Dr. Ahmed Raza IR Visiting Faculty
Dr. Muhammad Ali Ehsan Faculty IR
Dr. Saqib Muhammad Khan PhD Islamic Studies
Dr. Sarah Syed Kazmi Assistant Professor & Program Manager, BS (English)
Dr. Waqas Hashmi PhD Islamic Learning
Mr. Kamran Ali Assistant Professor
Mr. Muhammad Mustafa Raza Senior Lecturer
Mr. Usman Hashmi MA English Language Teaching, MS Teaching Management
Ms. Farzana Sohail MPhil Applied Linguistics
Ms. Fatima Kiran Lecturer
Ms. Jessica Janet Samuel , BA Honours English Literature, Masters in English Literature
Ms. Maha Kanwal Masters in English Literature, Gold Medalist
Ms. Nadia Kaleem Masters in English Literature, Masters in Linguistics. Working in M Phil dissertation
Ms. Nida Batool MPhil in English
Ms. Samreen Bari Faculty IR
Ms. Seema Jalil Associate Professor (Retired)
Ms. Sidra Ahmed Lecturer & Program Manager, BS (IR)
Prof. Dr Bashir Ahmad Professor & Dean Management and Social Sciences
Prof. Dr. Ahmed Saeed Minhas Professor & Pro-Vice Chancellor
Dr. Ahmed Raza
IR Visiting Faculty
Dr. Muhammad Ali Ehsan
Dr. Saqib Muhammad Khan
PhD Islamic Studies
Dr. Sarah Syed Kazmi
Assistant Professor & Program Manager, BS (English)
• Recipient of Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal. National Youth Award for English Literature by Ministry of Youth Affairs, Young Achiever Award by Ministry of Culture. Holds a PhD in European Studies, her major being English Literature and Linguistics. Has completed MPhil Course Study in English literature, another MPhil Course Study in European Studies.
Holds a Masters in English Literature, and another Masters in Linguistics. She is an English poet and a writer.
• PhD European Studies, 2019: Area Study Centre for Europe, University of Karachi. CGPA: 3.9
• MPhil: Area Study Centre for Europe University of Karachi. Completed MPhil Course Study in European Studies with distinction securing 3.8 GPA in 2012.
• MPhil: Punjab University, Lahore. Completed M Phil Course Study in the subject of English Literature with distinction.
• Masters: Government College University, Lahore. Masters in English Literature with distinction and Roll of Honour.
• Masters: University of Karachi. Masters in Linguistics, 1st Division, 2009.
• Bachelors (Gold Medalist): Lahore College for Women University, Lahore. Bachelors in English Literature with distinction, securing Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal Division: 1st
• Sarah Syed Kazmi’s anthology of poems titled “Inscapes” has been published in July 2021
• Sarah Syed Kazmi translated an Urdu Naat anthology in English, titled “Reverence unto His Feet”, published by the Naat Research Centre Leeds, United Kingdom in August 2009
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Appropriation of the Subliminal and Alchemical Elements of Waiting in Rumi: A Metaphysical Perspective.” Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol.37 No.2: (July 2021): 51-63
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Ethno-Linguistic Divide in Belgium: Postcolonial Readings”. Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol. 31 No. 1: Journal of European Studies (July 2015): 81-99
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Reworking of Antigone by Jean Anouilh”. Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol. 31 No. 2: Journal of European Studies (July 2015): 141-158
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Ben Jonson’s Volpone”. Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol. 32 No. 2: Journal of European Studies (July 2016): 130-143
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed, “The role of education in fostering environmental policies in Pakistan and the EU: A Comparative Study” in Challenges of the 21st Century, Focus on Human Rights, Gender and Environment Studies, Area Study Centre for Europe, University of Karachi. (2017). 121-133
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “EU’s Foreign Policy; What kind of Power and Diplomatic Action.” Journal of European Studies (JES) 31, no. 1 (July 2014): 139-142
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Globalization, Multilateralism, Europe: Towards a Better Global Governance?” Journal of European Studies (JES) 31, no. 1 (January 2015): 113-117
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “The European Union and South-East Europe: The Dynamics of Europeanization.” Journal of European Studies (JES) 31, no.2 (July 2015): 159-168
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “European Union Foreign Policy in a Changing World”. Journal of European Studies (JES) 32, no. 1 (January 2016): 135-137
• Chaired First International Conference “Emerging Language Trends” at Hamdard University, Karachi, April 7, 2021.
• Presented paper titled “The Politics of Linguistic Marginalization in the Third Space: A Postcolonial Analysis” at NUST first International Conference on Management and Social Sciences, June 24, 2021.
• Presented her paper titled “Deconstruction of the Ethno-linguistic Praxis of the Khoja Diaspora: A Post-colonial Perspective” in an international conference at the Western Indian Ocean Studies Programme at Florida International University, USA in November 2015.
Her paper titled “From the Alchemical to the Subliminal elements in Rumi: A Metaphysical Perspective” was selected for an international conference in University of Paderborn, Germany, May 2016.
• Presented paper titled “The Role of Education in Fostering Environmental Policies in Pakistan and the EU: A Comparative Study”, in a workshop held at the Area Study Centre for Europe.
• Completed Creative Writing Course from Wesleyan University.
• Winner of Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal in English Literature, Bachelors.
• Winner of the National Youth Award in the field of English Literature, by Ministry of Youth Affairs, Government of Pakistan.
• Young Achiever Award from the Ministry of Culture.
• Highest aggregate score in the subjects of English Language and English Literature in Bachelors.
• Winner of Co-Curricular Roll of Honour at LCWU.
• Achieved the title of Best Poetess at LCWU, Lahore.
• First female editor of the Ravi magazine (English Section )GCU, circulated internationally, for the year 2004.
• Editor of Kiran magazine (English Section) at LCWU.
• Built a record at LCWU by holding three offices simultaneously; Editor Kiran English Section, President English Literary Society and President Quaid e Azam Society.
• Member of the Seniors Club at GCU, comprising toppers from different disciplines.
• Active member of the NGO, PIPFPD (Pakistan India Peoples’ Forum for Peace and Democracy) in 2004.
• Participated in numerous international creative writing competitions and achieved distinctions such as one from the Japanese GOE Peace Making Essay Writing Competition.
• Arranged numerous seminars, workshops and lectures both at LCWU and GCU, and has been participating in various educational programmes. Her poetry is widely acclaimed in literary circles and has been winning prizes
• Won quiz programmes arranged by the PTV.
Dr. Waqas Hashmi
PhD Islamic Learning
Mr. Kamran Ali
• MA (English Linguistics) from University of Karachi in 2007
• M.Phil (English Linguistics) from Hamdard University in 2016
Mr. Muhammad Mustafa Raza
• PhD (IR) in progress from Uok
• MA (International Relations), University of Karachi
• MA (Political Science), University of Karachi
Pakistan Studies, Introduction to International Relations, Introduction to Political Science, Professional Ethics, Evolution of State, Contemporary World
Senior Lecturer- DHA Suffa University
August 2013– till date
Lecturer- NUML (Karachi Campus)
January 2013– December 20Humanities and Management Sciences13
– Department: Humanities
– Courses Taught: International Relations, Pakistan Studies, Contemporary World. Foreign Policy
– Research article on “The Shift of Power from the Public Representatives to the Bureaucratic and Military Elite: Case Study of the First Decade of Pakistan” published in Pakistan Perspectives 24, No.1, January-June 2019 https://psc.edu.pk/psc/index.php/pp-24-1-9/
– Political Islam as explained by Sayyid Qutb and Maulana Mawdudi: A comparison
Pakistan Journal of International Affairs June 2021
• Foreign Policy
• Comparative Politics
• Islam and the West
• Contemporary South Asia
For detailed profile, visit following link:
Mr. Usman Hashmi
MA English Language Teaching, MS Teaching Management
Ms. Farzana Sohail
MPhil Applied Linguistics
Ms. Fatima Kiran
• PhD. in Mass Communication: Enrolled in 2020 at University of Karachi (In progress)
• M.PHIL. in Mass Communication: 2020 from University of Karachi, with (Thesis and highest CGPA 3.73/4.0)
• M.PHIL Dissertation topic: Health risk communication of chronic diseases in the leading newspapers of Pakistan: A content analysis (January’17-December’17)
• Master of Arts in Mass Communication: 2016 from University of Karachi, with 2nd position (CGPA: 3.4/4.0)
• Master’s Dissertation: Survey on Addiction of Social Networking Websites in Youngsters.
• Bachelor (Honors) of Arts in Mass Communication: 2015 from University of Karachi, with 2nd position (CGPA: 3.0/4.0)
I have a strong research focus towards prevention and control of global diseases by strategic communication skills. Extremely motivated to deliver long term communication solutions for complex public health issues.
• Communication Sciences
• Strategic communication
• Risk Communication
• Media Literacy
• Health Literacy
• Development studies
• Statistical analysis of Salman Taseer and Mumtaz Qadri case coverage in Daily Express and Daily the Nation. Shafiq O, Kiran F. Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 2018; 14: 254-260
• Coverage of Honor Killing: A Content Analysis of English Language Newspapers of Pakistan. Kiran F. Journal of Mass Communication & Journalism. 2019; 8: 401. doi: 10.4172/2165-7912.1000401
• Assessing role of Newspapers in creating awareness of HIV/AIDS in Pakistan. Kiran F, Mahmood S. Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities. 2019; 58 : 215-226
International Conference on Media and Conflict
• Media and conflict research volume series 2019: War and peace journalism: A critical analysis of newspapers coverage on Operation Rah-e-Haq III and Rad-ul-Fasad in Pakistan.
NED UNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
Department of Humanities
Visiting Faculty, March 2020- October 2020
Teach course: Media Studies
• Redesign the complete course with more practical approach of learning.
UNIVERSITY OF KARACHI
Department of Mass Communication
Visiting Faculty, January 2019- December 2019
Teach courses: Elementary Journalism and Mass Communication, Mass Media and Society and Mass Media in the Modern World.
• Silent Epidemic, Social Injustice or Exaggerated Health Concern? Evaluating Newspaper Discourse in Infant Mortality and Public Health Policy Issues of Pakistan.
Symposium on International Media Conference on Role of Media in Poverty alleviation & Promoting Social Injustice, AMCAP-BUKC, Karachi, February 2020.
• War and peace journalism: A critical analysis of newspapers coverage on Operation Rah-e-Haq III and Rad-ul-Fasad in Pakistan.
Symposium on 1st International Conference on Media and Conflict, Pakistan peace collective project ministry of information and broadcasting Government of Pakistan, Islamabad, May, 2019.
Software: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Microsoft Outlook), SPSS, G Suite, OBS and Photoshop.
Ms. Jessica Janet Samuel
, BA Honours English Literature, Masters in English Literature
Ms. Maha Kanwal
Masters in English Literature, Gold Medalist
Ms. Nadia Kaleem
Masters in English Literature, Masters in Linguistics. Working in M Phil dissertation
Ms. Nida Batool
MPhil in English
Ms. Samreen Bari
Ms. Seema Jalil
Associate Professor (Retired)
Ms. Sidra Ahmed
Lecturer & Program Manager, BS (IR)
Total 15 years of professional experience in numerous fields including; corporate sector, media industry and university teaching. Eight years of teaching in various public and private sector universities. Working with DHA Suffa University from October 2020 till date in capacity of lecturer, Program coordinator, Member Board of Studies and Member Coordination Committee.
• PhD international Relations (in process) from University of Karachi
• M. Phil International Relations from University of Karachi
• MA International Relations from University of Karachi
• Certified in Human Resource Management from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi.
• Identity politics, Secularism, Regional Studies, Media, Theology, Political Philosophy.
• Humanities & Social Sciences: Principles of International Relations, Foreign Policy, Theories & Principles of IR, Pakistan Studies, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Business Ethics, Political Geography, Business English, Study Skills.
• Management Sciences: Principles of Management, Cross Cultural Management, Organization & Management
• Administrative Sciences: Social Policy
• Research Paper published in Journal of Social Sciences (HEC Y Category), June 2021.
• Research Paper published in Pakistan Journal of International Affairs Vol. 3 No. 2 (2020)
(HEC Y Category). Weblink: https://pjia.com.pk/index.php/pjia/article/view/10
• Research Paper Published in New Horizon, Vol. 13,No.2,Jul 2019 (HEC Y Category). Weblink: https://www.greenwich.edu.pk/images/PDFs/NHJ/NH_V13_N2.pdf
• Research Paper Published in Pakistan Journal of International Affairs (PJIA), Jan – June 2018, Vol. 2, Issue 1(HEC Y Category)
• Various Articles published in The Asia Watch Magazine: Link https://tasianwatch.wordpress.com
Field Projects / Activities:
• Digital Media content Creator, Anchor-person, Political Analyst, Broadcaster and Blogger.
• Secured Highest GPA in M. Phil – IR Coursework batch of 2014-15
• Secured 1st class 4th position in MA IR batch of Y2K
• Recipient of Employee of the year award (thrice) while working with Consumer Interface Connection department, Unilever Pakistan Ltd.
For detailed profile, visit following link:
Prof. Dr Bashir Ahmad
Professor & Dean Management and Social Sciences
• HEC Approved Supervisor
• PhD (Management Sciences), UoK
• MBA (Marketing)
• MA (Economics)
• Languages: English, Arabic and Persian.
• Editor: Two Research Journals.
• Research Areas: Management, Marketing, Economics, HRM, Philosophy
• Member of Centre for Business and Economic Research (CBER), 79th College Road, Harrow, HA1 1BD, London, United Kingdom
• Member National Curriculum Review Committee, HEC, Pakistan
• Has been Head of a Business School, Principal of a Technology Institute, HoD Humanities and Social Science Department, Head of Management Sciences Department, Associate Dean of Management Sciences and Head of Campus of a University.
• Books Authored: 5 (Management: Evolution and Application in Our Environments, Organisational Performance Excellence and Quality Management: Dilemma of the Third World, Managing Constraints: Psycho Social Complexities of Pakistan, Management Evolution and Application in Underdeveloped and Developing Societies, 2nd edition and Belt and Road Initiative in Global Context (One Chapter)
• Research and Conference Papers: 89 (in all concerned areas of interest)
Prof. Dr. Ahmed Saeed Minhas
Professor & Pro-Vice Chancellor
• HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
• PhD (International Relations) Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU), Islamabad
• MSc (Defence and Strategic Studies) Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU), Islamabad
• Professor, Department of International Relations, DHA Suffa University, Karachi
• Pro-Vice Chancellor, DHA Suffa University, Karachi
• Strategic Management
• Contemporary World
• International Political Economy
• National and strategic Security
• Employee Ethics
|HEC Recognized Publications||Other Publications||Newspaper Articles||Book Chapter|
For detailed profile, visit following link: