• Bari, Khan, Lowe, Farooqi – Measurement of Thermal Diffusivity for Alumina Borosilicate Glass Bearing TRISO Fuel Particles_Experiment and Modelling Correlation – Journal of Materials Science – v48 n14 pp4866 2013
• Ali, Buckthorpe, Cheyene, Farooqi, Mummery – Comparative Study of Predictive Finite Element Methods for Mechanical Properties in 2D Woven Carbon/Carbon Composites, Advanced Materials Science – v59 pp116 2009
• Farooqi, Sheikh – Finite Element Modelling of Thermal Transport in Ceramic Matrix Composite – Computational Materials Science – v37 n3 pp361 2006
• Ali, Farooqi, Buckthorpe, Cheyene, Mummery – Comparative Study of Predictive FE Methods for Mechanical Properties of Nuclear Composites – Journal of Nuclear Materials – n3 v383 pp247 2009
• Khan, Al-Sulaiman, Farooqi, Younas – Fatigue Life Predictions in Woven Carbon Fabric/Polyester Composites based on Modulus Degradation – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – n5 v20 pp377 2001
• Khan, Al-Sulaiman, Farooqi – Fatigue Damage Characterization in Plain-Weave Carbon-Carbon Fabric Reinforced Plastic Composites – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites – n15 v17 pp1320 1998
• Mokheimer, Antar, Farooqi, Zubair – Analytical and Numerical Solution along with PC Spread-sheet Modeling for a Composite Fin – Heat and Mass Transfer – n4 v32 pp229 1997
• PhD (Thermofluids) University Technology, Malaysia
• MS (Nuclear Engineering) PIEAS, Islamabad
• BE (Mechanical) NED University, Karachi
• Combustion, gasification of coals and biomass
• Energy engineering
Research Projects (Ongoing and Completed):
• Pyrolysis process development and surface chemical treatment of palm wastes based activated carbon to improve its adsorption capacity in industrial wastewater treatment process (KACST Funded Project – 2 Million SR)
• Energy Management Studies of Faculty of Engineering at King Abdul Aziz University, Rabigh, Saudi Arabia (SR 50,000 KAU Funded Project, Already Completed)
• Pyrolysis and devolatization behavior of Palm dates wastes (KAU Funding available – SR 50,000, Completed)Publications
• PhD (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
• ME (Mechanical Engineering, Energy Systems)
• NED University of Engineering and Technology
• BE (Mechanical) NED University of Engineering and Technology
• Renewable Energy
• Thermoelectric Generator
• Micro and Nano Scale Energy Transport
Research Projects (Ongoing and Completed):
• Thermal Performance of a Thermoelectric Generator
• Design Optimization of Thermoelectric Generators for Waste Heat Extraction
• Phonon transport across thin films in relation to thermoelectric applications
• Dust & Water Repellent Surfaces for Solar PV & Concentrated Solar Application in Desert Environments
Dr. Faheem Akhter
Assistant Professor & HOD(MS), HOD(HU)
• HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
• PhD (Public Administration) University of Karachi.
• MBA (General Management) IBA, University of Sindh
• LLB (Minor Act and Labor Law), SM Law College.
• M.A. (International Relations) University of Karachi.
• Advanced Certificate in Islamic Jurisprudence
• International Islamic University Islamabad
• Graduate of Pakistan Military Academy
• Human Resource Management
• Supply Chain Management
• Project Management
• Industrial Relations
• Legal Affairs and Corporate Law
• General Management
• Extremism and Intolerance: Psycho-Social Analysis and Wayforward, 2019, Journal of Education & Social Sciences
• Terrorism in Pakistan: Genesis, Damages and Way Forward, 2019, Journal of Management Sciences
• Good Governance in Extremism and Militancy: Pakistan’s Case, 2018, Journal of Education and Social Sciences
• Pakistan’s Emerging Challenges: Increasing Militancy, Decreasing Governance, 2016, International Journal of Humanities and Social Science
• Extremism in Pakistan: Need to refreshing the garden through Reformation, 2016, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences
• Education, dialogue and deterrence Tools to counter terrorism, 2016, Journal of Sociology and Anthropology
• Conflict and Job Satisfaction, 2016, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences
• PhD (Chemistry) H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry, University of Karachi
• MSc. (Applied Chemistry) University of Karachi
• Natural Product Chemistry
• Drug Development
1. Ahmed,R.; Zafar,S.; Li,B.; Peng,C.; Zhang,W.; Peng,Q.; Qin,Y.; Wang, W. Analytical Methods for the Quality Control of Saffron.(manuscript in process).
2. Xie,Q.; Haung,J.; Ahmed,R.; Chen,Y.; Zhang,X.; Xiao,H.; Choudhary,M.I.;Wang,W. An Analytical Approach for the Quality Control of Jianpi Jiedu Recipe by UHPLC-ESI-MS/MS (in process).
3. Zafar,S.; Rahman,IU.;Khan,A; Ahmed,R. Adsorption of Organic Dyes on Non-conventional and Inexpensive Adsorbent, (Submitted).
4. Xiao,H.; Huang,J.; Zhang,X.; Ahmed,R.; Xie,Q.; Li,B.; Zhu,Y.; Cai,X.; Peng,Q.; Qin,Y.; Huang,H.; Wang,W. Identification of Potential Diagnostic Biomarkers of Acute Pancreatitis by Serum Metabolomic Profiles. Pancreatology 2017, 17(4), 543-549, Impact factor 2.724.
5. Zafar,S.; Ahmed,R.; Khan,R. Biotransformation: A Green and Efficient Way of Antioxidant Synthesis. Free Radical Research. 2016, 50(9), 939-948, Impact factor 2.949.
6. Ahmed,R.; Wang,Y.; Ali,Z.; Smillie,T.J.; Khan,I.A.HPLC Method for Chemical Fingerprinting of Guggul (Commiphora wightii) – Quantification of E- and Z-Guggulsterones, and Detection of Possible Adulterants. Planta Medica. 2016, 82(4), 356-61. Impact factor 2.152.
7. Ahmed,R.; Ali,Z.; Wu,Y.; Kulkarni,S.; Avery,M. A.; Choudhary,M.I.; Rahman, AU.; Khan,I.A. Chemical Characterization of a commercial Commiphora wightii Resin Sample and Chemical Profiling to Assess for Authenticity. Planta Medica. 2011 Jun; 77(9):945-50, Impact factor 2.152.
8. Yousuf,S.; Ahmed,R.; Ali,Z.; Choudhary,M.I.; Ng,S. W. (20S)-20-Acetoxy-4-pregnene-3, 16-dione from Commiphora wightii. Acta Crystallographia. 2010, 66(Pt 12), Impact factor 0.347.
• PhD (Transportation Sciences), Hasselt University, Belgium in 2018
• MS (Transportation Sciences), Hasselt University, Belgium in 2015
• BE (Civil Engineering), NED University, Karachi in 2011
Travel Demand Modelling
Activity Based Demand Forecasting
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D., (2019). Activity-based model for medium-sized cities considering external activity-travel: Enhancing FEATHERS framework. Future Generation Computer Systems. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2019.01.055 Impact Factor: 4.64
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D., (2019). A Comprehensive Modeling Framework to Integrate External Trips in a Travel Demand Model. Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CP.1943-5487.0000817 Impact Factor: 2.30
Baqueri, S.F.A., Adnan, M. and Bellemans, T., (2018). Modeling External Trips: Review of Past Studies and Directions for Way Forward. Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems, 144(9). Available at: http://ascelibrary.org/doi/10.1061/JTEPBS.0000179. Impact Factor: 0.90
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Knapen, L., Bellemans, T. and Janssens, D. (2018) ‘Modelling Distribution of External–Internal Trips and Its Intra-region and Inter-region Transferability’, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, accepted, doi: 10.1007/s13369-018-3482-x. Impact Factor: 1.09
Hussain I.; Khan M.A.; Baqueri S.F.A., Shah, S.A.R., Bashir, M.K., Khan, M.M., Khan, I.A., (2017). An Organizational-Based Model and Agent-Based Simulation for Co-Traveling at an Aggregate Level. Applied Sciences, 7(12), p.1221. Available at: http://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/7/12/1221. Impact Factor: 1.689
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., and Ali M. S., (2019) ‘Potential Of Integrated Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) System In Motorcycle Dominant Cities’, in 10th International Civil Engineering Conference Karachi, Pakistan
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Kochan, B. and Bellemans, T. (2018) ‘Modeling residents external activity-travel in an activity-based model using FEATHERS’, in hEART Conference, Athens, Greece
Baqueri, S. F. A., Adnan, M., Knapen, L. and Bellemans, T. (2017) ‘Modelling External-Internal Trips at Traffic Analysis Zones Using Open-Source Data’, in Young Researchers Seminar. Berlin, Germany
Baqueri, S.F.A., Lee W. D., Knapen L., Bellemans T., Janssens D., Wetz G., 2016. Estimating Incoming Cross-border Trips Through Land Use data Resources – A Case of Karachi City, The 7th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2016), Madrid, Spain
Baqueri, S.F.A., Ectors W., Ali M. S., Janssens D., 2016. Estimation of Value of Time for a Congested Network – A case study of the National Highway, Karachi, The 7th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2016) Madrid, Spain
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Baqueri S.F.A., 2015. Toll Estimation as a function of Time-Dependent Link Cost, vehicle category and distance– A Case Study for Karachi, The 14th International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Engineering, February 24-25, Tehran, Iran
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Noman S.M., Baqueri, S.F.A., 2013. Estimation of Traffic Congestion Cost-A Case Study of a Major Arterial in Karachi”, IEDC 2013, 4th International Symposium on Infrastructure Engineering on Developing Countries, December 26-28, Karachi, Pakistan (Elsevier Journal)
Ali M. S., Adnan M., Baqueri S.F.A., 2012. “Development of a Socio-Economic Zoning System of the Karachi Metropolis for Effective Transportation Planning”, AWAM international Conference of Civil Engineering (AICCE), August 2012, Malaysia
• PhD (Systems Engineering) King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• MS (Systems Engineering) King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• BE (Industrial Electronics Engineering) IIEE-NEDUET, Karachi, Pakistan
• Industrial Applications of Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence (e.g., Soft Sensors, APC, NDT)
• Industrial Internet of Things (Industry 4.0)
• Cyber Physical Systems
• Green Desalination.
• Electric Vehicles
• Networked Sensing and Control
Previous Research Projects:
• New Control Methodologies for Systems of Systems Engineering, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Energy Efficiency in WSN-based pipeline leak detection, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Inferential Sensing Methods for Emission Monitoring from Industrial Boilers, Funded by NSTIP.
• Decentralized Networked Control Systems, Funded by DSR, KFUPM.
• Design and Manufacturing of Solar Power Systems and Devices for Challenging Environments, Funded by KFUPM & MIT Collaboration.
• Estimation of Iron Quality of Direct Reduced Iron, Funded by KFUPM & SABIC Collaboration.
• Control Loop Performance Monitoring, Funded by KFUPM & Yokogawa Collaboration.
• Detection of Coating Disbondment using Inline Inspection of Oil & Gas Pipeline, ROSEN Group Germany.
• Acoustic Resonance Techniques for Inline Inspection of Oil & Gas Pipelines, ROSEN Group Germany.
Current Research Projects:
• Design and Development of Secure IoTAdapter based on RISC V technology to support Industry 4.0 transition in Pakistan.
• Design and Development of Electronic Propulsion System for Electric Vehicles.
• IoT based Smart Water Metering Solution Residential Units to address the issues of shared water.
• Design and Development of Artificial Hand from electromyography data for handicapped people.
Dr. Kalim Ullah Bhat
HEC APPROVED PHD SUPERVISOR
• PhD (Finance) DUFE, Dalian, China
• MS (Finance ) IIUI, Islamabad, Pakistan
• BBA (Finance) FUUAST, Islamabad, Pakistan
• Assistant Professor , Management Sciences, DHA Suffa University
• Credit rating and predictability of firms’ bankruptcy
• Bhat, K.U, Shihua, C., Yan, C., Jebran, K. (2020). Debt capacity, debt choice and underinvestment problem. Evidence from China. Economic Research (SSCI, IF 1.38, JCR-Q2)
• Jebran, K., Iqbal, A., Bhat, K. U., Khan, M. A., & Hayat, M. (2019). Determinants of corporate cash holdings in tranquil and turbulent period: evidence from an emerging economy. Financial Innovation, 5(1), 3. ( SSCI, IF 2.96, JCR-Q1).
• Bhat, K.U., Chen, Y., Jebran, K. and Memon, Z.A. (2019), “Board diversity and corporate risk: evidence from China”, Corporate Governance, Vol. 20 No. 2, pp. 280-293. ABS 2 (ESCI, HEC X Category).
• Bhat, K., Yan, Chen, Jebran, K, Bhat, N. (2018). Corporate governance and firm value. A comparative analysis of state and non-state corporations in the context of Pakistan. Corporate Governance, The international Journal of Business in Society, 18(6), 1196-1206 ABS 2 (ESCI, HEC X Category)
• Bhat, K. U., & Shah, S. Z. A. (2015). Empirical Investigation of the Relationship between Exchange Rate Movements and Stock Market Volatility in the Context of Pakistan. Pakistan Business Review, 18(4), 1048-1062 (HEC Pakistan, X Category)
• Bhat, K. U., & Shah, S. Z. A. (2017). Determinants of Real Exchange Rate Movements in South Asian Countries: An Empirical evidence, Pakistan Business Review, 744-758 (HEC, X Category)
• Jebran, K. Khan, M. A., Bhat, K., and Iqbal, A. (2020). Financing behavior of firms and financial crisis: Evidence from an emerging economy, forthcoming issue. Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences (ESCI, HEC X Category)
• Jebran K, Iqbal, A, Bhat, K., Ali, A. (2018) Effects of terms of trade on economic growth of China. Emerging Economy Studies, 4(2), 1-14. (SAGE).
Engr. Dr. Imtiaz Hussain
• HEC Approved Supervisor Since 2013
• PhD (Vehicle Systems Dynamics and Control) 2012 University of Salford, Manchester, UK
• Post Graduate Diploma (Telecom & Control) 2007 MUET, Jamshoro, Pakistan
• BE (Electronics) 2004 MUET, Jamshoro, Pakistan
• Associate Professor, Mehran University
• IEEE since 2015
• PEC since 2004
• RRUKA since 2011
• Control and System identification
• Condition Monitoring Applications
Achievements & Awards:
• Supervised more than 3 dozen PhD/MS/M.Phil. students
• 57 research publications in national/international conferences and journals
• Associate Researcher in National Centre of Robotics and Automation-Condition monitoring Lab
• Best Young Researcher Award by IMechE UK (Railway Division) in 2012.
Selected Ongoing Research Projects :
• Design of Extended Kalman filter for Estimation of creep forces at wheel-rail interface
• Multiple Model Based Identification of railway wheelset Conicity
• Adhesion level identification in wheel-rail contact using deep neural networks
• Development of Condition Monitoring technology for railway rolling stock (NCRA-CMS)
• Imtiaz Hussain, T. X Mei, R. T. Ritching, Estimation of Wheel -Rail Contact Conditions and adhesion using Multiple Model Approach. International Journal of Vehicle Mechanics and Mobility. Vol 51 Issue 1 2013
• Faheem A. Umrani A. Waheed Umrani, Naveed A. Umrani, Kehkhsan A. Memon and Imtiaz H. Kalwar,Performance Analysis of Spectral Amplitude Coding Based OCDMA System With Gain and Mismatch Journal of Optical Communication,Vol.34,Issue 3, July 2013.
• Imtiaz Hussain, T. X. Mei and M. Mirzapour, Real Time Estimation of the Wheel-Rail Contact Conditions using Multi-Kalman Filtering and Fuzzy Logic. UKACC International Conference on Control, 3-5 September 2012 University of Cardiff, UK.
• M. Mirzapour, T. X. Mei and, Imtiaz Hussain, Assessment of Fault Tolerance for Actively Controlled Railway Wheelset. UKACC International Conference on Control, 3-5 September 2012 University of Cardiff, UK.
• Imtiaz Hussain and T. X. Mei,Identification of the Wheel-Rail Contact Conditions for Traction and Braking Control, 22nd International Symposium of Dynamics of Vehicle on roads and Tracks (International Association of Vehicle System Dynamics IAVSD2011), 14
• Imtiaz Hussain and T. X. Mei, Multi Kalman Filtering Approach for Estimation of Wheel-Rail Contact Conditions. United Kingdom Automatic Control Conference (UKACC2010), 7-10 September 2010, Coventry UK.
• T. X. Mei, Imtiaz Hussain, Detection of wheel-rail conditions for improved traction control, International Conference on Railway Traction Systems (RTS2010), 13-15 April, 2010, Birmingham UK.
• R. H Chandio, I. Hussain and T. D. Memon, FPGA-based Implementation of Maximum Power Point Tracking of Solar Cell, Journal of Applied and Emerging Sciences BUITEMS, Vol 7, Issue 1, 2017, p 22-33.
• Shahzor Memon1 Riaz Uddin , Imtiaz Hussain Kalwar , Kamran Kazi,Observer Based Slip Measurement Technique of DC Motor Mounted on Railway Wheel-set, University of Sindh Journal of Information and Communication Technology (USJICT), Vol.1, Issue-1, October 2017.
• A. A. Patoli, Qurban Memon, K.Kazi and Imtiaz Hussain, Road Condition Monitoring for Optimized Antilock Braking System, Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.47, Issue 4, December 2015, pages 813-817.
• Imtiaz Hussain, F. R. Abro, Arbab Nighat Khizer and H. Ali, Fault Detection and Identification in Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine Using Current Signal Analysis, Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.47, Issue 2, July 2015, pages 291-94.
• Khuram Shaikh, Hussain, I., B S Chowdhry, K. Kazi, & B A Arain. (2016). Modeling & Simulation of Predictive Maintenance Strategy for High Speed Railway Vehicles. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(S1).
• Sattar, A., Hussain, I., Memon, T. D., Karar, H., & Saeed, U. (2016). Investigation of Imbalance Faults in Horizontal Axis WTGS through Analysis of Generator Current Signal. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(47).
• Soomro, A. A., I. Hussain., Kazi, K., Khoso, S. K., & Ansari, S. (2016). A Hybrid Monitoring Technique for Diagnosis of Mechanical Faults in Induction Motor. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(47).
• Ansari, S., Soomro, A. A., Kalwar, I. H., Solangi, U. S., & Noonari, A. S. (2016). PLC based Automatic Distillation and Collection of Ethanol-Water Solution. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(47).
• Arbab Nighat, Khizer, Imtiaz Hussain and Wanod Kumar, Time Domain System Identification of Longitudinal Dynamics of Single Rotor Helicopter Model using SIDPAC, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.34, Issue 1, January 2015, pages 75-81.
• Z. A. Soomro, Imtiaz Hussain and B S Chowdhry, Modeling and Analysis of Linearized Wheel-Rail Contact Dynamics, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.33, Issue 3, July 2014, pages 335-340.
• Wanod Kumar, Irfan Halepoto and Imtiaz Hussain, Performance Analysis of TDMA Protocol in a Femtocell Network, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.33, Issue 3, July 2014, pages 330-334.
• Irfan Halepoto, Imtiaz Hussain, Wanod Kumar and B S Chowdhry, Performance Analysis of Conventional and Fuzzy Logic Controlled Automatic Voltage Regulator System in a Noisy Environment, New horizon Journal of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Pakistan (IEEEP), Vol.81-82, June 2014, pages 33-39.
• Z. A. Soomro, Imtiaz Hussain and B S Chowdhry, Creep Force Analysis at Wheel-Rail Contact Patch to Identify Adhesion Level to Control Slip on Railway Track, New horizon Journal of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Pakistan (IEEEP), Vol.81-82, June 2014, pages 14-17.
• Wanod Kumar, Imtiaz Hussain and Sara Qadeer, Finite Capacity Energy Efficient Femtocell Networks, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.33, Issue 2, April 2014, pages 245-252.
• M. Mirzapour, T. X. Mei and Imtiaz Hussain, Fault Detection and Isolation for an Active wheelset Control System, 23rd international Symposium of Dynamics of Vehicle on roads and Tracks (International Association of Vehicle System Dynamics IAVSD2013), 19-23 August 2013, Qingdao China
• Imtiaz Hussain, Wanod Kumar, Irfan Halepoto and Kamran Kazi, Anti-Slip Traction Control of Railway Vehicle Based on Estimated Wheel- Rail Contact Condition. Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.45, Issue 2, July 2013, pages 373-378.
• Imtiaz Hussain, Jawaid Daudpoto and Ali Asghar Memon, Introducing Dual Suspension System in Road Vehicles. Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.32, Issue 2, April 2013, pages 239-244.
• Ali Asghar Memon, Imtiaz Hussain and Mohammad Aslam Uqaili, Gate Driver Circuit of Power Electronic Switches with Reduced Number of Isolated DC/DC Converter for a Switched Reluctance Motor. Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.32, Issue 2, April 2013, pages 233-238.
• Ali Asghar Memon, Imtiaz Hussain and Jawaid Daudpoto, Modeling of Static Characteristics of Switched Reluctance Motor. Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.32, Issue 1, January 2013, pages 141-146.
• Imtiaz Hussain, F. R. Abro, A. A. Memon, Design of Fuzzy Inference System for Condition Monitoring at Wheel-Rail Interface. Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.45, Issue 1, January 2013, pages 101-106.
• Imtiaz Hussain, Ali Asghar Memon and B. S. Chowdhry, Identification of Wheel-Rail Contact Condition Using Multi-Kalman Filtering Approach. Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.31, Issue 4, October 2012, pages 799-806.
• Ali Asghar Memon, Imtiaz Hussain and Mohammad Aslam Uqaili, Hardware Implementation of Producing Variable Conduction Angles of a Switched Reluctance Motor. Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.31, Issue 4, October 2012, pages 795-798.
• Imtiaz Hussain, F. R. Abro, A. A. Memon and I. A. Memon, Multiple Model Based Real Time Estimation of Wheel-Rail Contact Conditions. Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.44, Issue 4, September 2012, pages 635-640.
• A. Memon, Imtiaz. Hussain, W. Shah and M. S. Chandio, Modeling Of Switched Reluctance Motor. Sindh University Research Journal Science Series (SURJ), Vol.44, Issue 4, September 2012, pages 571-574.
• Best Young Researcher Prize by Institute of Mechanical Engineers UK (IMechE UK) in February 2012, IMechE Head Office London
• Post Doc (Aerodynamics, Controls) Aerodynamics Research Lab, Poitiers, France
• PhD (ME, Turbulence) UJF, Grenoble France
• MPhil (ME, Energy Systems) ISAE, Toulouse, France
• MSc (Aeronautical Engineering) ISAE, Toulouse, France
• BE (Mechanical), NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
• HoD, Mechanical Engineering, DHA Suffa University (2017-2019)
• General Manager (Design), SUPARCO, Karachi (2000- 2016)
• Post-Doctoral Researcher, CNRS, Aerodynamics Research Laboratory, Poitiers, France (2009-10)
• Computer Aided Engineering
• CFD: Modeling & Simulation of Internal & External Flows (Multi-Phase, Combustion, Unsteady Fluid Dynamics)
• High Performance Computing
• Renewable Energy Systems
• Digital Signal Processing
1.Nauman M. Qureshi, Mickael Bourgoin, Christophe Baudet, Alain Cartellier, Yves Gagne, “Turbulent
Transport of Material Particles: An Experimental Study of Finite Size Effects”,
2. Nauman M. Qureshi, Unaiarrieta, Christophe Baudet, Alain Cartellier, Yves Gagne, Mickael
Bourgoin “Acceleration statistics of inertial particles in turbulent flow”, European Physical Journal B 66,
3. Nauman M. Qureshi, Unaiarrieta, Christophe Baudet, Christophe Baudet, Yves Gagne,:
Turbulent Transport of Finite- Sized Material Particle”, Journal of Physics: Conference
Series, Vol 318, 012005 (2011).
4. Abdul Majid, Muhammad Naeem Owais, Muhammad Nauman Qureshi, “Aerodynamic
Drag Computation of Lower Earth Orbit (LEO) Satellites”, Journal of Space Technology,
Vol. 8, No. 1, July 2018.
5. Syed Sheraz Ali, Nauman Qureshi, Shafiq ur Rehman “Performance Prediction of MEMS
based Resistojet Thruster through CFD”, Journal of Space Technology, 2017. For detailed profile, visit following link: Download
• PhD in Computer Engineering; other higher education from South Eastern Oklahoma State University, United States. More than 20 years of university level teaching experience and more than 12 years of experience in the Computer Systems industry.
CEng. (Engineering Council UK), PE (PEC) and MIET (IET)
• Wireless Communication
• Regression Analysis
• PhD, Computer Engineering, Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi. Topic: Novel Algorithm for PAPR Reduction in Multi-Code CDMA
• M.S (by thesis), Computer Engineering, Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi. Topic: Computer Networking
• B.S Electronics (Minor: Computer Science), South Eastern Oklahoma State University, United States.
• BSc (Industrial Technology), MUET
1) S. Rizwan Hasan and Najeeb Siddiqui, “Algorithm for reducing PAPR of Multi-code CDMA using Reed Muller codes,” IET Electronics Letters, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 926-928, May 2016, http://digitallibrary.theiet.org/content/journals/10.1049/el.2016.0553 (HEC approved with Impact factor)
2) S.Rizwan ul Hasan, Najeeb Siddiqui, and Shakeel Ahmed, “Impact of reformed RM Encoded data on PAPR of Multicode CDMA under MSK”, SSURJ of Engineering and Technology, vol. 6, issue 1, pp. 23-26, 2016 (HEC approved Y-Category).
3) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, Shakil Ahmed, Ammar Abbas Power Optimization using efficient Codes, SURJ, ISSN 1813-1743, Vol. 43 Issue 1A, pp 51-56, June 2011 (HEC approved, Abstracted by Thompson Scientific).
4) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, Shakil Ahmed, “Performance Evaluation of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) in terms Power measurement and reduction”, SSU Res. J. of Engg. &tech, Vol. 1 Issue 1, pp 5-8, 2011.
5) Syed Rizwan ul Hasan, Shakil Ahmed and Ammar Abbas, “Effect of using different Codes for Power reduction” Proc. ICCET 2011, Khairpur, April 22- 23rd 2011 pp.197-202.
6) S.R. Hasan, S.Ahmed. and M. Imam, “PAPR as measure for OFDM with non-linearity” Proc. 7th. CIIT Workshop on Research – Computing, Lahore, June 23rd 2008. pp.114-117.
7) S.R.Hasan, “Effect of using RM code to control PAPR in MC-CDMA and OFDM”, Proc. of the 14th. IEEE International Multi-Topic conference, 2011, Dec. 22-24,2011, pp. 329-333, SSUET, Karachi Pakistan.
8) Syed Rizwan-ul-Hasan, “Using Reed Muller Codes to optimize Peak to Average Power Ratio (PAPR) in Multi-Code Code Division Multiple Access (MC- CDMA)”, ICComE, Dec. 22nd. – 24th. 2010, pp. 11-16, University of Sistan & Baluchistan, Iran.
9) Ammar Abbas, Tauseef Mubeen and S. Rizwan-ul-Hasan, “Capacity analysis for voice and queue management differences in IEEE 802.11 and 802.11e WLAN standards”, in 2008 second International Conference on Electrical Engineering, March 25-26, Lahore Pakistan
10) Hafiz Muhammad Maaz Khan, S. Rizwanul Hasan, Ammar Ahmed, Ashar Khan, and Hafiz Muhammad Fahad,“AI Surveillance UGV”, Proceeding of ICISCT 2020 (IEEE Xplore ), February 8-9, University of Karachi, Pakistan. DOI: 10.1109/ICISCT49550.2020.9080025
• Project : AI surveillance unmanned ground vehicle (Approved from Ignite (2019), Ministry of IT
• Research Project “Using codes to optimize PAPR in Multi-code CDMA”, submitted to CED, SSUET August 5th. 2009.
• HEC-TDF “A prototype communication system to provide optimized (PAPR) for the 4G MC-CDMA, 2018 (did not submit due to unavailability of high configuration FPGA kit
Supervised MS completed students (five)
• Traffic Management in GPRS/GSM networks.
• Maximizing throughput by Power Control in CDMA system.
• QoS in Mobile and Ad Hoc Networks
• QoS support in GPRS core network using MPLS/DiffServ
• Policy based architecture of QoS in differentiated services
• EPSRC project, “Quiet Aerofoils of the Next Generation” (April 2016-August 2018)
• Developed an in-house 3-dimensional finite volume Navier-Stokes solver for compressible flow simulations with immersed boundary methods for City University of London, UK (Sep 2014 to Mar 2016)
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P.Comte. Statistical characteristics of an isothermal, supersonic boundary layer flow from DNS data. Flow Turbul. Combust. vol. 86(3-4), 369-397, 2011
• M. F. Shahab, P. Comte, G. Lehnasch and T. B. Gatski. Analysis of Boundary Layer Structure Downstream of a Shock Impingement. 9th International ERCOFTAC Symposium on Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Measurements, Thessaloniki, Greece, 2012
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P.Comte. Post-shock downstream evolution of turbulent boundary layer based on quadrant analysis, 20eme Congrés Français de Mécanique, Besançon, France, 2011
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. Influence of wall cooling on the statistics of a supersonic turbulent boundary layer flow. 8th International ERCOFTAC Symposium on Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Measurements, Marseille, France,
• M. F. Shahab , G. Lehnasch , T. B. Gatski, and P. Comte. Probing high-speed wall-bounded flows using DNS. 45th Symposium of Applied Aerodynamics, Marseille, France, 2010
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. DNS of a spatially developing, supersonic turbulent boundary layer flow over a cooled wall. 6th International Symposium on Turbulence, Heat and Mass Transfer, Rome, Italy, 2009
• M. F. Shahab, G. Lehnasch, T. B. Gatski and P. Comte. Statistical Characteristics of the Interaction of an Impinging Shock Wave and Turbulent Boundary Layer. Sixth International Symposium on Turbulent Shear Flow Phenomena, Seoul, Korea, 2009
• Gold Medalist, BE (mechanical), NEDUET
• Declared as Star Laureate 2005 in XVIth Star Awards 2005
• PhD (Computer Science) Institute of Business Administration, Karachi, Pakistan
• MS (Computer Science) Iqra University, Karachi
• M.Sc (Applied Physics) & B.Sc (Physics) University of Karachi
• Wireless Sensor Networks
• Design & Development of Mac Layer Protocols
• Performance optimization of sensor networks
• Internet of Things/Internet of Medical Things
• Body Area Networks
1. Khan, A., Siddiqui, S. & Ghani, S. (2020). FROG-MAC: A Fragmentation based MAC Scheme for Prioritized Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Wireless Personal Communications. 1-34. [I.F= 0.94]
2. Khan, A., Ghani, S., & Siddiqui, S. (2018). A Preemptive Priority-Based Data Fragmentation Scheme for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Sensors, 18(12), 4473.
3. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2018). A Taxonomy for MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks based on Traffic Prioritization. Wireless Personal Communications. 1-30.
4. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2018). PD-MAC: Design and Implementation of Polling Distribution-MAC for Improving Energy Efficiency of Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Wireless Information Networks. 25(2), 200-208.
6. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2017). ADP-MAC: An Adaptive and Dynamic Polling based MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Sensors Journal. 18(2), 860-874.
7. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2015). A Study on Channel Polling Mechanisms for the MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, 2015.
1. Khan, A. A, Siddiqui, S. & Ghani, S., (2020). Optimizing MAC Layer Performance for Wireless Sensor Networks in eHealth. IEEE Proceedings on International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications: Staying Smarter in a Smartening World”. COMPSAC 2020. Madrid, Spain.
2. Siddiqui, S. & Khan, A. A. (2019). Achieving Energy Efficiency for Bursty Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Proceedings on 22nd International Multi Topic Conference 2019 (IEEE INMIC 2019). Islamabad. Pakistan.
3. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2018). A Comparison Study on Dynamic Duty Cycle and Dynamic Channel Polling Approaches for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Proceedings on International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications: Staying Smarter in a Smartening World”. COMPSAC 2018. (pp. 790-793). Tokyo. Japan.
4. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2017). Investigating Dynamic Polling Intervals for Wireless Sensor Network Applications with Bursty Traffic. Proceedings of International Conference on Multi-sensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI 2017). (pp. 448-451). Daegu. South Korea.
5. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Design & Implementation of Distributed
Congestion Control Scheme for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of International Conference on Multi-sensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI 2017). (pp. 581-585). Daegu. South Korea.
6. Siddiqui, S., Khan, A. A. & Ghani, S. (2017). DPR-MAC: A Dynamic Polling MAC for Disaster Management in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of Cyber-Enabled Distributed Computing and Knowledge Discovery (CyberC), 2017. (pp. 425-428). Nanjing, China.
7. Khan, A. A, Jamal, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Dynamic Duty-Cycle Control for Wireless Sensor Networks using Artificial Neural Network (ANN). Proceedings of Cyber-Enabled Distributed Computing and Knowledge Discovery (CyberC), 2017. (pp. 420-424). Nanjing, China.
8. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2017). Effect of Polling Interval Distributions on the Performance of MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. ACM Proceedings on International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (pp. 573-579). Springer, Cham. Turin, Italy.
9. Khan, A. A, Ghani, S., Siddiqui, S. (2017). Contention Window Prioritization for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Sensor Networks. ACM Proceedings on International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (pp. 676-685). Springer, Cham. Turin, Italy.
10. Siddiqui, S., Ghani. (2016), Towards Dynamic Polling: Survey and Analysis of Channel Polling Mechanisms for Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Proceedings on ICISE 2016, January 2016, Islamabad.
12. Siddiqui, S., Ghani, S., & Khan, A. A. (2015). A Survey on Data Aggregation Mechanisms in Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Proceedings on ICICT 2015, December 2015, Karachi, Pakistan.
13. Wajid, A., Khan, A.A., Basit, A., Siddiqui, S., Salam, A. (2015), Achieving Energy Efficiency in Body Area Networks (BAN’s) through Avoiding Spatially Correlated Contention, IEEE Proceedings on ICICT 2015, December 2015, Karachi, Pakistan.
14. Siddiqui, S., & Ghani, S. (2013). Analytical Model for Delay Distribution of PRMAC. IEEE Proceedings on 11th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT), (pp. 1-6). December 2013. Islamabad, Pakistan.
15. Siddiqui, S., & Ghani, S. (2013). ES-MAC: Energy Efficient Sensor-MAC protocol for Wireless Sensor networks. IEEE Proceedings on 10th International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control (ICNSC) (pp. 28-33). Paris, France.
16. Siddiqui, S., Abbas, V. U., & Ali, M. A. (2010, September). Analysis and Simulation of Propagation Model for Wireless Communication of Bio-Sensors. IEEE Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Wireless Communications Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM), 2010 (pp. 1-4). Chengdu, China.
• PhD (Energy Markets) Hanyang University, South Korea
• BE Electrical Engineering NED University, Karachi
• Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering, DHA Suffa University, Jan 2018-till date
• Researcher, Connected Smart Systems Lab, South Korea, Sept 2012-Dec 2017
• Energy Markets
• Demand Response/Demand Side management
• Substation Automation
Research Projects :
• Development of Industrial Communication-IoT Gateway, supported by GRRC
• IoT/CPS based Factory Energy Management System, supported by GRRC
• Integration of user facilities and smart grid using USN, Hanyang University
• Bizzat Hussain Zaidi and Seung Ho Hong Combinatorial Double Auctions for Multiple Microgrid Trading Electrical Engineering (2017)
• Bizzat Hussain Zaidi, Seung Ho Hong and Daehyun Kwon, Communication architecture for monitoring of HVDC System based on IEC 61850, Electric Power Quality and Supply Reliablity, Estonia, 2016
• PhD (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
• MS (Mechanical Engineering) KFUPM, Saudi Arabia
• BE (Mechanical Engineering) NUST, Pakistan
• Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, DHA Suffa University
• Cluster Head – Mechanics cluster
• Computational mechanics
• Homogenization methodologies
• Heterogeneous materials design
• Solar photovoltaic systems
• Evolutionary optimization
Research Projects (Ongoing and Completed) :
• Structural design of high-speed target drone Development of a photovoltaic powered reverseosmosis system
• Computational modeling and analysis of thermal barrier coatings
• Development of improved ceramic substrate material for power electronics applications
• Development of improved computational model for estimation of thermal conductivity of nanocomposites
• Siddiqui, Muhammad Usama and Abul Fazal M. Arif. 2016. Generalized Effective Medium Theory for Particulate Nanocomposite Materials. Materials 9(8):694. (Impact Factor: 2.94)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and Abul Fazal M. Arif. 2016. A Computational Approach for the Constitutive Modeling of Elastoplastic Behavior of Metal Matrix Composites. International Journal of Computational Methods 14(2): 1750058. (Impact Factor: 1.12)
• Siddiqui, Muhammad Usama, Abul Arif, and Salem Bashmal. 2016. Permeability-Selectivity Analysis of Microfiltration and Ultrafiltration Membranes: Effect of Pore Size and Shape Distribution and Membrane Stretching. Membranes 6(3):40. (Impact Factor: 2.12)
• M. U. Siddiqui, A. F. M. Arif, N. Saheb and M. S. Khan. 2017. Constitutive modeling of elastoplasticity in spark-plasma sintered metal-matrix nanocomposites. Materials Science and Engineering: A 689:176-188 (Impact Factor: 2.65)
• S. S. Akhtar, M. U. Siddiqui, Kabeer Raza, A. S. Hakeem, L. T. Kareem, A. F. M. Arif. 2017. Computational and experimental study on the effective properties of Alumina/Nickel Composite. Accepted in Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology (Impact Factor: 1.53)
• Nouari Saheb, Najam Ul Qadir, Muhammad Usama Siddiqui, Abul Fazal Muhammad Arif, Syed Sohail Akhtar and Nasser Al-Aqeeli. 2014. Characterization of Nanoreinforcement Dispersion in Inorganic Nanocomposites: A Review. Materials 7:4148-81. (Impact Factor: 2.94)
• S. S. Akhtar, L. T. Kareem, A. F. M. Arif, M. U. Siddiqui, A.S. Hakeem. Development of a Ceramic-based Composite for Direct Bonded Copper Substrate. Ceramics International 43(6):5236-5246 (Impact Factor: 2.76)
• Siddiqui, M. Usama, A. F. M. Arif, Leah Kelley, and Steven Dubowsky. 2012. Three-Dimensional Thermal Modeling of a Photovoltaic Module under Varying Conditions. Solar Energy 86(9):2620-31. (Impact Factor: 3.68)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2013. Electrical, Thermal and Structural Performance of a Cooled PV Module: Transient Analysis Using a Multiphysics Model. Applied Energy 112:300-312. (Impact Factor: 5.75)
• Siddiqui, M. U., A. F. M. Arif, A. M. Bilton, S. Dubowsky, and M. Elshafei. 2013. An Improved Electric Circuit Model for Photovoltaic Modules Based on Sensitivity Analysis. Solar Energy 90:29-42. (Impact Factor: 3.68)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and M. Abido. 2013. Parameter Estimation for Five- and Seven-Parameter Photovoltaic Electrical Models Using Evolutionary Algorithms. Applied Soft Computing 13(12):4608-21. (Impact Factor: 2.86)
• Hasan, Osama, A. F. M. Arif, and M. U. Siddiqui. 2013. Finite Element Modeling, Analysis, and Life Prediction of Photovoltaic Modules. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering 136(2):21022. (Impact Factor: 1.44)
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2012. Effect of Changing Atmospheric and Operating Conditions on the Thermal Stresses in PV Modules. in ASME ESDA 2012 Vol. 2. Nantes France.
• Hasan, Osama, A. F. M. Arif, and M. U. Siddiqui. 2012. Finite Element Modeling and Analysis of Photovoltaic Modules. in Proceedings of the ASME 2012 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition. Housten, Texas.
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2014. Computational Homogenization of Metal Matrix Composites. in Proceedings of the 25th CANCAM. London, Ontario, Canada.
• Siddiqui, M. U. and A. F. M. Arif. 2016. Estimation of Thermal Conductivity of Nanocomposites with Non-Uniformly Distributed Inclusions. in 24th International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ICTAM 2016). Montréal, Québec, Canada.
• Akhtar, S. S., A. Bin Ali, M. U. Siddiqui, A. F. M. Arif, and Amir Al-Ahmad. 2016. Development of Graphene-Filled Polymer Nanocomposites for Enhanced Thermal Conductivity. in 3rd International Conference on Structural Nano Composites (NANOSTRUC 2016). Aberdeen, Scotland.
• Akhtar, S. S., A. F. M. Arif, M. U. Siddiqui, H. K. R. Chishti, and L. T. Kareem. 2016. Computational Design and Development of Alumina-Nickel Droplet Composites. in Proceedings of the ASME 2016 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition. Phoenix, AZ, USA.
• Muhammad Usama Siddiqui, Abul Fazal Muhammad Arif and Syed M. Zubair. Heat Exchanger for Photovoltaic Panels. Patent number 20150280040.
Dr. Asim Khwaja
• PhD (Computer Vision) The Australian National University (ANU), Canberra, Australia
• MS (Computer Science) Arizona State University, Arizona USA
• B.E. (Electrical Engineering) NED University, Karachi, Pakistan
• Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer Science, DSU, Jan 2020 – Present
• Assistant Professor, Dept. of IME, PNEC, NUST, Aug 2017 – Dec 2019
• Assistant Professor, Dept. of Electrical Engg., PNEC, NUST, Apr 2004 – Jul 2017
• Lecturer, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Canberra, Jan 2009 – Dec 2013
• Research Engineer, NICTA, Canberra Research Labs, Canberra, Australia, 2011
• Software Engineer, Intel Corporation, Arizona, USA, 2000 – 2003
• Software Systems Architect, Verizon Data Services, Texas, USA, 1999 – 2000
• Teaching Assistant/Software Developer, Arizona State University, USA, 1996 – 1998
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University
• M.S in Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University
• MBA in Global Management, Arizona State University
• B.E in Electrical Engineering, NED University
• Houle, Gan, Naqvi, Syed, Patrick Ott and Jack Clark, “Bump depopulation modeling atom central processing unit for entry level smart phone”. Intel assembly and test technology journal 2013..[Received the Best paper Award]
• Naqvi, S.R. Deligoz,I, Kiaei, S. Bakkaloglu,B,. “Dynamic Calibration of feedback DAC Non-Linearity for a 4th Order CT Sigma Deltafor Digital Hearing Aids” Submitted in IEEE SOCC 2011. [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• John Cherukuri, Naqvi Syed, Abuhatzera Avishaii, “Shmoo Crack, Smoo Hole, Shmoo * Root cause in Cloverview (atom based SOC)A0 – P1269 LCIA product” ,Intel DTTC Conference “August 2012. [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• Deligoz, I,; Naqvi, S.R.; Copan,”i, T,;Kiaei, S.; Bakkaloglu, B.; Je, S, -S.; Chae, J, “A MEMS-Based Power Scalable Hearing Aid Analo g Front End, “Biomedical Circuits and Systems, IEEE Transactions on, vol.pp, no.99, pp, 1,28, October 2010 [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• Hongjiang Song; Naqvi, S.R.; Bakkaloglu, B.;, “I/Q-Channel Mismatch Transfer and Amplification Effects and Applications to the Measurement and Calibration of Integrated VLIF RF Receivers, “SOC Conference,2006 IEEE International, vol.,no.,pp.35-38, 24-27 Sept. 2006. [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• Khalil, W.; Tsung-Yuan Chang; Xuewen Jiang; Naqvi, S.R.; Nikjou B.;James Tseng; , “A highly integrated analog front-end for 3G, “Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of, vol.38, no.5, pp.774-781, May 2003 [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• T. Chang, X, Jiang, W. Khalil, S. Naqvi, B. Nikjou, J. Tseng, 2002. Analog front end IC for 3G WCDMA. In: IEEE Symposium on VLSI Circuits, Honolulu, HI. (June): 28-31 [Peer Reviewed] (published).
• W. Khalil, T. Chang, X. Jiang, S. Naqvi, B. Nikjou. 2003. (Invited) Fully integrated AFE for WCDMA. In: IEEE International Electronics, Circuits and Systems Conference (ICECS). (December): 930-933 [Peer Reviewed] (published)
• PhD (Materials Processing and Nanotechnology), Jeju National University, South Korea
• MS (Materials Processing and Nanotechnology), Jeju National University, South Korea
• Nanotechnology, Materials Science and Thin Films
• Roll-to-Roll Atmospheric Atomic Layer Deposition, Roll-to-Roll Atmospheric Chemical Vapor Deposition, Conventional Atomic Layer Deposition, Chemical Vapor Deposition, Rapid Fabrication, Electrospray Deposition
• Kamran Ali, Junaid Ali, Syed Murtuza Mehdi, Kyung-Hyun Choi, and Young Jin An: Rapid Fabrication of Al2O3 Encapsulations for Organic Electronic Devices, Applied Surface Science, 353 (2015) 1186.
• Adnan Ali, Kamran Ali, Hyun Woo Dang, Khaled Ahmed Mahmoud, and Kyung Hyun Choi: Different Approaches To PVP/Graphene Composite Film Fabrication Using Electrohydrodynamic Atomization Technique, Journal Of Materials Science-Materials In Electronics, 26 (2015) 2039.
• Kamran Ali, and Kyung Hyun Choi: Low-Temperature Roll-to-Roll Atmospheric Atomic Layer Deposition of Al2O3 Thin Films, Langmuir, 30 (2014) 14195.
• Kamran Ali, Kyung Hyun Choi, and Nauman Malik Muhammad: Roll-to-Roll Atmospheric Atomic Layer Deposition of Al2O3 Thin Films on PET Substrates, Chemical Vapor Deposition, 20 (2014) 380.
• Adnan Ali, Kamran Ali, Young Jin Yang, Jeongdai Jo, and Kyung Hyun Choi: Rapid Fabrication of Graphene/Zno Composite Thin Film, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 53 (2014) 05HA01.
• Kamran Ali, Navaneethan Duraisamy, Chang Young Kim, and Kyung Hyun Choi: Al2O3 Coatings Fabrication on Silver Nanowires through Low Temperature Atomic Layer Deposition, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 29 (2014) 1056.
• Kyung Hyun Choi, Kamran Ali, Chang Young Kim, and Nauman Malik Muhammad: Characterization of Al2O3 Thin Films Fabricated at Low Temperature via Atomic Layer Deposition on PEN Substrates, Chemical Vapor Deposition, 20 (2014) 118.
• Kamran Ali, Kyung Hyun Choi, Chang Young Kim, Yang Hoi Doh, and Jeongdai Jo: Hydrophobicity Enhancement Of Al2O3 Thin Films Deposited On Polymeric Substrates By Atomic Layer Deposition With Perfluoropropane Plasma Treatment, Applied Surface Science, 305 (2014) 554.
• Kyung Hyun Choi, Kamran Ali, and Khalid Rahman: A Study of the Dependence of Electrohydrodynamic Jetting on the Process Parameters and Liquid Physical Properties, Chinese Journal of Physics, 52 (2014) 799.
• Member of the American Chemical Society (ACS)
• MS (Computer Science), LUMS BS (Computer Science), FAST-NU, Karachi
• Assistant Professor, Computer Science, FAST-NU Software Engineer, Core Development Group, Avanza Solutions
• Big Data Analytics • Data Mining • Machine Learning • Human Computer Interaction
• Jemal H. Abawajy, Syed I. Jami, Zubair A. Shaikh, Syed Hammad Ahmed, A Framework for Scalable Distributed Provenance Storage System, Computer Standards & Interfaces (2012)
• Muhammad Shoaib Siddiqui and Syed Hammad Ahmed, Policy-based Network Management in a Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Network, in 15th International Multi Topic Conference (INMIC) 2012, Islamabad, Pakistan, December 2012 (published by IEEE)
• Tariq Mahmood, Syed Hammad Ahmed, and Saqib Mahmood, Optimal Dynamic Personalization in Conversational Recommender Systems, In Proceedings of the 2nd Malaysian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (MJCAI 2010), 26-30 July, Malaysia, Springer • Tariq Mahmood, Syed Hammad Ahmed, and Saqib Mahmood, Comparing Reward-based Optimal Behaviors in User-Adapted Recommender Systems, In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT 2010), July 9 -11, Chengdu, China. IEEE
• Received Best Teacher Award (University) – Spring 2013 • Received Best Teacher Award (Department) – Spring 2014, Spring 2013, Fall 2012
Associate Professor, HoD, HIMS ICT, Hamdard University View
• Data Engineering, e Business
• Intelligent Ubiquitous Computing and e Business Solution in International Journal of Information Management, IJIM Oxford, England, Vol.: 28, Issue: 6, April 2008
• IADIS International Conference Informatics 2010, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg Germany, Intellisense Sentinel , An Intelligent and Smart Hybrid Approach Towards Human Detection and Tracking, Short Paper
• MA (English Linguistics) from University of Karachi in 2007
• M.Phil (English Linguistics) from Hamdard University in 2016
Mr. Razi Sultan Siddiqui
• MS (Management Sciences), SZABIST, Karachi
• MBA (Human Resources and Marketing), University of Sindh, Pakistan
• MSc (Industrial Psychology), University of Sindh, Pakistan
• BSc (Hons) (Psychology), University of Sindh, Pakistan
• Performance Management
• Job Satisfaction
• Emotional Intelligence
• Turnover Rate of Employees
• Depression level in Married and Unmarried Males & FemalesPublications:
• Rizwan, M., Malik, S., Malik, J. N., & Siddiqui, S. R. (2017) Urdu Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale: An Analysis of Reliability and Validity in Pakistan. Social Int J. 1(2): 00010. DOI:10.15406/sij.2017.01.00010.
• Krys, K., Capaldi, C. A., van Tilburg,..Siddiqui,R.S.,.., Ahmed, R. A., (2017) Catching up with wonderful women: The women-are-wonderful effect is smaller in more gender egalitarian societies. International Journal of Psychology. Impact Factor 1.2
• Rizwan, M., Siddiqui, R. S., & Ali. (2017). Suicide Risk Potential: A Comparison of Psychiatric Patients and Normal Controls in Pakistan. Psychol Behav Sci Int J. 6(2): 555685. DOI:10.19080/PBSIJ.2017.06.555685.
• Siddiqui, R. S., Hassan, A., & Syed, N. A., (2013) Impact of Emotional Intelligence on Employees Turnover Rate in FMCG Organizations Pakistan Journal of Commerce and Social Sciences ISSN: 1997-8553 Vol. 7, No. 2.
• Siddiqui, R. S., & Hassan, A., (2012) Relationship between Job Satisfaction and Employee Turnover Intention Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies ISSN: 2219-6145 Vol. 2, Issue 1, 2012.
• Siddiqui, R. S., Shah, I,. (2012) A Gender based Comparison Between Married and Unmarried Young Adults International Research Journal of Arts & Humanities ISSN: 1016-9342 Vol. 40, No. 40.
• MS (Thermal Power), Cranfield University, UK
• BE (Aerospace), PAF College of Aeronautical Engineering, Karachi
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, NUST, Karachi
Lecturer, Dept. of Aerospace, PAF College of Aeronautical Engineering
Aeronautical Engineer, Pakistan Air Force
• Combustion, Vortex Tubes and JT Coolers
• Paper on Alternate Fuels for Turbojets. First National Conference of Aeronautical Engineering. Pakistan 16th November 1981
• Worked in association with Grumman International Corporation (USA) and Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (PRC) for feasibility study of Sabre II Aircraft for the PAF.
• Project Manager for Pakistan Air Force for Design and Development of K-8 Jet trainer
• Have served as Head of Undergraduate Programme ( Mechanical ) at PNEC Jauhar from July 2004 to June 2012 ,along with the task of teaching Undergraduate Courses at PNEC Jauhar.
• Supervised 34 Undergraduate Projects at PNEC Jauhar and 8 Undergraduate Projects at PAF College of Aeronautical Engineering.
• MS (Mechatronics Engineering), GIST, Gwangju, South Korea
• BE (Mechanical), NED University
• Robot dynamics and control, structural optimization, structural mechanics, modal analysis, vibration.
• Jongsuh Lee, Syed Hassaan Hussain, Semyung Wang and Kyihwan Park, Enhanced method to reconstruct mode shapes of continuous scanning measurements using the Hilbert Huang transform and the modal analysis method, 2014, Review of Scientific Instruments (AIP). http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/rsi/85/9/10.1063/1.4894260.
• Jongsuh Lee, Syed Hassaan Hussain and Semyung Wang, Frequency response function of a moving sensor measurement, The 21st International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV), 13-17 July, 2014, Beijing/China.
• Fully funded masters degree scholarship from Government of South Korea.
• Recipient of Brain Korea, BK 21, graduate scholarship.
• Bachelors degree with distinction.
• MSc, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia
• Signal Processing
• Adaptive filters
• Machine learning
• Umair bin Mansoor, Syed Muhammad Asad & Azzedine Zerguine, Stochastic Gradient Algorithm Based on an Improved Higher Order Exponentiated Error Cost Function, 48th IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, 2014
• Quasi-Newton Least Mean Fourth Adaptive Algorithm: Steady-State, Tracking and Transient Analysis, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller (June 16, 2010), ISBN-13: 978-3639262964
• MSc (Power Engineering), Technical University Munich, Germany
• BE (Electronics), NED University
• Linde AG, Engineering Division, Pullach, Germany
• Institute of Automatic Control, Technical University Munich (TUM), Germany
• Hamdard University, Karachi, Pakistan
• System Identification
• Linear Control Systems
• Non-Linear Control Systems
• Distributed Control Systems
• Model Predictive Control
• Electrical Machines (Control)
• Automatic Power Factor Correction Unit, International Conference on Computing, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, ICE Cube 2016, April 11-12, Quetta, Pakistan. ISBN 978-1-5090-1252-7
• Design of Smart Charge Controller for Wind Electric Conversion System, 8th International conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies SET 2009, 31st Aug to 3rd Sep 2009, Aachen, Germany. ISBN 978-3-9813246-1-7
• An off-grid Model Setup for Wind Electric Conversion System, TENCON 2009, November 23-26, Singapore. ISBN 978-1-4244-4547-9
• National Instruments LabVIEW based Pharmaceutical Medication Device with Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition System (SCADA), SoutheastCon 2009, March 5-8, Atlanta, GA, USA. ISBN 978-1-4244-3978-2
• GSM Based Security System Using LabVIEW,First International Conference on Computer, Control and Communication 2007 at Pakistan Navy Engineering College, NUST, Karachi during November 12-13, 2007
• Masters Thesis at Linde Engineering, Pullach, Germany in the department of Information Technology and Process Control
• Funding from NED University for presenting projects in Germany and USA at undergraduate level
• First prize winner in hardware competition at PAF-KIET (2008)
• MSc (Sustainable Electrical Power), Brunel University London, United Kingdom
• BS (Electronics), SSUET, KarachiFormerly:
• Senior Lecturer, DHA Suffa University
• Lecturer, Usman Institute of Technology
• Project Officer, Brunel University London
• Electrical Engineer, Pakistan International Container Terminal
• Power Quality, Renewable Energy
• Asif Gulraiz, Hammad Munami, Power Factor Correction for Non-Linear Loads, International Journal on Energy Conversion (IRECON). ISSN: 2281-5295, e-ISSN: 2281-5309.
• Distinction in Final Thesis (MSc), Brunel University London
• MSc (Manufacturing and Engineering Management), NUST, Karachi
• BE (Industrial and Manufacturing), NUST, Karachi
• Atomic and Lateral Force Microcopy (AFM/LFM)
• Oil and Water Repellent Surfaces
• Tribology and Surface Characterization
• Entrepreneurship and Social Media Marketing
• Hamza Shams, Sajid Saleem, Kanza Basit, Salman Nisar, Characterization of Nano-level Coefficient of Friction of Oleophobic and Super Hydrophobic Coatings on 316L SS in Harsh Conditions, 83rd Annual Meeting of the American Physical Society (APS) Southeastern Section, November 2016
• Hamza Shams, Kanza Rehman, Mohsin Aziz, Raja Hamza Sajid, Muhammad Fahad Khan, Surface Characterization of Pipeline Surface using Replica Techniques, 83rd Annual Meeting of the American Physical Society (APS) Southeastern Section, November 2016
• Hamza Shams, Bilal A. Siddiqui, Sajid Saleem, Validation of Temperature Sensitivity of Superhydrophobic Surfaces as Applied on 316L SS, 1st International Conference on Advanced Materials and Process Engineering (NED-AMPE), December 2015
• Hamza Shams, Bilal A. Siddiqui, Sajid Saleem, Evaluation of Commercial Oleophobic Coatings for Aerospace Applications in Harsh Environments, 4th International Conference on Aerospace Science and Engineering (ICASE), September 2015
• SAP-D & SAP-V, SAP University Alliances Program at DSU
• Faculty Advisor, Team DSU Burraq
• Academic Liaison Officer (ALO), IMechE DSU Student Chapter
• ME (Communication Systems and Networks), MUET
• BE (Telecommunications), MUET
• Assistant Manager, Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited (PTCL – Etisalat), Hyderabad
• Resident Engineer, Interactive Group of Companies Pvt Ltd, Army Data Center, Hyderabad
• Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
• Cooperative Communication Systems
• S Asad A, et al, Performance Evaluation Of Decode & Forward Cooperative Communication Protocols, International Journal Of Information Technology And Electrical Engineering , 1st Jan 2013, ISSN: 2225-7217
• Syed Asad Ali, et al, Bit Error rate Analysis of Amplify and Forward Cooperative Communication Protocol, IEEEP 26th Multi Topic Symposium 2011, Karachi Pakistan
• Gold Medal from IEEE on research paper
• Position Holder in BE
• ME (Manufacturing), NED University
• BE (Industrial & Manufacturing), NUST, Karachi
• Additive Manufacturing
• Automation and Control Systems
• Machine Vision
• Shehryar A. Khan, Bilal A. Siddiqui, Muhammad Fahad. Evaluation of Additive Manufacturing Techniques for Fabrication of Propellers for SUAVs, Fourth International Conference on Aerospace Science & Engineering (ICASE-2015) Islamabad Pakistan.
• MAS (Applied Economics), Applied Economics Research Center, University of Karachi, Karachi
• MA (Economics), University of Punjab, Lahore
• B.Sc (Economics, Statistics and Mathematics), University of Punjab, Lahore
• Macroeconomics Analysis
• Development Sector
• Financial Markets
• Masood, H., Waqas, M., & Anwer, M. (2017). Validity of f-h puzzle in Pakistan economy: A time series study. Journal of Business Studies , 89-96.
• Waqas, M., Uddin, I., Ashfaq, B., & Shakir, R. (Vol. 12, No. 1, (Spring 2016) ). Redefinig economic systems as an islamic economic system. Journal of Business Studies, 65-78.
• M.S in Applied Mathematics
• NED University of Engineering and Technology
1. Khan,N. A.; Mohiuddin,S.; Baig,M. M.; & Minai,T. A. (2014). Statistical Analysis of Constraints Acquiring Higher Secondary Education. International Journal of Database Theory & Application, 7(2).
2. Mohiuddin,S.; Hussain,Z.; Haseen,N.; Ahmed,R. Verification of Conversion Formulae by Taking Chest Circumference on Skin, Tight-fitting and loose-fitting Clothing in 3-7 year old children. Health Science: An International Journal.2011,1(1): 9-15
• Public Transportation Operations
• Vehicle Routing Problems
• Traffic Signals Optimization
• Intelligent transportation system
• ME (Solid Mechanics), University of Malaya, Malaysia
• BE (Mechanical), NUST, Karachi
• Solid Mechanics, Fracture Failure Analysis, Finite Element Analysis and Boundary Element Analysis
• Assessment of a planar inclusion in a solid cylinder (URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2014.11.027)
• Acquired High Impact Research Funding for MS research
• Received 3rd position in undergraduate studies at NUST
• Awarded merit certificates of 1st position in Sem-III and VII by NUST
• MBA (Human Resource), SZABIST, Karachi
• BBA, University of Karachi
• Human Resource Management
• Human Resource Information System
• Consumer Behavior
• Received Merit Scholarship on securing highest GPA in 2nd Semester of MBA at SZABIST
• Secured 2nd position in BBA
• Secured Merit Scholarship in all semesters of BBA and a place in the List of Honor
• MS (Electrical Engineering), NUST, Karachi
• BE (Electronics), NUST, Karachi
• RF communication and wireless systems
• Antenna Designing
• Wireless Body Area Networks
• Kinza Shafique, Bilal A. Khawaja, Munir A.Tarar, Bilal Muhammad Khan, Muhammad Mustaqim, Wearable Ultra Wideband Antenna for Wireless Body Area Networks, accepted in Microwave Wiley Journals. – Impact Factor 0.568
• Hudaisa Afzal, Kinza Shafique, Zubair Ahmed Junaid, Physical Layer of LTE – Architecture and simulation, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN-13 978-3-659-83500-1, ISBN-10 3659835005, EAN 9783659835001, 5 Feb, 2016.
• Kinza Shafique, A. A. Razzaqi, M. Mustaqim, B.M. Khan , B.A. Khawaja, A 1×2 Circular Patch Antenna Array for Next Generation 802.11ac WLAN Applications , ISBN 978-1-5090-2013-3, 2015 IEEE ICET.
• Kinza Shafique, M. Mustaqim, B.M. Khan , B.A. Khawaja, A Thin and Flexible Ultra Wideband Antenna for Wireless Body Area Networks with Reduced Ground Plane Effect, ISBN 978-1-5090-2013-3, 2015 IEEE ICET.
• Kinza Shafique, Bilal A. Khawaja, Munir A.Tarar, Bilal Muhammad Khan, Muhammad Mustaqim, Wearable Ultra Wideband Antenna for Wireless Body Area Networks, accepted in Microwave Wiley Journals. -Impact Factor 0.568
• Awarded Fully Funded NUST Indigenous Scholarship under Endowment Fund for MS.
• M.S. (Computer Science) , Hamdard University
• M.Sc. (Applied Physics), University of Karachi
• Wireless Sensor Networks
• Embedded Systems
• Khalil, U.; Javid, T. (2019) A Survey on Automatic Road Accident Detection. Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
• Khalil, U.; Nasir, A.; Khan, S, M.; Javid, T; Raza, S, A.; Siddiqui, A. Automatic Road Accident Detection using Ultrasonic Sensor. In International Multi Topic Conference (INMIC), IEEE, 2018.
• Khalil, U.; Javid, T.; Nasir, A. Automatic road accident detection techniques: A brief survey. In International Symposium on Wireless Systems and Networks (ISWSN), 2017, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2017.
• MSc Electrical Engineering, The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
• B.Eng Electrical, Mehran UET, Pakistan
• Sensorless Control Techniques for Variable Speed Drives
• Simulation Modeling of Power Electric and Power Electronic Systems
• Integrated and Modular Motor Drives
• Grid Integration of Large Scale Renewable Energy Systems
• Design of High Speed and Power Dense Machines
• R.U.A. Shaikh and H. Shaikh, Analysis of field oriented controlled AC drive fed by a back to back three level NPC Converter, 2017 IEEE First International Conference on Latest Trends in Electrical Engineering & Computing Technologies (INTELLECT).
• R.U.A. Shaikh, A. Saeed and R. Kumar, Review on Present and Future Integration Techniques for Capacitors in Motor Drives, 2018 IEEE International Conference on Computing, Mathematics & Engineering Technologies (iCoMET), 2018
• Developing Solutions Masters Scholar at University of Nottingham
• Student Leader Award (Bronze) Awarded by Nottingham Students Union
• Mehran University Entrance Scholarship
• Mehran University Academic Merit Grants
• 2nd Position in MSc Electrical Engineering Cohort 2015 at University of Nottingham, UK
• MS (Business Administration), Pakistan
• MBA (Finance), Pakistan
• BSc, Pakistan
Lecturer, DACB, DHA, Karachi
• Shabib ul Hasan and ErumFatima (2012),Social Networking Websites: Conduit for Women Entrepreneurs in Pakistan, International Journal of Computing and Corporate Research, 2 (5).
• Atif Hasan, Erum Fatima and Rizwana Bashir (2013), Social Media Marketing Opportunities and Threats for Young Entrepreneurs in Pakistan,international Journal of Management Sciences and Business Research,ISSN:2226-8235, Vol 2, No. 1, January 2013 Pg. 23-28.
• Recipient of Dr.Adbul Qadeer Khan Shield
• MS(Business Administration) from Hamdard University, Karachi in 2016
Lecturer, DACB, DHA, Karachi
• Analysis of Risk Management practices in Business Enterprises of Pakistan (GMJACS), December 2013
• Stress Management in Private Banks of Pakistan, Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS), June 2013
• Launching Centerpoint Training Institute, www.ecch.com, 2013
• MSc. (Physics) University of Karachi
• MBA (HR) Hamdard University
• Visiting Lecturer at Aligarh Institute Of Technology From 3-01-2018 to 30-04-2018
• HR Officer at Private Company from 01-08-2017 to 15-01-2018
• Visiting Lecturer at Sir Syed university of engineering and technology from 02-01-2015 to 3-5-2017
• Cooperative Teacher at Government college for women from 1-10-2013 to 16-01-2014
• Teaching at Oxford Grammar School