and Technology from July 2012 to July 2015
Dr. Asbah Zia has accomplished her doctorate degree from the University of Karachi in Dec, 2020. Besides being an active researcher she has vast academic, training and consulting experience. She also provides counseling for psychological and behavioral issues and willing to spread awareness regarding mental health issues. She has keen interest in research work and eager to participate in research related activities to provide awareness about well known societal issues. Her areas of interest in research are family relationships, societal issues and psychological distress related to personal and professional life. She has expertise in psychometric testing through interviews, questionnaires and psychological tests (Rorschach, HFD, PAI, TAT, WAIS, BFI, MBTI and others).
She worked in some projects of UNDP where she provided training sessions to youth related to life and soft skills. She has been involved in Teaching, Training, Consulting and Mentoring with the intentions to develop pleasant and healthy personalities with productivity and minimal psychological issues.
PhD (Psychology) University of Karachi, Karachi
M.Phil (Psychology) University of Karachi, Karachi
M.A (Clinical Psychology) University of Karachi, Karachi
B.A (Hons) University of Karachi, Karachi
Assistant Professor, Humanities and Social Sciences Department, DHA Suffa University
More than 10 years, teaching, training and consulting experience.
Strength and Skills:
Social Media Impact
Research Projects (Ongoing and Completed):
Usage of Social Media by Partners Correlates Quality of Marital Relationship
Social media, Narcissism and Introversion: A Correlational study
“Investigation of Imposter Phenomenon And Its Relation to Perfectionism in Pakistani Working Women” Bahria Journal of Professional Psychology, Karachi-Pakistan (March, 2021)
MS (Cyber Security) – COMSTAS University Islamabad, Pakistan
BS (Computer Science), Iqra University, Karachi
Malware Detection and Classification along with Trade-off Analysis for Number of Features, Feature Types, and Speed – International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT-2021)
Malware Detection in Android via Neural Network using Entropy Features – International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT-2021)
Malware Classification Framework using Convolutional Neural Network – Conference IEEE International Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security (ICCWS 2020)
Lecturer & Program Coordinator: Salim Habib University, Karachi
Lecturer, Iqra University, Karachi.
Software Developer, Innovative Solutions, Karachi
Ms. Sidra Ahmed
Senior Lecturer & Program Manager, BS (IR)
Total 15 years of professional experience in numerous fields including; corporate sector, media industry and university teaching. Eight years of teaching in various public and private sector universities. Working with DHA Suffa University from October 2020 till date in capacity of lecturer, Program coordinator, Member Board of Studies and Member Coordination Committee.
• PhD international Relations (in process) from University of Karachi • M. Phil International Relations from University of Karachi • MA International Relations from University of Karachi • Certified in Human Resource Management from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi.
• Identity politics, Secularism, Regional Studies, Media, Theology, Political Philosophy.
• Humanities & Social Sciences: Principles of International Relations, Foreign Policy, Theories & Principles of IR, Pakistan Studies, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Business Ethics, Political Geography, Business English, Study Skills.
• Management Sciences: Principles of Management, Cross Cultural Management, Organization & Management
• Administrative Sciences: Social Policy
• Research Paper published in Journal of Social Sciences (HEC Y Category), June 2021.
• PhD (Finance) Scholar, Bahria University, Karachi
• M. Phil. (Finance) Bahria University, Karachi
• MBA (Finance), IBA, Karachi
• PGD (Computer Science), IBA, Karachi
• DAIBP, Institute of Bankers, Pakistan
• BSc, University of Karachi
• 21 years with Bahria University, Karachi
Accounting, Finance, & Economics
• 18 years with Investment Corporation of Pakistan
(Industrial Financing, Underwriting, Mutual Funds)
Ms. Tehniat Mirza
• MS (Computer Science), PAF-KIET
• BS (Computer Science), University of Karachi
• BS (Applied Mathematics), University of Karachi
Ms. Raazia Sosan Waseem
• MS (Computer Science), Hamdard University
• BS (Telecommunications and Networking), Hamdard University
• Assistant Professor, Hamdard University
Mr. Asif Rafiq
• MS(IT) – Computer Networks from KTH, Royal Institute of Technology Sweden
• BE-Computer Engineering from Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology Karachi
• Phoenix Armour (Pvt.) LTD
• WSN & Network Security
Ms. Urooj Waheed
• MS (Computer Science), IBA
• BS (Computer Science), University of Karachi
Mr. Muhammad Mobin Idrees
• PhD in Computer Science, University of Reading, United Kingdom
• M.Sc.(Disctinction) Advanced Software Engineering, University of Leicester, United Kingdom
• M.Sc. Information Technology, Preston University Pakistan
• Post-Graduation, Information Sciences, University of Karachi, Pakistan
• B.Sc, University of Karachi, Pakistan
• Researcher Development Program, University of Reading (UoR), UK
• Developing Professional Researcher Networks by (Dr Margaret Collin)
• Prepare to Teach by (Academic Development and Enhancement (ADE) and (Centre for Quality, Support and Development)
• Running and Interactive Session Online by (Daniel Barker; Moderator: Matt Jones)
• Basic Statistics Refresher by (James Gallagher)
• Time & energy management by (Dr Margaret Collin)
• Writing up your data analysis by (Alessandro Leidi)
• Idrees, M. M., Frederic T. S., Atta B. “Adaptive Learning in Extreme Verification Latency and Non-Stationary Environments (VLANSE)” In Progress
• Idrees, M. M, Leandro L. M., Frederic T. S., Atta B. “A Heterogeneous Online Learning Ensemble for Non-Stationary Environments” Knowledge-Based Systems, Volume 188, 5 January 2020 DOI: 10.1016/j.knosys.2019.104983
• Jadid, M. N., and Idrees, M., M., “Cost Estimation of Structural Skeleton Using an Interactive Automation Algorithm: A Conceptual Approach”, 2007 Automation in Construction, Vol. 16, pp. 797-805.
• Jadid, M. N., and Idrees, M., M., “A Geographic Interactive Supply Chain Management System for Construction Projects” World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science. WCECS 2013, October 23 – 25, 2013, San Francisco, USA. http://www.iaeng.org/publication/WCECS2013/WCECS2013_pp1076-1080.pdf
• Idrees, M. M. and Jadid, M. N, “Implementation of a Web-Based Multi- User Task Management System. Fourth International Conference in the 21st Century (CITCIV), “Accelerating Innovation in Engineering, Management and Technology”. July 11-13, 2007, pp. 673-683, Gold Coast, Australia.
• Jadid, M. N., and Idrees, M., M., “A Strategy for Collecting and Evaluating Information on Engineering Consultant Offices Using Neural Networks: A Case Study”, The Joint International Conference on Computing and Decision Making in Civil and Building Engineering, Montreal, Canada. June 14-16, 2006, pp. 2311-2322 (ISSN: 2706-6568) http://itc.scix.net/data/works/att/w78-2006-tf351.pdf
University Funded Projects:
Participated in the following funded University projects:
• Classification of the Consultants Engineering Offices for the Private Sectors Using Artificial Neural Networks. “A Funded Project by King Abdulaziz City for Research & Science (KACST), under Grant No AB-25-28”.
• Collecting and Evaluating Information on Engineering Consultant Offices Using Neural Networks.
• Overcoming Obstacles Facing Contractors in Saudi Arabia “A Funded Project by the Deanship of Graduate Studies and Research of the University of Dammam.
Mr. Saeed Ahmed
Engr. Syed Muhammad Farooq Shibli
• MS (Software Engineering), Bahria University, Karachi
• BS (Computer System Engineering), Bahria University, Karachi
Mr. Syed Imran Ali
• PhD (Scholar) (Information Technology) Universiti Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• MS (Computer Science) Department of Computer Science, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Karachi, Pakistan
• Master of Computer Science (MCS) Department of Computer Science, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Karachi, Pakistan
• Software Engineering
• Machine Learning
• Internet of Things (IoT) Security
• PhD Scholar (Statistics), 2018, University of Karachi
• M.Phil (Statistics and Operation Research), 2017, University of Karachi
• M.Sc (Statistics) from University of Karachi, Pakistan in 2013
• Visiting Faculty at DHA Suffa University from 1-7-2017 to 10-12-2017
• Lecturer (contract), Department of Statistics, University of Karachi, Pakistan from July 2013 to December 2017
• Visiting Faculty at Department of Mathematical Science, University of Karachi, Pakistan
• Visiting Faculty at Department of Health and Physical Education, University of Karachi
• Afrozuddin S.A, Junaid, S.S., S. Quaiser and Siddiqi.S.S (2015) “Analysis of Climatic Structure with Karachi Dengue Outbreak”. Journal of Basic and Applied Science , 544-552.
ISSN: 1814-8085 / E-ISSN: 1927-5129/15 Lifescience Global
• Afrozuddin S.A, Junaid, S.S., S. Quaiser and Kamal.S (2015) “USing PCA, Poisson and Negative Binimial Model to study the climatic factor and Dengue Fever outbreak in Lahore”. Journal of Basic and Applied Science , 18-16.
ISSN 1814-8085/E-ISSN: 1927-5129/15 Lifescience Global
• Afrozuddin S.A, Junaid, S.S, S. Quaiser (2014), ” Principal Compomnemt Analysis to Explore Climatic Variability that facilitates the Emergence of Dengue Outbreak in ?Karachi”. Pakistan Journal of Meteorology Vol. 11, Issue 21: Jul, 2014
• S, Quaiser (2018) “Optimization of Sample Size Allocation Using Goal Programming” accepted in Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research (PJSOR)
• MAS (Applied Economics), Applied Economics Research Center, University of Karachi, Karachi
• MA (Economics), University of Punjab, Lahore
• B.Sc (Economics, Statistics and Mathematics), University of Punjab, Lahore
• Macroeconomics Analysis
• Development Sector
• Financial Markets
• Masood, H., Waqas, M., & Anwer, M. (2017). Validity of f-h puzzle in Pakistan economy: A time series study. Journal of Business Studies , 89-96.
• Waqas, M., Uddin, I., Ashfaq, B., & Shakir, R. (Vol. 12, No. 1, (Spring 2016) ). Redefinig economic systems as an islamic economic system. Journal of Business Studies, 65-78.
• PhD Scholar (Physics), 2019, University of Karachi.
Title: Impact of rare earth doping on the structural and electrical properties of Mg-Zn based spinel ceramics for high frequency device applications
• M.Phil. (Physics), 2018, Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology, Karachi.
Title: Comparative study of band gap energies of bare silver nanoparticles with afzelechin conjugated silver nanoparticles.
• M.Sc. (Physics) from University of Karachi, Pakistan in 2011
Title. Photopeak efficiency measurement of NaI and HPGe detectors using different radioactive isotopes.
• Nuclear physics
• Material science
• Lecturer at Rangers public school & college Nazimabad Karachi.
• Lecturer at Bahria Foundation College Nazimabad Karachi.
• Lecturer at National Government College Karachi.
• Ali, S., Rahim, M., Fazil, P., Ahmad, M. S., Ullah, A., Shah, M. R., … & Saleh, D. I. (2021). Synthesis and Photonics Applications of Afzelechin Conjugated Silver Nanoparticles. Coatings, 11(11), 1295.
• Ullah, A., Fazil, P., Rukh, G., Muhammad, M. T., Rahim, M., Ateeq, M., … & Saleh, D. I. (2021). A Novel Colorimetric Chemosensor Based on Ferene-S-Conjugated Silver Nanoparticles for Selective Recognition of Fe2+. Coatings, 11(11), 1293.
• Muhmmad Rahim, Faiz Ur Rahman, Muhammad Ateeq, G.S Akram Ali shah, and Tariq Jamil. (2019). Analysis of the Relation between Energy of Gamma Rays and the Efficiency of Sodium Iodide (NaI) Detector. International Journal of Research Scholars (IJRS).
• Muhammad Rahim, Shahid Nazar, Umeza Mishal, Rida Ahmed, Muhammad Khalid Kiran Naz, Arif Akhtar Azam, Muhammad Kashif (2021). Effect of Mg dopping on the Optical Properties of Zinc Oxide Nanostructures. 1 st International Conference on Applied Physics & Engineering (ICAPE-2021) 16-17 September, 2021
• Kiran Naz , Muhammad Khalid, Junaid Kareem Khan, Muhammad Rahim, Zaheer Uddin, Arif Akhtar Azam (2021) Structural, Dielectric, Impedance and Electric Modulus Properties of Nickel Doped Mg-Zn Based Spinel Ferrites Nanoparticles. 1 st International Conference on Applied Physics & Engineering (ICAPE-2021) 16-17 September, 2021
• ME (Communication Systems and Networks), MUET
• BE (Telecommunications), MUET
• Assistant Manager, Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited (PTCL – Etisalat), Hyderabad
• Resident Engineer, Interactive Group of Companies Pvt Ltd, Army Data Center, Hyderabad
• Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
• Cooperative Communication Systems
• S Asad A, et al, Performance Evaluation Of Decode & Forward Cooperative Communication Protocols, International Journal Of Information Technology And Electrical Engineering , 1st Jan 2013, ISSN: 2225-7217
• Syed Asad Ali, et al, Bit Error rate Analysis of Amplify and Forward Cooperative Communication Protocol, IEEEP 26th Multi Topic Symposium 2011, Karachi Pakistan
• Gold Medal from IEEE on research paper
• Position Holder in BE
Yasir Jamal Pasha, trained as a researcher with vast experience of teaching Marketing, Management, MIS course and a practicing Manager in the areas of Strategic Marketing and Business Decision Making. Worked for various reputable Universities in Karachi.
• MS, (Business Sustainability & Decision Making), Hamdard University
• MBA, (Marketing & MIS), Hamdard University
• B.Sc., Karachi University
• Diploma, (Software Engineering), Petroman Training Institute
• Associated with IoBM, steered various Departments & was part of their Strategic Planning Committee
• Assistant Professor, Nazeer Hussain University
• Senior Lecturer (MS) & Deputy Director – City Campus, Hamdard University, Karachi
• Senior Lecturer (MS) & Incharge – SRC, Bahria University, Karachi
• Visiting Faculty, Muhammad Ali Jinnah University
• Business Sustainability & Decision Making
• Marketing using Technology
• Strategic Human Resource Planning
• Training and Development Practices at National Highway Authority in Pakistan is Myth or Reality, International Review of Management and Business Research, Vol. 4 Issue.3, Sep-15, 2306-9007
• The Paradigm Shifts in Organizational Management in 21st Century: Scope, Significance and Challenges from a Pakistan Perspective, European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 133, No 2, Jun-15, 1450-216X / 1450-202X
• The Dynamics of Diversified Business Groups in BRICS Economies – What is Really New About These New Players, 2nd International Research on Business Management 2018, Nov-18, PAF-KIET
• Lawyer as a Leader, International Conference on Legal Education 2015, Dec-15 Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhuttto University of Law
Mr. Umar Sadiq
Ms. Subeika Fatima Ali Rizvi
• MS in Management Sciences from SZABIST, Pakistan in 2016
– Research article on “The Shift of Power from the Public Representatives to the Bureaucratic and Military Elite: Case Study of the First Decade of Pakistan” published in Pakistan Perspectives 24, No.1, January-June 2019 https://psc.edu.pk/psc/index.php/pp-24-1-9/
– Political Islam as explained by Sayyid Qutb and Maulana Mawdudi: A comparison
Pakistan Journal of International Affairs June 2021
• Foreign Policy
• Comparative Politics
• Islam and the West
• Contemporary South Asia
• MSc. Civil Engineering, NED University of Engineering and Technology
• BSc. Civil Engineering NED University of Engineering and Technology
• 37 years of teaching experience
• Organized and attended more than 30 seminars conferences and workshops
• Completed training on Application of Computer in Civil Engineering Drawing at University Of Southampton UK
• Aspects of behaviour of CFRP reinforced concrete beams in bending, Construction and Building Materils, 2008
• Fire Resistance of carbon FRP reinforced concrete beams, Magazine of Concrete Research, 2007
• Experimental testing of concrete beams reinforced with carbon FRP bars, Journal of Composite Materials, 2007
• Analytical Modelling of concrete beams reinforced with carbon FRP bars, Journal of Composite Materials, 2007
• The use of CFRP bars as reinforcing material Part 1: Experimental study, Proceedings of Eighth International Conference on Computational Structures Technology, 2006
Mr. Asad Ur Rehman
• MS (Software Engineering), PAF KIET
• BS(Computer Science), NED University
• MS (Applied Mathematics) NED UET
• BS (Applied Mathematics) University of Karachi
• Lecturer: DHA Suffa University (2018 September to 2021 October)
• Lecturer: Bahria Model College, Majeed SRE
Research Interests :
Computational Fluid Dynamics
Mr. Muhammad Atif Idrees
Mr. Muhammad Atif Idrees is doing his Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics from the University of Karachi and received his M.Phil. (Space Science) and M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics) degrees from the University of Karachi. He started his teaching career as a full-time faculty at National Textile University in November 2012-July 2016 as a Lecturer/Coordinator. He then joined DHA SUFFA University (DSU) as a Mathematics Senior Lecturer in the period August 2016-August 2019, then he joined Mohammad Ali Jinnah University in the period of September 2019- April 2022.
Currently, he is engaged at DHA SUFFA University (DSU) as a Mathematics Senior Lecturer in Basic Sciences Department. He is working and interested to do research in Data Analysis, Mathematical and statistical modeling, and Computational Mathematics.
• Simulation and modeling of maximum and minimum temperature of Karachi.
Journal of Natural Sciences Research ISSN (Paper) 2224-3186 ISSN (Online) 2225-0921 (HEC Y Category).
• Co-ordinated convex function and related Hermite Hadamard type inequalities. (Applied Mathematics E-Notes https://www.emis.de/journals/AMEN/) (HEC Y Category IF=0.58)
Engr. Syed Muhammad Khubaib
Senior Lecturer, Manager Research Operations and Development (ORIC)
• PhD (Energy and Power Engineering), Xi’an Jiaotong University, China (Pursuing)
• One-year Chinese Language
• MS (Mechanical), NUST
• BE (Mechanical), NUST
• Thermo-mechanical properties of mixtures
• Computational Fluid Mechanics
• Renewable Energy
• Water Treatment/Purification
• Experimental Investigation on Solubility and Viscosity of 1,1,1,2,3,3,3-Heptafluoropropane (R227ea) and Polyol Ester Oil (POE 22) Mixtures, Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data, 2022
• Steady state and transient thermal hydraulic analysis of PHWR using
COBRA-3C/RERTR. IJST, Transactions of Mechanical Engineering, 2014.
• Customized maintenance strategy to reduce the greenhouse gases emissions in domestic generators. 4th International Conference on Environmental Horizons, Karachi, 2016.
• Review of clean coal technologies for mitigation of carbon-footprint Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Environmental Horizons, Karachi, 2016.
• Experimental study on Thermophysical Properties of refrigerant lubricant mixture (density, solubility, viscosity) from September 2018 to January 2021
• Molecular dynamics simulation using LAMMPS
• Design and development of domestic portable floating roof biogas reactor.
• Research on design and transformation of solar EV.
• CFD study to study the spread of fire for fire risk assessment (FDS, smokeview)
• Numerical CFD study on coal gasification process for thar coal
• Numerical simulation of extrusion molding deformation
• National Engineering Robotics Competition (NERC)
• ASME human shelter Design Competition
• International Student Ambassador
• Won IPC-cultural exchange scholarship
• MS Software Engineering from PAF-KIET
• MS Information Technology from Hamdard University
• Bachelor’s in Science from Karachi University
• He is a full time Faculty member/Researcher in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science & Software Engineering. He has worked in Government & University level projects. He has a strong hold on academic related matters like NCEAC, PEC, CIEC etc. He has published 40 Research published papers in local & internationals journals/conferences.
Ms. Syeda Huma Jabeen
Mr. Azam Anwar Khan
Senior Lecturer & Program Manager, BBA
• MBA / M. Phil London
• BBA (Hons) London
Mr. Zahid Hussain
• MS(Computer Science), MAJU Karachi
• BS (Computer Science), Hamdard University
• Natural Language Processing
• Text Mining
• Machine Learning
• Machine Translation
• Fully Funded ICT Scholarship for Undergraduate Program
Engr. Muhammad Wajahat Rasool Arain
Lecturer & Manager Innovation and Commercialization ORIC
· MS in Mechanical Engineering- National University of Science and Technology(NUST), Karachi
· BSc in Mechanical Engineering-University of Wah, Wah Cantt.
· Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
· Combustion Flames & Emissions
· Maintenance, Reliability and Lubrication
· Muhammad Wajahat Rasool Arain, Asad A. Zaidi, Muhammad Asif,Muhammad Uzair, 2022, “Design and fabrication of catalytic converter with new material”, 11th International Mechanical Engineering Conference
Courses & Certifications:
· Professional Course on Computational Fluid Dynamics, NED-CCEE.
· HVAC Design & Drawing Analysis ,Skill Development Council, Karachi
· Pro-E Workshop ,ASME- WEC Chapter
· AutoCAD 2D/3D
· Industrial Equipment’s and Parts, Upkeep
• MS (Business Administration), Pakistan
• MBA (Finance), Pakistan
• BSc, Pakistan
Lecturer, DACB, DHA, Karachi
• Shabib ul Hasan and ErumFatima (2012),Social Networking Websites: Conduit for Women Entrepreneurs in Pakistan, International Journal of Computing and Corporate Research, 2 (5).
• Atif Hasan, Erum Fatima and Rizwana Bashir (2013), Social Media Marketing Opportunities and Threats for Young Entrepreneurs in Pakistan,international Journal of Management Sciences and Business Research,ISSN:2226-8235, Vol 2, No. 1, January 2013 Pg. 23-28.
• Recipient of Dr.Adbul Qadeer Khan Shield
• MBA (Human Resource), SZABIST, Karachi
• BBA, University of Karachi
• Human Resource Management
• Human Resource Information System
• Consumer Behavior
• Received Merit Scholarship on securing highest GPA in 2nd Semester of MBA at SZABIST
• Secured 2nd position in BBA
• Secured Merit Scholarship in all semesters of BBA and a place in the List of Honor
• MSC: Organizational Psychology and Human Resource, IoBM
• BBA Hons: Hamdard University
• Certified Remedial Therapist for Dyslexics: R.E.A.D (Diploma)
• Certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapist (online Oxford University in collaboration with PACT) (Diploma)
• M.Phil English, Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University Quetta
• B.S English, Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University Quetta
Technical Skill Set:
• Driven and determined, passionate
• Good communication skills
• A creative approach to new campaigns
• Good negotiating and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills
• Experience of curriculum designing and teaching
• Skills to conduct research, analyze results, and share findings
• A high standard of computer literacy, MS Office and familiarity with statistical packages (SPSS)
• A Study of Slave Psychology as a result of Slavery in the Context of “Color Puple”
• Women Objectification: A Post-Feminist Study of Neuromancer
• PhD. in Mass Communication: Enrolled in 2020 at University of Karachi (In progress)
• M.PHIL. in Mass Communication: 2020 from University of Karachi, with (Thesis and highest CGPA 3.73/4.0)
• M.PHIL Dissertation topic: Health risk communication of chronic diseases in the leading newspapers of Pakistan: A content analysis (January’17-December’17)
• Master of Arts in Mass Communication: 2016 from University of Karachi, with 2nd position (CGPA: 3.4/4.0)
• Master’s Dissertation: Survey on Addiction of Social Networking Websites in Youngsters.
• Bachelor (Honors) of Arts in Mass Communication: 2015 from University of Karachi, with 2nd position (CGPA: 3.0/4.0)
I have a strong research focus towards prevention and control of global diseases by strategic communication skills. Extremely motivated to deliver long term communication solutions for complex public health issues.
• Communication Sciences
• Strategic communication
• Risk Communication
• Media Literacy
• Health Literacy
• Development studies
• Statistical analysis of Salman Taseer and Mumtaz Qadri case coverage in Daily Express and Daily the Nation. Shafiq O, Kiran F. Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 2018; 14: 254-260
• Coverage of Honor Killing: A Content Analysis of English Language Newspapers of Pakistan. Kiran F. Journal of Mass Communication & Journalism. 2019; 8: 401. doi: 10.4172/2165-7912.1000401
• Assessing role of Newspapers in creating awareness of HIV/AIDS in Pakistan. Kiran F, Mahmood S. Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities. 2019; 58 : 215-226
International Conference on Media and Conflict
• Media and conflict research volume series 2019: War and peace journalism: A critical analysis of newspapers coverage on Operation Rah-e-Haq III and Rad-ul-Fasad in Pakistan.
NED UNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
Department of Humanities
Visiting Faculty, March 2020- October 2020
Teach course: Media Studies
• Redesign the complete course with more practical approach of learning.
UNIVERSITY OF KARACHI
Department of Mass Communication
Visiting Faculty, January 2019- December 2019
Teach courses: Elementary Journalism and Mass Communication, Mass Media and Society and Mass Media in the Modern World.
• Silent Epidemic, Social Injustice or Exaggerated Health Concern? Evaluating Newspaper Discourse in Infant Mortality and Public Health Policy Issues of Pakistan.
Symposium on International Media Conference on Role of Media in Poverty alleviation & Promoting Social Injustice, AMCAP-BUKC, Karachi, February 2020.
• War and peace journalism: A critical analysis of newspapers coverage on Operation Rah-e-Haq III and Rad-ul-Fasad in Pakistan.
Symposium on 1st International Conference on Media and Conflict, Pakistan peace collective project ministry of information and broadcasting Government of Pakistan, Islamabad, May, 2019.
Software: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Microsoft Outlook), SPSS, G Suite, OBS and Photoshop.
Engr. Muhammad Ibrahim Abbas
• ME (Water Resources Engineering), NED University
• BE (Civil Engineering), NED University
ME thesis Title “Regional Climate Model Evaluation for Lower Sindh”
• Urban drainage and sewer system design
• Climate Change impacts on water resources
• Hydrologic Modeling for effective watershed management
• Best management practices in reducing contaminant transport in drinking water bodies
Engr. Syeda Wafa Zehra Abidi
• M.E Transportation Engineering, NED University
• B.E Civil Engineering, NED University
Mr. Usman Khalil
• M.S. (Computer Science) , Hamdard University
• M.Sc. (Applied Physics), University of Karachi
• Wireless Sensor Networks
• Embedded Systems
• Khalil, U.; Javid, T. (2019) A Survey on Automatic Road Accident Detection. Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
• Khalil, U.; Nasir, A.; Khan, S, M.; Javid, T; Raza, S, A.; Siddiqui, A. Automatic Road Accident Detection using Ultrasonic Sensor. In International Multi Topic Conference (INMIC), IEEE, 2018.
• Khalil, U.; Javid, T.; Nasir, A. Automatic road accident detection techniques: A brief survey. In International Symposium on Wireless Systems and Networks (ISWSN), 2017, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2017.
● MSc (Automotive Engineering), International Islamic University Malaysia, Gombak.
● BE (Mechatronics), SZABIST, Karachi.
● Instrumentation & Control Engineer, MEC Pvt Ltd (Yokogawa Pakistan)
● Research Assistant, International Islamic University Malaysia
● Structural Mechanics
● Vehicle Dynamics
● Finite Element Analysis
● Khatri, N. A., Darsivan, F. J., Faris, W. F., & Ismail, A. F. (2020). Fatigue Life Study of Suspension Ball Joints on the Basis of Ride Quality. International Journal of Vehicle Noise and Vibration, 16(1/2), 69–84. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJVNV.2020.10034841
● Khatri, N. A., Darsivan, F. J., & Faris, W. F. (2019). Effect of Ride Quality on the Reaction Forces of a Lower Arm Ball Joint. 5th International Conference on Recent Advances in Automotive Engineering & Mobility Research (ReCAR).
● Khatri, N. A., Shaikh, H., Maher, Z. A., Shah, A., & Ahmed, S. F. (2018). A Review on Optimization of Vehicle Frontal Crashworthiness for Passenger Safety. International Journal of Engineering & Technology, 7, 1–4. https://doi.org/10.14419/ijet.v7i2.34.13894
● Rashied, Z., Hamees, M., Hassan, M. U., Hameed, S., & Khatri, N. A. (2016). Real Time Implementation of Robust PID Controller for Stabilization of Ball Balancing Beam. International Journal of Conceptions on Information Technology and Computing, 4(2), 6–9.
● Project Management Professional (PMP), IBA Karachi
● Control Valve Fundamentals for Sales Professionals – Baker Hughes
● Foundations for Implementing Root Cause Analysis – SAE International
● PMMI Mechatronics: Programmable Logic Controllers 1 – FATEK Automation Corporation
● Creative Problem Solving – University of Minnesota (Online)
● Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills – University of Michigan (Online)