4-Week Workshop On
BLOGGING & ARTICLE WRITING
Starting 20th December 2019
WORKSHOP INVESTMENT PKR 15,000
2 Classes per week | FRI (6-8 PM) | SUN (12:30 PM-2:30 PM)
Venue: Executive Computer Lab, DHA Suffa University
The course, as its title suggests is aimed at exposing the participants to the science of writings of different forms such as articles, interviews, reviews in different sources such as magazines, newspapers features etc. to prefer journalism as a possible career option. The workshop is also ideal for candidates whose work requires any writing or communication in different online and print mediums.
Since online presence has become somewhat a mandatory requirement for any author, a blog is the most effective way to reach out to throngs of audiences and build a solid reader base. The course aims at introducing the participants to the expansive world of blog writing as well. While efforts have been put into designing the course with major elements of the science of blogging, a special focus has also been put into the techniques of writing, which are often missed out by the bloggers online and writers alike.
- Overcoming Writer’s Block
- Different Types of Writing Styles
- Development of a Newsletter
- Discussion & Hands-on Practice on Traditional Media Items like Article, Review, Interview, Feature
- Do’s and Don’ts of Blog Writing
- Traditional Form vs Blog
- Journalism & Blog Ethics
- Blog Presentations
- Setting Up and Developing a Blog
This 4-week intensive training would equip the audience with functioning knowledge of blogging and article writing with the aim to get them furnished with the writing skills that would help them in any type of content production. After attending the workshop, participants will have competencies in/for the following:
- Theoretical knowledge of traditional forms of writing and media
- Excessive Hand-on writing practice of write-ups of participant genre of interest
- Analysis of published articles/pieces
- Analysis of established blogs and success stories
- Group discussions on various type of articles
- A possible career in journalism and blogosphere
- Meet up with authors and editors as Guest Speakers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Freelance writers/ ghost writers
- Anyone who wants to learn writing
- Aspiring Journalist
- Aspiring Bloggers
- Content Developers
Trainer – Shahzeb Shaikh
Author in Leading Newspapers & Magazines, Blogger
Shahzeb Shaikh brings with him a rich two-decade experience of writing in leading newspapers and magazines. He also serves as Deputy Secretary, Department of Empowerment of Person with Disabilities (DEPD), Government of Sindh. He is an Officer of District Administration/Revenue Service in the Government of Sindh with years of experience as Additional Deputy Commissioner/Assistant Commissioner in various Districts. Moreover, He is a PhD scholar and an IBA Karachi and NEDUET Karachi alumnus.
Shahzeb’s areas of interests are music and entertainment whereby he has interviewed noted international and local artistes and covered various international and local events. He also edited the ‘Pur Aman Karachi Newsletter’ published from the Commissioner’s Office in collaboration with USAID. He conducted similar courses in Indus Valley School of Arts & Architecture Karachi and IBA Karachi. He is also a visiting faculty at IoBM Karachi.
- The above fee includes facilities and equipment.
- Since pre-program reading is required, it is strongly advised to send the nomination(s) at least 8 working days prior to the program.
- Preferred mode of payment is by demand draft, pay order or crossed cheque in favor of DHA Suffa University.
- Your participation will be confirmed after receipt of full payment.
- DSU Professional Development Centre will be announcing more programs other than the ones listed above.
- DSU Professional Development Centre reserves the right to change the content, fees and dates at any time.
For registrations contact Professional Development Center Oﬀ Khayaban-e-Tufail, Ph-VII (Ext.), DHA, Karachi
Phone numbers: 021 35858610, 0345-2183952
Email Addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com