• Bari, Khan, Lowe, Farooqi – Measurement of Thermal Diffusivity for Alumina Borosilicate Glass Bearing TRISO Fuel Particles_Experiment and Modelling Correlation – Journal of Materials Science – v48 n14 pp4866 2013
• Ali, Buckthorpe, Cheyene, Farooqi, Mummery – Comparative Study of Predictive Finite Element Methods for Mechanical Properties in 2D Woven Carbon/Carbon Composites, Advanced Materials Science – v59 pp116 2009
• Farooqi, Sheikh – Finite Element Modelling of Thermal Transport in Ceramic Matrix Composite – Computational Materials Science – v37 n3 pp361 2006
• Ali, Farooqi, Buckthorpe, Cheyene, Mummery – Comparative Study of Predictive FE Methods for Mechanical Properties of Nuclear Composites – Journal of Nuclear Materials – n3 v383 pp247 2009
• Khan, Al-Sulaiman, Farooqi, Younas – Fatigue Life Predictions in Woven Carbon Fabric/Polyester Composites based on Modulus Degradation – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – n5 v20 pp377 2001
• Khan, Al-Sulaiman, Farooqi – Fatigue Damage Characterization in Plain-Weave Carbon-Carbon Fabric Reinforced Plastic Composites – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – n15 v17 pp1320 1998
• Mokheimer, Antar, Farooqi, Zubair – Analytical and Numerical Solution along with PC Spread-sheet Modeling for a Composite Fin – Heat and Mass Transfer – n4 v32 pp229 1997
• HEC Approved Supervisor
• PhD (Management Sciences), UoK
• MBA (Marketing)
• MA (Economics)
• Languages: English, Arabic and Persian.
• Editor: Two Research Journals.
• Research Areas: Management, Marketing, Economics, HRM, Philosophy
• Member of Centre for Business and Economic Research (CBER), 79th College Road, Harrow, HA1 1BD, London, United Kingdom
• Member National Curriculum Review Committee, HEC, Pakistan
• Has been Head of a Business School, Principal of a Technology Institute, HoD Humanities and Social Science Department, Head of Management Sciences Department, Associate Dean of Management Sciences and Head of Campus of a University.
• Books Authored: 5 (Management: Evolution and Application in Our Environments, Organisational Performance Excellence and Quality Management: Dilemma of the Third World, Managing Constraints: Psycho Social Complexities of Pakistan, Management Evolution and Application in Underdeveloped and Developing Societies, 2nd edition and Belt and Road Initiative in Global Context (One Chapter)
• Research and Conference Papers: 89 (in all concerned areas of interest)
Engr. Dr. Haider Ali
Associate Professor & HOD(ME)
• HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
• PhD (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
• ME (Mechanical Engineering, Energy Systems)
• NED University of Engineering and Technology
• BE (Mechanical) NED University of Engineering and Technology
• Renewable Energy
• Thermoelectric Generator
• Micro and Nano Scale Energy Transport
Research Projects (Ongoing and Completed):
• Thermal Performance of a Thermoelectric Generator
• Design Optimization of Thermoelectric Generators for Waste Heat Extraction
• Phonon transport across thin films in relation to thermoelectric applications
• Dust & Water Repellent Surfaces for Solar PV & Concentrated Solar Application in Desert Environments
• Yilbas B.S., Mansoor S.B., Ali H., Heat transport in micro and nanoscale thin films, Elsevier, September 2017.
• Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Self-Cleaning of Surfaces and Water Droplet Mobility, Elsevier, May 2019.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Yousaf R., Al-Sharafi A., Hydrophobic Materials, Comprehensive Energy System, Elsevier, 2017. DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-809597-3.00253-4
• Tahir F., Baloch A., Ali H., Resilience of Desalination Plants for Sustainable Water Supply in Middle East, Sustainability Perspectives: Science, Policy and Practice, Springer, 2020. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-19550-2_15.
• Tahir F., Ali H., Baloch A., Jamil Y., Performance Analysis of Air and Oxy-Fuel Laminar Combustion in a Porous Plate Reactor, Energies Vol 12(9), pp. 1706, 2019.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Configuration of Segmented Leg for the Enhanced Performance of Segmented Thermoelectric Generator, International Journal of Energy Research, Vol. 41(2), pp. 274-288, 2017.
• Yilbas B.S., Hassan G., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Al-Sarkhi A., Water droplet dynamics on a hydrophobic surface in relation to the self-cleaning of environmental dust, Nature Scientific Reports, p. 2984, 2018.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi A., Thermal disturbance of thin films pair: cross-plane thermal energy transfer, The Journal of Computational and Theoretical Transport, in press, 2018.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Crossplane phonon transport and thermal boundary resistance across thin films pair, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, DOI: 10.2514/1.T5476, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Karatas C., Laser fabricated tungsten oxide surface for solar energy harvesting and dust effects, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 191, pp. 190-198, 2019.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., H.Al-Qahtani H., Laser processing of Ti6Al4V alloy: wetting state of surface and environmental dust effects, Heliyon, Vol. 5, e01211, 2019.
• Abu-Dheir N., Rifai A., Yilbas B.S., Yousaf M.R., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Khaled M., Al-Aqeeli N., Sol-gel coating of colloidal particles deposited glass surface pertinent to self-cleaning applications, Progress in Organic Coatings, Vol. 127, pp. 202-210, 2019.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Karatas C., Al-Sharafi A., Laser texturing of Inconel 718 alloy surface: Influence of environmental dust in humid air ambient, Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 108, pp. 346-354, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., The Influence of Environmental Dust in Humid Ambient Air on Laser Surface Treated Carbide Cutting Tools, Lasers in Engineering, in press, 2019.
• Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Heating of a water droplet on inclined transparent polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) surface, Heat and Mass Transfer, in press, 2019.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Laser gas assisted nitriding and characterization of tungsten surface, Optics & Laser Technolgy, Vol. 107, pp. 274-280, 2018.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., A Water Droplet Pinning and Heat Transfer Characteristics on an Inclined Hydrophobic Surface, Nature Scientific Reports, 10.1038/s41598-018-21511-w, 2018.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Heat and flow analysis of a water droplet on hydrophobic and hydrophilic phase change material, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 122, pp. 749-764, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ibrahim A., Ali H., Khaled M., Loaui T., Hydrophobic and optical characteristics of graphene and graphene oxide films transferred onto functionalized silica particles deposited glass surface, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 442, pp. 213-223, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Aqeeli N., Droplet dynamics on a hydrophobic surface coated with N-octadecane phase change material, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Vol. 546, pp. 28-39, 2018.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Droplet heat transfer on micro-post arrays with hydrophobic and hydrophilic characteristics, ASME, J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 140, p. 072402, 2017
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Sulaiman F., C. Karatas, Effect of environmental dust particles on laser textured yttria-stabilized zirconia surface in humid air ambient Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 101, pp. 388-396, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Aqeeli N., Reversible exchange of wetting state of a hydrophobic surface via phase change material coating, RSC Advance, Vol. 8, pp. 938-947, 2018.
• Yousf M.R., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Assessment of optical transmittance of oil impregnated and non-wetted surfaces in outdoor environment towards solar energy harvesting, Solar Energy, Vol. 163, pp. 25-31, 2018.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi A., Innovative design of a thermoelectric generator with extended and segmented pin configurations, Applied Energy, Vol. 187, pp. 367-379, 2017.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Thermal characteristics and phonon transport in diamond and silicon thin films, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 31(1), pp. 56-68, 2017. (DOI: 10.2514/1.T4671)
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Innovative design of a thermoelectric generator of extended legs with tapering and segmented pin configuration: thermal performance analysis, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 123, pp. 74-91, 2017.
• Yilbas B. S., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Dynamics of water droplet on hydrophobic inclined surface: influence of droplet size and surface inclination angle on droplet rolling, RSC Advance, Vol. 7, pp. 48806-48818, 2017. (DOI: 10.1039/C7RA09345D)
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Aqeeli N., Laser gas assisted texturing and formation of nitride and oxynitride compounds on alumina surface: surface response to environmental dust, Optics and Laser in Engineering, Vol. 102, pp, 1-9, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., F. Al-Sulaiman, H. Al-Qahtani, Effect of mud drying temperature on surface characteristics of a polycarbonate PV protective cover, Solar Energy, Vol. 143, pp. 63-72, 2017.
• Yilbas B.S., Ibrahim A., Ali H., Khaled M., Laoui T., Effect of graphene film on laser textured alumina surface characteristics, Ceramics International, Vol. 43, pp. 2012-2021, 2017.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon transport across multi-layered structure subjected to laser short irradiation pulse, Optical and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 49(1), p. 9, 2017.
• Yilbas B. S., H. Ghassan, Ali H., Al-Sulaiman F., Environmental dust effects on aluminum surfaces in humid air ambient, Nature Scientific Reports, Vol. 7, p.45999, 2017.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B. S., Ali H., Heat transfer and fluid flow characteristics in a sessile droplet on oil impregnated surface under thermal disturbance, ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 139(9), p. 092004, 2017. (DOI: 10.1115/1.4036388)
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Aqeeli N., Environmental mud adhesion on optical glass surface: effect of mud drying temperature on surface properties, Solar Energy, Vol. 150, pp. 73-82, 2017.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B. S., Ali H., Water droplet adhesion on hydrophobic surfaces: influence of droplet size and inclination angle of surface on adhesion force, ASME Journal of Fluid Engineering, Vol. 138(8), p. 081302, 2017.
• H. Ghassan, Yilbas B. S., Samad M.A.. Ali H., Al-Sulaiman F., Al-Aqeeli N., Analysis of environmental dust and mud adhesion on aluminum surfaces in relation to solar energy harvesting, Solar Energy, Vol. 153, pp. 590–599, 2017.
• Yilbas B.S., Yousaf R., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Al-Sulaiman F., Abu-Dheir N., Khaled M., Al-Aqeeli N., Silicone oil impregnated nanosilica modified glass surface and influence of environmental dust particles on optical transmittance, RSC Advances, Vol. 7(47), pp. 29762-29771, 2017.
• Shuja S.Z., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser Heating of a Steel Based Metal Matrix Composite: Influence of Laser Pulse Parameter and Particle Number Density on Melt Pool Size, Laser in Engineering, in press, 2017.
• Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Sahin A. Z., Al-Aqeeli N., Al-Sulaiman F., Khaled M., Flow and Heat Transfer in a Droplet Located on a Superhydrophobic Surface, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Vol. 121, pp. 213-227, 2017.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Aqeeli N., Abu-Dheir N., Al-Sulaiman F., Khaled M., Characteristics of solar selective absorber surface subjected to environmental dust in humid air ambient, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 172, pp. 186-194, 2017.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi A., Thermal transport in thin dielectric films with minute size aluminum dot in relation to microelectronics, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 127, pp. 1025-1035, 2017.
• Ali D., Yilbas B.S., Pirim H., Ali H. Texture analysis of crystallized hydrophobic polycarbonate and polydimethylsiloxane surfaces using persistent homology, Coating, 10.3390/coatings7090139, 2017.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Water droplet mobility on a hydrophobic surface under a thermal radiative heating, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 128, pp. 92-106, 2018.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi, A Segmented thermoelectric generator: exponential area variation in leg, International Journal of Energy Research, Vol. 42, pp. 477-489, 2017.
• Shuja S.Z., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser Heating of a Moving Slab: Influence of Duty Cycle and Irradiated Spot Diameter on Temperature Field, Laser in Engineering, in press, 2017.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon cross-plane transport and thermal boundary resistance: effect of heat source size and thermal boundary resistance on phonon characteristics, Continuum Mechanics and Thermodynamics, Vol. 28, pp. 1373-1393, 2016.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Sahin A.Z., Ali H., Flow Field inside a sessile droplet on a hydrophobic surface in relation to self cleaning applications of dust particles, ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 139(4), p. 042003, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Salhi B., Rizwan M., Al-Sulaiman F., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Surface characteristics of silicon nanowires/nanowalls subjected to octadecyltrichlorosilane deposition and noctadecane coating, Nature Scientific Reports, Vol. 6, p.38678, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Khaled, Al-Aqeeli N., Al-Sulaiman F., Laser gas assisted texturing of alumina surfaces and effects of environmental dry mud solution on surface characteristics, Ceramics International, Vol. 24(1-A), pp. 396-404, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser texturing of Hastelloy C276 alloy surface for improved hydrophobicity and friction coefficient, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 78, pp. 140-147, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Karatas C., Laser gas assisted treatment of Ti-alloy: Analysis of surface characteristics, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 78, Part B, pp. 159-166, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Karatas C., Laser treatment of Inconel 718 alloy and surface characteristics, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 78, Part B, pp. 153-158, 2016.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Dweik A. Y., Non-equilibrium energy transport and entropy production due to laser short-pulse irradiation, Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 94(1), pp. 130-138, 2016.
• Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Sahin A.Z., Khaled M. M., Al-Aqeeli N., Al-Sulaiman F., Influence of thermalcapillary and buoyant forces on flow characteristics in a droplet on a hydrophobic surface, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Vol. 102, pp. 239-253, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Abu-Dheir N., Khaled M. M., Influence of mud residues on solvent induced crystalized polycarbonate surface used as PV protective cover, Solar Energy, Vol. 125, pp. 282-293, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Akhtar S.S., Karatas C, Ali H., Boran K., Khaled M., Al-Aqeeli N., Aleem B.J. A., Laser Treatment of Aluminum Composite and Investigation of Thermal Stress Field, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 86(9), pp. 3547-3561, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Oubaha M.M., Khaled M., Abu-Dheir N., Laser gas assisted nitriding and sol-gel coating of alumina surfaces: effect of environmental dust on surfaces, Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 289, pp. 11-22, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Khaled M., Abu-Dheir N., Varanasi K. K., Solvent induced crystallization of a polycarbonate surface and texture copying by PDMS towards improved surface hydrophobicity, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 133(22), p. 43467, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Rizwan M., Kassas M., Laser treatment of a neodymium magnet and analysis of surface characteristics, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 82, pp. 191-198, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Khaled M., Abu-Dheir N., Varanasi K. K., Characterization of environmental dust in the Dammam area and mud after-effects on bisphenol-a polycarbonate sheets, Nature Scientific Reports, Vol. 6, p. 24308, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Bhushan B., Ali H., Askandarani A., Coating of Nanocrystalline metallic wires on steel substrate: Mechanical characteristics of coating layer, Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly, Vol. 55(3), pp. 295-302, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Ballistic Phonon and Thermal Radiation Transport across a Minute Vacuum Gap in Between Aluminum and Silicon Thin Films: Effect of Laser Repetitive Pulses on Transport Characteristics, Physica B, Vol. 495, pp. 21-34, 2016.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Sulaiman F., Segmented Thermoelectric Generator: Influence of Pin Shape Configuration on the Device Performance, Energy, Vol. 111, pp. 439-452, 2016.
• Rizwan M., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Replication of Laser Textured Alumina Surfaces by PDMS: Improvement of Surface Hydrophobicity, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 133(41), p. 44015, 2016. (DOI: 10.1002/APP.44015)
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Thermal transport across a thin silicon films pair with presence of minute vacuum gap: effect of film thickness on thermal characteristics, Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 94(9), pp. 933-944, 2016.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Energy Transport across the thin films pair with presence of minute vacuum gap at interface, Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics, 2016. (DOI: 10.1515/jnet-2016-0030)
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Sahin A.Z., Ali H., Al-Qahtani H., Heat transfer characteristics and internal fluidity of a sessile droplet on hydrophilic and hydrophobic surfaces, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 108, pp. 628-640, 2016.
• Shuja S.Z., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Karatas C., Laser pulse heating of steel mixing with WC particles in a irradiated region, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 86, pp. 126-135, 2016.
• A. Al-Sharafi, Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Sahin A.Z., Internal fluidity of a sessile droplet with presence of particles on hydrophobic surface, Numerical Heat Transfer: Part A, Vol. 70(10), pp. 1118-1140, 2016.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Influence of pin material configurations on thermoelectric generator performance, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 129, pp. 157-167, 2016.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon transport in a silicon film with the presence of an aluminum dot in the film, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Transport, Vol. 44, pp. 254-279, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon transport in a thin film due to temperature oscillation at the film edge, International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, Vol. 16(7-8), pp. 315-324, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Sahin A.Z., Exergy analysis of a thermoelectric power generator: influence of bi-tapered pin geometry on device characteristics, Int. J. Exergy, Vol. 16(1), pp. 53-71, 2015.
• Ali H., Mansoor S.B., Yilbas B.S., Thermal characteristics of an aluminum thin film due to temperature disturbance at film edges, Journal of Thermophysics, Vol. 36, pp. 157-182, 2015.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Khaled M. M., Al-Aqeeli N., Abu-Dheir N., Varanasi K. K., Influence of dust and mud on optical, chemical and mechanical properties of PV protective glass, Nature Scientific Reports, Vol. 5, p. 15833, 2015.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Khaled M., Al-Aqeeli N., Abu-Dheir N., Varanasi K. K., Characteristics of laser textured silicon surface and effect of mud adhesion on hydrophobicity, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 351, pp. 880-888, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon transport in silicon-diamond thin film pairs: consideration of thermal boundary Resistance due to cut-off mismatch and diffusive mismatch models, Numerical Heat Transfer, Part A: Applications, Vol. 68, pp. 1307-1330, 2015.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Thermoelectric generator performance analysis: Influence of pin tapering on the first and second law efficiencies, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 100, pp. 138-146, 2015.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Closed form solution for temperature rise in a two-layer assembly during laser step input pulse heating consideration of convection cooling at surface, Laser in Engineering, Vol. 32(3-4), pp. 241-261, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon transport characteristics across the silicon thin films pair: presence of a gap in between the film, Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics, Vol. 40(3), pp. 153-170, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Transient effects of temperature disturbance on phonon characteristics in thin diamond film, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Transport, Vol. 44(3), pp. 119-140, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Energy transport across thin silicon-diamond films pair with minute vacuum gap at the interface, Optical and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 48(8), pp. 2821-2841, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Effect of film thickness on thermal transport characteristics in Aluminum thin film, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 29(4), pp. 711-724, 2015.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser treatment of alumina surface with chemically distinct carbide particles, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 64, pp. 1-6, 2014.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Entropy generation in silicon thin film: influence of film thickness on entropy generation rate, Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics, Vol. 39 (3), pp. 147-158, 2014.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Effect of temperature oscillation on thermal characteristics of an aluminum thin film, Applied Physics A, Vol. 117(4), pp. 2143–2158, 2014.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Dweik A. Y., Thermal Stress Analysis and Entropy Generation Rate Due to Laser Short Pulse Heating of a metallic surface, Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 92(12), pp. 1681-1687, 2014.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Influence of heat source size and film thickness on phonon transport in a two-dimensional thin film, Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics, Vol. 39 (2), pp. 79-91, 2014.
• Ali H., Sahin A.Z., Yilbas B.S., Thermodynamic analysis of a thermoelectric power generator in relation to geometric configuration device pins, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 78, pp. 634-640, 2014.
• Ali H., and Gandhidasan P., Performance Evaluation of Photovoltaic String with Compound Parabolic Concentrator, International Conference on Energy and Environment Research (ICEER 2014), July 18-19, Madrid, Spain.
• Tahir F., Ali H., Baloch AB, Transient Analysis of Air Bubble Rise in Stagnant Water Column Using CFD, Eleven International Conference on Thermal Engineering: Theory and Applications, February 25-28, 2018, Doha, Qatar.
• Tahir F., Ali H., Baloch AB, Analysis of steam reforming of methane integrated with solar central receiver system, Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference Proceedings 2018: EEPD969 DOI: 10.5339/qfarc.2018.EEPD969.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser ablation method for treating a copper alloy containing metallic surface and increasing hydrophobicity, US 20170014946 A1
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser ablation method for treating a zirconia containing ceramic surface, US9708225 B2
Dr. Muhammad Rizwan Tanweer
Assistant Professor & HOD(CS) BS (Computer Science)
• PhD (Computer Science and Engineering), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
• MSc (Computer Control and Automation), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
• BE (Computer Systems Engineering), Hamdard University, Karachi
• Evolutionary Computation – Human and Nature inspired optimization algorithms
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Data Analytics
• Control and optimization
• Modeling and Simulation
• Embedded Systems / Real Time Systems
• M. R. Tanweer, S. Suresh and N. Sundararajan, “Self Regulating particle swarm optimization algorithm.” Information Sciences, vol. 294, 2015, pp. 182–202. (IF: 5.910)
• M. R. Tanweer, S. Suresh and N. Sundararajan, “Dynamic Mentoring and Self-Regulation based Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm for solving Complex Real-world Optimization Problems.” Information Sciences. vol. 326, 2016, pp. 1–24. (IF: 5.910)
• M. R. Tanweer, R. Auditya, S. Suresh, N. Sundararajan and N. Srikanth, “Directionally Driven Self Regulating particle swarm optimization algorithm.” Swarm and Evolutionary Computation. Vol. 28, 2016, pp. 98-116. (IF: 6.912)
• Tayyab Ahmed Shaikh, Syed Sajjad Hussain M. Rizwan Tanweer, Manzoor Ahmed Hashmani. “Broadening Selection Competitive Constraint Handling Algorithm for Faster Convergence” Journal of Information Science and Engineering, Vol. 36 – 6, 2020, pp. 1293 – 1314. (IF: 0.541)
• Rashid Ali, Dil Nawaz Hakro, M.R. Tanweer, Amjad Ali Kmboh, “ Simulation based Vehicle to Vehicle and base station communication”, IEEE ICISCT’19, 2019
• M. R. Tanweer, S. Suresh, and N. Sundararajan, “Development of a Higher Order Cognitive Optimization Algorithm,” In IEEE Cong. on Evolutionary Computation, 2017, pp. 1 – 6
• M. R. Tanweer, Abdullah Al-Dujaili, and Sundaram Suresh. “Multi-Objective Self Regulating Particle Swarm Optimization algorithm for BMOBench platform.” In IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (IEEE SSCI), 2016, pp. 1-6
• M. R. Tanweer, S. Suresh, and N. Sundararajan, “Improved SRPSO algorithm for solving CEC2015 computationally expensive numerical optimization problems,” In IEEE Cong. on Evolutionary Computation, 2015, pp. 1 –8
• M. R. Tanweer, S. Suresh, and N. Sundararajan, “Mentoring based Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm,” In IEEE Cong. on Evolutionary Computation, 2015, pp. 1–8
• M. R. Tanweer and S. Suresh, “Human cognition inspired particle swarm optimization algorithm.” In IEEE 9th Int. Conf. on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing, pages 1–6, 2014
• PhD (Energy Markets) Hanyang University, South Korea
• BE Electrical Engineering NED University, Karachi
• Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering, DHA Suffa University, Jan 2018-till date
• Researcher, Connected Smart Systems Lab, South Korea, Sept 2012-Dec 2017
• Energy Markets
• Demand Response/Demand Side management
• Substation Automation
Research Projects :
• Development of Industrial Communication-IoT Gateway, supported by GRRC
• IoT/CPS based Factory Energy Management System, supported by GRRC
• Integration of user facilities and smart grid using USN, Hanyang University
• Bizzat Hussain Zaidi and Seung Ho Hong Combinatorial Double Auctions for Multiple Microgrid Trading Electrical Engineering (2017)
• Bizzat Hussain Zaidi, Seung Ho Hong and Daehyun Kwon, Communication architecture for monitoring of HVDC System based on IEC 61850, Electric Power Quality and Supply Reliablity, Estonia, 2016
• PhD (Chemistry) H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry, University of Karachi
• MSc. (Applied Chemistry) University of Karachi
• Natural Product Chemistry
• Drug Development
1. Ahmed,R.; Zafar,S.; Li,B.; Peng,C.; Zhang,W.; Peng,Q.; Qin,Y.; Wang, W. Analytical Methods for the Quality Control of Saffron.(manuscript in process).
2. Xie,Q.; Haung,J.; Ahmed,R.; Chen,Y.; Zhang,X.; Xiao,H.; Choudhary,M.I.;Wang,W. An Analytical Approach for the Quality Control of Jianpi Jiedu Recipe by UHPLC-ESI-MS/MS (in process).
3. Zafar,S.; Rahman,IU.;Khan,A; Ahmed,R. Adsorption of Organic Dyes on Non-conventional and Inexpensive Adsorbent, (Submitted).
4. Xiao,H.; Huang,J.; Zhang,X.; Ahmed,R.; Xie,Q.; Li,B.; Zhu,Y.; Cai,X.; Peng,Q.; Qin,Y.; Huang,H.; Wang,W. Identification of Potential Diagnostic Biomarkers of Acute Pancreatitis by Serum Metabolomic Profiles. Pancreatology 2017, 17(4), 543-549, Impact factor 2.724.
5. Zafar,S.; Ahmed,R.; Khan,R. Biotransformation: A Green and Efficient Way of Antioxidant Synthesis. Free Radical Research. 2016, 50(9), 939-948, Impact factor 2.949.
6. Ahmed,R.; Wang,Y.; Ali,Z.; Smillie,T.J.; Khan,I.A.HPLC Method for Chemical Fingerprinting of Guggul (Commiphora wightii) – Quantification of E- and Z-Guggulsterones, and Detection of Possible Adulterants. Planta Medica. 2016, 82(4), 356-61. Impact factor 2.152.
7. Ahmed,R.; Ali,Z.; Wu,Y.; Kulkarni,S.; Avery,M. A.; Choudhary,M.I.; Rahman, AU.; Khan,I.A. Chemical Characterization of a commercial Commiphora wightii Resin Sample and Chemical Profiling to Assess for Authenticity. Planta Medica. 2011 Jun; 77(9):945-50, Impact factor 2.152.
8. Yousuf,S.; Ahmed,R.; Ali,Z.; Choudhary,M.I.; Ng,S. W. (20S)-20-Acetoxy-4-pregnene-3, 16-dione from Commiphora wightii. Acta Crystallographia. 2010, 66(Pt 12), Impact factor 0.347.
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D., (2019). Activity-based model for medium-sized cities considering external activity-travel: Enhancing FEATHERS framework. Future Generation Computer Systems. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2019.01.055 Impact Factor: 4.64
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D., (2019). A Comprehensive Modeling Framework to Integrate External Trips in a Travel Demand Model. Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CP.1943-5487.0000817 Impact Factor: 2.30
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M. and Bellemans, T., (2018). Modeling External Trips: Review of Past Studies and Directions for Way Forward. Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems, 144(9). Available at: http://ascelibrary.org/doi/10.1061/JTEPBS.0000179. Impact Factor: 0.90
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Knapen, L., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D. (2018) ‘Modelling Distribution of External–Internal Trips and Its Intra-region and Inter-region Transferability’, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, accepted, doi: 10.1007/s13369-018-3482-x. Impact Factor: 1.09
Hussain I.; Khan M.A.; Baqueri S.F.A., Shah, S.A.R., Bashir, M.K., Khan, M.M., Khan, I.A., (2017). An Organizational-Based Model and Agent-Based Simulation for Co-Traveling at an Aggregate Level. Applied Sciences, 7(12), p.1221. Available at: http://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/7/12/1221. Impact Factor: 1.689
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., and Ali M. S., (2019) ‘Potential Of Integrated Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) System In Motorcycle Dominant Cities’, in 10th International Civil Engineering Conference Karachi, Pakistan
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Kochan, B. and Bellemans, T. (2018) ‘Modeling residents external activity-travel in an activity-based model using FEATHERS’, in hEART Conference, Athens, Greece
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Knapen, L. and Bellemans, T. (2017) ‘Modelling External-Internal Trips at Traffic Analysis Zones Using Open-Source Data’, in Young Researchers Seminar. Berlin, Germany
Baqueri, S.F.A., Lee W. D., Knapen L., Bellemans T., Janssens D., Wetz G., 2016. Estimating Incoming Cross-border Trips Through Land Use data Resources – A Case of Karachi City, The 7th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2016), Madrid, Spain
Baqueri, S.F.A., Ectors W., Ali M. S., Janssens D., 2016. Estimation of Value of Time for a Congested Network – A case study of the National Highway, Karachi, The 7th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2016) Madrid, Spain
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Baqueri S.F.A., 2015. Toll Estimation as a function of Time-Dependent Link Cost, vehicle category and distance– A Case Study for Karachi, The 14th International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Engineering, February 24-25, Tehran, Iran
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Noman S.M., Baqueri, S.F.A., 2013. Estimation of Traffic Congestion Cost-A Case Study of a Major Arterial in Karachi”, IEDC 2013, 4th International Symposium on Infrastructure Engineering on Developing Countries, December 26-28, Karachi, Pakistan (Elsevier Journal)
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Baqueri S.F.A., 2012. “Development of a Socio-Economic Zoning System of the Karachi Metropolis for Effective Transportation Planning”, AWAM international Conference of Civil Engineering (AICCE), August 2012, Malaysia
Assistant Professor & Program Manager, Postgraduate Programs (PGP)
• HEC Approved Supervisor
Usman Ahmad (PhD) earned his doctorate degree from School of Economics, Finance and Banking, Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) which is a AACSB accredited QS ranked university. He has diverse industrial experience at renowned Multinational Companies like British American Tobacco and Philips Malaysia.
In the field of research, he has worked on Malaysian Public Private Partnership (PPP) Projects. He conducted research on Risk, Risk Management and Critical Success Factors for Malaysian PPP projects. He has developed two constructs by using Mixed Method Research and conducted Risk Profiling for PPP projects. Prime Minister PPP Department Malaysia and Ministry of Works Malaysia awarded him Certificates of Appreciations for his research work.
PUBLICATION – ISI AND SCOPUS INDEX
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y. B., & Bakar, A. B. A. (2018). Malaysian Public Private Partnership. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, 22, 1-6
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y. B., & Bakar, A. B. A. (2018). Malaysian Public Private Partnership: Project Success Definition. International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 7(3.30), 33-37
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y., & Minai, M. S. (2018). Malaysian Public Private Partnerships: Risk Management in Build, Lease, Maintain and Transfer Projects. Cogent Business & Management, 5
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y., & & Bakar, A. B. A. (2018). Risk Management in the Malaysian Public Private Partnership Projects. Jurnal Pengurusan, 54
PUBLICATION – PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y., & Minai, M. S. (2017). Public private partnership in Malaysia: The differences in perceptions on the criticality of risk factors and allocation of risks between the private and public sectors. International Review of Management and Marketing, 7(2), 138-150
Dr. Razi Sultan Siddiqui
Assistant Professor & Program Manager, BS (Psychology)
Dr. Razi Sultan Siddqui, is a dynamic Corporate Trainer, Motivational Speaker, Entrepreneur, Consultant, Analyst and Senior Academician. He has a marvelous combination of educational qualification of psychology and business studies having the degrees of bachelor and master’s in Psychology and MBA and MS in Management Sciences. Backed by the vast experience of 22 years in academic and non-academic organizations at various positions. He is currently associated as an Assistant Professor with DHA Suffa University since its inception and has Excellence in Teaching Award 2012 in his credit.
He is also publishing in various journals of National and International repute including Psychological Science, Evolution and Human Behavior, Scientific Reports and International Journal of Psychology published by world renowned publishing organizations including SAGE, ELSVIER, Nature Research and Wiley-Blackwell publishers. Razi collaboratively conducts and participate in various research activities that provide insight to resolve individual, gender, family, organizational and community based issues. In 2016, he founded a consultancy firm that offer various forms of research-based support for educators and caregivers.
His primary interest relates to Organizational Psychology, Consumer Behavior, Educational Psychology, Health Psychology, Family Psychology, and Psychological Testing. His areas of interest in research are gender differences, perceived social support, psychological distress, depression, anxiety, stress, marital relations, self-esteem, suicide risk, emotional intelligence, job satisfaction, employees’ turnover. He has also experience of training to the managers of the pharmaceutical industry, teachers and students of various private and public institutions and organizations. Some of the training topics that he addresses in his workshops which include gender, individual differences, leadership, team building, conflict management, stress management and self-esteem.
He is active as a psychotherapist and provides counseling sessions. His strong passion in human research and behavioral study made him realize the reality to create a niche consistently.
• Ph.D. (Psychology) University of Karachi, Karachi
• MS (Management Sciences), SZABIST, Karachi
• MBA (Human Resources and Marketing), University of Sindh, Pakistan
• MSc (Industrial Psychology), University of Sindh, Pakistan
• BSc (Hons) Psychology, University of Sindh, Pakistan
1- Sorokowska, A., Saluja, S., Sorokowski, P., Frąckowiak, T., Karwowski, M., Aavik, T., Siddiqui, R.S., … & Croy, I. (2021). Affective Interpersonal Touch in Close Relationships: A Cross-Cultural Perspective. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 0146167220988373. (Impact Factor: 2.961)
2- Walter, K. V., Conroy-Beam, D., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Sorokowski, P., Siddiqui, R. S., … Zupančič, M. (2020). Sex Differences in Mate Preferences Across 45 Countries: A Large-Scale Replication. Psychological Science. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956797620904154(Impact Factor: 4.902)
3- Siddiqui, R. S., Jahangir, A. A., & Hassan, A. (2019). Gender Differences on Perceived Social Support and Psychological Distress among University Students. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies, 9(2), 210–223
4- Conroy-beam, D., Roney, J. R., Lukaszewski, A. W., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Siddiqui, R. S.,… Zupančič, M. (2019). Assortative mating and the evolution of desirability covariation. Evolution and Human Behavior,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.evolhumbehav.2019.06.003(Impact Factor: 2.959)
5- Conroy-Beam, D., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Sorokowski, P., Aavik, T., Siddiqui, R. S., … Zupančič, M. (2019). Contrasting Computational Models of Mate Preference Integration Across 45 Countries. Scientific Reports,9(1). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-52748-8(Impact Factor: 3.998)
6- Krys, K., Capaldi, C. A., van Tilburg, W., Lipp, O. V., Bond, M. H., Vauclair, M., Siddiqui, R. S., …, Ahmed, R. A., (2017) Catching up with wonderful women: The women-are-wonderful effect is smaller in more gender egalitarian societies. International Journal of Psychology.http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ijop.12420(Impact Factor: 1.867)
7- Rizwan, M., Malik, S., Malik, J. N., & Siddiqui, S. R. (2017) Urdu Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale: An Analysis of Reliability and Validity in Pakistan. Social Int J. 1(2): 00010. DOI: 10.15406/sij.2017.01.00010.
8- Rizwan, M., Siddiqui, R. S., & Ali. (2017). Suicide Risk Potential: A Comparison of Psychiatric Patients and Normal Controls in Pakistan. Psychol Behav Sci Int J. 6(2): 555685. DOI: 10.19080/PBSIJ.2017.06.555685.
9- Siddiqui, R. S., Hassan, A., & Syed, N. A., (2013) Impact of Emotional Intelligence on Employees Turnover Rate in FMCG Organizations Pakistan Journal of Commerce and Social Sciences ISSN: 1997-8553 Vol. 7, No. 2.
10- Siddiqui, R. S., & Hassan, A., (2012) Relationship between Job Satisfaction and Employee Turnover Intention Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies ISSN: 2219-6145 Vol. 2, Issue 1, 2012.
11- Siddiqui, R. S., Shah, I,. (2012) A Gender based Comparison Between Married and Unmarried Young Adults International Research Journal of Arts & Humanities ISSN: 1016-9342 Vol. 40, No. 40.
Assistant Professor & Program Manager, BS (English)
• Recipient of Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal. National Youth Award for English Literature by Ministry of Youth Affairs, Young Achiever Award by Ministry of Culture. Holds a PhD in European Studies, her major being English Literature and Linguistics. Has completed MPhil Course Study in English literature, another MPhil Course Study in European Studies.
Holds a Masters in English Literature, and another Masters in Linguistics. She is an English poet and a writer.
• PhD European Studies, 2019: Area Study Centre for Europe, University of Karachi. CGPA: 3.9
• MPhil: Area Study Centre for Europe University of Karachi. Completed MPhil Course Study in European Studies with distinction securing 3.8 GPA in 2012.
• MPhil: Punjab University, Lahore. Completed M Phil Course Study in the subject of English Literature with distinction.
• Masters: Government College University, Lahore. Masters in English Literature with distinction and Roll of Honour.
• Masters: University of Karachi. Masters in Linguistics, 1st Division, 2009.
• Bachelors (Gold Medalist): Lahore College for Women University, Lahore. Bachelors in English Literature with distinction, securing Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal Division: 1st
• Sarah Syed Kazmi’s anthology of poems titled “Inscapes” has been published in July 2021
• Sarah Syed Kazmi translated an Urdu Naat anthology in English, titled “Reverence unto His Feet”, published by the Naat Research Centre Leeds, United Kingdom in August 2009
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Appropriation of the Subliminal and Alchemical Elements of Waiting in Rumi: A Metaphysical Perspective.” Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol.37 No.2: (July 2021): 51-63
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Ethno-Linguistic Divide in Belgium: Postcolonial Readings”. Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol. 31 No. 1: Journal of European Studies (July 2015): 81-99
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Reworking of Antigone by Jean Anouilh”. Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol. 31 No. 2: Journal of European Studies (July 2015): 141-158
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Ben Jonson’s Volpone”. Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol. 32 No. 2: Journal of European Studies (July 2016): 130-143
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed, “The role of education in fostering environmental policies in Pakistan and the EU: A Comparative Study” in Challenges of the 21st Century, Focus on Human Rights, Gender and Environment Studies, Area Study Centre for Europe, University of Karachi. (2017). 121-133
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “EU’s Foreign Policy; What kind of Power and Diplomatic Action.” Journal of European Studies (JES) 31, no. 1 (July 2014): 139-142
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Globalization, Multilateralism, Europe: Towards a Better Global Governance?” Journal of European Studies (JES) 31, no. 1 (January 2015): 113-117
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “The European Union and South-East Europe: The Dynamics of Europeanization.” Journal of European Studies (JES) 31, no.2 (July 2015): 159-168
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “European Union Foreign Policy in a Changing World”. Journal of European Studies (JES) 32, no. 1 (January 2016): 135-137
• Chaired First International Conference “Emerging Language Trends” at Hamdard University, Karachi, April 7, 2021.
• Presented paper titled “The Politics of Linguistic Marginalization in the Third Space: A Postcolonial Analysis” at NUST first International Conference on Management and Social Sciences, June 24, 2021.
• Presented her paper titled “Deconstruction of the Ethno-linguistic Praxis of the Khoja Diaspora: A Post-colonial Perspective” in an international conference at the Western Indian Ocean Studies Programme at Florida International University, USA in November 2015.
Her paper titled “From the Alchemical to the Subliminal elements in Rumi: A Metaphysical Perspective” was selected for an international conference in University of Paderborn, Germany, May 2016.
• Presented paper titled “The Role of Education in Fostering Environmental Policies in Pakistan and the EU: A Comparative Study”, in a workshop held at the Area Study Centre for Europe.
• Completed Creative Writing Course from Wesleyan University.
• Winner of Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal in English Literature, Bachelors.
• Winner of the National Youth Award in the field of English Literature, by Ministry of Youth Affairs, Government of Pakistan.
• Young Achiever Award from the Ministry of Culture.
• Highest aggregate score in the subjects of English Language and English Literature in Bachelors.
• Winner of Co-Curricular Roll of Honour at LCWU.
• Achieved the title of Best Poetess at LCWU, Lahore.
• First female editor of the Ravi magazine (English Section )GCU, circulated internationally, for the year 2004.
• Editor of Kiran magazine (English Section) at LCWU.
• Built a record at LCWU by holding three offices simultaneously; Editor Kiran English Section, President English Literary Society and President Quaid e Azam Society.
• Member of the Seniors Club at GCU, comprising toppers from different disciplines.
• Active member of the NGO, PIPFPD (Pakistan India Peoples’ Forum for Peace and Democracy) in 2004.
• Participated in numerous international creative writing competitions and achieved distinctions such as one from the Japanese GOE Peace Making Essay Writing Competition.
• Arranged numerous seminars, workshops and lectures both at LCWU and GCU, and has been participating in various educational programmes. Her poetry is widely acclaimed in literary circles and has been winning prizes
• Won quiz programmes arranged by the PTV.
Mr. Muhammad Abu Huraira
Assistant Professor & Program Manager, BBA
• MSc (Marketing), Brunel University, UK
• MBA (Marketing), Greenwich University, Karachi
• Assistant PR Manager, Media Pulse Private Limited
• Brands, Advertising, Consumer Behavior
• MAS (Applied Economics), Applied Economics Research Center, University of Karachi, Karachi
• MA (Economics), University of Punjab, Lahore
• B.Sc (Economics, Statistics and Mathematics), University of Punjab, Lahore
• Macroeconomics Analysis
• Development Sector
• Financial Markets
• Masood, H., Waqas, M., & Anwer, M. (2017). Validity of f-h puzzle in Pakistan economy: A time series study. Journal of Business Studies , 89-96.
• Waqas, M., Uddin, I., Ashfaq, B., & Shakir, R. (Vol. 12, No. 1, (Spring 2016) ). Redefinig economic systems as an islamic economic system. Journal of Business Studies, 65-78.
Total 15 years of professional experience in numerous fields including; corporate sector, media industry and university teaching. Eight years of teaching in various public and private sector universities. Working with DHA Suffa University from October 2020 till date in capacity of lecturer, Program coordinator, Member Board of Studies and Member Coordination Committee.
• PhD international Relations (in process) from University of Karachi • M. Phil International Relations from University of Karachi • MA International Relations from University of Karachi • Certified in Human Resource Management from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi.
• Identity politics, Secularism, Regional Studies, Media, Theology, Political Philosophy.
• Humanities & Social Sciences: Principles of International Relations, Foreign Policy, Theories & Principles of IR, Pakistan Studies, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Business Ethics, Political Geography, Business English, Study Skills.
• Management Sciences: Principles of Management, Cross Cultural Management, Organization & Management
• Administrative Sciences: Social Policy
• Research Paper published in Journal of Social Sciences (HEC Y Category), June 2021.
• PhD (Systems Engineering) King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• MS (Systems Engineering) King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• BE (Industrial Electronics Engineering) IIEE-NEDUET, Karachi, Pakistan
• Industrial Applications of Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence (e.g., Soft Sensors, APC, NDT)
• Industrial Internet of Things (Industry 4.0)
• Cyber Physical Systems
• Green Desalination.
• Electric Vehicles
• Networked Sensing and Control
Previous Research Projects:
• New Control Methodologies for Systems of Systems Engineering, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Energy Efficiency in WSN-based pipeline leak detection, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Inferential Sensing Methods for Emission Monitoring from Industrial Boilers, Funded by NSTIP.
• Decentralized Networked Control Systems, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Design and Manufacturing of Solar Power Systems and Devices for Challenging Environments, Funded by KFUPM & MIT Collaboration.
• Estimation of Iron Quality of Direct Reduced Iron, Funded by KFUPM & SABIC Collaboration.
• Control Loop Performance Monitoring, Funded by KFUPM & Yokogawa Collaboration.
• Detection of Coating Disbondment using Inline Inspection of Oil & Gas Pipeline, ROSEN Group Germany.
• Acoustic Resonance Techniques for Inline Inspection of Oil & Gas Pipelines, ROSEN Group Germany.
Current Research Projects:
• Design and Development of Secure IoTAdapter based on RISC V technology to support Industry 4.0 transition in Pakistan.
• Design and Development of Electronic Propulsion System for Electric Vehicles.
• IoT based Smart Water Metering Solution Residential Units to address the issues of shared water.
• Design and Development of Artificial Hand from electromyography data for handicapped people.
Engr. Dr. Muhammad Nauman Qureshi
• HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
• Post Doc (Aerodynamics, Controls) Aerodynamics Research Lab, Poitiers, France
• PhD (ME, Turbulence) UJF, Grenoble France
• MPhil (ME, Energy Systems) ISAE, Toulouse, France
• MSc (Aeronautical Engineering) ISAE, Toulouse, France
• BE (Mechanical), NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
• HoD, Mechanical Engineering, DHA Suffa University (2017-2019)
• General Manager (Design), SUPARCO, Karachi (2000- 2016)
• Post-Doctoral Researcher, CNRS, Aerodynamics Research Laboratory, Poitiers, France (2009-10)
• Computer Aided Engineering
• CFD: Modeling & Simulation of Internal & External Flows (Multi-Phase, Combustion, Unsteady Fluid Dynamics)
• High Performance Computing
• Renewable Energy Systems
• Digital Signal Processing
1.Nauman M. Qureshi, Mickael Bourgoin, Christophe Baudet, Alain Cartellier, Yves Gagne, “Turbulent
Transport of Material Particles: An Experimental Study of Finite Size Effects”,
2. Nauman M. Qureshi, Unaiarrieta, Christophe Baudet, Alain Cartellier, Yves Gagne, Mickael
Bourgoin “Acceleration statistics of inertial particles in turbulent flow”, European Physical Journal B 66,
3. Nauman M. Qureshi, Unaiarrieta, Christophe Baudet, Christophe Baudet, Yves Gagne,:
Turbulent Transport of Finite- Sized Material Particle”, Journal of Physics: Conference
Series, Vol 318, 012005 (2011).
4. Abdul Majid, Muhammad Naeem Owais, Muhammad Nauman Qureshi, “Aerodynamic
Drag Computation of Lower Earth Orbit (LEO) Satellites”, Journal of Space Technology,
Vol. 8, No. 1, July 2018.
5. Syed Sheraz Ali, Nauman Qureshi, Shafiq ur Rehman “Performance Prediction of MEMS
based Resistojet Thruster through CFD”, Journal of Space Technology, 2017. For detailed profile, visit following link: Download
• PhD in Computer Engineering; other higher education from South Eastern Oklahoma State University, United States. More than 20 years of university level teaching experience and more than 12 years of experience in the Computer Systems industry.
CEng. (Engineering Council UK), PE (PEC) and MIET (IET)
• Wireless Communication
• Regression Analysis
• PhD, Computer Engineering, Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi. Topic: Novel Algorithm for PAPR Reduction in Multi-Code CDMA
• M.S (by thesis), Computer Engineering, Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi. Topic: Computer Networking
• B.S Electronics (Minor: Computer Science), South Eastern Oklahoma State University, United States.
• BSc (Industrial Technology), MUET
1) S. Rizwan Hasan and Najeeb Siddiqui, “Algorithm for reducing PAPR of Multi-code CDMA using Reed Muller codes,” IET Electronics Letters, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 926-928, May 2016, http://digitallibrary.theiet.org/content/journals/10.1049/el.2016.0553 (HEC approved with Impact factor)
2) S.Rizwan ul Hasan, Najeeb Siddiqui, and Shakeel Ahmed, “Impact of reformed RM Encoded data on PAPR of Multicode CDMA under MSK”, SSURJ of Engineering and Technology, vol. 6, issue 1, pp. 23-26, 2016 (HEC approved Y-Category).
3) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, Shakil Ahmed, Ammar Abbas Power Optimization using efficient Codes, SURJ, ISSN 1813-1743, Vol. 43 Issue 1A, pp 51-56, June 2011 (HEC approved, Abstracted by Thompson Scientific).
4) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, Shakil Ahmed, “Performance Evaluation of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) in terms Power measurement and reduction”, SSU Res. J. of Engg. &tech, Vol. 1 Issue 1, pp 5-8, 2011.
5) Syed Rizwan ul Hasan, Shakil Ahmed and Ammar Abbas, “Effect of using different Codes for Power reduction” Proc. ICCET 2011, Khairpur, April 22- 23rd 2011 pp.197-202.
6) S.R. Hasan, S.Ahmed. and M. Imam, “PAPR as measure for OFDM with non-linearity” Proc. 7th. CIIT Workshop on Research – Computing, Lahore, June 23rd 2008. pp.114-117.
7) S.R.Hasan, “Effect of using RM code to control PAPR in MC-CDMA and OFDM”, Proc. of the 14th. IEEE International Multi-Topic conference, 2011, Dec. 22-24,2011, pp. 329-333, SSUET, Karachi Pakistan.
8) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, “Using Reed Muller Codes to optimize Peak to Average Power Ratio (PAPR) in Multi-Code Code Division Multiple Access (MC- CDMA)”, ICComE, Dec. 22nd. – 24th. 2010, pp. 11-16, University of Sistan & Baluchistan, Iran.
9) Ammar Abbas, Tauseef Mubeen and S. Rizwan-ul-Hasan, “Capacity analysis for voice and queue management differences in IEEE 802.11 and 802.11e WLAN standards”, in 2008 second International Conference on Electrical Engineering, March 25-26, Lahore Pakistan
10) Hafiz Muhammad Maaz Khan, S. Rizwanul Hasan, Ammar Ahmed, Ashar Khan, and Hafiz Muhammad Fahad,“AI Surveillance UGV”, Proceeding of ICISCT 2020 (IEEE Xplore ), February 8-9, University of Karachi, Pakistan. DOI: 10.1109/ICISCT49550.2020.9080025
• Project : AI surveillance unmanned ground vehicle (Approved from Ignite (2019), Ministry of IT
• Research Project “Using codes to optimize PAPR in Multi-code CDMA”, submitted to CED, SSUET August 5th. 2009.
• HEC-TDF “A prototype communication system to provide optimized (PAPR) for the 4G MC-CDMA, 2018 (did not submit due to unavailability of high configuration FPGA kit
Supervised MS completed students (five)
• Traffic Management in GPRS/GSM networks.
• Maximizing throughput by Power Control in CDMA system.
• QoS in Mobile and Ad Hoc Networks
• QoS support in GPRS core network using MPLS/DiffServ
• Policy based architecture of QoS in differentiated services
• EPSRC project, “Quiet Aerofoils of the Next Generation” (April 2016-August 2018)
• Developed an in-house 3-dimensional finite volume Navier-Stokes solver for compressible flow simulations with immersed boundary methods for City University of London, UK (Sep 2014 to Mar 2016)
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P.Comte. Statistical characteristics of an isothermal, supersonic boundary layer flow from DNS data. Flow Turbul. Combust. vol. 86(3-4), 369-397, 2011
• M. F. Shahab, P. Comte, G. Lehnasch and T. B. Gatski. Analysis of Boundary Layer Structure Downstream of a Shock Impingement. 9th International ERCOFTAC Symposium on Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Measurements, Thessaloniki, Greece, 2012
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P.Comte. Post-shock downstream evolution of turbulent boundary layer based on quadrant analysis, 20eme Congrés Français de Mécanique, Besançon, France, 2011
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. Influence of wall cooling on the statistics of a supersonic turbulent boundary layer flow. 8th International ERCOFTAC Symposium on Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Measurements, Marseille, France,
• M. F. Shahab , G. Lehnasch , T. B. Gatski, and P. Comte. Probing high-speed wall-bounded flows using DNS. 45th Symposium of Applied Aerodynamics, Marseille, France, 2010
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. DNS of a spatially developing, supersonic turbulent boundary layer flow over a cooled wall. 6th International Symposium on Turbulence, Heat and Mass Transfer, Rome, Italy, 2009
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. Statistical Characteristics of the Interaction of an Impinging Shock Wave and Turbulent Boundary Layer. Sixth International Symposium on Turbulent Shear Flow Phenomena, Seoul, Korea, 2009
• Gold Medalist, BE (mechanical), NEDUET
• Declared as Star Laureate 2005 in XVIth Star Awards 2005
• PhD Information Technology, University Technology Petronas, Perak, Malaysia
• MS Software Engineering, Bahria University
• BS Software Engineering, Bahria University
• M. Usama, and Q. M. Malluhi, “An Efficient (t,n)-Threshold Secret Sharing Scheme based on Simple XOR operation”, International Journal of Cryptology, 2020. (Under review)
• M. Usama, Q. M. Malluhi, N. Zakaria, and I. Razzak, “An efficient chaos-based secure data compression technique,” International Journal Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, 2020.
• M. Usama, O. Rehman, S. Rizvi, and I. Memon “An efficient construction of key dependent substitution box based-on chaotic sine map,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, 2019.
• M Alenezi, M Usama, K Almustafa, W Iqbal, MA Raza, T Khan, “An Efficient, Secure, and Queryable Encryption for NoSQL-based Databases Hosted on Untrusted Cloud Environments,” International Journal of Information Security and Privacy (IJISP) vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 14-31, 2019.
• M. Usama and N. Zakaria, “Chaos-based simultaneous compression and encryption for Hadoop,” PLOS One, vol. 12, no. 1, 2017.
• M. Usama and N. Zakaria, “Range GLS-Coding: A Scheme of Simultaneous Data Compression and Encryption,” Journal of Informatics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 273–279, 2016.
• F. bin Muhaya, M. Usama, and F. Akhter, “Chaos based Secure Storage and Transmission of Digital Medical Images,” Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences., vol. 8, no. 1L, pp. 27–33, Apr. 2014.
• M. Usama and F. T. Bin Muhaya, “Framework for Secure Wireless Communication in Wireless Sensor Networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 9, no. 12, p. 585491. 2013.
• M. Usama, F. Bin Muhaya, and F. Akhter, “Adoption and Analysis of Security Applications to Secure Data Integrity,” International Information Institute (Tokyo). Information, vol. 16, no. 5, 2013.
• R. A. S. Malick, M. Usama, and M. K. Azim, “A Generalized Framework for Biological Data Integration, Processing, and Visualization,” Journal of Information Technology & Software Engineering, OMICS International, 2013.
• A. S. Alghamdi, H. Ullah, M. U. Khan, I. Ahmad, and K. Alnafajan, “Satellite image encryption for the C4I system,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 6, no. 17, 2011.
• M. Usama, M. K. Khan, K. Alghathbar, and C. Lee, “Chaos-based secure satellite imagery cryptosystem,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 326–337, Jul. 2010.
• M. Ali, M. Usama, W. Iqbal and F. Bukhari, “Secure NoSQL Over Cloud Using Data Decomposition and Queryable Encryption,” International Conference on Intelligent Technologies and Applications (INTAP’19), 409-421, 2019.
• M. Usama and N. Zakaria, “Chaos-based secure data compression (CSDC),” in 2016 3rd International Conference on Computer and Information Sciences (ICCOINS), 2016, pp. 656–659.
• F. Bin Muhaya, M. Usama, and M. K. Khan, “Modified AES using a chaotic key generator for satellite imagery encryption,” in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 2009, vol. 5754 LNCS, pp. 1014–1024.
• M. Usama, “Satellite imagery security application (SISA),” in IEEE INMIC 2008: 12th IEEE International Multitopic Conference – Conference Proceedings, 2008, pp. 232–238.
• R. Malick, U. Khanzada, A. Abbas, W. Iqbal, and K. Azim, “AINAN: Collaborative application for protein visualization & analyses,” in Proc. 9th ACIS Int. Conf. Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking, and Parallel/Distributed Computing, SNPD 2008 and 2nd Int. Workshop on Advanced Internet Technology and Applications, 2008, pp. 171–175.
• M. Usama and M. K. Khan, “Classical and chaotic encryption techniques for the security of satellite images,” in IEEE-International Symposium on Biometrics & Security Technologies, ISBAST’08, 2008.
Dr. Shama Siddiqui
• HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
• PhD (Computer Science) Institute of Business Administration, Karachi, Pakistan
• MS (Computer Science) Iqra University, Karachi
• M.Sc (Applied Physics) & B.Sc (Physics) University of Karachi
• Wireless Sensor Networks
• Design & Development of Mac Layer Protocols
• Performance optimization of sensor networks
• Internet of Things/Internet of Medical Things
• Body Area Networks
1. Khan, A., Siddiqui, S. & Ghani, S. (2020). FROG-MAC: A Fragmentation based MAC Scheme for Prioritized Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Wireless Personal Communications. 1-34. [I.F= 0.94]
2. Khan, A., Ghani, S., & Siddiqui, S. (2018). A Preemptive Priority-Based Data Fragmentation Scheme for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Sensors, 18(12), 4473.
3. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2018). A Taxonomy for MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks based on Traffic Prioritization. Wireless Personal Communications. 1-30.
4. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2018). PD-MAC: Design and Implementation of Polling Distribution-MAC for Improving Energy Efficiency of Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Wireless Information Networks. 25(2), 200-208.
6. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2017). ADP-MAC: An Adaptive and Dynamic Polling based MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Sensors Journal. 18(2), 860-874.
7. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2015). A Study on Channel Polling Mechanisms for the MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, 2015.
1. Khan, A. A, Siddiqui, S. & Ghani, S., (2020). Optimizing MAC Layer Performance for Wireless Sensor Networks in eHealth. IEEE Proceedings on International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications: Staying Smarter in a Smartening World”. COMPSAC 2020. Madrid, Spain.
2. Siddiqui, S. & Khan, A. A. (2019). Achieving Energy Efficiency for Bursty Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Proceedings on 22nd International Multi Topic Conference 2019 (IEEE INMIC 2019). Islamabad. Pakistan.
3. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2018). A Comparison Study on Dynamic Duty Cycle and Dynamic Channel Polling Approaches for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Proceedings on International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications: Staying Smarter in a Smartening World”. COMPSAC 2018. (pp. 790-793). Tokyo. Japan.
4. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2017). Investigating Dynamic Polling Intervals for Wireless Sensor Network Applications with Bursty Traffic. Proceedings of International Conference on Multi-sensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI 2017). (pp. 448-451). Daegu. South Korea.
5. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Design & Implementation of Distributed
Congestion Control Scheme for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of International Conference on Multi-sensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI 2017). (pp. 581-585). Daegu. South Korea.
6. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2017). DPR-MAC: A Dynamic Polling MAC for Disaster Management in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of Cyber-Enabled Distributed Computing and Knowledge Discovery (CyberC), 2017. (pp. 425-428). Nanjing, China.
7. Khan, A. A, Jamal, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Dynamic Duty-Cycle Control for Wireless Sensor Networks using Artificial Neural Network (ANN). Proceedings of Cyber-Enabled Distributed Computing and Knowledge Discovery (CyberC), 2017. (pp. 420-424). Nanjing, China.
8. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2017). Effect of Polling Interval Distributions on the Performance of MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. ACM Proceedings on International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (pp. 573-579). Springer, Cham. Turin, Italy.
9. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Contention Window Prioritization for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. ACM Proceedings on International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (pp. 676-685). Springer, Cham. Turin, Italy.
10. Siddiqui, S., Ghani. (2016), Towards Dynamic Polling: Survey and Analysis of Channel Polling Mechanisms for Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Proceedings on ICISE 2016, January 2016, Islamabad.
12. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2015). A Survey on Data Aggregation Mechanisms in Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Proceedings on ICICT 2015, December 2015, Karachi, Pakistan.
13. Wajid, A., Khan, A.A., Basit, A., Siddiqui, S., Salam, A. (2015), Achieving Energy Efficiency in Body Area Networks (BAN’s) through Avoiding Spatially Correlated Contention, IEEE Proceedings on ICICT 2015, December 2015, Karachi, Pakistan.
14. Siddiqui, S., & Ghani, S. (2013). Analytical Model for Delay Distribution of PRMAC. IEEE Proceedings on 11th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT), (pp. 1-6). December 2013. Islamabad, Pakistan.
15. Siddiqui, S., & Ghani, S. (2013). ES-MAC: Energy Efficient Sensor-MAC protocol for Wireless Sensor networks. IEEE Proceedings on 10th International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control (ICNSC) (pp. 28-33). Paris, France.
16. Siddiqui, S., Abbas, V. U., & Ali, M. A. (2010, September). Analysis and Simulation of Propagation Model for Wireless Communication of Bio-Sensors. IEEE Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Wireless Communications Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM), 2010 (pp. 1-4). Chengdu, China.
• PhD (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
• MS (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
• BE (Mechanical Engineering) NUST, Pakistan
• Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, DHA Suffa University
• Cluster Head – Mechanics cluster
• Computational mechanics
• Homogenization methodologies
• Heterogeneous materials design
• Solar photovoltaic systems
• Evolutionary optimization
Research Projects (Ongoing and Completed) :
• Structural design of high-speed target drone Development of a photovoltaic powered reverseosmosis system
• Computational modeling and analysis of thermal barrier coatings
• Development of improved ceramic substrate material for power electronics applications
• Development of improved computational model for estimation of thermal conductivity of nanocomposites
• Siddiqui, Muhammad Usama and Abul Fazal M. Arif. 2016. Generalized Effective Medium Theory for Particulate Nanocomposite Materials. Materials 9(8):694. (Impact Factor: 2.94)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and Abul Fazal M. Arif. 2016. A Computational Approach for the Constitutive Modeling of Elastoplastic Behavior of Metal Matrix Composites. International Journal of Computational Methods 14(2): 1750058. (Impact Factor: 1.12)
• Siddiqui, Muhammad Usama, Abul Arif, and Salem Bashmal. 2016. Permeability-Selectivity Analysis of Microfiltration and Ultrafiltration Membranes: Effect of Pore Size and Shape Distribution and Membrane Stretching. Membranes 6(3):40. (Impact Factor: 2.12)
• M. U. Siddiqui, A. F. M. Arif, N. Saheb and M. S. Khan. 2017. Constitutive modeling of elastoplasticity in spark-plasma sintered metal-matrix nanocomposites. Materials Science and Engineering: A 689:176-188 (Impact Factor: 2.65)
• S. S. Akhtar, M. U. Siddiqui, Kabeer Raza, A. S. Hakeem, L. T. Kareem, A. F. M. Arif. 2017. Computational and experimental study on the effective properties of Alumina/Nickel Composite. Accepted in Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology (Impact Factor: 1.53)
• Nouari Saheb, Najam Ul Qadir, Muhammad Usama Siddiqui, Abul Fazal Muhammad Arif, Syed Sohail Akhtar and Nasser Al-Aqeeli. 2014. Characterization of Nanoreinforcement Dispersion in Inorganic Nanocomposites: A Review. Materials 7:4148-81. (Impact Factor: 2.94)
• S. S. Akhtar, L. T. Kareem, A. F. M. Arif, M. U. Siddiqui, A.S. Hakeem. Development of a Ceramic-based Composite for Direct Bonded Copper Substrate. Ceramics International 43(6):5236-5246 (Impact Factor: 2.76)
• Siddiqui, M. Usama, A. F. M. Arif, Leah Kelley, and Steven Dubowsky. 2012. Three-Dimensional Thermal Modeling of a Photovoltaic Module under Varying Conditions. Solar Energy 86(9):2620-31. (Impact Factor: 3.68)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2013. Electrical, Thermal and Structural Performance of a Cooled PV Module: Transient Analysis Using a Multiphysics Model. Applied Energy 112:300-312. (Impact Factor: 5.75)
• Siddiqui, M. U., A. F. M. Arif, A. M. Bilton, S. Dubowsky, and M. Elshafei. 2013. An Improved Electric Circuit Model for Photovoltaic Modules Based on Sensitivity Analysis. Solar Energy 90:29-42. (Impact Factor: 3.68)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and M. Abido. 2013. Parameter Estimation for Five- and Seven-Parameter Photovoltaic Electrical Models Using Evolutionary Algorithms. Applied Soft Computing 13(12):4608-21. (Impact Factor: 2.86)
• Hasan, Osama, A. F. M. Arif, and M. U. Siddiqui. 2013. Finite Element Modeling, Analysis, and Life Prediction of Photovoltaic Modules. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering 136(2):21022. (Impact Factor: 1.44)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2012. Effect of Changing Atmospheric and Operating Conditions on the Thermal Stresses in PV Modules. in ASME ESDA 2012 Vol. 2. Nantes France.
• Hasan, Osama, A. F. M. Arif, and M. U. Siddiqui. 2012. Finite Element Modeling and Analysis of Photovoltaic Modules. in Proceedings of the ASME 2012 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition. Housten, Texas.
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2014. Computational Homogenization of Metal Matrix Composites. in Proceedings of the 25th CANCAM. London, Ontario, Canada.
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2016. Estimation of Thermal Conductivity of Nanocomposites with Non-Uniformly Distributed Inclusions. in 24th International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ICTAM 2016). Montréal, Québec, Canada.
• Akhtar, S. S., A. Bin Ali, M. U. Siddiqui, A. F. M. Arif, and Amir Al-Ahmad. 2016. Development of Graphene-Filled Polymer Nanocomposites for Enhanced Thermal Conductivity. in 3rd International Conference on Structural Nano Composites (NANOSTRUC 2016). Aberdeen, Scotland.
• Akhtar, S. S., A. F. M. Arif, M. U. Siddiqui, H. K. R. Chishti, and L. T. Kareem. 2016. Computational Design and Development of Alumina-Nickel Droplet Composites. in Proceedings of the ASME 2016 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition. Phoenix, AZ, USA.
• Muhammad Usama Siddiqui, Abul Fazal Muhammad Arif and Syed M. Zubair. Heat Exchanger for Photovoltaic Panels. Patent number 20150280040.
Dr. Muhammad Ali Ehsan
Dr. Faheem Akhter
• HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
• PhD (Public Administration) University of Karachi.
• MBA (General Management) IBA, University of Sindh
• LLB (Minor Act and Labor Law), SM Law College.
• M.A. (International Relations) University of Karachi.
• Advanced Certificate in Islamic Jurisprudence
• International Islamic University Islamabad
• Graduate of Pakistan Military Academy
• Human Resource Management
• Supply Chain Management
• Project Management
• Industrial Relations
• Legal Affairs and Corporate Law
• General Management
• Extremism and Intolerance: Psycho-Social Analysis and Wayforward, 2019, Journal of Education & Social Sciences
• Terrorism in Pakistan: Genesis, Damages and Way Forward, 2019, Journal of Management Sciences
• Good Governance in Extremism and Militancy: Pakistan’s Case, 2018, Journal of Education and Social Sciences
• Pakistan’s Emerging Challenges: Increasing Militancy, Decreasing Governance, 2016, International Journal of Humanities and Social Science
• Extremism in Pakistan: Need to refreshing the garden through Reformation, 2016, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences
• Education, dialogue and deterrence Tools to counter terrorism, 2016, Journal of Sociology and Anthropology
• Conflict and Job Satisfaction, 2016, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences
• PhD (Computer Science: Algorithm to predictfuture of Internet Technologies), University of Karachi, Pakistan, 2019.
• ME (Computer Networks), NED University of Engineeringand Technology 2012
• BE (Computer Information and SystemEngineering), NED University of Engineering and Technology 2008
• Web Technologies
• Data Management System
• Big Data and Big Data Analytics
• Internet of Things
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Jamshed,H., Ali Khan, M. S., Khurram, M., Inayatullah, S. y Athar, S.(2019). Data Preprocessing: Apreliminary step for web data mining Citaciónsugerida: Data Preprocessing: A preliminary step for web datamining. 3C Tecnología. Glosasdeinnovaciónaplicadas a la pyme. Edición Especial,Mayo 2019, pp. 206–221. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.17993/3ctecno.2019.specialissue2.206–221
• M. Sadiq and H. Jamshedand S.Mustafa and S.Iqbal, “Data Extraction using Professional WebScraping”, Automatic Control and System Engineering ACSE, September 2018
• M. Sadiq Ali Khan, HumaJamshed,SumreenaBano and Muhammad Navaid Anwar, “Big Data Management in Connected Worldof Internet of Things”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, August 2017
• M. Sadiq Ali Khan*, Khaliq Khanzada and Huma Jamshed, “Realization of Aggregate Applications using DynamicBehaviour of Cellular Automata”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology,Vol 10 (3), DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2017/v10i3/110621, January 2017
• Sadiq Ali Khan,HumaJamshed,“Analysisof Formal Methods for Specification of E-Commerce Applications”, MehranUniversity Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, January 2016
• M.Sadiq Ali Khan and HumaJamshed,“Challengesin Handling Big Data”, International Journal of Application orInnovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM), December 2015
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University
• M.S in Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University
• MBA in Global Management, Arizona State University
• B.E in Electrical Engineering, NED University
• Houle, Gan, Naqvi, Syed, Patrick Ott and Jack Clark, “Bump depopulation modeling atom central processing unit for entry level smart phone”. Intel assembly and test technology journal 2013..[Received the Best paper Award]
• Naqvi, S.R. Deligoz,I, Kiaei, S. Bakkaloglu,B,. “Dynamic Calibration of feedback DAC Non-Linearity for a 4th Order CT Sigma Deltafor Digital Hearing Aids” Submitted in IEEE SOCC 2011. [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• John Cherukuri, Naqvi Syed, Abuhatzera Avishaii, “Shmoo Crack, Smoo Hole, Shmoo * Root cause in Cloverview (atom based SOC)A0 – P1269 LCIA product” ,Intel DTTC Conference “August 2012. [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• Deligoz, I,; Naqvi, S.R.; Copan,”i, T,;Kiaei, S.; Bakkaloglu, B.; Je, S, -S.; Chae, J, “A MEMS-Based Power Scalable Hearing Aid Analo g Front End, “Biomedical Circuits and Systems, IEEE Transactions on, vol.pp, no.99, pp, 1,28, October 2010 [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• Hongjiang Song; Naqvi, S.R.; Bakkaloglu, B.;, “I/Q-Channel Mismatch Transfer and Amplification Effects and Applications to the Measurement and Calibration of Integrated VLIF RF Receivers, “SOC Conference,2006 IEEE International, vol.,no.,pp.35-38, 24-27 Sept. 2006. [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• Khalil, W.; Tsung-Yuan Chang; Xuewen Jiang; Naqvi, S.R.; Nikjou B.;James Tseng; , “A highly integrated analog front-end for 3G, “Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of, vol.38, no.5, pp.774-781, May 2003 [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• T. Chang, X, Jiang, W. Khalil, S. Naqvi, B. Nikjou, J. Tseng, 2002. Analog front end IC for 3G WCDMA. In: IEEE Symposium on VLSI Circuits, Honolulu, HI. (June): 28-31 [Peer Reviewed] (published).
• W. Khalil, T. Chang, X. Jiang, S. Naqvi, B. Nikjou. 2003. (Invited) Fully integrated AFE for WCDMA. In: IEEE International Electronics, Circuits and Systems Conference (ICECS). (December): 930-933 [Peer Reviewed] (published)
Sobia Iqbal has recently accomplished her doctorate degree from the University of Karachi in Dec 2020. Besides being an active researcher, she has vast Academic and Industrial experience. She gained expert training experience by sharing her knowledge in many public and private organizations. Her believe in the art of Learn, De-learn, and Re-learn forces her to share the knowledge at grass root level, where the personalities develop.
She has been involved in Teaching, Training; Facilitating, Coaching, Mentoring and Consulting with the intention of dramatic progress in Personality Development, Productivity, and the Performance of the People. Fast-paced solutions, creative techniques, and innovative ideas coupled with her expertise in Administrative and Management capacities facilitated her as a fully dedicated and passionate individual.
• PhD (Human Resource Management) University of Karachi
• MPA (Human Resource Management) University of Karachi
• B.Com – University of Karachi
• Certified Train the Trainer – Pakistan Society of Training and Development (PSTD)
• Certified British Council facilitator
• Short-term Research Scholar, George Mason University (under PAK – US University Partnership Program)
• Principal and Project leader at Sindh Schooling System Welfare Foundation (Akhuwat) adopted Public School Korangi.
• Principal at Green Crescent Trust – Minaret School
• Visiting Faculty in at the University of Karachi and a number of other affiliated and private institutions.
• Human Resource Management
• Human Resource Information System
• Human Resource Diversity
• Recruitment and Selection
• Job Satisfaction
• Management and Administration
• Project Management
• Consumer Behaviour
PUBLICATIONS (HEC Recognized Journals and Scopus Index)
• Perception of organizational behaviour in context of organizational commitment among employees of private organizations in Karachi.
• The Influence Of Workforce Diversity On Performance Of Employee In Private Banking Sector Of Pakistan
Iqbal S.; Iraqi K. M; Rafi T. (2019); The Influence Of Workforce Diversity On Performance Of Employee In Private Banking Sector Of Pakistan; Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities; Vol 58(2); pg 171-184.
• The Islamic Banking Sector of Pakistan: The Impact of Leadership Opportunities, Gender Differences, Working Conditions And Employee Performance On Job Satisfaction Of Female Employees Of The Industry
Iqbal S.; Iraqi K. M. (2020); The Islamic Banking Sector of Pakistan: The Impact of Leadership Opportunities, Gender Differences, Working Conditions and Employee Performance on Job Satisfaction of Female Employees of the Industry; Journal of Gender Studies; Vol 20(2); pg 139-158.
• Online Education in Pakistan during Covid-19 Pandemic; Student’s Perspective
Iqbal S, Farooq S, Ahmed S.S, Rehman A (2021); Online Education in Pakistan during Covid-19 Pandemic; Student’s Perspective; Palarch’s Journal of Archaeology of Egypt/Egyptology; Vol. 18(1);pg 4218-4230
• International Conference of Managing Megacities (20-22 Sept, 2016)
“Determinant of frequent road accidents in megacities” (A Case study of Karachi) research was done under USA Exchange Student Partnership Program between George Mason University and University of Karachi
Selected for US Education Funding Program (phase II) as Research Trainer (2020-2021).
• Solely organized summits, conferences and a number of advanced certification courses at the University of Karachi.
• Selected as a Researcher and Event Organizer for the USA Partnership Program between George Mason University and the University of Karachi, Department of Public Administration and nominated for the US Pakistan Education Funded Partnership Program (phase II) as Research Trainer.
Associate Professor, HoD, HIMS ICT, Hamdard University View
• Data Engineering, e Business
• Intelligent Ubiquitous Computing and e Business Solution in International Journal of Information Management, IJIM Oxford, England, Vol.: 28, Issue: 6, April 2008
• IADIS International Conference Informatics 2010, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg Germany, Intellisense Sentinel , An Intelligent and Smart Hybrid Approach Towards Human Detection and Tracking, Short Paper
• MA (English Linguistics) from University of Karachi in 2007
• M.Phil (English Linguistics) from Hamdard University in 2016
Mr. Syed Hammad Ahmed
• MS (Computer Science), LUMS BS (Computer Science), FAST-NU, Karachi
• Assistant Professor, Computer Science, FAST-NU Software Engineer, Core Development Group, Avanza Solutions
• Big Data Analytics • Data Mining • Machine Learning • Human Computer Interaction
• Jemal H. Abawajy, Syed I. Jami, Zubair A. Shaikh, Syed Hammad Ahmed, A Framework for Scalable Distributed Provenance Storage System, Computer Standards & Interfaces (2012)
• Muhammad Shoaib Siddiqui and Syed Hammad Ahmed, Policy-based Network Management in a Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Network, in 15th International Multi Topic Conference (INMIC) 2012, Islamabad, Pakistan, December 2012 (published by IEEE)
• Tariq Mahmood, Syed Hammad Ahmed, and Saqib Mahmood, Optimal Dynamic Personalization in Conversational Recommender Systems, In Proceedings of the 2nd Malaysian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (MJCAI 2010), 26-30 July, Malaysia, Springer • Tariq Mahmood, Syed Hammad Ahmed, and Saqib Mahmood, Comparing Reward-based Optimal Behaviors in User-Adapted Recommender Systems, In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT 2010), July 9 -11, Chengdu, China. IEEE
• Received Best Teacher Award (University) – Spring 2013 • Received Best Teacher Award (Department) – Spring 2014, Spring 2013, Fall 2012
• M.S in Applied Mathematics NED University of Engineering and Technology
• Signal processing
• Bio informatics
• Assistant Professor at NUCES-FAST
• Lecturer at DHA Suffa University August 2015 to April 2017
• Lecturer (contract) at NED University of Engineering and Technology from July 2012 to July 2015
• MS (Mechatronics Engineering), GIST, Gwangju, South Korea
• BE (Mechanical), NED University
• Robot dynamics and control, structural optimization, structural mechanics, modal analysis, vibration.
• Jongsuh Lee, Syed Hassaan Hussain, Semyung Wang and Kyihwan Park, Enhanced method to reconstruct mode shapes of continuous scanning measurements using the Hilbert Huang transform and the modal analysis method, 2014, Review of Scientific Instruments (AIP). http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/rsi/85/9/10.1063/1.4894260.
• Jongsuh Lee, Syed Hassaan Hussain and Semyung Wang, Frequency response function of a moving sensor measurement, The 21st International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV), 13-17 July, 2014, Beijing/China.
• Fully funded masters degree scholarship from Government of South Korea.
• Recipient of Brain Korea, BK 21, graduate scholarship.
• Bachelors degree with distinction.
• MSc, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• Signal Processing
• Adaptive filters
• Machine learning
• Umair bin Mansoor, Syed Muhammad Asad & Azzedine Zerguine, Stochastic Gradient Algorithm Based on an Improved Higher Order Exponentiated Error Cost Function, 48th IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, 2014
• Quasi-Newton Least Mean Fourth Adaptive Algorithm: Steady-State, Tracking and Transient Analysis, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller (June 16, 2010), ISBN-13: 978-3639262964
MA English Language Teaching, MS Teaching Management
Ms. Jessica Janet Samuel
, BA Honours English Literature, Masters in English Literature
Ms. Seema Jalil
Associate Professor (Retired)
Ms. Nadia Kaleem
Masters in English Literature, Masters in Linguistics. Working in M Phil dissertation
Ms. Nida Batool
MPhil in English
Engr. Muhammad Owais
• MSc (Power Engineering), Technical University Munich, Germany
• BE (Electronics), NED University
• Linde AG, Engineering Division, Pullach, Germany
• Institute of Automatic Control, Technical University Munich (TUM), Germany
• Hamdard University, Karachi, Pakistan
• System Identification
• Linear Control Systems
• Non-Linear Control Systems
• Distributed Control Systems
• Model Predictive Control
• Electrical Machines (Control)
• Automatic Power Factor Correction Unit, International Conference on Computing, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, ICE Cube 2016, April 11-12, Quetta, Pakistan. ISBN 978-1-5090-1252-7
• Design of Smart Charge Controller for Wind Electric Conversion System, 8th International conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies SET 2009, 31st Aug to 3rd Sep 2009, Aachen, Germany. ISBN 978-3-9813246-1-7
• An off-grid Model Setup for Wind Electric Conversion System, TENCON 2009, November 23-26, Singapore. ISBN 978-1-4244-4547-9
• National Instruments LabVIEW based Pharmaceutical Medication Device with Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition System (SCADA), SoutheastCon 2009, March 5-8, Atlanta, GA, USA. ISBN 978-1-4244-3978-2
• GSM Based Security System Using LabVIEW,First International Conference on Computer, Control and Communication 2007 at Pakistan Navy Engineering College, NUST, Karachi during November 12-13, 2007
• Masters Thesis at Linde Engineering, Pullach, Germany in the department of Information Technology and Process Control
• Funding from NED University for presenting projects in Germany and USA at undergraduate level
• First prize winner in hardware competition at PAF-KIET (2008)
• MSc (Sustainable Electrical Power), Brunel University London, United Kingdom
• BS (Electronics), SSUET, KarachiFormerly:
• Senior Lecturer, DHA Suffa University
• Lecturer, Usman Institute of Technology
• Project Officer, Brunel University London
• Electrical Engineer, Pakistan International Container Terminal
• Power Quality, Renewable Energy
• Asif Gulraiz, Hammad Munami, Power Factor Correction for Non-Linear Loads, International Journal on Energy Conversion (IRECON). ISSN: 2281-5295, e-ISSN: 2281-5309.
• Distinction in Final Thesis (MSc), Brunel University London
• M.E (CIS), NED University
• B.E (CIS), NED University
Engr. Syed Asad Ali
• ME (Communication Systems and Networks), MUET
• BE (Telecommunications), MUET
• Assistant Manager, Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited (PTCL – Etisalat), Hyderabad
• Resident Engineer, Interactive Group of Companies Pvt Ltd, Army Data Center, Hyderabad
• Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
• Cooperative Communication Systems
• S Asad A, et al, Performance Evaluation Of Decode & Forward Cooperative Communication Protocols, International Journal Of Information Technology And Electrical Engineering , 1st Jan 2013, ISSN: 2225-7217
• Syed Asad Ali, et al, Bit Error rate Analysis of Amplify and Forward Cooperative Communication Protocol, IEEEP 26th Multi Topic Symposium 2011, Karachi Pakistan
• Gold Medal from IEEE on research paper
• Position Holder in BE
– Research article on “The Shift of Power from the Public Representatives to the Bureaucratic and Military Elite: Case Study of the First Decade of Pakistan” published in Pakistan Perspectives 24, No.1, January-June 2019 https://psc.edu.pk/psc/index.php/pp-24-1-9/
– Political Islam as explained by Sayyid Qutb and Maulana Mawdudi: A comparison
Pakistan Journal of International Affairs June 2021
• Foreign Policy
• Comparative Politics
• Islam and the West
• Contemporary South Asia
Yasir Jamal Pasha, trained as a researcher with vast experience of teaching Marketing, Management, MIS course and a practicing Manager in the areas of Strategic Marketing and Business Decision Making. Worked for various reputable Universities in Karachi.
• MS, (Business Sustainability & Decision Making), Hamdard University
• MBA, (Marketing & MIS), Hamdard University
• B.Sc., Karachi University
• Diploma, (Software Engineering), Petroman Training Institute
• Associated with IoBM, steered various Departments & was part of their Strategic Planning Committee
• Assistant Professor, Nazeer Hussain University
• Senior Lecturer (MS) & Deputy Director – City Campus, Hamdard University, Karachi
• Senior Lecturer (MS) & Incharge – SRC, Bahria University, Karachi
• Visiting Faculty, Muhammad Ali Jinnah University
• Business Sustainability & Decision Making
• Marketing using Technology
• Strategic Human Resource Planning
• Training and Development Practices at National Highway Authority in Pakistan is Myth or Reality, International Review of Management and Business Research, Vol. 4 Issue.3, Sep-15, 2306-9007
• The Paradigm Shifts in Organizational Management in 21st Century: Scope, Significance and Challenges from a Pakistan Perspective, European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 133, No 2, Jun-15, 1450-216X / 1450-202X
• The Dynamics of Diversified Business Groups in BRICS Economies – What is Really New About These New Players, 2nd International Research on Business Management 2018, Nov-18, PAF-KIET
• Lawyer as a Leader, International Conference on Legal Education 2015, Dec-15 Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhuttto University of Law
Engr. Karamat Ullah
Senior Lecturer (Adjunct)
• MS Structural Engineering, NUST
• BE Civil Engineering, NUST
Engr. Syed Muhammad Farooq Shibli
• MS (Software Engineering), Bahria University, Karachi
• BS (Computer System Engineering), Bahria University, Karachi
• MSc. Civil Engineering, NED University of Engineering and Technology
• BSc. Civil Engineering NED University of Engineering and Technology
• 37 years of teaching experience
• Organized and attended more than 30 seminars conferences and workshops
• Completed training on Application of Computer in Civil Engineering Drawing at University Of Southampton UK
• Aspects of behaviour of CFRP reinforced concrete beams in bending, Construction and Building Materils, 2008
• Fire Resistance of carbon FRP reinforced concrete beams, Magazine of Concrete Research, 2007
• Experimental testing of concrete beams reinforced with carbon FRP bars, Journal of Composite Materials, 2007
• Analytical Modelling of concrete beams reinforced with carbon FRP bars, Journal of Composite Materials, 2007
• The use of CFRP bars as reinforcing material Part 1: Experimental study, Proceedings of Eighth International Conference on Computational Structures Technology, 2006
Engr. Kashif Ahmed
Senior Lecturer (Adjunct)
• Masters Degree in Construction Management, NED University
• Masters Degree in Transportation Engineering, NIT National University of Science & Technology
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Military College of Civil Engineering, Risalpur (National University of Science & Technology)
Ms. Samreen Bari
Mr. Umar Sadiq
Mr. Qazi Abdul Samad
• MCIT, NED University
• BS(CS), Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University
Engr. Shehryar Atta Khan
(On study leave)
• ME (Manufacturing), NED University
• BE (Industrial & Manufacturing), NUST, Karachi
• Additive Manufacturing
• Automation and Control Systems
• Machine Vision
• Shehryar A. Khan, Bilal A. Siddiqui, Muhammad Fahad. Evaluation of Additive Manufacturing Techniques for Fabrication of Propellers for SUAVs, Fourth International Conference on Aerospace Science & Engineering (ICASE-2015) Islamabad Pakistan.
• PhD. in Mass Communication: Enrolled in 2020 at University of Karachi (In progress)
• M.PHIL. in Mass Communication: 2020 from University of Karachi, with (Thesis and highest CGPA 3.73/4.0)
• M.PHIL Dissertation topic: Health risk communication of chronic diseases in the leading newspapers of Pakistan: A content analysis (January’17-December’17)
• Master of Arts in Mass Communication: 2016 from University of Karachi, with 2nd position (CGPA: 3.4/4.0)
• Master’s Dissertation: Survey on Addiction of Social Networking Websites in Youngsters.
• Bachelor (Honors) of Arts in Mass Communication: 2015 from University of Karachi, with 2nd position (CGPA: 3.0/4.0)
I have a strong research focus towards prevention and control of global diseases by strategic communication skills. Extremely motivated to deliver long term communication solutions for complex public health issues.
• Communication Sciences
• Strategic communication
• Risk Communication
• Media Literacy
• Health Literacy
• Development studies
• Statistical analysis of Salman Taseer and Mumtaz Qadri case coverage in Daily Express and Daily the Nation. Shafiq O, Kiran F. Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 2018; 14: 254-260
• Coverage of Honor Killing: A Content Analysis of English Language Newspapers of Pakistan. Kiran F. Journal of Mass Communication & Journalism. 2019; 8: 401. doi: 10.4172/2165-7912.1000401
• Assessing role of Newspapers in creating awareness of HIV/AIDS in Pakistan. Kiran F, Mahmood S. Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities. 2019; 58 : 215-226
International Conference on Media and Conflict
• Media and conflict research volume series 2019: War and peace journalism: A critical analysis of newspapers coverage on Operation Rah-e-Haq III and Rad-ul-Fasad in Pakistan.
NED UNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
Department of Humanities
Visiting Faculty, March 2020- October 2020
Teach course: Media Studies
• Redesign the complete course with more practical approach of learning.
UNIVERSITY OF KARACHI
Department of Mass Communication
Visiting Faculty, January 2019- December 2019
Teach courses: Elementary Journalism and Mass Communication, Mass Media and Society and Mass Media in the Modern World.
• Silent Epidemic, Social Injustice or Exaggerated Health Concern? Evaluating Newspaper Discourse in Infant Mortality and Public Health Policy Issues of Pakistan.
Symposium on International Media Conference on Role of Media in Poverty alleviation & Promoting Social Injustice, AMCAP-BUKC, Karachi, February 2020.
• War and peace journalism: A critical analysis of newspapers coverage on Operation Rah-e-Haq III and Rad-ul-Fasad in Pakistan.
Symposium on 1st International Conference on Media and Conflict, Pakistan peace collective project ministry of information and broadcasting Government of Pakistan, Islamabad, May, 2019.
Software: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Microsoft Outlook), SPSS, G Suite, OBS and Photoshop.
Engr. Shazaib Ahsan
• MSc (Mechanical Engineering) – Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia
• BE (Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering) – NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi
• Transient Modeling and intelligent diagnostics to extend the useful life of an industrial gas turbine (Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia)
• Techno-Economic Absorption Chiller Cooling Inlet Air System Model for District Cooling Plant Gas Turbines Performance Enhancement (Gas District Cooling Plant & Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia)
• On Time In Full (OTIF) Improvement from 65% to 85% (MIDAS Safety, Pakistan)
• Optimizing the design parameters of a porta-cabin structure and its interior (S. Zia Ul Haq & Sons, Pakistan)
• Prognosis of gas turbine remaining useful life using Particle Filter Approach (Materialwissenschaft und Werkstofftechnik)
• Reliability analysis of Gas Turbine Engine by means of Bathtub-shaped failure rate distribution (Process Safety Progress)
• Transient behavior in Variable Geometry Industrial Gas Turbines: A Comprehensive Overview of Pertinent Modeling Techniques (Entropy)
• Classification of Faults in Oil and Gas Pipelines using Support Vector Machines (Pertanika Journal of Science and Technology)
• Remaining Useful Life prediction of Drill String using Fuzzy Systems and Cumulative Damage Theory (Key Engineering Materials)
• Remaining Useful Life Prediction of Gas Turbine Engine using Autoregressive Model (MATEC Web of Conferences)
• PDC Bit Hydraulic & Mud Rheological simulation to model pressure drop across Bit (MATEC Web of Conferences)
• Automated Pipeline Diagnostics Using Image Processing and Intelligent System (Advances in Material Sciences and Engineering – Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering)
• Anti-friction Bearing Malfunction Detection and Diagnostics using Hybrid Approach (Advances in Material Sciences and Engineering – Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering)
• Reviewer for ASME 2021 TURBO EXPO.
• Reviewer for Quality and Reliability Engineering International (Impact Factor: 1.718, Q3).
• Reviewer for Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology (Impact Factor: 1.345, Q3).
• Research Assistant – Mechanical Engineering Department, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia
• Engineering Planner – MIDAS Safety, Pakistan
• ME (Solid Mechanics), University of Malaya, Malaysia
• BE (Mechanical), NUST, Karachi
• Solid Mechanics, Fracture Failure Analysis, Finite Element Analysis and Boundary Element Analysis
• Assessment of a planar inclusion in a solid cylinder (URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2014.11.027)
• Acquired High Impact Research Funding for MS research
• Received 3rd position in undergraduate studies at NUST
• Awarded merit certificates of 1st position in Sem-III and VII by NUST
• MBA (Human Resource), SZABIST, Karachi
• BBA, University of Karachi
• Human Resource Management
• Human Resource Information System
• Consumer Behavior
• Received Merit Scholarship on securing highest GPA in 2nd Semester of MBA at SZABIST
• Secured 2nd position in BBA
• Secured Merit Scholarship in all semesters of BBA and a place in the List of Honor
• MS Software Engineering from PAF-KIET
• MS Information Technology from Hamdard University
• Bachelor’s in Science from Karachi University
• He is a full time Faculty member/Researcher in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science & Software Engineering. He has worked in Government & University level projects. He has a strong hold on academic related matters like NCEAC, PEC, CIEC etc. He has published 40 Research published papers in local & internationals journals/conferences.
• MSC: Organizational Psychology and Human Resource, IoBM
• BBA Hons: Hamdard University
• Certified Remedial Therapist for Dyslexics: R.E.A.D (Diploma)
• Certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapist (online Oxford University in collaboration with PACT) (Diploma)
• M.S. (Computer Science) , Hamdard University
• M.Sc. (Applied Physics), University of Karachi
• Wireless Sensor Networks
• Embedded Systems
• Khalil, U.; Javid, T. (2019) A Survey on Automatic Road Accident Detection. Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
• Khalil, U.; Nasir, A.; Khan, S, M.; Javid, T; Raza, S, A.; Siddiqui, A. Automatic Road Accident Detection using Ultrasonic Sensor. In International Multi Topic Conference (INMIC), IEEE, 2018.
• Khalil, U.; Javid, T.; Nasir, A. Automatic road accident detection techniques: A brief survey. In International Symposium on Wireless Systems and Networks (ISWSN), 2017, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2017.
• MSc Electrical Engineering, The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
• B.Eng Electrical, Mehran UET, Pakistan
• Sensorless Control Techniques for Variable Speed Drives
• Simulation Modeling of Power Electric and Power Electronic Systems
• Integrated and Modular Motor Drives
• Grid Integration of Large Scale Renewable Energy Systems
• Design of High Speed and Power Dense Machines
• R.U.A. Shaikh and H. Shaikh, Analysis of field oriented controlled AC drive fed by a back to back three level NPC Converter, 2017 IEEE First International Conference on Latest Trends in Electrical Engineering & Computing Technologies (INTELLECT).
• R.U.A. Shaikh, A. Saeed and R. Kumar, Review on Present and Future Integration Techniques for Capacitors in Motor Drives, 2018 IEEE International Conference on Computing, Mathematics & Engineering Technologies (iCoMET), 2018
• Developing Solutions Masters Scholar at University of Nottingham
• Student Leader Award (Bronze) Awarded by Nottingham Students Union
• Mehran University Entrance Scholarship
• Mehran University Academic Merit Grants
• 2nd Position in MSc Electrical Engineering Cohort 2015 at University of Nottingham, UK
• MS (Business Administration), Pakistan
• MBA (Finance), Pakistan
• BSc, Pakistan
Lecturer, DACB, DHA, Karachi
• Shabib ul Hasan and ErumFatima (2012),Social Networking Websites: Conduit for Women Entrepreneurs in Pakistan, International Journal of Computing and Corporate Research, 2 (5).
• Atif Hasan, Erum Fatima and Rizwana Bashir (2013), Social Media Marketing Opportunities and Threats for Young Entrepreneurs in Pakistan,international Journal of Management Sciences and Business Research,ISSN:2226-8235, Vol 2, No. 1, January 2013 Pg. 23-28.
• Recipient of Dr.Adbul Qadeer Khan Shield
• MS(Business Administration) from Hamdard University, Karachi in 2016
Lecturer, DACB, DHA, Karachi
• Analysis of Risk Management practices in Business Enterprises of Pakistan (GMJACS), December 2013
• Stress Management in Private Banks of Pakistan, Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS), June 2013
• Launching Centerpoint Training Institute, www.ecch.com, 2013
• ME (Water Resources Engineering), NED University
• BE (Civil Engineering), NED University
ME thesis Title “Regional Climate Model Evaluation for Lower Sindh”
• Urban drainage and sewer system design
• Climate Change impacts on water resources
• Hydrologic Modeling for effective watershed management
• Best management practices in reducing contaminant transport in drinking water bodies
Engr. Syeda Wafa Zehra Abidi
• M.E Transportation Engineering, NED University
• B.E Civil Engineering, NED University
Ms. Urooba Javed
• MS (Computer Science), IBA
• BS (Computer Science), DHA Suffa University
Ms. Sidrah Abdullah
• MS (CSIT), NED UET
• BS (CS), Jinnah University for Women – Gold Medalist