• HEC Approved Supervisor
• PhD (Management Sciences), UoK
• MBA (Marketing)
• MA (Economics)
• Languages: English, Arabic and Persian.
• Editor: Two Research Journals.
• Research Areas: Management, Marketing, Economics, HRM, Philosophy
• Member of Centre for Business and Economic Research (CBER), 79th College Road, Harrow, HA1 1BD, London, United Kingdom
• Member National Curriculum Review Committee, HEC, Pakistan
• Has been Head of a Business School, Principal of a Technology Institute, HoD Humanities and Social Science Department, Head of Management Sciences Department, Associate Dean of Management Sciences and Head of Campus of a University.
• Books Authored: 5 (Management: Evolution and Application in Our Environments, Organisational Performance Excellence and Quality Management: Dilemma of the Third World, Managing Constraints: Psycho Social Complexities of Pakistan, Management Evolution and Application in Underdeveloped and Developing Societies, 2nd edition and Belt and Road Initiative in Global Context (One Chapter)
• Research and Conference Papers: 89 (in all concerned areas of interest)
Dr. Razi Sultan Siddiqui
Assistant Professor & HOD (Humanities & Social Sciences)
Dr. Razi Sultan Siddqui, is a dynamic Corporate Trainer, Motivational Speaker, Entrepreneur, Consultant, Analyst and Senior Academician. He has a marvelous combination of educational qualification of psychology and business studies having the degrees of bachelor and master’s in Psychology and MBA and MS in Management Sciences. Backed by the vast experience of 22 years in academic and non-academic organizations at various positions. He is currently associated as an Assistant Professor with DHA Suffa University since its inception and has Excellence in Teaching Award 2012 in his credit.
He is also publishing in various journals of National and International repute including Psychological Science, Evolution and Human Behavior, Scientific Reports and International Journal of Psychology published by world renowned publishing organizations including SAGE, ELSVIER, Nature Research and Wiley-Blackwell publishers. Razi collaboratively conducts and participate in various research activities that provide insight to resolve individual, gender, family, organizational and community based issues. In 2016, he founded a consultancy firm that offer various forms of research-based support for educators and caregivers.
His primary interest relates to Organizational Psychology, Consumer Behavior, Educational Psychology, Health Psychology, Family Psychology, and Psychological Testing. His areas of interest in research are gender differences, perceived social support, psychological distress, depression, anxiety, stress, marital relations, self-esteem, suicide risk, emotional intelligence, job satisfaction, employees’ turnover. He has also experience of training to the managers of the pharmaceutical industry, teachers and students of various private and public institutions and organizations. Some of the training topics that he addresses in his workshops which include gender, individual differences, leadership, team building, conflict management, stress management and self-esteem.
He is active as a psychotherapist and provides counseling sessions. His strong passion in human research and behavioral study made him realize the reality to create a niche consistently.
• Ph.D. (Psychology) University of Karachi, Karachi
• MS (Management Sciences), SZABIST, Karachi
• MBA (Human Resources and Marketing), University of Sindh, Pakistan
• MSc (Industrial Psychology), University of Sindh, Pakistan
• BSc (Hons) Psychology, University of Sindh, Pakistan
1- Sorokowska, A., Saluja, S., Sorokowski, P., Frąckowiak, T., Karwowski, M., Aavik, T., Siddiqui, R.S., … & Croy, I. (2021). Affective Interpersonal Touch in Close Relationships: A Cross-Cultural Perspective. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 0146167220988373. (Impact Factor: 2.961)
2- Walter, K. V., Conroy-Beam, D., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Sorokowski, P., Siddiqui, R. S., … Zupančič, M. (2020). Sex Differences in Mate Preferences Across 45 Countries: A Large-Scale Replication. Psychological Science. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956797620904154(Impact Factor: 4.902)
3- Siddiqui, R. S., Jahangir, A. A., & Hassan, A. (2019). Gender Differences on Perceived Social Support and Psychological Distress among University Students. Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies, 9(2), 210–223
4- Conroy-beam, D., Roney, J. R., Lukaszewski, A. W., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Siddiqui, R. S.,… Zupančič, M. (2019). Assortative mating and the evolution of desirability covariation. Evolution and Human Behavior,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.evolhumbehav.2019.06.003(Impact Factor: 2.959)
5- Conroy-Beam, D., Buss, D. M., Asao, K., Sorokowska, A., Sorokowski, P., Aavik, T., Siddiqui, R. S., … Zupančič, M. (2019). Contrasting Computational Models of Mate Preference Integration Across 45 Countries. Scientific Reports,9(1). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-52748-8(Impact Factor: 3.998)
6- Krys, K., Capaldi, C. A., van Tilburg, W., Lipp, O. V., Bond, M. H., Vauclair, M., Siddiqui, R. S., …, Ahmed, R. A., (2017) Catching up with wonderful women: The women-are-wonderful effect is smaller in more gender egalitarian societies. International Journal of Psychology.http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ijop.12420(Impact Factor: 1.867)
7- Rizwan, M., Malik, S., Malik, J. N., & Siddiqui, S. R. (2017) Urdu Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale: An Analysis of Reliability and Validity in Pakistan. Social Int J. 1(2): 00010. DOI: 10.15406/sij.2017.01.00010.
8- Rizwan, M., Siddiqui, R. S., & Ali. (2017). Suicide Risk Potential: A Comparison of Psychiatric Patients and Normal Controls in Pakistan. Psychol Behav Sci Int J. 6(2): 555685. DOI: 10.19080/PBSIJ.2017.06.555685.
9- Siddiqui, R. S., Hassan, A., & Syed, N. A., (2013) Impact of Emotional Intelligence on Employees Turnover Rate in FMCG Organizations Pakistan Journal of Commerce and Social Sciences ISSN: 1997-8553 Vol. 7, No. 2.
10- Siddiqui, R. S., & Hassan, A., (2012) Relationship between Job Satisfaction and Employee Turnover Intention Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies ISSN: 2219-6145 Vol. 2, Issue 1, 2012.
11- Siddiqui, R. S., Shah, I,. (2012) A Gender based Comparison Between Married and Unmarried Young Adults International Research Journal of Arts & Humanities ISSN: 1016-9342 Vol. 40, No. 40.
Assistant Professor (BS International Relations Program)
• Ph. D in International Relations from University of Karachi
• M.A in International Relations from University of Karachi
• Associate degree in Textile Technology from Textile Institute of Pakistan (T.I.P)
• Assistant Professor – BS IR Program (April 2022)
• Lecturer – BS IR Program (October 2021 – March 2022)
• Visiting Lecturer – The Smart College, Gulshan-e-Iqbal Campus (2016 – 2018)
• Visiting Lecturer– University of Karachi (Spring 2017 – Fall 2017)
• Lecturer – Dadabhoy Institute of Higher Education (2017 – 2019)
1. Soft Power: An Invasion to Pakistani Culture
2. Diminishing local Languages in the Era of Globalization: A Case Study of Pakistan
3. Water Crisis between Turkey, Syria, and Iraq and Its Implications
4. Women in Pakistan-social mobility, human development, and empowerment
5. Political Islam as Explained by Sayyid Qutb and Maulana Mawdudi a Comparison
6. Cultural Globalization In A Contest With The State And Nationalism
7. Structural cultural globalization: A threat to positive and sustainable peace
8. Communism, an incomplete unforgettable tale, a case study of Pakistan published in Pakistan Journal of International Affairs.
• Challenges of Women Empowerment and Human development in Pakistan’ presented in International Conference organized by the University of Karachi in Oct 2016.
• Structural globalization: a threat to positive and sustainable peace presented in an international conference in Nov 2017.
• Cultural Globalization and Nation States’ presented in International Conference organized by Benazir Bhutto University on 7th August 2018.
Supervision of Research Articles:
• Effect of Islamic culture and religion on the consumption of halal food among the younger generation of Pakistan by Rafia Alkasiri, Sharmeen Jawaid, Wajiha Farooq (Students Bahria University, Karachi) published in Asian Social Sciences Review.
• Attitude towards the cultural appropriation of fashion: a survey with the Pakistani population by Faryal Jabeen Haye, Hooriya Rais, Maheera Saleem, Zarnaaz Ishaq (Student Institute of Professional Psychology Bahria University) published in Asian Social Sciences Review.
• MA (English Linguistics) from University of Karachi in 2007
• M.Phil (English Linguistics) from Hamdard University in 2016
Ms. Sidra Ahmed
Senior Lecturer & Program Manager, BS (IR)
Total 15 years of professional experience in numerous fields including; corporate sector, media industry and university teaching. Eight years of teaching in various public and private sector universities. Working with DHA Suffa University from October 2020 till date in capacity of lecturer, Program coordinator, Member Board of Studies and Member Coordination Committee.
• PhD international Relations (in process) from University of Karachi • M. Phil International Relations from University of Karachi • MA International Relations from University of Karachi • Certified in Human Resource Management from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi.
• Identity politics, Secularism, Regional Studies, Media, Theology, Political Philosophy.
• Humanities & Social Sciences: Principles of International Relations, Foreign Policy, Theories & Principles of IR, Pakistan Studies, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Business Ethics, Political Geography, Business English, Study Skills.
• Management Sciences: Principles of Management, Cross Cultural Management, Organization & Management
• Administrative Sciences: Social Policy
• Research Paper published in Journal of Social Sciences (HEC Y Category), June 2021.
– Research article on “The Shift of Power from the Public Representatives to the Bureaucratic and Military Elite: Case Study of the First Decade of Pakistan” published in Pakistan Perspectives 24, No.1, January-June 2019 https://psc.edu.pk/psc/index.php/pp-24-1-9/
– Political Islam as explained by Sayyid Qutb and Maulana Mawdudi: A comparison
Pakistan Journal of International Affairs June 2021
• Foreign Policy
• Comparative Politics
• Islam and the West
• Contemporary South Asia
• M.Phil English, Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University Quetta
• B.S English, Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University Quetta
Technical Skill Set:
• Driven and determined, passionate
• Good communication skills
• A creative approach to new campaigns
• Good negotiating and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills
• Experience of curriculum designing and teaching
• Skills to conduct research, analyze results, and share findings
• A high standard of computer literacy, MS Office and familiarity with statistical packages (SPSS)
• A Study of Slave Psychology as a result of Slavery in the Context of “Color Puple”
• Women Objectification: A Post-Feminist Study of Neuromancer
• PhD. in Mass Communication: Enrolled in 2020 at University of Karachi (In progress)
• M.PHIL. in Mass Communication: 2020 from University of Karachi, with (Thesis and highest CGPA 3.73/4.0)
• M.PHIL Dissertation topic: Health risk communication of chronic diseases in the leading newspapers of Pakistan: A content analysis (January’17-December’17)
• Master of Arts in Mass Communication: 2016 from University of Karachi, with 2nd position (CGPA: 3.4/4.0)
• Master’s Dissertation: Survey on Addiction of Social Networking Websites in Youngsters.
• Bachelor (Honors) of Arts in Mass Communication: 2015 from University of Karachi, with 2nd position (CGPA: 3.0/4.0)
I have a strong research focus towards prevention and control of global diseases by strategic communication skills. Extremely motivated to deliver long term communication solutions for complex public health issues.
• Communication Sciences
• Strategic communication
• Risk Communication
• Media Literacy
• Health Literacy
• Development studies
• Statistical analysis of Salman Taseer and Mumtaz Qadri case coverage in Daily Express and Daily the Nation. Shafiq O, Kiran F. Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 2018; 14: 254-260
• Coverage of Honor Killing: A Content Analysis of English Language Newspapers of Pakistan. Kiran F. Journal of Mass Communication & Journalism. 2019; 8: 401. doi: 10.4172/2165-7912.1000401
• Assessing role of Newspapers in creating awareness of HIV/AIDS in Pakistan. Kiran F, Mahmood S. Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities. 2019; 58 : 215-226
International Conference on Media and Conflict
• Media and conflict research volume series 2019: War and peace journalism: A critical analysis of newspapers coverage on Operation Rah-e-Haq III and Rad-ul-Fasad in Pakistan.
NED UNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
Department of Humanities
Visiting Faculty, March 2020- October 2020
Teach course: Media Studies
• Redesign the complete course with more practical approach of learning.
UNIVERSITY OF KARACHI
Department of Mass Communication
Visiting Faculty, January 2019- December 2019
Teach courses: Elementary Journalism and Mass Communication, Mass Media and Society and Mass Media in the Modern World.
• Silent Epidemic, Social Injustice or Exaggerated Health Concern? Evaluating Newspaper Discourse in Infant Mortality and Public Health Policy Issues of Pakistan.
Symposium on International Media Conference on Role of Media in Poverty alleviation & Promoting Social Injustice, AMCAP-BUKC, Karachi, February 2020.
• War and peace journalism: A critical analysis of newspapers coverage on Operation Rah-e-Haq III and Rad-ul-Fasad in Pakistan.
Symposium on 1st International Conference on Media and Conflict, Pakistan peace collective project ministry of information and broadcasting Government of Pakistan, Islamabad, May, 2019.
Software: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Microsoft Outlook), SPSS, G Suite, OBS and Photoshop.
Dr. Muhammad Ali Ehsan
Faculty IR, VF
Dr. Saqib Muhammad Khan
PhD Islamic Studies, VF
Dr. Ahmed Raza
Faculty IR, VF
Dr. Waqas Hashmi
PhD Islamic Learning, VF
Ms. Maha Kanwal
Masters in English Literature, Gold Medalist, VF
Mr. Usman Hashmi
MA English Language Teaching, MS Teaching Management, VF
Ms. Nadia Kaleem
Masters in English Literature, Masters in Linguistics. Working in M Phil dissertation, VF
Mr. Madad Ali Khoso
MS English Literature & Linguistics, VF
• MS English Literature & Linguistics, COMSATS University Islamabad
• MA English Literature & Linguistics NUML Islamabad