PhD, Business Administration
HEC Approved Supervisor – Management Science & Business Administration
Kamran Khan, Ph.D. has a work experience of around 11 years in industry and academia. His core area of expertise are business process reengineering, service delivery channels, customer satisfaction, policy-making & implementation, research, and change management, etc., especially in the service industry. He served in various positions i.e. Registrar, Director ORIC, and Associate Professor at a higher education institution of high repute. He led the online structure of a higher education institution during COVID-19 and executed the operations smoothly. He revamped several departments and especially the research department where hundreds of scholars of MS/M.Phil and PhD graduated. He also served as Editor of an HEC Recognized research journal and remained reviewer of several research journals of great repute. He remained the member of various statuary board including, Board of Governors, Academic Council, Advanced Studies and Research Board, Board of Faculty, Board of Studies etc.
Dr. Khan is an HEC approved Ph.D. supervisor in the area of management sciences & business administration. He received his Ph.D. degree from Iqra University, Karachi, in 2020. The area of focus of the degree was marketing with a concentration in consumer behavior. He’s a gold medalist in M.Phil. from KASB Institute of Technology. Dr. Khan has more than 28 publications to his credit which include journal articles, book chapters, and conference proceedings. Some of his projects are submitted in the top journals of the world for publications. Besides publications, he supervised more than 50 students of MBA, and MS/M.Phil. The summary of his research contributions is mentioned below:
1. Khan, K., Hameed, I., Akram, U., Hussainy. S.K. (2022). Do normative triggers and motivations influence the intention to purchase organic food? An application of the goal-framing theory. British Food Journal. The journal is categorized in W category of HEC.
2. Riaz, K., Hussainy. S.K., Khan, K. (2022). Nostalgia Advertising and Consumer Purchase Intention: An Empirical Study from Pakistan. Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 9(4). The journal is categorized in X category of HEC.
3. Khan, K., Riaz, K., Hussainy. S.K. (2021). An Investigation of the Relationship between Organizational Justice, Job Autonomy, Workplace Trust and Psychological Ownership: The Role of Ethical Leadership. Market Forces, 16(2), 109-132. The journal is categorized in Y category of HEC.
4. Salim, F., Khan, K., Hussainy, S.K., Riaz, K., Abro, L,A. (2021). What drives energy-efficient home appliances purchasing? Evidence from Pakistan. GISRAS – Journal of management & Islamic Finance, 1(2), (74-94). The journal is categorized in Y category of HEC.
5. Iqbal, H., Riaz, K., Khan, K., Hussainy, S.K. (2021). Impact of Workplace Spirituality on Employee Attitudes and Engagements. Pakistan Business Review, 23(1), 92-114. The journal is categorized in Y category of HEC.
6. Research paper accepted on the area “Factors influencing the sustainable consumer behavior concerning the recycling of plastic waste” is accepted in Environmental Quality Management. The journal is categorized in Scopus and Y category of HEC.
7. Khan, K., Hussainy, S.K., Hameed, I., Riaz, K. (2021). Too Much Choice and Consumer Decision Making; The Moderating Role of Consumer Involvement. JISR-MSSE 19(1). The journal is categorized in Y category by HEC.
8. Hameed, I., Hussain, H., & Khan, K. (2021). The role of green practices toward the green word-of-mouth using stimulus-organism-response model. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights. The journal is listed in ESCI and also recognized by HEC.
9. Khan, K., Hameed, I., & Hussainy, S. K. (2021). Antecedents and consequences of brand citizenship behavior in private higher education institutions. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, 1-22. The journal is listed in SSCI IF 2.35, The journal is also indexed in HEC W category.
10. Tariq, J., Khan, K., Hussainy, S.K., Tariq, S. (2020). Antecedents and Consequences of Student Loyalty in Higher Education. Journal of Independent Studies and Research-Management, Social Sciences and Economics, 18(2). The Journal is indexed in HEC Y category.
11. Hameed, I., & Khan, K. (2020). An extension of the goal-framing theory to predict consumer’s sustainable behavior for home appliances. Energy Efficiency, 1-15. Indexed in Web of Science, SSCI, and Scopus listed Journal published by Springer. HEC W category.
12. Khan, K., & Hameed, I. (2019). Determinants of sustainable consumption in high and low involvement product categories. Amazonia Investiga, 8(20), 503-515. Indexed in Web of Science and Y category of HEC.
13. Khan, MB., Hameed, 1., Khan, K. (2020). Kingdom of Saudi Arabia “Research, innovation and Entrepreneurship” is published by Taylor & Francis group.
14. Khan, K., & Hameed, I. (2019). Relationship between Consumer Motivations and Sustainable Consumer Behavior in a Developing Market. KASBIT Business Journal, 12, 161-191. HEC Y Category Journal.
15. Khan, K., & Hussainy, S. K. (2018, August). Nostalgic Advertising and Purchase Behavior. In International Conference on Management Science and Engineering Management (pp. 29-40). Springer, Cham.
16. Khan, K., & Hussainy, S. K. (2017). Dimensions of Customer Value Co-Creation Behavior in a Service Setting. Journal of Managerial Sciences, XI(3). HEC recognized.
17. Khan, K., & Hameed, I. (2017). The mediation of customer satisfaction and moderation of Price: Evidence from the generation Y users of cell phones. KASBIT Business Journal, 10. Indexed in HEC Y Category, EBSCO, GALE & LexisNexis.
18. Khan, K., Hussainy, S. K., & Iqbal, Y. (2017). Causes, effects, and remedies in conflict management. The South East Asian Journal of Management, 10(2), 152-172. (ECSI), EBSCO, DOAJ etc.
19. Khan, H., Hussainy, S. K., Khan, K., Khan, E., Sharif, M., & Tariq, S. (2017). The implications of cross-docking in the manufacturing sector of Pakistan. Int. J Sup. Chain. Mgt Vol, 6(3), 131. Indexed by SCOPUS. HEC Y category in 2018 ranking of HJRS.
20. Khan, H., Hussainy, S., Khan, A., Khan, K., Farooq, U., & Mir, M. (2017). Drivers of outsourcing and selection criteria of 3rd party logistics service providers. Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 10(4), 240-249. Indexed in ABDC Ranking and HEC Y category.
21. Khan, H., Hussainy, S. K., Khan, K., & Khan, A. (2017). The applications, advantages and challenges in the implementation of HRIS in Pakistani perspective. VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems, 47(1), 137-150. The Journal is Listed in WOS & SCOPUS. HEC X category.
22. Khan, K., Hussainy., S. K, Farooq, U. (2017). Corporate Governance and the firm Performance: A Management Perspective. European Journal of Business and Management, 9(13), 30-37. EBSCO, Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory etc. indexed Journal.
23. Khan, K., Farooq, U., Hussainy, S. K., Khan, E., Khan, H., Khan, Z. (2017). Entrepreneurial Legacy: Role of Family in Nurturing Entrepreneurial Ventures. European Journal of Business and Management, 9(4), 50-54. EBSCO, Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory etc. indexed Journal.
24. Akhter, S., Khan, K., Hussainy, S. K., Khan, E (2016). Measuring Copywriting Impact on Brand Identification. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (IJSRP), 6(12), 297-304.
25. Khan, K., Hussainy, S. K., Khan, A., & Khan, H. (2016). Billboard Advertising and Customer Attention: A Pakistani Perspective. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 6(3), 504.
26. Khan, K., Hussainy, S. K., & Khan, H. (2016). Factors Affecting Customer Satisfaction on B2B Portals; A study on Chinese Businesses using online Portals. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 6(2), 61-67.
27. Alvi, S., Laila, U., Khan, K., & Hussainy, K. (2016). Intention to Adopt M-Commerce over E-Commerce. KASBIT Business Journals (KBJ), 9(1), 154-175.
28. Khan, H., Mir, M. M., Khan, K., Reza, A., Khan, E., & Janjua, D. H. (2016). Analysis of electronic banking services & its issues in Pakistan. European Journal of Business and Management, 8(34), 1-8.
29. Khan, K., & Ahmed, I. (2015). Impact of Stock Prices on Macroeconomic Variables: Evidence from Pakistan. KASBIT Business Journal (KBJ), 8(1), 42-59.
Moreover, he has participated in 12 International and National Research Conferences.