Dr. Sarah Syed Kazmi Program In-charge BS (English)
Mr. Kamran Ali Assistant Professor
Ms. Tatheer Yawar Ali Lecturer
Ms. Saadia Khan Lecturer
Ms. Sadia Mehboob Lecturer
• Recipient of Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal. National Youth Award for English Literature by Ministry of Youth Affairs, Young Achiever Award by Ministry of Culture. Holds a PhD in European Studies, her major being English Literature and Linguistics. Has completed MPhil Course Study in English literature, another MPhil Course Study in European Studies.
Holds a Masters in English Literature, and another Masters in Linguistics. She is an English poet and a writer.
• PhD European Studies, 2019: Area Study Centre for Europe, University of Karachi. CGPA: 3.9
• MPhil: Area Study Centre for Europe University of Karachi. Completed MPhil Course Study in European Studies with distinction securing 3.8 GPA in 2012.
• MPhil: Punjab University, Lahore. Completed M Phil Course Study in the subject of English Literature with distinction.
• Masters: Government College University, Lahore. Masters in English Literature with distinction and Roll of Honour.
• Masters: University of Karachi. Masters in Linguistics, 1st Division, 2009.
• Bachelors (Gold Medalist): Lahore College for Women University, Lahore. Bachelors in English Literature with distinction, securing Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal Division: 1st
• Sarah Syed Kazmi’s anthology of poems titled “Inscapes” has been published in July 2021
• Sarah Syed Kazmi translated an Urdu Naat anthology in English, titled “Reverence unto His Feet”, published by the Naat Research Centre Leeds, United Kingdom in August 2009
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Appropriation of the Subliminal and Alchemical Elements of Waiting in Rumi: A Metaphysical Perspective.” Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol.37 No.2: (July 2021): 51-63
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Ethno-Linguistic Divide in Belgium: Postcolonial Readings”. Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol. 31 No. 1: Journal of European Studies (July 2015): 81-99
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Reworking of Antigone by Jean Anouilh”. Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol. 31 No. 2: Journal of European Studies (July 2015): 141-158
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Ben Jonson’s Volpone”. Journal of European Studies (JES): Vol. 32 No. 2: Journal of European Studies (July 2016): 130-143
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed, “The role of education in fostering environmental policies in Pakistan and the EU: A Comparative Study” in Challenges of the 21st Century, Focus on Human Rights, Gender and Environment Studies, Area Study Centre for Europe, University of Karachi. (2017). 121-133
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “EU’s Foreign Policy; What kind of Power and Diplomatic Action.” Journal of European Studies (JES) 31, no. 1 (July 2014): 139-142
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “Globalization, Multilateralism, Europe: Towards a Better Global Governance?” Journal of European Studies (JES) 31, no. 1 (January 2015): 113-117
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “The European Union and South-East Europe: The Dynamics of Europeanization.” Journal of European Studies (JES) 31, no.2 (July 2015): 159-168
• Kazmi, Sarah Syed. “European Union Foreign Policy in a Changing World”. Journal of European Studies (JES) 32, no. 1 (January 2016): 135-137
• Chaired First International Conference “Emerging Language Trends” at Hamdard University, Karachi, April 7, 2021.
• Presented paper titled “The Politics of Linguistic Marginalization in the Third Space: A Postcolonial Analysis” at NUST first International Conference on Management and Social Sciences, June 24, 2021.
• Presented her paper titled “Deconstruction of the Ethno-linguistic Praxis of the Khoja Diaspora: A Post-colonial Perspective” in an international conference at the Western Indian Ocean Studies Programme at Florida International University, USA in November 2015.
Her paper titled “From the Alchemical to the Subliminal elements in Rumi: A Metaphysical Perspective” was selected for an international conference in University of Paderborn, Germany, May 2016.
• Presented paper titled “The Role of Education in Fostering Environmental Policies in Pakistan and the EU: A Comparative Study”, in a workshop held at the Area Study Centre for Europe.
• Completed Creative Writing Course from Wesleyan University.
• Winner of Shaukat Ara Niazi Literary Gold Medal in English Literature, Bachelors.
• Winner of the National Youth Award in the field of English Literature, by Ministry of Youth Affairs, Government of Pakistan.
• Young Achiever Award from the Ministry of Culture.
• Highest aggregate score in the subjects of English Language and English Literature in Bachelors.
• Winner of Co-Curricular Roll of Honour at LCWU.
• Achieved the title of Best Poetess at LCWU, Lahore.
• First female editor of the Ravi magazine (English Section )GCU, circulated internationally, for the year 2004.
• Editor of Kiran magazine (English Section) at LCWU.
• Built a record at LCWU by holding three offices simultaneously; Editor Kiran English Section, President English Literary Society and President Quaid e Azam Society.
• Member of the Seniors Club at GCU, comprising toppers from different disciplines.
• Active member of the NGO, PIPFPD (Pakistan India Peoples’ Forum for Peace and Democracy) in 2004.
• Participated in numerous international creative writing competitions and achieved distinctions such as one from the Japanese GOE Peace Making Essay Writing Competition.
• Arranged numerous seminars, workshops and lectures both at LCWU and GCU, and has been participating in various educational programmes. Her poetry is widely acclaimed in literary circles and has been winning prizes
• Won quiz programmes arranged by the PTV.
• MA (English Linguistics) from University of Karachi in 2007
• M.Phil (English Linguistics) from Hamdard University in 2016
• MBA (Human Resource), SZABIST, Karachi
• BBA, University of Karachi
• Human Resource Management
• Human Resource Information System
• Consumer Behavior
• Received Merit Scholarship on securing highest GPA in 2nd Semester of MBA at SZABIST
• Secured 2nd position in BBA
• Secured Merit Scholarship in all semesters of BBA and a place in the List of Honor
• MSC: Organizational Psychology and Human Resource, IoBM
• BBA Hons: Hamdard University
• Certified Remedial Therapist for Dyslexics: R.E.A.D (Diploma)
• Certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapist (online Oxford University in collaboration with PACT) (Diploma)
• MBA (HR & Finance), Pakistan
• BBA (Hons), Pakistan
• Lecturer, DACB, DHA, Karachi