• Bari, Khan, Lowe, Farooqi – Measurement of Thermal Diffusivity for Alumina Borosilicate Glass Bearing TRISO Fuel Particles_Experiment and Modelling Correlation – Journal of Materials Science – v48 n14 pp4866 2013
• Ali, Buckthorpe, Cheyene, Farooqi, Mummery – Comparative Study of Predictive Finite Element Methods for Mechanical Properties in 2D Woven Carbon/Carbon Composites, Advanced Materials Science – v59 pp116 2009
• Farooqi, Sheikh – Finite Element Modelling of Thermal Transport in Ceramic Matrix Composite – Computational Materials Science – v37 n3 pp361 2006
• Ali, Farooqi, Buckthorpe, Cheyene, Mummery – Comparative Study of Predictive FE Methods for Mechanical Properties of Nuclear Composites – Journal of Nuclear Materials – n3 v383 pp247 2009
• Khan, Al-Sulaiman, Farooqi, Younas – Fatigue Life Predictions in Woven Carbon Fabric/Polyester Composites based on Modulus Degradation – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – n5 v20 pp377 2001
• Khan, Al-Sulaiman, Farooqi – Fatigue Damage Characterization in Plain-Weave Carbon-Carbon Fabric Reinforced Plastic Composites – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – n15 v17 pp1320 1998
• Mokheimer, Antar, Farooqi, Zubair – Analytical and Numerical Solution along with PC Spread-sheet Modeling for a Composite Fin – Heat and Mass Transfer – n4 v32 pp229 1997
• PhD (Thermofluids) University Technology, Malaysia
• MS (Nuclear Engineering) PIEAS, Islamabad
• BE (Mechanical) NED University, Karachi
• Combustion, gasification of coals and biomass
• Energy engineering
Research Projects (Ongoing and Completed):
• Pyrolysis process development and surface chemical treatment of palm wastes based activated carbon to improve its adsorption capacity in industrial wastewater treatment process (KACST Funded Project – 2 Million SR)
• Energy Management Studies of Faculty of Engineering at King Abdul Aziz University, Rabigh, Saudi Arabia (SR 50,000 KAU Funded Project, Already Completed)
• Pyrolysis and devolatization behavior of Palm dates wastes (KAU Funding available – SR 50,000, Completed)Publications
United States PATENT:
• Iqbal Ahmed, Ahmad Hussain, Hani Hussain Sait (2017) HIGH PERFORMANCE MINI-PUMP FOR LIQUIDS, United States Patent Application Publication, Pub. No.: US 2017/0184122 A1; Pub. January, 2019
Selected Journal Publications:
• Asifa Bashir, Farzana Hanif, Ghazala Yasmeen, Fazal Mabood, Ahmad Hussain, Naseem Abbas, Ammar Bin Yousaf, Muhammad Aamir, Suryyia Manzoor (2019) Polyaniline based magnesium nanoferrite composites as efficient photocatalysts for the photodegradation of Indigo Carmine in aqueous solutions, Desalination and Water Treatment, doi:10.5004/dwt.2019.24394, Accepted Article 7-6-2019, Impact Factor = 1.383
• Ahmad Hussain, Iqbal Ahmad, Mahrukh Zaidi (2019) The Importance of Seawater Intake and Its Treatment Techniques for RO Desalination Plant, Pakistan Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, PCSIR, Scientific Information Centre. Accepted Article in Press. (HEC – Y Category Journal) Accepted 5-3-2019
• Ahmad Hussain, Faraz Junejo, Muhammad Nauman Qureshi, Afzal HAque (2019) Hydrodynamic and combustion behavior of low-grade coals in the riser of a circulating fluidized bed combustor, NUST Journal of Engineering Sciences, Accepted Article in Press. (HEC – X Category Journal) Accepted 10-3-2019
• Lubna Khlaid, Ahmad Hussain (2019) From Theory to Practice: Classroom Application of Outcome-Based Education in SZABIST Schools at Larkana, Pakistan, 3rd International Social Sciences and Humanities Berlin Conference, Berlin, 02-05 May, 2019
• Ahmad Hussain, Syed Murtuza Mehdi, Amjad Ali, Muhammad Adeel, Mohammed Hassan Jabal, Farid Nasir Ani (2018)Investigation of tribological characteristics of castor oil with mineral oil blends, First online 23 October(2018), Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences (JEAS), Vol 37 No 1 (HEC Recognized X – Category Journal)
• Farhad Ali, Ahmad Hussain, Yasmin Nergis,, Mughal Sharif, Sadaf Faryal Shah, Absar Ahmed Khan (2018) Impact of Eutrophication on Shallow Marine Water near Karachi , Coast, Pakistan, Proceedings of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences: Pakistan Academy of Sciences B. Life and Environmental Sciences 55 (2): 27–36 (HEC – Y Category Journal)
• Shamoon Jamshed, Shafiq Rehman Qureshi, Aqueel Shah, Ahmad Hussain (2018) Investigation of Entropy Generation Rate and its Minimization in Helical Grooved Tubes, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology (Springer), Accepted Article. Impact Factor = 1.194
• Maaz Akhtar, Sayyad Zahid Qamar, Syed Murtuza Mehdi, Ahmad Hussain (2018) Diffusion-based swelling in elastomers under low- and high-salinity brine, Journal of Elastomers & Plastics, 51 (1): 75-84, First Online 9 September 2018 (IF = 0.783) https://doi.org/10.1177/0095244318796622
• Ahmad Hussain, Murtuza Mehdi, Maaz Akhtar, Farid Nasir Ani, Iqbal Ahmed (2018) Combustion Performance of Diesel Palm Olein Fuel: A Combined CFD and Experimental Approach, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Volume 43, Issue 3: pp 1291–1300 https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-017-2823-5Impact Factor = 0.86
• Ahmad Hussain, Syed Murtuza Mehdi, Amjad Ali, Muhammad Adeel, Mohammed Hassan Jabal, Farid Nasir Ani (2018) Investigation of tribological characteristics of castor oil with mineral oil blends, Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences (JEAS), Vol 37 No. 1 .(HEC Recognized X – Category Journal)https://journals.uetjournals.com/index.php/JEAS/article/view/2688
• Farhad Ali, Ahmad Hussain, Yasmin Nergis, Mughal Sharif, Sadaf Faryal Shah (2018) Impact of Eutrophication on Shallow Marine Water near Karachi Coast, Pakistan, Proceedings of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences, 55 (2): 27–36 ( HEC Recognized X – Category Journal)http://www.paspk.org/proceedings/
• Murtuza Mehdi, Maaz Akhtar, Ahmad Hussain, Muhammad Nauman, Dheya Shuja Alothmany, Iqbal Ahmed and Kyung-Hyun Choi (2017) Dip coated stretchable and bendable PEDOTPSS films on low modulus micro-bumpy PDMS substrate, Journal of Polymer Engineering, Published ahead of printing, https://doi.org/10.1515/polyeng-2017-0081Impact Factor = 0.66
• Ahmad Hussain, Murtuza Mehdi, Maaz Akhtar, Farid Nasir Ani, Iqbal Ahmed (2017) Combustion Performance of Diesel Palm Olein Fuel: A Combined CFD and Experimental Approach, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Accepted Article in Press. Impact Factor = 0.86
• Yasmin Nergis, Mughal Sharif, Ahmad Hussain, Jawad A Butt1 and Yusra Tahir (2017) Reed Bed Technology and Recharging on Groundwater: Mitigating the Climate Effect of Coastal Areas, Journal of Earth Science & Climatic Change 8:7, DOI: 10.4172/2157-7617.1000406 Impact Factor = 1.06
• Ahmad Hussain, Shahid Ali, Iqbal Ahmed, Jolius Gimbun, Muhammad H. Albeirutty and Zulfiqar Ahmad Rehan (2016) Microwave Reinforced Transesterification of Rubber Seed Oil Using Waste Cement Clinker Catalyst, Current Nanoscience Volume 12 (E-pub ahead of print). Impact Factor = 1.096
• Syed Murtuza Mehdi,Maaz Akhtar, Ahmad Hussain (2016) CFD Study of Liquid Sodium inside a Wavy Tube for Laminar Convectors: Effect of Reynolds Number, Wave Pitch and Wave Amplitude, Mathematical Problems in Engineering , Volume 2016, Article ID 6146195, 7 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/6146195Impact Factor = 1.381
• Syed Murtuza Mehd, Maaz Akhtar, Ahmad Hussain (2016) Electromechanical Response of Dip-coated Silver Films on Micro Bumpy Polymer Surface, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, doi:10.1007/s13369-016-2358- Impact Factor = 0.4
• Zainal Abidin Yusof, Iqbal Ahmed, Ahmad Hussain (2015) Thermal Evaluation of Diesel/Hydrogen Peroxide Fuel Blend, Chemical Engineering Technology 38, No. 12, 2170–2180. Impact Factor = 2.44
• Ahmad Hussain, Fouad Abulaban, Syed Khubaib, Sajjad Mubin (2015) Steady state and transient thermalhydraulic analysis of PHWR using COBRA-3C/RERTR, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology – Transaction of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 39, No.M1, pp 233-242 Impact Factor = 0.53
• Abdelkarim M. Hegab, Hani Hussain Sait Ahmad Hussain (2015) Impact of the Surface Morphology on the Combustion of Simulated Solid Rocket Motor, Mathematical Problems in Engineering Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Volume 2015, Article ID 485302, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/485302 Impact Factor = 1.381
• Dheya Shujaa Al-Othmany, Ahmad Hussain, Essam Banoqitah (2015)High-Level Radioactive Waste Storage Feasibility for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, ISSN 1319-8025 Volume 40 Number 1:195-203, DOI 10.1007/s13369-014-1503-y Impact Factor = 0.4
• Syed Waheed ul Hasan, Ahmad Hussain (2014) Date Palm Waste Gasification in Downdraft Gasifier and Simulation using ASPEN HYSYS Energy Conversion & Management 88:693-699 Impact Factor = 3.59
• Mustafa Zaidi, Imran Amin, Ahmad Hussain, Nukman Yusoff (2014) Error assessment of laser cutting predictions by semi-supervised learning, Journal of Central South University (Springer) 221: 3736−3745 DOI: 10.1007/s11771-014-2357-x Impact Factor = 0.464
• Fathi Djouider, Ahmad Hussain (2014) A laboratory study of the oxidation of non toxic Cr(III) to toxic Cr(VI) by OH. free radicals in simulated atmospheric water droplets conditions: Potential environmental impact Journal of Hazardous Materials (Elsevier) 276: 19-25 Impact Factor = 4.14
• Abdullah Alshehri, Ahmad Hussain, Yousof Almubarak (2014) Energy Conversion Measures in the Industries of Saudi Arabia and Development of Methodology for Certification of Energy Personnel in the Kingdom, Energy Policy (Elsevier) 64: 203-208 Impact Factor = 3.382
• Abdulkarim Hegab, Hani Hussain Sait, Ahmad Hussain, A.S. Said (2014) Numerical Modeling for the Combustion of Simulated Solid Rocket Motor Propellant, Computers and Fluids (Elsevier) 89: 29-37. Impact Factor = 1.830
• Siti Nur Sakinah Jamaludin, S. Basri, Ahmad Hussain, Dheya Al-Othmany, F. Mustapha and Dewan Muhammad Nuruzzaman (2014) Three Dimensional Finite Element Modeling of Thermomechanical Problems in Functionally Graded Hydroxyapatite/Titanium Plate, Mathematical Problems in Engineering. Impact Factor = 1.380
• Ahmad Hussain, Fouad Abolaban (2014) Nuclear Desalination: A Viable Option for Producing Fresh Water- Feasibility and Techno-Economic Studies, Life Science Journal 11(1): 301-307 Impact Factor = 0.167
• Muhammad Yusuf, Abdelhamid Saoudi, Nazeeh Alothmany, Dheya Alothmany, Sameer Natto, Nurul Islam Molla, Noor Mail, Abdulraheem Abdulrahman Kinsara, Ahmad Hussain(2014) Characterization of the Optically Stimulated Luminescence nanoDot for CT Dosimetry, Life Science Journal 11. Impact Factor = 0.167
• Ahmad Hussain, Iqbal Ahmed,Hani Hussain Sait, Mohamed Ismail Basayoni, Hegab, Abdelkarim Morsy Hegab, Syed Waheed, Farid Nasir Ani (2013) An Experimental and Simulation Study of Fluidization Behavior of Palm Biomass in a Circulating Fluidized Bed Riser, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 52: 17529−17537 DOI: 10.1021/ie401856b Impact Factor = 2.206
• F. A. Abolaban, M. A. Najem, Ahmad Hussain, Majdi Alnowaimi, David Bradley (2013) Improving MVCBCT image quality using a Cu target with flattening filter-free LINAC, Life Sci J 2013;10(4):1624-1628]. (ISSN:1097-8135). Impact Factor= 0.167
• Mustafa Zaidi, Imran Amin, Ahmad Hussain, Nukman Yusoff (2013) Estimation of ANN Modelling of Laser Cutting with Missing Values, La Pensee 75 (10): 159-171. Impact Factor = 0.06
• Iqbal Ahmed, Ani Idris, Ahmad Hussain, Zainal A.M. Yusof, Muhammad Saad Khan (2013) Influence of Co-solvent Concentration on the Properties of Dope Solution and Performance of Polyethersulfone Membranes, Chemical Engineering & Technology (Wiley –VCH Verlag GmbH), 36 (10): 1-9 Impact Factor = 1.366
• Skakaib, M., Iqbal, A., Rosli M. Yunus, Ani Idris, Hussain, A. (2013) Influence of Monosodium Glutamate Additive on Morphology and Permeability Characteristics of Polyamide Dialysis Membrane, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 128, Issue 5: 3346-3355 DOI: 10.1002/APP.38377 Impact Factor = 1.395
• Hani H. Sait, Ahmad Hussain, Arshad Adam Salema, Farid Nasir Ani (2012) Pyrolysis and combustion kinetics of date palm biomass using thermogravimetric analysis, Journal of Bioresource Technology (Elsevier), 118: 382-389 Impact Factor = 4.75
• Abdelkarim Morsy Hegab, Hani HussainSait, Ahmad Hussain, Ashraf Balabel, Mahdi Almutawa, Fathi Djouider. Modeling Of Microscale Solid Rocket Composite Propellant. Life Sci J 2013; 10(4): 523-531]. (ISSN:1097-8135). http://www.lifescienceite.com. Impact Factor = 0.167
• Mahdi AlMutawa, Ahmad Hussain, Abdekarim Morsy Hegab, Faheem Hassan Akhtar. Feasibility Studies of Solar Assisted Desalination Technology for the Coastal Areas of Rabigh Using Multi Effect Desalination Method and Its Lab-Scale Demonstration. Life Sci J 2013;10(3):2691-2697]. (ISSN: 1097-8135).http://www.lifesciencesite.com. Impact Factor = 0.167
• Dheya O,Ashraf S, Ahmad H. Gamma Rays Transmission Densitometry of Distillation Columns and Development of a Computerized Expert System for Faulty Analysis, Life Sci J 2013;10(2):1613-1618]. (ISSN:1097-8135). http://www.lifesciencesite.com. 228 Impact Factor = 0.167
• Iqbal, A., Hussain,A., I, Hasani, S.M.F., Shakaib, M., Yunus, R.M. (2012) Computational modeling for visualization of flow patterns in a membrane testing device, Journal of Separation and Purification Technology 90: 1-9 Impact Factor = 3.52
• Iqbal Ahmed, Ahmad Hussain, Hani Hussain Sait (2017) High Performance Mini-Pump for Liquids, United States Patent Application Publication # US 2017/0184122 A1, Published 29 June 2017.
• PhD (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
• ME (Mechanical Engineering, Energy Systems)
• NED University of Engineering and Technology
• BE (Mechanical) NED University of Engineering and Technology
• Renewable Energy
• Thermoelectric Generator
• Micro and Nano Scale Energy Transport
Research Projects (Ongoing and Completed):
• Thermal Performance of a Thermoelectric Generator
• Design Optimization of Thermoelectric Generators for Waste Heat Extraction
• Phonon transport across thin films in relation to thermoelectric applications
• Dust & Water Repellent Surfaces for Solar PV & Concentrated Solar Application in Desert Environments
• Yilbas B.S., Mansoor S.B., Ali H., Heat transport in micro and nanoscale thin films, Elsevier, September 2017.
• Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Self-Cleaning of Surfaces and Water Droplet Mobility, Elsevier, May 2019.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Yousaf R., Al-Sharafi A., Hydrophobic Materials, Comprehensive Energy System, Elsevier, 2017. DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-809597-3.00253-4
• Tahir F., Baloch A., Ali H., Resilience of Desalination Plants for Sustainable Water Supply in Middle East, Sustainability Perspectives: Science, Policy and Practice, Springer, 2020. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-19550-2_15.
• Tahir F., Ali H., Baloch A., Jamil Y., Performance Analysis of Air and Oxy-Fuel Laminar Combustion in a Porous Plate Reactor, Energies Vol 12(9), pp. 1706, 2019.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Configuration of Segmented Leg for the Enhanced Performance of Segmented Thermoelectric Generator, International Journal of Energy Research, Vol. 41(2), pp. 274-288, 2017.
• Yilbas B.S., Hassan G., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Al-Sarkhi A., Water droplet dynamics on a hydrophobic surface in relation to the self-cleaning of environmental dust, Nature Scientific Reports, p. 2984, 2018.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi A., Thermal disturbance of thin films pair: cross-plane thermal energy transfer, The Journal of Computational and Theoretical Transport, in press, 2018.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Crossplane phonon transport and thermal boundary resistance across thin films pair, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, DOI: 10.2514/1.T5476, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Karatas C., Laser fabricated tungsten oxide surface for solar energy harvesting and dust effects, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 191, pp. 190-198, 2019.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., H.Al-Qahtani H., Laser processing of Ti6Al4V alloy: wetting state of surface and environmental dust effects, Heliyon, Vol. 5, e01211, 2019.
• Abu-Dheir N., Rifai A., Yilbas B.S., Yousaf M.R., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Khaled M., Al-Aqeeli N., Sol-gel coating of colloidal particles deposited glass surface pertinent to self-cleaning applications, Progress in Organic Coatings, Vol. 127, pp. 202-210, 2019.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Karatas C., Al-Sharafi A., Laser texturing of Inconel 718 alloy surface: Influence of environmental dust in humid air ambient, Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 108, pp. 346-354, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., The Influence of Environmental Dust in Humid Ambient Air on Laser Surface Treated Carbide Cutting Tools, Lasers in Engineering, in press, 2019.
• Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Heating of a water droplet on inclined transparent polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) surface, Heat and Mass Transfer, in press, 2019.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Laser gas assisted nitriding and characterization of tungsten surface, Optics & Laser Technolgy, Vol. 107, pp. 274-280, 2018.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., A Water Droplet Pinning and Heat Transfer Characteristics on an Inclined Hydrophobic Surface, Nature Scientific Reports, 10.1038/s41598-018-21511-w, 2018.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Heat and flow analysis of a water droplet on hydrophobic and hydrophilic phase change material, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 122, pp. 749-764, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ibrahim A., Ali H., Khaled M., Loaui T., Hydrophobic and optical characteristics of graphene and graphene oxide films transferred onto functionalized silica particles deposited glass surface, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 442, pp. 213-223, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Aqeeli N., Droplet dynamics on a hydrophobic surface coated with N-octadecane phase change material, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Vol. 546, pp. 28-39, 2018.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Droplet heat transfer on micro-post arrays with hydrophobic and hydrophilic characteristics, ASME, J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 140, p. 072402, 2017
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Sulaiman F., C. Karatas, Effect of environmental dust particles on laser textured yttria-stabilized zirconia surface in humid air ambient Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 101, pp. 388-396, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Aqeeli N., Reversible exchange of wetting state of a hydrophobic surface via phase change material coating, RSC Advance, Vol. 8, pp. 938-947, 2018.
• Yousf M.R., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Assessment of optical transmittance of oil impregnated and non-wetted surfaces in outdoor environment towards solar energy harvesting, Solar Energy, Vol. 163, pp. 25-31, 2018.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi A., Innovative design of a thermoelectric generator with extended and segmented pin configurations, Applied Energy, Vol. 187, pp. 367-379, 2017.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Thermal characteristics and phonon transport in diamond and silicon thin films, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 31(1), pp. 56-68, 2017. (DOI: 10.2514/1.T4671)
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Innovative design of a thermoelectric generator of extended legs with tapering and segmented pin configuration: thermal performance analysis, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 123, pp. 74-91, 2017.
• Yilbas B. S., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Dynamics of water droplet on hydrophobic inclined surface: influence of droplet size and surface inclination angle on droplet rolling, RSC Advance, Vol. 7, pp. 48806-48818, 2017. (DOI: 10.1039/C7RA09345D)
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Aqeeli N., Laser gas assisted texturing and formation of nitride and oxynitride compounds on alumina surface: surface response to environmental dust, Optics and Laser in Engineering, Vol. 102, pp, 1-9, 2018.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., F. Al-Sulaiman, H. Al-Qahtani, Effect of mud drying temperature on surface characteristics of a polycarbonate PV protective cover, Solar Energy, Vol. 143, pp. 63-72, 2017.
• Yilbas B.S., Ibrahim A., Ali H., Khaled M., Laoui T., Effect of graphene film on laser textured alumina surface characteristics, Ceramics International, Vol. 43, pp. 2012-2021, 2017.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon transport across multi-layered structure subjected to laser short irradiation pulse, Optical and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 49(1), p. 9, 2017.
• Yilbas B. S., H. Ghassan, Ali H., Al-Sulaiman F., Environmental dust effects on aluminum surfaces in humid air ambient, Nature Scientific Reports, Vol. 7, p.45999, 2017.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B. S., Ali H., Heat transfer and fluid flow characteristics in a sessile droplet on oil impregnated surface under thermal disturbance, ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 139(9), p. 092004, 2017. (DOI: 10.1115/1.4036388)
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Aqeeli N., Environmental mud adhesion on optical glass surface: effect of mud drying temperature on surface properties, Solar Energy, Vol. 150, pp. 73-82, 2017.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B. S., Ali H., Water droplet adhesion on hydrophobic surfaces: influence of droplet size and inclination angle of surface on adhesion force, ASME Journal of Fluid Engineering, Vol. 138(8), p. 081302, 2017.
• H. Ghassan, Yilbas B. S., Samad M.A.. Ali H., Al-Sulaiman F., Al-Aqeeli N., Analysis of environmental dust and mud adhesion on aluminum surfaces in relation to solar energy harvesting, Solar Energy, Vol. 153, pp. 590–599, 2017.
• Yilbas B.S., Yousaf R., Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Al-Sulaiman F., Abu-Dheir N., Khaled M., Al-Aqeeli N., Silicone oil impregnated nanosilica modified glass surface and influence of environmental dust particles on optical transmittance, RSC Advances, Vol. 7(47), pp. 29762-29771, 2017.
• Shuja S.Z., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser Heating of a Steel Based Metal Matrix Composite: Influence of Laser Pulse Parameter and Particle Number Density on Melt Pool Size, Laser in Engineering, in press, 2017.
• Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Sahin A. Z., Al-Aqeeli N., Al-Sulaiman F., Khaled M., Flow and Heat Transfer in a Droplet Located on a Superhydrophobic Surface, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Vol. 121, pp. 213-227, 2017.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Sharafi A., Al-Aqeeli N., Abu-Dheir N., Al-Sulaiman F., Khaled M., Characteristics of solar selective absorber surface subjected to environmental dust in humid air ambient, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 172, pp. 186-194, 2017.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi A., Thermal transport in thin dielectric films with minute size aluminum dot in relation to microelectronics, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 127, pp. 1025-1035, 2017.
• Ali D., Yilbas B.S., Pirim H., Ali H. Texture analysis of crystallized hydrophobic polycarbonate and polydimethylsiloxane surfaces using persistent homology, Coating, 10.3390/coatings7090139, 2017.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Water droplet mobility on a hydrophobic surface under a thermal radiative heating, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 128, pp. 92-106, 2018.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Sharafi, A Segmented thermoelectric generator: exponential area variation in leg, International Journal of Energy Research, Vol. 42, pp. 477-489, 2017.
• Shuja S.Z., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser Heating of a Moving Slab: Influence of Duty Cycle and Irradiated Spot Diameter on Temperature Field, Laser in Engineering, in press, 2017.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon cross-plane transport and thermal boundary resistance: effect of heat source size and thermal boundary resistance on phonon characteristics, Continuum Mechanics and Thermodynamics, Vol. 28, pp. 1373-1393, 2016.
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Sahin A.Z., Ali H., Flow Field inside a sessile droplet on a hydrophobic surface in relation to self cleaning applications of dust particles, ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 139(4), p. 042003, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Salhi B., Rizwan M., Al-Sulaiman F., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Surface characteristics of silicon nanowires/nanowalls subjected to octadecyltrichlorosilane deposition and noctadecane coating, Nature Scientific Reports, Vol. 6, p.38678, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Khaled, Al-Aqeeli N., Al-Sulaiman F., Laser gas assisted texturing of alumina surfaces and effects of environmental dry mud solution on surface characteristics, Ceramics International, Vol. 24(1-A), pp. 396-404, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser texturing of Hastelloy C276 alloy surface for improved hydrophobicity and friction coefficient, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 78, pp. 140-147, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Karatas C., Laser gas assisted treatment of Ti-alloy: Analysis of surface characteristics, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 78, Part B, pp. 159-166, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Karatas C., Laser treatment of Inconel 718 alloy and surface characteristics, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 78, Part B, pp. 153-158, 2016.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Dweik A. Y., Non-equilibrium energy transport and entropy production due to laser short-pulse irradiation, Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 94(1), pp. 130-138, 2016.
• Al-Sharafi A., Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Sahin A.Z., Khaled M. M., Al-Aqeeli N., Al-Sulaiman F., Influence of thermalcapillary and buoyant forces on flow characteristics in a droplet on a hydrophobic surface, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Vol. 102, pp. 239-253, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Abu-Dheir N., Khaled M. M., Influence of mud residues on solvent induced crystalized polycarbonate surface used as PV protective cover, Solar Energy, Vol. 125, pp. 282-293, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Akhtar S.S., Karatas C, Ali H., Boran K., Khaled M., Al-Aqeeli N., Aleem B.J. A., Laser Treatment of Aluminum Composite and Investigation of Thermal Stress Field, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 86(9), pp. 3547-3561, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Oubaha M.M., Khaled M., Abu-Dheir N., Laser gas assisted nitriding and sol-gel coating of alumina surfaces: effect of environmental dust on surfaces, Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 289, pp. 11-22, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Khaled M., Abu-Dheir N., Varanasi K. K., Solvent induced crystallization of a polycarbonate surface and texture copying by PDMS towards improved surface hydrophobicity, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 133(22), p. 43467, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Rizwan M., Kassas M., Laser treatment of a neodymium magnet and analysis of surface characteristics, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 82, pp. 191-198, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Khaled M., Abu-Dheir N., Varanasi K. K., Characterization of environmental dust in the Dammam area and mud after-effects on bisphenol-a polycarbonate sheets, Nature Scientific Reports, Vol. 6, p. 24308, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Bhushan B., Ali H., Askandarani A., Coating of Nanocrystalline metallic wires on steel substrate: Mechanical characteristics of coating layer, Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly, Vol. 55(3), pp. 295-302, 2016.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Ballistic Phonon and Thermal Radiation Transport across a Minute Vacuum Gap in Between Aluminum and Silicon Thin Films: Effect of Laser Repetitive Pulses on Transport Characteristics, Physica B, Vol. 495, pp. 21-34, 2016.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Al-Sulaiman F., Segmented Thermoelectric Generator: Influence of Pin Shape Configuration on the Device Performance, Energy, Vol. 111, pp. 439-452, 2016.
• Rizwan M., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Aqeeli N., Replication of Laser Textured Alumina Surfaces by PDMS: Improvement of Surface Hydrophobicity, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 133(41), p. 44015, 2016. (DOI: 10.1002/APP.44015)
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Thermal transport across a thin silicon films pair with presence of minute vacuum gap: effect of film thickness on thermal characteristics, Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 94(9), pp. 933-944, 2016.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Energy Transport across the thin films pair with presence of minute vacuum gap at interface, Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics, 2016. (DOI: 10.1515/jnet-2016-0030)
• Al-Sharafi A., Yilbas B.S., Sahin A.Z., Ali H., Al-Qahtani H., Heat transfer characteristics and internal fluidity of a sessile droplet on hydrophilic and hydrophobic surfaces, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 108, pp. 628-640, 2016.
• Shuja S.Z., Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Karatas C., Laser pulse heating of steel mixing with WC particles in a irradiated region, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 86, pp. 126-135, 2016.
• A. Al-Sharafi, Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Sahin A.Z., Internal fluidity of a sessile droplet with presence of particles on hydrophobic surface, Numerical Heat Transfer: Part A, Vol. 70(10), pp. 1118-1140, 2016.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Influence of pin material configurations on thermoelectric generator performance, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 129, pp. 157-167, 2016.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon transport in a silicon film with the presence of an aluminum dot in the film, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Transport, Vol. 44, pp. 254-279, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon transport in a thin film due to temperature oscillation at the film edge, International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, Vol. 16(7-8), pp. 315-324, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Sahin A.Z., Exergy analysis of a thermoelectric power generator: influence of bi-tapered pin geometry on device characteristics, Int. J. Exergy, Vol. 16(1), pp. 53-71, 2015.
• Ali H., Mansoor S.B., Yilbas B.S., Thermal characteristics of an aluminum thin film due to temperature disturbance at film edges, Journal of Thermophysics, Vol. 36, pp. 157-182, 2015.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Khaled M. M., Al-Aqeeli N., Abu-Dheir N., Varanasi K. K., Influence of dust and mud on optical, chemical and mechanical properties of PV protective glass, Nature Scientific Reports, Vol. 5, p. 15833, 2015.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Khaled M., Al-Aqeeli N., Abu-Dheir N., Varanasi K. K., Characteristics of laser textured silicon surface and effect of mud adhesion on hydrophobicity, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 351, pp. 880-888, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon transport in silicon-diamond thin film pairs: consideration of thermal boundary Resistance due to cut-off mismatch and diffusive mismatch models, Numerical Heat Transfer, Part A: Applications, Vol. 68, pp. 1307-1330, 2015.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Thermoelectric generator performance analysis: Influence of pin tapering on the first and second law efficiencies, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 100, pp. 138-146, 2015.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Closed form solution for temperature rise in a two-layer assembly during laser step input pulse heating consideration of convection cooling at surface, Laser in Engineering, Vol. 32(3-4), pp. 241-261, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Phonon transport characteristics across the silicon thin films pair: presence of a gap in between the film, Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics, Vol. 40(3), pp. 153-170, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Transient effects of temperature disturbance on phonon characteristics in thin diamond film, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Transport, Vol. 44(3), pp. 119-140, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Energy transport across thin silicon-diamond films pair with minute vacuum gap at the interface, Optical and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 48(8), pp. 2821-2841, 2015.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Effect of film thickness on thermal transport characteristics in Aluminum thin film, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 29(4), pp. 711-724, 2015.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser treatment of alumina surface with chemically distinct carbide particles, Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 64, pp. 1-6, 2014.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Entropy generation in silicon thin film: influence of film thickness on entropy generation rate, Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics, Vol. 39 (3), pp. 147-158, 2014.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Effect of temperature oscillation on thermal characteristics of an aluminum thin film, Applied Physics A, Vol. 117(4), pp. 2143–2158, 2014.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Al-Dweik A. Y., Thermal Stress Analysis and Entropy Generation Rate Due to Laser Short Pulse Heating of a metallic surface, Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 92(12), pp. 1681-1687, 2014.
• Ali H., Yilbas B.S., Influence of heat source size and film thickness on phonon transport in a two-dimensional thin film, Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics, Vol. 39 (2), pp. 79-91, 2014.
• Ali H., Sahin A.Z., Yilbas B.S., Thermodynamic analysis of a thermoelectric power generator in relation to geometric configuration device pins, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 78, pp. 634-640, 2014.
• Ali H., and Gandhidasan P., Performance Evaluation of Photovoltaic String with Compound Parabolic Concentrator, International Conference on Energy and Environment Research (ICEER 2014), July 18-19, Madrid, Spain.
• Tahir F., Ali H., Baloch AB, Transient Analysis of Air Bubble Rise in Stagnant Water Column Using CFD, Eleven International Conference on Thermal Engineering: Theory and Applications, February 25-28, 2018, Doha, Qatar.
• Tahir F., Ali H., Baloch AB, Analysis of steam reforming of methane integrated with solar central receiver system, Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference Proceedings 2018: EEPD969 DOI: 10.5339/qfarc.2018.EEPD969.
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser ablation method for treating a copper alloy containing metallic surface and increasing hydrophobicity, US 20170014946 A1
• Yilbas B.S., Ali H., Laser ablation method for treating a zirconia containing ceramic surface, US9708225 B2
Dr. Faheem Akhter
Assistant Professor & HOD(MS), HOD(HU)
• HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
• PhD (Public Administration) University of Karachi.
• MBA (General Management) IBA, University of Sindh
• LLB (Minor Act and Labor Law), SM Law College.
• M.A. (International Relations) University of Karachi.
• Advanced Certificate in Islamic Jurisprudence
• International Islamic University Islamabad
• Graduate of Pakistan Military Academy
• Human Resource Management
• Supply Chain Management
• Project Management
• Industrial Relations
• Legal Affairs and Corporate Law
• General Management
• Extremism and Intolerance: Psycho-Social Analysis and Wayforward, 2019, Journal of Education & Social Sciences
• Terrorism in Pakistan: Genesis, Damages and Way Forward, 2019, Journal of Management Sciences
• Good Governance in Extremism and Militancy: Pakistan’s Case, 2018, Journal of Education and Social Sciences
• Pakistan’s Emerging Challenges: Increasing Militancy, Decreasing Governance, 2016, International Journal of Humanities and Social Science
• Extremism in Pakistan: Need to refreshing the garden through Reformation, 2016, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences
• Education, dialogue and deterrence Tools to counter terrorism, 2016, Journal of Sociology and Anthropology
• Conflict and Job Satisfaction, 2016, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences
• Postdoctoral Research Associate (Graph Theoretic modeling of Human Performance Data), Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada, 2020
• PhD (with distinction) (Computer Engineering: Human-centric machine learning), Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada, 2019.
• MSc (Computational Science), Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada, 2014
• MCS University of Karachi, 2000
• BSc Department of Mathematics, University of Karachi, 1997
• Applications of AI in Human Performance Data Analysis, Data Analysis
• Modeling human behavior (Recognition Primed Decision Making, Situation awareness) for agents using e.g. Petri-nets, Ontology, Markov-nets.
• DANIAL, S. N., VEITCH, B., and SMITH, D. A method to detect anomalies in complex socio-technical operations using structural similarity*.Human-Automation Integration in the Maritime Sector a special issue of Marine Science and Engineering* (under peer-review)
• SAJID, Z., da Silva, M. A. B., Sher, F., DANIAL, S. N. Historical analysis of the role of governance systems in the development of biofuels in the United States of America and Brazil. *Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews* (under peer-review)
• DANIAL, S. N., SMITH, J., VEITCH, B, and KHAN, F. On the realization of the Recognition-Primed Decision model for artificial agents. *Human-Centric Computing and Information Science* (2019) 9:36. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13673-019-0197-2
• DANIAL, S. N., SMITH, J., KHAN, F., VEITCH, B. Situation Awareness modelling for Emergency Management on Offshore Platforms. *Human-Centric Computing and Information Science*. (2019) 9: 37. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13673-019-0199-0
• DANIAL, S. N., SMITH, J., KHAN, F., VEITCH, B. Human-Like Sequential learning of escape routes for virtual reality agents. *Fire Technology *55(3), 1057-1083, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10694-019-00819-7
• DANIAL, S. N., KHAN, F., VEITCH, B. A Generalized Stochastic Petri Net model of route learning for emergency egress situations. *Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence **72*, 2018.
• DANIAL S. N., NOOR S. R., USMANI B. A., AND ZAIDI S.J.H., A Dynamical System and Neural Network Perspective of Karachi Stock Exchange Returns, in International Multi – Topic Conference IMTIC 2008 , Dr. M. Akbar Hussain, Abdul Qadeer Khan Rajput, Bhawani Shankar Chowdhry and Quintin Gee (Eds.), Mehran University Jamshoro, Pakistan. April 11-12, 2008. Revised Selected Papers. Wireless Networks, Information Processing and Systems, Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 20, pp. 88-99, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 2008. ISSN: 1865-0929. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-89853-5_11
• DANIAL S. N., NOOR R., USMANI B. A., AND ZAIDI S.J.H. On the Dimensional Estimate of Rounding-Errors of a typical Computing Process, in IEEE-International Multi-Topic Conference (INMIC 11), 2007, Lahore, Pakistan. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/tocresult.jsp?isnumber=4557672&isYear=2007
Dr. Rida Ahmed
Assistant Professor & HOD(BS)
• PhD (Chemistry) H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry, University of Karachi
• MSc. (Applied Chemistry) University of Karachi
• Natural Product Chemistry
• Drug Development
1. Ahmed,R.; Zafar,S.; Li,B.; Peng,C.; Zhang,W.; Peng,Q.; Qin,Y.; Wang, W. Analytical Methods for the Quality Control of Saffron.(manuscript in process).
2. Xie,Q.; Haung,J.; Ahmed,R.; Chen,Y.; Zhang,X.; Xiao,H.; Choudhary,M.I.;Wang,W. An Analytical Approach for the Quality Control of Jianpi Jiedu Recipe by UHPLC-ESI-MS/MS (in process).
3. Zafar,S.; Rahman,IU.;Khan,A; Ahmed,R. Adsorption of Organic Dyes on Non-conventional and Inexpensive Adsorbent, (Submitted).
4. Xiao,H.; Huang,J.; Zhang,X.; Ahmed,R.; Xie,Q.; Li,B.; Zhu,Y.; Cai,X.; Peng,Q.; Qin,Y.; Huang,H.; Wang,W. Identification of Potential Diagnostic Biomarkers of Acute Pancreatitis by Serum Metabolomic Profiles. Pancreatology 2017, 17(4), 543-549, Impact factor 2.724.
5. Zafar,S.; Ahmed,R.; Khan,R. Biotransformation: A Green and Efficient Way of Antioxidant Synthesis. Free Radical Research. 2016, 50(9), 939-948, Impact factor 2.949.
6. Ahmed,R.; Wang,Y.; Ali,Z.; Smillie,T.J.; Khan,I.A.HPLC Method for Chemical Fingerprinting of Guggul (Commiphora wightii) – Quantification of E- and Z-Guggulsterones, and Detection of Possible Adulterants. Planta Medica. 2016, 82(4), 356-61. Impact factor 2.152.
7. Ahmed,R.; Ali,Z.; Wu,Y.; Kulkarni,S.; Avery,M. A.; Choudhary,M.I.; Rahman, AU.; Khan,I.A. Chemical Characterization of a commercial Commiphora wightii Resin Sample and Chemical Profiling to Assess for Authenticity. Planta Medica. 2011 Jun; 77(9):945-50, Impact factor 2.152.
8. Yousuf,S.; Ahmed,R.; Ali,Z.; Choudhary,M.I.; Ng,S. W. (20S)-20-Acetoxy-4-pregnene-3, 16-dione from Commiphora wightii. Acta Crystallographia. 2010, 66(Pt 12), Impact factor 0.347.
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D., (2019). Activity-based model for medium-sized cities considering external activity-travel: Enhancing FEATHERS framework. Future Generation Computer Systems. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2019.01.055 Impact Factor: 4.64
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D., (2019). A Comprehensive Modeling Framework to Integrate External Trips in a Travel Demand Model. Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CP.1943-5487.0000817 Impact Factor: 2.30
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M. and Bellemans, T., (2018). Modeling External Trips: Review of Past Studies and Directions for Way Forward. Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems, 144(9). Available at: http://ascelibrary.org/doi/10.1061/JTEPBS.0000179. Impact Factor: 0.90
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Knapen, L., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D. (2018) ‘Modelling Distribution of External–Internal Trips and Its Intra-region and Inter-region Transferability’, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, accepted, doi: 10.1007/s13369-018-3482-x. Impact Factor: 1.09
Hussain I.; Khan M.A.; Baqueri S.F.A., Shah, S.A.R., Bashir, M.K., Khan, M.M., Khan, I.A., (2017). An Organizational-Based Model and Agent-Based Simulation for Co-Traveling at an Aggregate Level. Applied Sciences, 7(12), p.1221. Available at: http://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/7/12/1221. Impact Factor: 1.689
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., and Ali M. S., (2019) ‘Potential Of Integrated Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) System In Motorcycle Dominant Cities’, in 10th International Civil Engineering Conference Karachi, Pakistan
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Kochan, B. and Bellemans, T. (2018) ‘Modeling residents external activity-travel in an activity-based model using FEATHERS’, in hEART Conference, Athens, Greece
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Knapen, L. and Bellemans, T. (2017) ‘Modelling External-Internal Trips at Traffic Analysis Zones Using Open-Source Data’, in Young Researchers Seminar. Berlin, Germany
Baqueri, S.F.A., Lee W. D., Knapen L., Bellemans T., Janssens D., Wetz G., 2016. Estimating Incoming Cross-border Trips Through Land Use data Resources – A Case of Karachi City, The 7th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2016), Madrid, Spain
Baqueri, S.F.A., Ectors W., Ali M. S., Janssens D., 2016. Estimation of Value of Time for a Congested Network – A case study of the National Highway, Karachi, The 7th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2016) Madrid, Spain
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Baqueri S.F.A., 2015. Toll Estimation as a function of Time-Dependent Link Cost, vehicle category and distance– A Case Study for Karachi, The 14th International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Engineering, February 24-25, Tehran, Iran
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Noman S.M., Baqueri, S.F.A., 2013. Estimation of Traffic Congestion Cost-A Case Study of a Major Arterial in Karachi”, IEDC 2013, 4th International Symposium on Infrastructure Engineering on Developing Countries, December 26-28, Karachi, Pakistan (Elsevier Journal)
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Baqueri S.F.A., 2012. “Development of a Socio-Economic Zoning System of the Karachi Metropolis for Effective Transportation Planning”, AWAM international Conference of Civil Engineering (AICCE), August 2012, Malaysia
Programs Incharge BS (English) & BS (International Relations)
• Recipient of Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal. National Youth Award for English Literature by Ministry of Youth Affairs, Young Achiever Award by Ministry of Culture. Holds a PhD in European Studies, her major being English Literature and Linguistics. Has completed MPhil Course Study in English literature, another MPhil Course Study in European Studies.
Holds a Masters in English Literature, and another Masters in Linguistics. She is an English poet and a writer.
• PhD European Studies, 2019: Area Study Centre for Europe, University of Karachi. CGPA: 3.9
• MPhil: Area Study Centre for Europe University of Karachi. Completed MPhil Course Study in European Studies with distinction securing 3.8 GPA in 2012.
• MPhil: Punjab University, Lahore. Completed M Phil Course Study in the subject of English Literature with distinction.
• Masters: Government College University, Lahore. Masters in English Literature with distinction and Roll of Honour.
• Masters: University of Karachi. Masters in Linguistics, 1st Division, 2009.
• Bachelors (Gold Medalist): Lahore College for Women University, Lahore. Bachelors in English Literature with distinction, securing Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal Division: 1st
• Research article titled “The Ethno-linguistic divide in Belgium: Postcolonial Readings (https://www.academia.edu/11329044/The_EthnoLinguistic_Divide_in_Belgium_Postcolonial_Readings) has been published in the Journal of European Studies, University of Karachi
• Research article titled “Reworking of Antigone by Jean Anouilh” has been published in the Journal of European Studies, University of Karachi. (https://www.academia.edu/14637021/Reworking_of_Antigone_by_Jean_an Ouilh)
• Research article titled “Ben Jonson’s Volpone” has been published in the Journal of European Studies, University of Karachi.
• Presented her paper titled “Deconstruction of the Ethno-linguistic Praxis of the Khoja Diaspora: A Post-colonial Perspective” in an international conference at the Western Indian Ocean Studies Programme at Florida International University, USA in November 2015.
• Her paper titled “From the Alchemical to the Subliminal elements in Rumi: A Metaphysical Perspective” was selected for an international conference in University of Paderborn, Germany, May 2016.
• Presented paper titled “The Role of Education in Fostering Environmental Policies in Pakistan and the EU: A Comparative Study”, in a workshop held at the Area Study Centre for Europe.
• Review of the book, Globalization, Multilateralism, Europe: Towards a Better Global Governance?, Surrey: Ashgate, 2013 by Mario Telo (ed.) has been published in the Journal of European Studies.
• Review of the book, EU’s Foreign Policy; What kind of Power and Diplomatic Action?, Ashgate, 2013 by Mario Telo has been published in the Journal of European Studies.
• Review of the book, European Union Foreign Policy in a Changing World, 3rd ed. Cambridge: Polity Press, 2014 by Karen E. Smith was published in the Journal of European Studies.
• Review of the book, Turbulent and the Mighty Continent: What future for Europe? By Antony Giddens, Polity Press, 2014 has been published in the Journal of European Studies.
• Has been writing for The Nation, a famous English Daily, since 1996. Started her career as a free-lance and has been a contributor to the Sunday Plus, The Nation. Her write-ups and poetry have been published in various magazines and have also been winning prizes at both Collegiate and University levels.
• Winner of Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal in English Literature, Bachelors.
• Winner of the National Youth Award in the field of English Literature, by Ministry of Youth Affairs, Government of Pakistan.
• Young Achiever Award from the Ministry of Culture.
• Highest aggregate score in the subjects of English Language and English Literature in the Bachelors.
• Winner of Co-Curricular Roll of Honour at LCWU.
• Achieved the title of Best Poetess at LCWU, Lahore.
• First female editor of the Ravi magazine (English Section )GCU, circulated internationally, for the year 2004.
• Editor of Kiran magazine (English Section) at LCWU.
• Built a record at LCWU by holding three offices simultaneously; Editor Kiran English Section, President English Literary Society and President Quaid e Azam Society.
• Member of the Seniors Club at GCU, comprising toppers from different disciplines.
• Active member of the NGO, PIPFPD (Pakistan India Peoples’ Forum for Peace and Democracy) since 2004.
• Participated in numerous international creative writing competitions and achieved distinctions such as one from the Japanese GOE Peace Making Essay Writing Competition.
• Arranged numerous seminars, workshops and lectures both at LCWU and GCU, and has been participating in various educational programmes. Her poetry is widely acclaimed in literary circles and has been winning prizes
• Won quiz programmes arranged by the PTV.
• PhD (Systems Engineering) King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• MS (Systems Engineering) King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• BE (Industrial Electronics Engineering) IIEE-NEDUET, Karachi, Pakistan
• Industrial Applications of Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence (e.g., Soft Sensors, APC, NDT)
• Industrial Internet of Things (Industry 4.0)
• Cyber Physical Systems
• Green Desalination.
• Electric Vehicles
• Networked Sensing and Control
Previous Research Projects:
• New Control Methodologies for Systems of Systems Engineering, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Energy Efficiency in WSN-based pipeline leak detection, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Inferential Sensing Methods for Emission Monitoring from Industrial Boilers, Funded by NSTIP.
• Decentralized Networked Control Systems, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Design and Manufacturing of Solar Power Systems and Devices for Challenging Environments, Funded by KFUPM & MIT Collaboration.
• Estimation of Iron Quality of Direct Reduced Iron, Funded by KFUPM & SABIC Collaboration.
• Control Loop Performance Monitoring, Funded by KFUPM & Yokogawa Collaboration.
• Detection of Coating Disbondment using Inline Inspection of Oil & Gas Pipeline, ROSEN Group Germany.
• Acoustic Resonance Techniques for Inline Inspection of Oil & Gas Pipelines, ROSEN Group Germany.
Current Research Projects:
• Design and Development of Secure IoTAdapter based on RISC V technology to support Industry 4.0 transition in Pakistan.
• Design and Development of Electronic Propulsion System for Electric Vehicles.
• IoT based Smart Water Metering Solution Residential Units to address the issues of shared water.
• Design and Development of Artificial Hand from electromyography data for handicapped people.
Dr. Kalim Ullah Bhat
HEC APPROVED PHD SUPERVISOR
• PhD (Finance) DUFE, Dalian, China
• MS (Finance ) IIUI, Islamabad, Pakistan
• BBA (Finance) FUUAST, Islamabad, Pakistan
• Assistant Professor , Management Sciences, DHA Suffa University
• Credit rating and predictability of firms’ bankruptcy
• Bhat, K.U, Shihua, C., Yan, C., Jebran, K. (2020). Debt capacity, debt choice and underinvestment problem. Evidence from China. Economic Research (SSCI, IF 1.38, JCR-Q2)
• Jebran, K., Iqbal, A., Bhat, K. U., Khan, M. A., & Hayat, M. (2019). Determinants of corporate cash holdings in tranquil and turbulent period: evidence from an emerging economy. Financial Innovation, 5(1), 3. ( SSCI, IF 2.96, JCR-Q1).
• Bhat, K.U., Chen, Y., Jebran, K. and Memon, Z.A. (2019), “Board diversity and corporate risk: evidence from China”, Corporate Governance, Vol. 20 No. 2, pp. 280-293. ABS 2 (ESCI, HEC X Category).
• Bhat, K., Yan, Chen, Jebran, K, Bhat, N. (2018). Corporate governance and firm value. A comparative analysis of state and non-state corporations in the context of Pakistan. Corporate Governance, The international Journal of Business in Society, 18(6), 1196-1206 ABS 2 (ESCI, HEC X Category)
• Bhat, K. U., & Shah, S. Z. A. (2015). Empirical Investigation of the Relationship between Exchange Rate Movements and Stock Market Volatility in the Context of Pakistan. Pakistan Business Review, 18(4), 1048-1062 (HEC Pakistan, X Category)
• Bhat, K. U., & Shah, S. Z. A. (2017). Determinants of Real Exchange Rate Movements in South Asian Countries: An Empirical evidence, Pakistan Business Review, 744-758 (HEC, X Category)
• Jebran, K. Khan, M. A., Bhat, K., and Iqbal, A. (2020). Financing behavior of firms and financial crisis: Evidence from an emerging economy, forthcoming issue. Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences (ESCI, HEC X Category)
• Jebran K, Iqbal, A, Bhat, K., Ali, A. (2018) Effects of terms of trade on economic growth of China. Emerging Economy Studies, 4(2), 1-14. (SAGE).
Engr. Dr. Imtiaz Hussain
• HEC Approved Supervisor Since 2013
• PhD (Vehicle Systems Dynamics and Control) 2012 University of Salford, Manchester, UK
• Post Graduate Diploma (Telecom & Control) 2007 MUET, Jamshoro, Pakistan
• BE (Electronics) 2004 MUET, Jamshoro, Pakistan
• Associate Professor, Mehran University
• IEEE since 2015
• PEC since 2004
• RRUKA since 2011
• Control and System identification
• Condition Monitoring Applications
Achievements & Awards:
• Supervised more than 3 dozen PhD/MS/M.Phil. students
• 57 research publications in national/international conferences and journals
• Associate Researcher in National Centre of Robotics and Automation-Condition monitoring Lab
• Best Young Researcher Award by IMechE UK (Railway Division) in 2012.
Selected Ongoing Research Projects :
• Design of Extended Kalman filter for Estimation of creep forces at wheel-rail interface
• Multiple Model Based Identification of railway wheelset Conicity
• Adhesion level identification in wheel-rail contact using deep neural networks
• Development of Condition Monitoring technology for railway rolling stock (NCRA-CMS)
• Imtiaz Hussain, T. X Mei, R. T. Ritching, Estimation of Wheel -Rail Contact Conditions and adhesion using Multiple Model Approach. International Journal of Vehicle Mechanics and Mobility. Vol 51 Issue 1 2013
• Faheem A. Umrani A. Waheed Umrani, Naveed A. Umrani, Kehkhsan A. Memon and Imtiaz H. Kalwar,Performance Analysis of Spectral Amplitude Coding Based OCDMA System With Gain and Mismatch Journal of Optical Communication,Vol.34,Issue 3, July 2013.
• Imtiaz Hussain, T. X. Mei and M. Mirzapour, Real Time Estimation of the Wheel-Rail Contact Conditions using Multi-Kalman Filtering and Fuzzy Logic. UKACC International Conference on Control, 3-5 September 2012 University of Cardiff, UK.
• M. Mirzapour, T. X. Mei and, Imtiaz Hussain, Assessment of Fault Tolerance for Actively Controlled Railway Wheelset. UKACC International Conference on Control, 3-5 September 2012 University of Cardiff, UK.
• Imtiaz Hussain and T. X. Mei,Identification of the Wheel-Rail Contact Conditions for Traction and Braking Control, 22nd International Symposium of Dynamics of Vehicle on roads and Tracks (International Association of Vehicle System Dynamics IAVSD2011), 14
• Imtiaz Hussain and T. X. Mei, Multi Kalman Filtering Approach for Estimation of Wheel-Rail Contact Conditions. United Kingdom Automatic Control Conference (UKACC2010), 7-10 September 2010, Coventry UK.
• T. X. Mei, Imtiaz Hussain, Detection of wheel-rail conditions for improved traction control, International Conference on Railway Traction Systems (RTS2010), 13-15 April, 2010, Birmingham UK.
• R. H Chandio, I. Hussain and T. D. Memon, FPGA-based Implementation of Maximum Power Point Tracking of Solar Cell, Journal of Applied and Emerging Sciences BUITEMS, Vol 7, Issue 1, 2017, p 22-33.
• Shahzor Memon1 Riaz Uddin , Imtiaz Hussain Kalwar , Kamran Kazi,Observer Based Slip Measurement Technique of DC Motor Mounted on Railway Wheel-set, University of Sindh Journal of Information and Communication Technology (USJICT), Vol.1, Issue-1, October 2017.
• A. A. Patoli, Qurban Memon, K.Kazi and Imtiaz Hussain, Road Condition Monitoring for Optimized Antilock Braking System, Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.47, Issue 4, December 2015, pages 813-817.
• Imtiaz Hussain, F. R. Abro, Arbab Nighat Khizer and H. Ali, Fault Detection and Identification in Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine Using Current Signal Analysis, Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.47, Issue 2, July 2015, pages 291-94.
• Khuram Shaikh, Hussain, I., B S Chowdhry, K. Kazi, & B A Arain. (2016). Modeling & Simulation of Predictive Maintenance Strategy for High Speed Railway Vehicles. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(S1).
• Sattar, A., Hussain, I., Memon, T. D., Karar, H., & Saeed, U. (2016). Investigation of Imbalance Faults in Horizontal Axis WTGS through Analysis of Generator Current Signal. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(47).
• Soomro, A. A., I. Hussain., Kazi, K., Khoso, S. K., & Ansari, S. (2016). A Hybrid Monitoring Technique for Diagnosis of Mechanical Faults in Induction Motor. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(47).
• Ansari, S., Soomro, A. A., Kalwar, I. H., Solangi, U. S., & Noonari, A. S. (2016). PLC based Automatic Distillation and Collection of Ethanol-Water Solution. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(47).
• Arbab Nighat, Khizer, Imtiaz Hussain and Wanod Kumar, Time Domain System Identification of Longitudinal Dynamics of Single Rotor Helicopter Model using SIDPAC, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.34, Issue 1, January 2015, pages 75-81.
• Z. A. Soomro, Imtiaz Hussain and B S Chowdhry, Modeling and Analysis of Linearized Wheel-Rail Contact Dynamics, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.33, Issue 3, July 2014, pages 335-340.
• Wanod Kumar, Irfan Halepoto and Imtiaz Hussain, Performance Analysis of TDMA Protocol in a Femtocell Network, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.33, Issue 3, July 2014, pages 330-334.
• Irfan Halepoto, Imtiaz Hussain, Wanod Kumar and B S Chowdhry, Performance Analysis of Conventional and Fuzzy Logic Controlled Automatic Voltage Regulator System in a Noisy Environment, New horizon Journal of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Pakistan (IEEEP), Vol.81-82, June 2014, pages 33-39.
• Z. A. Soomro, Imtiaz Hussain and B S Chowdhry, Creep Force Analysis at Wheel-Rail Contact Patch to Identify Adhesion Level to Control Slip on Railway Track, New horizon Journal of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Pakistan (IEEEP), Vol.81-82, June 2014, pages 14-17.
• Wanod Kumar, Imtiaz Hussain and Sara Qadeer, Finite Capacity Energy Efficient Femtocell Networks, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.33, Issue 2, April 2014, pages 245-252.
• M. Mirzapour, T. X. Mei and Imtiaz Hussain, Fault Detection and Isolation for an Active wheelset Control System, 23rd international Symposium of Dynamics of Vehicle on roads and Tracks (International Association of Vehicle System Dynamics IAVSD2013), 19-23 August 2013, Qingdao China
• Imtiaz Hussain, Wanod Kumar, Irfan Halepoto and Kamran Kazi, Anti-Slip Traction Control of Railway Vehicle Based on Estimated Wheel- Rail Contact Condition. Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.45, Issue 2, July 2013, pages 373-378.
• Imtiaz Hussain, Jawaid Daudpoto and Ali Asghar Memon, Introducing Dual Suspension System in Road Vehicles. Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.32, Issue 2, April 2013, pages 239-244.
• Ali Asghar Memon, Imtiaz Hussain and Mohammad Aslam Uqaili, Gate Driver Circuit of Power Electronic Switches with Reduced Number of Isolated DC/DC Converter for a Switched Reluctance Motor. Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.32, Issue 2, April 2013, pages 233-238.
• Ali Asghar Memon, Imtiaz Hussain and Jawaid Daudpoto, Modeling of Static Characteristics of Switched Reluctance Motor. Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.32, Issue 1, January 2013, pages 141-146.
• Imtiaz Hussain, F. R. Abro, A. A. Memon, Design of Fuzzy Inference System for Condition Monitoring at Wheel-Rail Interface. Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.45, Issue 1, January 2013, pages 101-106.
• Imtiaz Hussain, Ali Asghar Memon and B. S. Chowdhry, Identification of Wheel-Rail Contact Condition Using Multi-Kalman Filtering Approach. Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.31, Issue 4, October 2012, pages 799-806.
• Ali Asghar Memon, Imtiaz Hussain and Mohammad Aslam Uqaili, Hardware Implementation of Producing Variable Conduction Angles of a Switched Reluctance Motor. Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.31, Issue 4, October 2012, pages 795-798.
• Imtiaz Hussain, F. R. Abro, A. A. Memon and I. A. Memon, Multiple Model Based Real Time Estimation of Wheel-Rail Contact Conditions. Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.44, Issue 4, September 2012, pages 635-640.
• A. Memon, Imtiaz. Hussain, W. Shah and M. S. Chandio, Modeling Of Switched Reluctance Motor. Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.44, Issue 4, September 2012, pages 571-574.
• Best Young Researcher Prize by Institute of Mechanical Engineers UK (IMechE UK) in February 2012, IMechE Head Office London
• Post Doc (Aerodynamics, Controls) Aerodynamics Research Lab, Poitiers, France
• PhD (ME, Turbulence) UJF, Grenoble France
• MPhil (ME, Energy Systems) ISAE, Toulouse, France
• MSc (Aeronautical Engineering) ISAE, Toulouse, France
• BE (Mechanical), NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
• HoD, Mechanical Engineering, DHA Suffa University (2017-2019)
• General Manager (Design), SUPARCO, Karachi (2000- 2016)
• Post-Doctoral Researcher, CNRS, Aerodynamics Research Laboratory, Poitiers, France (2009-10)
• Computer Aided Engineering
• CFD: Modeling & Simulation of Internal & External Flows (Multi-Phase, Combustion, Unsteady Fluid Dynamics)
• High Performance Computing
• Renewable Energy Systems
• Digital Signal Processing
1.Nauman M. Qureshi, Mickael Bourgoin, Christophe Baudet, Alain Cartellier, Yves Gagne, “Turbulent
Transport of Material Particles: An Experimental Study of Finite Size Effects”,
2. Nauman M. Qureshi, Unaiarrieta, Christophe Baudet, Alain Cartellier, Yves Gagne, Mickael
Bourgoin “Acceleration statistics of inertial particles in turbulent flow”, European Physical Journal B 66,
3. Nauman M. Qureshi, Unaiarrieta, Christophe Baudet, Christophe Baudet, Yves Gagne,:
Turbulent Transport of Finite- Sized Material Particle”, Journal of Physics: Conference
Series, Vol 318, 012005 (2011).
4. Abdul Majid, Muhammad Naeem Owais, Muhammad Nauman Qureshi, “Aerodynamic
Drag Computation of Lower Earth Orbit (LEO) Satellites”, Journal of Space Technology,
Vol. 8, No. 1, July 2018.
5. Syed Sheraz Ali, Nauman Qureshi, Shafiq ur Rehman “Performance Prediction of MEMS
based Resistojet Thruster through CFD”, Journal of Space Technology, 2017. For detailed profile, visit following link: Download
• PhD in Computer Engineering; other higher education from South Eastern Oklahoma State University, United States. More than 20 years of university level teaching experience and more than 12 years of experience in the Computer Systems industry.
CEng. (Engineering Council UK), PE (PEC) and MIET (IET)
• Wireless Communication
• Regression Analysis
• PhD, Computer Engineering, Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi. Topic: Novel Algorithm for PAPR Reduction in Multi-Code CDMA
• M.S (by thesis), Computer Engineering, Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi. Topic: Computer Networking
• B.S Electronics (Minor: Computer Science), South Eastern Oklahoma State University, United States.
• BSc (Industrial Technology), MUET
1) S. Rizwan Hasan and Najeeb Siddiqui, “Algorithm for reducing PAPR of Multi-code CDMA using Reed Muller codes,” IET Electronics Letters, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 926-928, May 2016, http://digitallibrary.theiet.org/content/journals/10.1049/el.2016.0553 (HEC approved with Impact factor)
2) S.Rizwan ul Hasan, Najeeb Siddiqui, and Shakeel Ahmed, “Impact of reformed RM Encoded data on PAPR of Multicode CDMA under MSK”, SSURJ of Engineering and Technology, vol. 6, issue 1, pp. 23-26, 2016 (HEC approved Y-Category).
3) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, Shakil Ahmed, Ammar Abbas Power Optimization using efficient Codes, SURJ, ISSN 1813-1743, Vol. 43 Issue 1A, pp 51-56, June 2011 (HEC approved, Abstracted by Thompson Scientific).
4) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, Shakil Ahmed, “Performance Evaluation of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) in terms Power measurement and reduction”, SSU Res. J. of Engg. &tech, Vol. 1 Issue 1, pp 5-8, 2011.
5) Syed Rizwan ul Hasan, Shakil Ahmed and Ammar Abbas, “Effect of using different Codes for Power reduction” Proc. ICCET 2011, Khairpur, April 22- 23rd 2011 pp.197-202.
6) S.R. Hasan, S.Ahmed. and M. Imam, “PAPR as measure for OFDM with non-linearity” Proc. 7th. CIIT Workshop on Research – Computing, Lahore, June 23rd 2008. pp.114-117.
7) S.R.Hasan, “Effect of using RM code to control PAPR in MC-CDMA and OFDM”, Proc. of the 14th. IEEE International Multi-Topic conference, 2011, Dec. 22-24,2011, pp. 329-333, SSUET, Karachi Pakistan.
8) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, “Using Reed Muller Codes to optimize Peak to Average Power Ratio (PAPR) in Multi-Code Code Division Multiple Access (MC- CDMA)”, ICComE, Dec. 22nd. – 24th. 2010, pp. 11-16, University of Sistan & Baluchistan, Iran.
9) Ammar Abbas, Tauseef Mubeen and S. Rizwan-ul-Hasan, “Capacity analysis for voice and queue management differences in IEEE 802.11 and 802.11e WLAN standards”, in 2008 second International Conference on Electrical Engineering, March 25-26, Lahore Pakistan
10) Hafiz Muhammad Maaz Khan, S. Rizwanul Hasan, Ammar Ahmed, Ashar Khan, and Hafiz Muhammad Fahad,“AI Surveillance UGV”, Proceeding of ICISCT 2020 (IEEE Xplore ), February 8-9, University of Karachi, Pakistan. DOI: 10.1109/ICISCT49550.2020.9080025
• Project : AI surveillance unmanned ground vehicle (Approved from Ignite (2019), Ministry of IT
• Research Project “Using codes to optimize PAPR in Multi-code CDMA”, submitted to CED, SSUET August 5th. 2009.
• HEC-TDF “A prototype communication system to provide optimized (PAPR) for the 4G MC-CDMA, 2018 (did not submit due to unavailability of high configuration FPGA kit
Supervised MS completed students (five)
• Traffic Management in GPRS/GSM networks.
• Maximizing throughput by Power Control in CDMA system.
• QoS in Mobile and Ad Hoc Networks
• QoS support in GPRS core network using MPLS/DiffServ
• Policy based architecture of QoS in differentiated services
• EPSRC project, “Quiet Aerofoils of the Next Generation” (April 2016-August 2018)
• Developed an in-house 3-dimensional finite volume Navier-Stokes solver for compressible flow simulations with immersed boundary methods for City University of London, UK (Sep 2014 to Mar 2016)
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P.Comte. Statistical characteristics of an isothermal, supersonic boundary layer flow from DNS data. Flow Turbul. Combust. vol. 86(3-4), 369-397, 2011
• M. F. Shahab, P. Comte, G. Lehnasch and T. B. Gatski. Analysis of Boundary Layer Structure Downstream of a Shock Impingement. 9th International ERCOFTAC Symposium on Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Measurements, Thessaloniki, Greece, 2012
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P.Comte. Post-shock downstream evolution of turbulent boundary layer based on quadrant analysis, 20eme Congrés Français de Mécanique, Besançon, France, 2011
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. Influence of wall cooling on the statistics of a supersonic turbulent boundary layer flow. 8th International ERCOFTAC Symposium on Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Measurements, Marseille, France,
• M. F. Shahab , G. Lehnasch , T. B. Gatski, and P. Comte. Probing high-speed wall-bounded flows using DNS. 45th Symposium of Applied Aerodynamics, Marseille, France, 2010
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. DNS of a spatially developing, supersonic turbulent boundary layer flow over a cooled wall. 6th International Symposium on Turbulence, Heat and Mass Transfer, Rome, Italy, 2009
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. Statistical Characteristics of the Interaction of an Impinging Shock Wave and Turbulent Boundary Layer. Sixth International Symposium on Turbulent Shear Flow Phenomena, Seoul, Korea, 2009
• Gold Medalist, BE (mechanical), NEDUET
• Declared as Star Laureate 2005 in XVIth Star Awards 2005
• PhD (Computer Science) Institute of Business Administration, Karachi, Pakistan
• MS (Computer Science) Iqra University, Karachi
• M.Sc (Applied Physics) & B.Sc (Physics) University of Karachi
• Wireless Sensor Networks
• Design & Development of Mac Layer Protocols
• Performance optimization of sensor networks
• Internet of Things/Internet of Medical Things
• Body Area Networks
1. Khan, A., Siddiqui, S. & Ghani, S. (2020). FROG-MAC: A Fragmentation based MAC Scheme for Prioritized Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Wireless Personal Communications. 1-34. [I.F= 0.94]
2. Khan, A., Ghani, S., & Siddiqui, S. (2018). A Preemptive Priority-Based Data Fragmentation Scheme for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Sensors, 18(12), 4473.
3. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2018). A Taxonomy for MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks based on Traffic Prioritization. Wireless Personal Communications. 1-30.
4. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2018). PD-MAC: Design and Implementation of Polling Distribution-MAC for Improving Energy Efficiency of Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Wireless Information Networks. 25(2), 200-208.
6. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2017). ADP-MAC: An Adaptive and Dynamic Polling based MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Sensors Journal. 18(2), 860-874.
7. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2015). A Study on Channel Polling Mechanisms for the MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, 2015.
1. Khan, A. A, Siddiqui, S. & Ghani, S., (2020). Optimizing MAC Layer Performance for Wireless Sensor Networks in eHealth. IEEE Proceedings on International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications: Staying Smarter in a Smartening World”. COMPSAC 2020. Madrid, Spain.
2. Siddiqui, S. & Khan, A. A. (2019). Achieving Energy Efficiency for Bursty Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Proceedings on 22nd International Multi Topic Conference 2019 (IEEE INMIC 2019). Islamabad. Pakistan.
3. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2018). A Comparison Study on Dynamic Duty Cycle and Dynamic Channel Polling Approaches for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Proceedings on International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications: Staying Smarter in a Smartening World”. COMPSAC 2018. (pp. 790-793). Tokyo. Japan.
4. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2017). Investigating Dynamic Polling Intervals for Wireless Sensor Network Applications with Bursty Traffic. Proceedings of International Conference on Multi-sensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI 2017). (pp. 448-451). Daegu. South Korea.
5. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Design & Implementation of Distributed
Congestion Control Scheme for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of International Conference on Multi-sensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI 2017). (pp. 581-585). Daegu. South Korea.
6. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2017). DPR-MAC: A Dynamic Polling MAC for Disaster Management in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of Cyber-Enabled Distributed Computing and Knowledge Discovery (CyberC), 2017. (pp. 425-428). Nanjing, China.
7. Khan, A. A, Jamal, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Dynamic Duty-Cycle Control for Wireless Sensor Networks using Artificial Neural Network (ANN). Proceedings of Cyber-Enabled Distributed Computing and Knowledge Discovery (CyberC), 2017. (pp. 420-424). Nanjing, China.
8. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2017). Effect of Polling Interval Distributions on the Performance of MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. ACM Proceedings on International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (pp. 573-579). Springer, Cham. Turin, Italy.
9. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Contention Window Prioritization for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. ACM Proceedings on International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (pp. 676-685). Springer, Cham. Turin, Italy.
10. Siddiqui, S., Ghani. (2016), Towards Dynamic Polling: Survey and Analysis of Channel Polling Mechanisms for Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Proceedings on ICISE 2016, January 2016, Islamabad.
12. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2015). A Survey on Data Aggregation Mechanisms in Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Proceedings on ICICT 2015, December 2015, Karachi, Pakistan.
13. Wajid, A., Khan, A.A., Basit, A., Siddiqui, S., Salam, A. (2015), Achieving Energy Efficiency in Body Area Networks (BAN’s) through Avoiding Spatially Correlated Contention, IEEE Proceedings on ICICT 2015, December 2015, Karachi, Pakistan.
14. Siddiqui, S., & Ghani, S. (2013). Analytical Model for Delay Distribution of PRMAC. IEEE Proceedings on 11th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT), (pp. 1-6). December 2013. Islamabad, Pakistan.
15. Siddiqui, S., & Ghani, S. (2013). ES-MAC: Energy Efficient Sensor-MAC protocol for Wireless Sensor networks. IEEE Proceedings on 10th International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control (ICNSC) (pp. 28-33). Paris, France.
16. Siddiqui, S., Abbas, V. U., & Ali, M. A. (2010, September). Analysis and Simulation of Propagation Model for Wireless Communication of Bio-Sensors. IEEE Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Wireless Communications Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM), 2010 (pp. 1-4). Chengdu, China.
• PhD (Energy Markets) Hanyang University, South Korea
• BE Electrical Engineering NED University, Karachi
• Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering, DHA Suffa University, Jan 2018-till date
• Researcher, Connected Smart Systems Lab, South Korea, Sept 2012-Dec 2017
• Energy Markets
• Demand Response/Demand Side management
• Substation Automation
Research Projects :
• Development of Industrial Communication-IoT Gateway, supported by GRRC
• IoT/CPS based Factory Energy Management System, supported by GRRC
• Integration of user facilities and smart grid using USN, Hanyang University
• Bizzat Hussain Zaidi and Seung Ho Hong Combinatorial Double Auctions for Multiple Microgrid Trading Electrical Engineering (2017)
• Bizzat Hussain Zaidi, Seung Ho Hong and Daehyun Kwon, Communication architecture for monitoring of HVDC System based on IEC 61850, Electric Power Quality and Supply Reliablity, Estonia, 2016
• PhD (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
• MS (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
• BE (Mechanical Engineering) NUST, Pakistan
• Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, DHA Suffa University
• Cluster Head – Mechanics cluster
• Computational mechanics
• Homogenization methodologies
• Heterogeneous materials design
• Solar photovoltaic systems
• Evolutionary optimization
Research Projects (Ongoing and Completed) :
• Structural design of high-speed target drone Development of a photovoltaic powered reverseosmosis system
• Computational modeling and analysis of thermal barrier coatings
• Development of improved ceramic substrate material for power electronics applications
• Development of improved computational model for estimation of thermal conductivity of nanocomposites
• Siddiqui, Muhammad Usama and Abul Fazal M. Arif. 2016. Generalized Effective Medium Theory for Particulate Nanocomposite Materials. Materials 9(8):694. (Impact Factor: 2.94)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and Abul Fazal M. Arif. 2016. A Computational Approach for the Constitutive Modeling of Elastoplastic Behavior of Metal Matrix Composites. International Journal of Computational Methods 14(2): 1750058. (Impact Factor: 1.12)
• Siddiqui, Muhammad Usama, Abul Arif, and Salem Bashmal. 2016. Permeability-Selectivity Analysis of Microfiltration and Ultrafiltration Membranes: Effect of Pore Size and Shape Distribution and Membrane Stretching. Membranes 6(3):40. (Impact Factor: 2.12)
• M. U. Siddiqui, A. F. M. Arif, N. Saheb and M. S. Khan. 2017. Constitutive modeling of elastoplasticity in spark-plasma sintered metal-matrix nanocomposites. Materials Science and Engineering: A 689:176-188 (Impact Factor: 2.65)
• S. S. Akhtar, M. U. Siddiqui, Kabeer Raza, A. S. Hakeem, L. T. Kareem, A. F. M. Arif. 2017. Computational and experimental study on the effective properties of Alumina/Nickel Composite. Accepted in Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology (Impact Factor: 1.53)
• Nouari Saheb, Najam Ul Qadir, Muhammad Usama Siddiqui, Abul Fazal Muhammad Arif, Syed Sohail Akhtar and Nasser Al-Aqeeli. 2014. Characterization of Nanoreinforcement Dispersion in Inorganic Nanocomposites: A Review. Materials 7:4148-81. (Impact Factor: 2.94)
• S. S. Akhtar, L. T. Kareem, A. F. M. Arif, M. U. Siddiqui, A.S. Hakeem. Development of a Ceramic-based Composite for Direct Bonded Copper Substrate. Ceramics International 43(6):5236-5246 (Impact Factor: 2.76)
• Siddiqui, M. Usama, A. F. M. Arif, Leah Kelley, and Steven Dubowsky. 2012. Three-Dimensional Thermal Modeling of a Photovoltaic Module under Varying Conditions. Solar Energy 86(9):2620-31. (Impact Factor: 3.68)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2013. Electrical, Thermal and Structural Performance of a Cooled PV Module: Transient Analysis Using a Multiphysics Model. Applied Energy 112:300-312. (Impact Factor: 5.75)
• Siddiqui, M. U., A. F. M. Arif, A. M. Bilton, S. Dubowsky, and M. Elshafei. 2013. An Improved Electric Circuit Model for Photovoltaic Modules Based on Sensitivity Analysis. Solar Energy 90:29-42. (Impact Factor: 3.68)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and M. Abido. 2013. Parameter Estimation for Five- and Seven-Parameter Photovoltaic Electrical Models Using Evolutionary Algorithms. Applied Soft Computing 13(12):4608-21. (Impact Factor: 2.86)
• Hasan, Osama, A. F. M. Arif, and M. U. Siddiqui. 2013. Finite Element Modeling, Analysis, and Life Prediction of Photovoltaic Modules. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering 136(2):21022. (Impact Factor: 1.44)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2012. Effect of Changing Atmospheric and Operating Conditions on the Thermal Stresses in PV Modules. in ASME ESDA 2012 Vol. 2. Nantes France.
• Hasan, Osama, A. F. M. Arif, and M. U. Siddiqui. 2012. Finite Element Modeling and Analysis of Photovoltaic Modules. in Proceedings of the ASME 2012 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition. Housten, Texas.
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2014. Computational Homogenization of Metal Matrix Composites. in Proceedings of the 25th CANCAM. London, Ontario, Canada.
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2016. Estimation of Thermal Conductivity of Nanocomposites with Non-Uniformly Distributed Inclusions. in 24th International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ICTAM 2016). Montréal, Québec, Canada.
• Akhtar, S. S., A. Bin Ali, M. U. Siddiqui, A. F. M. Arif, and Amir Al-Ahmad. 2016. Development of Graphene-Filled Polymer Nanocomposites for Enhanced Thermal Conductivity. in 3rd International Conference on Structural Nano Composites (NANOSTRUC 2016). Aberdeen, Scotland.
• Akhtar, S. S., A. F. M. Arif, M. U. Siddiqui, H. K. R. Chishti, and L. T. Kareem. 2016. Computational Design and Development of Alumina-Nickel Droplet Composites. in Proceedings of the ASME 2016 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition. Phoenix, AZ, USA.
• Muhammad Usama Siddiqui, Abul Fazal Muhammad Arif and Syed M. Zubair. Heat Exchanger for Photovoltaic Panels. Patent number 20150280040.
Dr. Naeem Akhtar
• Naeem Akhtar (PhD) earned his doctorate degree from Business School, University of International Business and Economics (UIBE), Beijing (China), which is a triple accredited QS ranked university (AACSB, AMBA, & EQUIS). He has diverse teaching experience at well-reputed national and international educational institutes. He has organized a score of multi-disciplinary seminars, research workshops, and supervised a dozen of research students hitherto. Presently, he is serving the editorial board of a journal in addition to a reviewer of multiple journals enlisted in JCR. His research interest mainly concerns digital marketing, hospitality management, halal tourism, tourist behaviors, attitude ambivalence, consumer deception, interaction adaptation, and supplementary online hotel reviews. Much of his work is concerned with developing and understanding of how tourists interact with online reviews and hospitality experiences. His works have been published in high ranked SSCI journals namely International Journal of Hospitality Management, International Journal of Contemporary and Hospitality Management, Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, Tourism Management Perspectives, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Operations Research Management, Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management, The Services Industries Journal, and Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics. In recognition to his academic and research contributions during PhD, UIBE conferred him with “Best Academic Performance Award 2017” and “Best Researcher Award (Foreign category) 2018-19.”
• Ali, M., Usman, M., *Akhtar, N., Pham, N., Mintah, P, (2020) Spiritual leadership and Target-based Organizational Citizenship Behavior for the Environment: An Intervening and Interactional Analysis Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Accepted(Impact Factor: 2.093, ABDC-B, and Q1 Ranked)
• *Akhtar, N., Pham, N., Ali, M., Usman, M., Mintah, P., (2020). Being ignored at work: Understanding how and when spiritual leadership curbs workplace ostracism in the hospitality industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102696, Vol. 91, pp. 102696 (Impact Factor: 6.701, ABS***, ABDC-A*, and Q1 Ranked)
• *Akhtar, N., Siddiqi, U.I, Akhtar, M.N, Usman, M., Ahmad, W, (2020). Modeling attitude ambivalence and behavioral outcomes from hotel reviews. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-11-2019-0962, Vol. 32 No. 9, pp. 2831-2855 (Impact Factor: 5.667, ABS***, ABDC-A, and Q1 Ranked)
• *Akhtar, N., Akhtar, M.N, Usman, Ali, M., Siddiqi, U. I, (2020). COVID-19 restrictions and consumers’ psychological reactance toward offline shopping freedom restoration. The Service Industries Journal, https://doi.org/10.1080/02642069.2020.1790535, Vol. 40 No. 13-14, pp. 891-913 (Impact Factor: 2.381, ABDC-B, and Q2 Ranked)
• Siddiqi, U. I, *Akhtar, N. (2020). Effects of conflicting hotel reviews shared by novice and expert traveler on attitude ambivalence: The moderating role of quality of managers’ responses. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, https://doi.org/10.1080/19368623.2020.1778595, 1-23 (Impact Factor: 4.489, ABDC-A, and Q1 Ranked)
• Ashraf, M. S., *Akhtar, N., Ashraf, R. U., Hou, F., Junaid, M., & Ali Syed Kirmani, A. (2020). Traveling Responsibly to Ecofriendly Destinations : An Individual-Level Cross-Cultural Comparison between the United Kingdom and China. (Sustainability), 12(3248), 1–18., http:// doi:10.3390/su12083248 (Impact Factor: 2.576 and Q2 Ranked)
• *Akhtar, N. Akhtar, M.N, Siddiqi, U.I, Riaz, M., Z. Weiqing (2020). Consumers’ perception of figurative meanings in manipulated online hotel reviews (Asia pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics), https://doi.org/10.1108/APJML-06-2019-0398 (Impact Factor: 2.511, ABDC-A, and Q2 Ranked)
• Siddiqi, U. I, Sun, J., *Akhtar, N. (2020). The ulterior motives in peer and expert supplementary online reviews and consumers’ perceived deception (Asia pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics), https://doi.org/10.1108/APJML-06-2019-0399 (Impact Factor: 2.511, ABDC-A, and Q2 Ranked)
• *Akhtar, N., Sun, J., Chen, J., & Akhtar, M. N. (2019). The role of attitude ambivalence in conflicting online hotel reviews. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 0(0), 1–32. https://doi.org/10.1080/19368623.2019.1650684 (Impact Factor: 4.489, ABDC-A, and Q1 Ranked)
• *Akhtar, N., Sun, J., Akhtar, M. N., & Chen, J. (2019). How attitude ambivalence from conflicting online hotel reviews affects consumers ’ behavioural responses : The moderating role of dialecticism. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 41(September), 28–40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhtm.2019.09.003 (Impact Factor: 3.415, ABDC-A, and Q1 Ranked)
• *Akhtar, N., Sun, J., Ahmad, W., Akhtar, M. N. (2019). The effect of non-verbal messages on Muslim tourists’ interaction adaptation: A case study of Halal restaurants in China. Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, 11(October 2018), 10–22. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdmm.2018.10.001 (Impact Factor: 4.279, ABDC-A, and Q1 Ranked)
• *Akhtar, N., Kim, W. G., Ahmad, W., Akhtar, M. N., Siddiqi, U. I., & Riaz, M. (2019). Mechanisms of consumers’ trust development in reviewers’ supplementary reviews: A reviewer-reader similarity perspective. Tourism Management Perspectives, 31, 95–108. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tmp.2019.04.001(Impact Factor: 3.648, ABDC-A, and Q1 Ranked)
• *Akhtar, N., Ahmad, W., Siddiqi, U. I., & Akhtar, M. N. (2019). Predictors and outcomes of consumer deception in hotel reviews: The roles of reviewer type and attribution of service failure. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 39(August 2018), 65–75. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhtm.2019.03.004 (Impact Factor: 3.415, ABDC-A, and Q1 Ranked)
• Irfan, M., Wang, M., & *Akhtar, N. (2019). Impact of IT capabilities on supply chain capabilities and organizational agility : a dynamic capability view. Operations Management Research, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12063-019-00142-y (Impact Factor: 2.000, ABDC-B, and Q1 Ranked)
• Irfan, M., Wang, M., & *Akhtar, N. (2019). Enabling supply chain agility through process integration and supply flexibility: evidence from fashion industry (Asia pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, https://doi.org/10.1108/APJML-03-2019-0122 (Impact Factor: 2.511, ABDC-A, and Q2 Ranked)
• Siddiqi, U. I, Sun, J., *Akhtar, N. (2019). The role of conflicting online reviews in consumers’ attitude ambivalence (The Service Industries Journal), https://doi.org/10.1080/02642069.2019.1684905, Vol. 40 No. 13-14, pp. 1003-1030 (Impact Factor: 2.381, ABDC-B, and Q2 Ranked)
• 80th Academy of Management Proceedings, Spiritual Leadership and Organizational Citizenship Behavior for the Environment, Published Online: 29 Jul 2020 https://doi.org/10.5465/AMBPP.2020.21062abstract
• The 2nd National Conference on Advancement in Science & Research (Presented paper), COMSATS Vehari. 17th March, 2014.
• The 5th International Conference on Management Research (Presented paper), Superior University Lahore. 20-21 November, 2014.
• First International Conference on Managing the Future: Recent Innovations in Economics, Business, Information Technology and Social Sciences (NCBA & E – Areopa – Conference 2015) (Presented paper), Lahore. 20th December, 2015.
• PhD (Computer Vision) The Australian National University (ANU), Canberra, Australia
• MS (Computer Science) Arizona State University, Arizona USA
• B.E. (Electrical Engineering) NED University, Karachi, Pakistan
• Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer Science, DSU, Jan 2020 – Present
• Assistant Professor, Dept. of IME, PNEC, NUST, Aug 2017 – Dec 2019
• Assistant Professor, Dept. of Electrical Engg., PNEC, NUST, Apr 2004 – Jul 2017
• Lecturer, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Canberra, Jan 2009 – Dec 2013
• Research Engineer, NICTA, Canberra Research Labs, Canberra, Australia, 2011
• Software Engineer, Intel Corporation, Arizona, USA, 2000 – 2003
• Software Systems Architect, Verizon Data Services, Texas, USA, 1999 – 2000
• Teaching Assistant/Software Developer, Arizona State University, USA, 1996 – 1998
Usman Ahmad (PhD) earned his doctorate degree from School of Economics, Finance and Banking, Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) which is a AACSB accredited QS ranked university. He has diverse industrial experience at renowned Multinational Companies like British American Tobacco and Philips Malaysia.
In the field of research, he has worked on Malaysian Public Private Partnership (PPP) Projects. He conducted research on Risk, Risk Management and Critical Success Factors for Malaysian PPP projects. He has developed two constructs by using Mixed Method Research and conducted Risk Profiling for PPP projects. Prime Minister PPP Department Malaysia and Ministry of Works Malaysia awarded him Certificates of Appreciations for his research work.
PUBLICATION – ISI AND SCOPUS INDEX
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y. B., & Bakar, A. B. A. (2018). Malaysian Public Private Partnership. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, 22, 1-6
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y. B., & Bakar, A. B. A. (2018). Malaysian Public Private Partnership: Project Success Definition. International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 7(3.30), 33-37
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y., & Minai, M. S. (2018). Malaysian Public Private Partnerships: Risk Management in Build, Lease, Maintain and Transfer Projects. Cogent Business & Management, 5
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y., & & Bakar, A. B. A. (2018). Risk Management in the Malaysian Public Private Partnership Projects. Jurnal Pengurusan, 54
PUBLICATION – PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS
• Ahmad, U., Ibrahim, Y., & Minai, M. S. (2017). Public private partnership in Malaysia: The differences in perceptions on the criticality of risk factors and allocation of risks between the private and public sectors. International Review of Management and Marketing, 7(2), 138-150
Dr. Syed Roomi Naqvi
Professor (Adjunct Faculty)
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University
• M.S in Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University
• MBA in Global Management, Arizona State University
• B.E in Electrical Engineering, NED University
• Houle, Gan, Naqvi, Syed, Patrick Ott and Jack Clark, “Bump depopulation modeling atom central processing unit for entry level smart phone”. Intel assembly and test technology journal 2013..[Received the Best paper Award]
• Naqvi, S.R. Deligoz,I, Kiaei, S. Bakkaloglu,B,. “Dynamic Calibration of feedback DAC Non-Linearity for a 4th Order CT Sigma Deltafor Digital Hearing Aids” Submitted in IEEE SOCC 2011. [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• John Cherukuri, Naqvi Syed, Abuhatzera Avishaii, “Shmoo Crack, Smoo Hole, Shmoo * Root cause in Cloverview (atom based SOC)A0 – P1269 LCIA product” ,Intel DTTC Conference “August 2012. [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• Deligoz, I,; Naqvi, S.R.; Copan,”i, T,;Kiaei, S.; Bakkaloglu, B.; Je, S, -S.; Chae, J, “A MEMS-Based Power Scalable Hearing Aid Analo g Front End, “Biomedical Circuits and Systems, IEEE Transactions on, vol.pp, no.99, pp, 1,28, October 2010 [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• Hongjiang Song; Naqvi, S.R.; Bakkaloglu, B.;, “I/Q-Channel Mismatch Transfer and Amplification Effects and Applications to the Measurement and Calibration of Integrated VLIF RF Receivers, “SOC Conference,2006 IEEE International, vol.,no.,pp.35-38, 24-27 Sept. 2006. [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• Khalil, W.; Tsung-Yuan Chang; Xuewen Jiang; Naqvi, S.R.; Nikjou B.;James Tseng; , “A highly integrated analog front-end for 3G, “Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of, vol.38, no.5, pp.774-781, May 2003 [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• T. Chang, X, Jiang, W. Khalil, S. Naqvi, B. Nikjou, J. Tseng, 2002. Analog front end IC for 3G WCDMA. In: IEEE Symposium on VLSI Circuits, Honolulu, HI. (June): 28-31 [Peer Reviewed] (published).
• W. Khalil, T. Chang, X. Jiang, S. Naqvi, B. Nikjou. 2003. (Invited) Fully integrated AFE for WCDMA. In: IEEE International Electronics, Circuits and Systems Conference (ICECS). (December): 930-933 [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• PhD (Materials Processing and Nanotechnology), Jeju National University, South Korea
• MS (Materials Processing and Nanotechnology), Jeju National University, South Korea
• Nanotechnology, Materials Science and Thin Films
• Roll-to-Roll Atmospheric Atomic Layer Deposition, Roll-to-Roll Atmospheric Chemical Vapor Deposition, Conventional Atomic Layer Deposition, Chemical Vapor Deposition, Rapid Fabrication, Electrospray Deposition
• Kamran Ali, Junaid Ali, Syed Murtuza Mehdi, Kyung-Hyun Choi, and Young Jin An: Rapid Fabrication of Al2O3 Encapsulations for Organic Electronic Devices, Applied Surface Science, 353 (2015) 1186.
• Adnan Ali, Kamran Ali, Hyun Woo Dang, Khaled Ahmed Mahmoud, and Kyung Hyun Choi: Different Approaches To PVP/Graphene Composite Film Fabrication Using Electrohydrodynamic Atomization Technique, Journal Of Materials Science-Materials In Electronics, 26 (2015) 2039.
• Kamran Ali, and Kyung Hyun Choi: Low-Temperature Roll-to-Roll Atmospheric Atomic Layer Deposition of Al2O3 Thin Films, Langmuir, 30 (2014) 14195.
• Kamran Ali, Kyung Hyun Choi, and Nauman Malik Muhammad: Roll-to-Roll Atmospheric Atomic Layer Deposition of Al2O3 Thin Films on PET Substrates, Chemical Vapor Deposition, 20 (2014) 380.
• Adnan Ali, Kamran Ali, Young Jin Yang, Jeongdai Jo, and Kyung Hyun Choi: Rapid Fabrication of Graphene/Zno Composite Thin Film, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 53 (2014) 05HA01.
• Kamran Ali, Navaneethan Duraisamy, Chang Young Kim, and Kyung Hyun Choi: Al2O3 Coatings Fabrication on Silver Nanowires through Low Temperature Atomic Layer Deposition, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 29 (2014) 1056.
• Kyung Hyun Choi, Kamran Ali, Chang Young Kim, and Nauman Malik Muhammad: Characterization of Al2O3 Thin Films Fabricated at Low Temperature via Atomic Layer Deposition on PEN Substrates, Chemical Vapor Deposition, 20 (2014) 118.
• Kamran Ali, Kyung Hyun Choi, Chang Young Kim, Yang Hoi Doh, and Jeongdai Jo: Hydrophobicity Enhancement Of Al2O3 Thin Films Deposited On Polymeric Substrates By Atomic Layer Deposition With Perfluoropropane Plasma Treatment, Applied Surface Science, 305 (2014) 554.
• Kyung Hyun Choi, Kamran Ali, and Khalid Rahman: A Study of the Dependence of Electrohydrodynamic Jetting on the Process Parameters and Liquid Physical Properties, Chinese Journal of Physics, 52 (2014) 799.
• Member of the American Chemical Society (ACS)
• MS (Computer Science), LUMS BS (Computer Science), FAST-NU, Karachi
• Assistant Professor, Computer Science, FAST-NU Software Engineer, Core Development Group, Avanza Solutions
• Big Data Analytics • Data Mining • Machine Learning • Human Computer Interaction
• Jemal H. Abawajy, Syed I. Jami, Zubair A. Shaikh, Syed Hammad Ahmed, A Framework for Scalable Distributed Provenance Storage System, Computer Standards & Interfaces (2012)
• Muhammad Shoaib Siddiqui and Syed Hammad Ahmed, Policy-based Network Management in a Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Network, in 15th International Multi Topic Conference (INMIC) 2012, Islamabad, Pakistan, December 2012 (published by IEEE)
• Tariq Mahmood, Syed Hammad Ahmed, and Saqib Mahmood, Optimal Dynamic Personalization in Conversational Recommender Systems, In Proceedings of the 2nd Malaysian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (MJCAI 2010), 26-30 July, Malaysia, Springer • Tariq Mahmood, Syed Hammad Ahmed, and Saqib Mahmood, Comparing Reward-based Optimal Behaviors in User-Adapted Recommender Systems, In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT 2010), July 9 -11, Chengdu, China. IEEE
• Received Best Teacher Award (University) – Spring 2013 • Received Best Teacher Award (Department) – Spring 2014, Spring 2013, Fall 2012
Associate Professor, HoD, HIMS ICT, Hamdard University View
• Data Engineering, e Business
• Intelligent Ubiquitous Computing and e Business Solution in International Journal of Information Management, IJIM Oxford, England, Vol.: 28, Issue: 6, April 2008
• IADIS International Conference Informatics 2010, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg Germany, Intellisense Sentinel , An Intelligent and Smart Hybrid Approach Towards Human Detection and Tracking, Short Paper
• MA (English Linguistics) from University of Karachi in 2007
• M.Phil (English Linguistics) from Hamdard University in 2016
Mr. Razi Sultan Siddiqui
• MS (Management Sciences), SZABIST, Karachi
• MBA (Human Resources and Marketing), University of Sindh, Pakistan
• MSc (Industrial Psychology), University of Sindh, Pakistan
• BSc (Hons) (Psychology), University of Sindh, Pakistan
1- Walter, K. V., Conroy-Beam, D., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Sorokowski, P., Siddiqui, R. S., … Zupančič, M. (2020). Sex Differences in Mate Preferences Across 45 Countries: A Large-Scale Replication. Psychological Science. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956797620904154
2- Siddiqui, R. S., Jahangir, A. A., & Hassan, A. (2019). Gender Differences on Perceived Social Support and Psychological Distress among University Students. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies, 9(2), 210–223
3- Conroy-beam, D., Roney, J. R., Lukaszewski, A. W., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Siddiqui, R. S.,… Zupančič, M. (2019). Assortative mating and the evolution of desirability covariation. Evolution and Human Behavior, (June). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.evolhumbehav.2019.06.003
4- Conroy-Beam, D., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Sorokowski, P., Aavik, T., Siddiqui, R. S., … Zupančič, M. (2019). Contrasting Computational Models of Mate Preference Integration Across 45 Countries. Scientific Reports, 9(1). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-52748-8
5- Krys, K., Capaldi, C. A., van Tilburg, W., Lipp, O. V., Bond, M. H., Vauclair, M., Siddiqui, R. S., …, Ahmed, R. A., (2017) Catching up with wonderful women: The women-are-wonderful effect is smaller in more gender egalitarian societies. International Journal of Psychology.
6- Rizwan, M., Malik, S., Malik, J. N., & Siddiqui, S. R. (2017) Urdu Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale: An Analysis of Reliability and Validity in Pakistan. Social Int J. 1(2): 00010. DOI: 10.15406/sij.2017.01.00010.
7- Rizwan, M., Siddiqui, R. S., & Ali. (2017). Suicide Risk Potential: A Comparison of Psychiatric Patients and Normal Controls in Pakistan. Psychol Behav Sci Int J. 6(2): 555685. DOI: 10.19080/PBSIJ.2017.06.555685.
8- Siddiqui, R. S., Hassan, A., & Syed, N. A., (2013) Impact of Emotional Intelligence on Employees Turnover Rate in FMCG Organizations Pakistan Journal of Commerce and Social Sciences ISSN: 1997-8553 Vol. 7, No. 2.
9- Siddiqui, R. S., & Hassan, A., (2012) Relationship between Job Satisfaction and Employee Turnover Intention Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies ISSN: 2219-6145 Vol. 2, Issue 1, 2012.
10- Siddiqui, R. S., Shah, I,. (2012) A Gender based Comparison Between Married and Unmarried Young Adults International Research Journal of Arts & Humanities ISSN: 1016-9342 Vol. 40, No. 40.
• MS (Thermal Power), Cranfield University, UK
• BE (Aerospace), PAF College of Aeronautical Engineering, Karachi
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, NUST, Karachi
Lecturer, Dept. of Aerospace, PAF College of Aeronautical Engineering
Aeronautical Engineer, Pakistan Air Force
• Combustion, Vortex Tubes and JT Coolers
• Paper on Alternate Fuels for Turbojets. First National Conference of Aeronautical Engineering. Pakistan 16th November 1981
• Worked in association with Grumman International Corporation (USA) and Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (PRC) for feasibility study of Sabre II Aircraft for the PAF.
• Project Manager for Pakistan Air Force for Design and Development of K-8 Jet trainer
• Have served as Head of Undergraduate Programme ( Mechanical ) at PNEC Jauhar from July 2004 to June 2012 ,along with the task of teaching Undergraduate Courses at PNEC Jauhar.
• Supervised 34 Undergraduate Projects at PNEC Jauhar and 8 Undergraduate Projects at PAF College of Aeronautical Engineering.
• MS (Mechatronics Engineering), GIST, Gwangju, South Korea
• BE (Mechanical), NED University
• Robot dynamics and control, structural optimization, structural mechanics, modal analysis, vibration.
• Jongsuh Lee, Syed Hassaan Hussain, Semyung Wang and Kyihwan Park, Enhanced method to reconstruct mode shapes of continuous scanning measurements using the Hilbert Huang transform and the modal analysis method, 2014, Review of Scientific Instruments (AIP). http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/rsi/85/9/10.1063/1.4894260.
• Jongsuh Lee, Syed Hassaan Hussain and Semyung Wang, Frequency response function of a moving sensor measurement, The 21st International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV), 13-17 July, 2014, Beijing/China.
• Fully funded masters degree scholarship from Government of South Korea.
• Recipient of Brain Korea, BK 21, graduate scholarship.
• Bachelors degree with distinction.
• MSc, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• Signal Processing
• Adaptive filters
• Machine learning
• Umair bin Mansoor, Syed Muhammad Asad & Azzedine Zerguine, Stochastic Gradient Algorithm Based on an Improved Higher Order Exponentiated Error Cost Function, 48th IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, 2014
• Quasi-Newton Least Mean Fourth Adaptive Algorithm: Steady-State, Tracking and Transient Analysis, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller (June 16, 2010), ISBN-13: 978-3639262964
• MSc (Power Engineering), Technical University Munich, Germany
• BE (Electronics), NED University
• Linde AG, Engineering Division, Pullach, Germany
• Institute of Automatic Control, Technical University Munich (TUM), Germany
• Hamdard University, Karachi, Pakistan
• System Identification
• Linear Control Systems
• Non-Linear Control Systems
• Distributed Control Systems
• Model Predictive Control
• Electrical Machines (Control)
• Automatic Power Factor Correction Unit, International Conference on Computing, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, ICE Cube 2016, April 11-12, Quetta, Pakistan. ISBN 978-1-5090-1252-7
• Design of Smart Charge Controller for Wind Electric Conversion System, 8th International conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies SET 2009, 31st Aug to 3rd Sep 2009, Aachen, Germany. ISBN 978-3-9813246-1-7
• An off-grid Model Setup for Wind Electric Conversion System, TENCON 2009, November 23-26, Singapore. ISBN 978-1-4244-4547-9
• National Instruments LabVIEW based Pharmaceutical Medication Device with Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition System (SCADA), SoutheastCon 2009, March 5-8, Atlanta, GA, USA. ISBN 978-1-4244-3978-2
• GSM Based Security System Using LabVIEW,First International Conference on Computer, Control and Communication 2007 at Pakistan Navy Engineering College, NUST, Karachi during November 12-13, 2007
• Masters Thesis at Linde Engineering, Pullach, Germany in the department of Information Technology and Process Control
• Funding from NED University for presenting projects in Germany and USA at undergraduate level
• First prize winner in hardware competition at PAF-KIET (2008)
• MSc (Sustainable Electrical Power), Brunel University London, United Kingdom
• BS (Electronics), SSUET, KarachiFormerly:
• Senior Lecturer, DHA Suffa University
• Lecturer, Usman Institute of Technology
• Project Officer, Brunel University London
• Electrical Engineer, Pakistan International Container Terminal
• Power Quality, Renewable Energy
• Asif Gulraiz, Hammad Munami, Power Factor Correction for Non-Linear Loads, International Journal on Energy Conversion (IRECON). ISSN: 2281-5295, e-ISSN: 2281-5309.
• Distinction in Final Thesis (MSc), Brunel University London
• M.E (CIS), NED University
• B.E (CIS), NED University
Engr. Hamza Shams
• MSc (Manufacturing and Engineering Management), NUST, Karachi
• BE (Industrial and Manufacturing), NUST, Karachi
• Atomic and Lateral Force Microcopy (AFM/LFM)
• Oil and Water Repellent Surfaces
• Tribology and Surface Characterization
• Entrepreneurship and Social Media Marketing
• Hamza Shams, Sajid Saleem, Kanza Basit, Salman Nisar, Characterization of Nano-level Coefficient of Friction of Oleophobic and Super Hydrophobic Coatings on 316L SS in Harsh Conditions, 83rd Annual Meeting of the American Physical Society (APS) Southeastern Section, November 2016
• Hamza Shams, Kanza Rehman, Mohsin Aziz, Raja Hamza Sajid, Muhammad Fahad Khan, Surface Characterization of Pipeline Surface using Replica Techniques, 83rd Annual Meeting of the American Physical Society (APS) Southeastern Section, November 2016
• Hamza Shams, Bilal A. Siddiqui, Sajid Saleem, Validation of Temperature Sensitivity of Superhydrophobic Surfaces as Applied on 316L SS, 1st International Conference on Advanced Materials and Process Engineering (NED-AMPE), December 2015
• Hamza Shams, Bilal A. Siddiqui, Sajid Saleem, Evaluation of Commercial Oleophobic Coatings for Aerospace Applications in Harsh Environments, 4th International Conference on Aerospace Science and Engineering (ICASE), September 2015
• SAP-D & SAP-V, SAP University Alliances Program at DSU
• Faculty Advisor, Team DSU Burraq
• Academic Liaison Officer (ALO), IMechE DSU Student Chapter
• ME (Communication Systems and Networks), MUET
• BE (Telecommunications), MUET
• Assistant Manager, Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited (PTCL – Etisalat), Hyderabad
• Resident Engineer, Interactive Group of Companies Pvt Ltd, Army Data Center, Hyderabad
• Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
• Cooperative Communication Systems
• S Asad A, et al, Performance Evaluation Of Decode & Forward Cooperative Communication Protocols, International Journal Of Information Technology And Electrical Engineering , 1st Jan 2013, ISSN: 2225-7217
• Syed Asad Ali, et al, Bit Error rate Analysis of Amplify and Forward Cooperative Communication Protocol, IEEEP 26th Multi Topic Symposium 2011, Karachi Pakistan
• Gold Medal from IEEE on research paper
• Position Holder in BE
• MSc. Civil Engineering, NED University of Engineering and Technology
• BSc. Civil Engineering NED University of Engineering and Technology
• 37 years of teaching experience
• Organized and attended more than 30 seminars conferences and workshops
• Completed training on Application of Computer in Civil Engineering Drawing at University Of Southampton UK
• Aspects of behaviour of CFRP reinforced concrete beams in bending, Construction and Building Materils, 2008
• Fire Resistance of carbon FRP reinforced concrete beams, Magazine of Concrete Research, 2007
• Experimental testing of concrete beams reinforced with carbon FRP bars, Journal of Composite Materials, 2007
• Analytical Modelling of concrete beams reinforced with carbon FRP bars, Journal of Composite Materials, 2007
• The use of CFRP bars as reinforcing material Part 1: Experimental study, Proceedings of Eighth International Conference on Computational Structures Technology, 2006
Engr. Kashif Ahmed
• Masters Degree in Construction Management, NED University
• Masters Degree in Transportation Engineering, NIT National University of Science & Technology
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Military College of Civil Engineering, Risalpur (National University of Science & Technology)
Mr. Qazi Abdul Samad
Engr. Shehryar Atta Khan
(On study leave)
• ME (Manufacturing), NED University
• BE (Industrial & Manufacturing), NUST, Karachi
• Additive Manufacturing
• Automation and Control Systems
• Machine Vision
• Shehryar A. Khan, Bilal A. Siddiqui, Muhammad Fahad. Evaluation of Additive Manufacturing Techniques for Fabrication of Propellers for SUAVs, Fourth International Conference on Aerospace Science & Engineering (ICASE-2015) Islamabad Pakistan.
• M.Phil leading to PhD: Department of International Relations, University of Karachi (2014- In progress)
• Certification: Human Resource Management (2007), Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi.
• Master’s degree: International Relations – University of Karachi (2000)
• Bachelor’s Degree: University of Karachi (1998) Majors: Psychology, Economics, Education
• Attended 8th International Conference on Applied Research in Business, Management and Economics(ICBME – 2020) held by Greenwich University, Karachi Campus
• Research Paper Presented at International Video Conference for Social Sciences (IVCSS) 2018 at Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Lyari
• Research Paper Presented at ICCHSD 2016, UoK: The Challenges of Women Empowerment and Social Development in Pakistan
• MAS (Applied Economics), Applied Economics Research Center, University of Karachi, Karachi
• MA (Economics), University of Punjab, Lahore
• B.Sc (Economics, Statistics and Mathematics), University of Punjab, Lahore
• Macroeconomics Analysis
• Development Sector
• Financial Markets
• Masood, H., Waqas, M., & Anwer, M. (2017). Validity of f-h puzzle in Pakistan economy: A time series study. Journal of Business Studies , 89-96.
• Waqas, M., Uddin, I., Ashfaq, B., & Shakir, R. (Vol. 12, No. 1, (Spring 2016) ). Redefinig economic systems as an islamic economic system. Journal of Business Studies, 65-78.
• M.S in Applied Mathematics
• NED University of Engineering and Technology
1. Khan,N. A.; Mohiuddin,S.; Baig,M. M.; & Minai,T. A. (2014). Statistical Analysis of Constraints Acquiring Higher Secondary Education. International Journal of Database Theory & Application, 7(2).
2. Mohiuddin,S.; Hussain,Z.; Haseen,N.; Ahmed,R. Verification of Conversion Formulae by Taking Chest Circumference on Skin, Tight-fitting and loose-fitting Clothing in 3-7 year old children. Health Science: An International Journal.2011,1(1): 9-15
• Public Transportation Operations
• Vehicle Routing Problems
• Traffic Signals Optimization
• Intelligent transportation system
• MS Computer Science (Specialization in Machine Learning), Mohammad Ali Jinnah University
• BS Computer Science, DHA Suffa University
Engr. M. Imran
• ME (Solid Mechanics), University of Malaya, Malaysia
• BE (Mechanical), NUST, Karachi
• Solid Mechanics, Fracture Failure Analysis, Finite Element Analysis and Boundary Element Analysis
• Assessment of a planar inclusion in a solid cylinder (URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2014.11.027)
• Acquired High Impact Research Funding for MS research
• Received 3rd position in undergraduate studies at NUST
• Awarded merit certificates of 1st position in Sem-III and VII by NUST
• MBA (Human Resource), SZABIST, Karachi
• BBA, University of Karachi
• Human Resource Management
• Human Resource Information System
• Consumer Behavior
• Received Merit Scholarship on securing highest GPA in 2nd Semester of MBA at SZABIST
• Secured 2nd position in BBA
• Secured Merit Scholarship in all semesters of BBA and a place in the List of Honor
• MSC: Organizational Psychology and Human Resource
• BBA Hons: Hamdard University
• Certified Remedial Therapist for Dyslexics: R.E.A.D (Diploma)
• Certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapist (online Oxford University in collaboration with PACT) (Diploma)
• MS (Electrical Engineering), NUST, Karachi
• BE (Electronics), NUST, Karachi
• RF communication and wireless systems
• Antenna Designing
• Wireless Body Area Networks
• Kinza Shafique, Bilal A. Khawaja, Munir A.Tarar, Bilal Muhammad Khan, Muhammad Mustaqim, Wearable Ultra Wideband Antenna for Wireless Body Area Networks, accepted in Microwave Wiley Journals. – Impact Factor 0.568
• Hudaisa Afzal, Kinza Shafique, Zubair Ahmed Junaid, Physical Layer of LTE – Architecture and simulation, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN-13 978-3-659-83500-1, ISBN-10 3659835005, EAN 9783659835001, 5 Feb, 2016.
• Kinza Shafique, A. A. Razzaqi, M. Mustaqim, B.M. Khan , B.A. Khawaja, A 1×2 Circular Patch Antenna Array for Next Generation 802.11ac WLAN Applications , ISBN 978-1-5090-2013-3, 2015 IEEE ICET.
• Kinza Shafique, M. Mustaqim, B.M. Khan , B.A. Khawaja, A Thin and Flexible Ultra Wideband Antenna for Wireless Body Area Networks with Reduced Ground Plane Effect, ISBN 978-1-5090-2013-3, 2015 IEEE ICET.
• Kinza Shafique, Bilal A. Khawaja, Munir A.Tarar, Bilal Muhammad Khan, Muhammad Mustaqim, Wearable Ultra Wideband Antenna for Wireless Body Area Networks, accepted in Microwave Wiley Journals. -Impact Factor 0.568
• Awarded Fully Funded NUST Indigenous Scholarship under Endowment Fund for MS.
• M.S. (Computer Science) , Hamdard University
• M.Sc. (Applied Physics), University of Karachi
• Wireless Sensor Networks
• Embedded Systems
• Khalil, U.; Javid, T. (2019) A Survey on Automatic Road Accident Detection. Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
• Khalil, U.; Nasir, A.; Khan, S, M.; Javid, T; Raza, S, A.; Siddiqui, A. Automatic Road Accident Detection using Ultrasonic Sensor. In International Multi Topic Conference (INMIC), IEEE, 2018.
• Khalil, U.; Javid, T.; Nasir, A. Automatic road accident detection techniques: A brief survey. In International Symposium on Wireless Systems and Networks (ISWSN), 2017, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2017.
• MSc Electrical Engineering, The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
• B.Eng Electrical, Mehran UET, Pakistan
• Sensorless Control Techniques for Variable Speed Drives
• Simulation Modeling of Power Electric and Power Electronic Systems
• Integrated and Modular Motor Drives
• Grid Integration of Large Scale Renewable Energy Systems
• Design of High Speed and Power Dense Machines
• R.U.A. Shaikh and H. Shaikh, Analysis of field oriented controlled AC drive fed by a back to back three level NPC Converter, 2017 IEEE First International Conference on Latest Trends in Electrical Engineering & Computing Technologies (INTELLECT).
• R.U.A. Shaikh, A. Saeed and R. Kumar, Review on Present and Future Integration Techniques for Capacitors in Motor Drives, 2018 IEEE International Conference on Computing, Mathematics & Engineering Technologies (iCoMET), 2018
• Developing Solutions Masters Scholar at University of Nottingham
• Student Leader Award (Bronze) Awarded by Nottingham Students Union
• Mehran University Entrance Scholarship
• Mehran University Academic Merit Grants
• 2nd Position in MSc Electrical Engineering Cohort 2015 at University of Nottingham, UK
• MS (Business Administration), Pakistan
• MBA (Finance), Pakistan
• BSc, Pakistan
Lecturer, DACB, DHA, Karachi
• Shabib ul Hasan and ErumFatima (2012),Social Networking Websites: Conduit for Women Entrepreneurs in Pakistan, International Journal of Computing and Corporate Research, 2 (5).
• Atif Hasan, Erum Fatima and Rizwana Bashir (2013), Social Media Marketing Opportunities and Threats for Young Entrepreneurs in Pakistan,international Journal of Management Sciences and Business Research,ISSN:2226-8235, Vol 2, No. 1, January 2013 Pg. 23-28.
• Recipient of Dr.Adbul Qadeer Khan Shield
• MS(Business Administration) from Hamdard University, Karachi in 2016
Lecturer, DACB, DHA, Karachi
• Analysis of Risk Management practices in Business Enterprises of Pakistan (GMJACS), December 2013
• Stress Management in Private Banks of Pakistan, Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS), June 2013
• Launching Centerpoint Training Institute, www.ecch.com, 2013
• MSc. (Physics) University of Karachi
• MBA (HR) Hamdard University
• Visiting Lecturer at Aligarh Institute Of Technology From 3-01-2018 to 30-04-2018
• HR Officer at Private Company from 01-08-2017 to 15-01-2018
• Visiting Lecturer at Sir Syed university of engineering and technology from 02-01-2015 to 3-5-2017
• Cooperative Teacher at Government college for women from 1-10-2013 to 16-01-2014
• Teaching at Oxford Grammar School
• ME (Water Resources Engineering), NED University
• BE (Civil Engineering), NED University
ME thesis Title “Regional Climate Model Evaluation for Lower Sindh”
• Urban drainage and sewer system design
• Climate Change impacts on water resources
• Hydrologic Modeling for effective watershed management
• Best management practices in reducing contaminant transport in drinking water bodies
Engr. Syeda Wafa Zehra Abidi
• M.E Transportation Engineering, NED University
• B.E Civil Engineering, NED University
Ms. Urooba Javed
• MS (Computer Science), IBA
• BS (Computer Science), DHA Suffa University